Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:45:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 54003 times)
MCT
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »

Thing about Jill is she overdoes it on the vocals. And like Tommy said about Lukas' version of the Supernova track, "he gets it.", well the opposite can be said about Jill - she doesn't get it.

At least Patrice is closer than Jill in that regard. But I can't stand either one of 'em, so I don't really give two fucks.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2006, 07:15:23 PM »

Thing about Jill is she overdoes it on the vocals.

I agree.

But don't you just find Patrice to be extremely bland and unversatile?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
MCT
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »

Thing about Jill is she overdoes it on the vocals.

I agree.

But don't you just find Patrice to be extremely bland and unversatile?

Oh, absolutely! And on top of all that, she comes across as false when she's performing!

But at least she gets the Supernova vibe and makes an honest effort to be something she's not. Which, incidentally, accentuates even further her inability to win the competition.

Jill on the other hand may change up her performance style, maybe even tone down the vocals (see last night), but when it's all said and done one can clearly see that she doesn't quite get where she needs to go and what she needs to do in order to front Supernova.

So...

EDIT - Wow. Didn't expect that particular bottom three... Shocked

I guess I should have went with my first instinct.

Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:57:48 PM by MCT » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2006, 02:22:50 AM »

I actually said Jill was going home when the show first came on.... Ask journey if u dont believe me.

right now I believe that Storm and Dilana are tied. depends on what cup of tea u prefer. I personally think Dilana is the female vocal Axl Rose.  She can fuckin do it all.

Storm is amazing as well.

the guys.... Lucas looks like AJ from the Backstreet Boys and kind of sings like him.

Magni is good, I loved Tobey's performance til he pulled out the stupid megaphone.

Ryan Starr is a gay bastard, Im also extremely happy Josh got the boot as well. He drove me crazy with his nasal ass vocals.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2006, 05:16:45 AM »

I actually said Jill was going home when the show first came on.... Ask journey if u dont believe me.

I did.

She said your full of shit.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2006, 08:49:42 AM »

I'm with DTM I hate Ryan as well...and he destroyed the REM tune and the Stones tune IMO but the song he did last night was good...prolly his best so far.

My projected top 5 - Lukas, Dilana, Storm, Magni and Toby

I think there is an internet group striving to keep Zayra around...I know American Idol has a group that tries to keep the worst one around. I wonder what she is gonna butcher next week hihi one good thing though we didn't have to endure an elimination performance by her last night rofl

Patrice i thought started off great but she's losing it no

wink
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »

I I personally think Dilana is the female vocal Axl Rose.? She can fuckin do it all.

I think the total opposite, compairing to Axl, pffft.
She sings in one tone, thats it.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2006, 12:23:12 PM »

I'm with DTM
My projected top 5 - Lukas, Dilana, Storm, Magni and Toby

Agreed, and drop Magni & Toby & you got the Top 3. I say Dilana wins it all.

I I personally think Dilana is the female vocal Axl Rose.? She can fuckin do it all.

I think the total opposite, compairing to Axl, pffft.
She sings in one tone, thats it.

Look, we're kinda grading on a curve here.? hihi hihi Have you seen the talent pool we're choosing from??? ?Undecided
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »

I know people are obsessed with Axl and no one can ever be him but Listen to her sing. She has that rasp and that high banshee wail that Axl has.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2006, 02:43:06 AM »

she has an awesome voice. better than axls dare i say it here.

but by golly, she is an awful lyricist!

did you see that webisode on the website where they wrote lyrics for an original supernova track.

awful...........just awful.

doesn't matter though, i doubt supernova would want a lyricist since if they got dilana they could write all the songs without having to pay her royalties.

Goldie
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2006, 05:53:05 AM »

Dilana is the ultimate. I agree- I think she's the female Axl Rose. She kills every song every time and she has maturity and balls. She is perfect for the band IMO.
Zbitch needs to fucking go. I'm sick of her! She gets to go to Vegas just cause she wears a freaky outfit?? That makes this whole competition a fucking joke.
I wish there was some way you could vote for who you think should GO instead of stay. I could vote for Dilana all friggin' day but that's not going to send Zbitch home.
I think certain ones have a fan base thus they never get voted to the bottom 3. Perfect example is Lukas screwed up last week, but he didn't even get voted to the bottom 3.
I'm dying to see who wins this, but the BS in between is like watching an animal get hit by a car and die a slow death.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »

Dilana is the ultimate. I agree- I think she's the female Axl Rose. She kills every song every time and she has maturity and balls. She is perfect for the band IMO.
Zbitch needs to fucking go. I'm sick of her! She gets to go to Vegas just cause she wears a freaky outfit?? That makes this whole competition a fucking joke.
I wish there was some way you could vote for who you think should GO instead of stay. I could vote for Dilana all friggin' day but that's not going to send Zbitch home.
I think certain ones have a fan base thus they never get voted to the bottom 3. Perfect example is Lukas screwed up last week, but he didn't even get voted to the bottom 3.
I'm dying to see who wins this, but the BS in between is like watching an animal get hit by a car and die a slow death.

I agree.  If it was up to me that Zchick would have been going weeks ago.  I cringe when she sings.  Ryan seems to just scream IMO although I didn't think he was that bad with the REM song.

Pasnow has a point - we ARE grading on a curve!  hihi

Why don't you just....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2006, 09:54:47 PM »

Ryan Sucks

Look, there are songs in music, that are just great songs:

Black By Pearl Jam can be s ung by anyone and its still gonna kick ass, cause its a kick ass song, same with Losing My Religion. That song is so deep and emotional that anyone could sing that song and it still be amazing.

want proof?

Just look at the rest of Ryan's body of work.  everything he has done sucks but that one song was awesome. See my point?

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2006, 04:12:40 AM »

That band needs someone like Paul Di'anno IMO? Smiley

BEST POST EVER!!!! ok

If the world would end today... Wink
sandman
Legend

« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2006, 10:04:54 PM »

as usual, dilana is WAY ahead of the competition.

i still would rank lukas second.

storm was awful tonight. that was tough to watch.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Goldie
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2006, 05:53:34 AM »

Yes, Once again Dilana proved she's the best. Its getting to the point where I'm just thinking why don't they just chose her and get it over with?
I have not liked Lukas from the beginning but last night I thought he was really good. But yet they gave him a (pardon the pun) LUKEwarm response. What was up with that?
Storm did the best with what she had. How much can you rock out I Will Survive? I think they purposely put these songs in there to set them up to fail. Granted I love Storm, but even I was bored with the performance. But as I said I attribute that to the song, not her.
Z-bitch. Nice song...I'll give her that. Whatever the fuck it was about. However, she's still not getting that she's not the style they are looking for. YET THEY KEEP HER! Nobody has yet to answer me why.
Patrice needs to go. That absolutely sucked.
The thing that bothered me the most last night was most of the performers complained they were still "reviving" from the trip to Vegas. So, are you saying you can't go on world tour where every night is going to be like that?? Did any of the guys pick up on that? Huh
I'll stop ranting now! Grin
I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow to rant some more though. Thanks for listening to my two cents!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2006, 06:43:22 AM »

The thing that bothered me the most last night was most of the performers complained they were still "reviving" from the trip to Vegas. So, are you saying you can't go on world tour where every night is going to be like that?? Did any of the guys pick up on that? Huh
I'll stop ranting now! Grin
I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow to rant some more though. Thanks for listening to my two cents!

I agree 100%^

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2006, 07:40:25 AM »

And I agree 1000%.

My bottom 3 this week, tough as it is to say, would be Z-bitch, Patrice, and Storm.  Though I agree, Storm did the best with what she had....she had shit.  It was just hard to watch...and you could tell she wasn't happy with the song selection at all.  How THAT song could be included for them to choose...no matter who got it they were gonna suck.  But Storm's comment was funny as fuck: "I partied in Vegas with these guys, went back, went to sleep, and I woke up with Gloria Gaynard."  Out of context, that sounds like the begining of a very interesting story.

Dilana was, far and away, the best last night.  I agree with the rest of the crew on that one, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2006, 08:58:43 AM »

Dilana fucked up the lyrics...obviously nobody noticed....Toby was the best IMO and the Bongos was a great touch

How the fuck was he in the bottom 3!!!

I say Zayra, Patrice and Storm in the bottom

sandman
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2006, 09:35:11 AM »

patrice will go home tonight. she's awful. i hate that dude ryan but he's been good the last few weeks.

and i disagree big time with the argument many have amde that a good song = good performance; and bad song = weak performance.

talented performers change arrangements and bring something extra to the table. dilana has not had the best of songs to work with, yet she has made every single performance a memorable one.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: