Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 54005 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »

is this on Sky 3 as well as 1 - havent managed to see it once yet, apart from one advert.  i bloody dont get sky 1....
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2006, 03:23:22 PM »

hahaha - yeah that stage dive even impressed Tommy.  hihi

I don't care for the Eddie Munster looking dude either.  no

Why don't you just....
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2006, 06:02:47 AM »

I think it's funny Dave called that Ryan asswhipe out for bad-mouthing Dana's performance... hihi

Even after hearing him out, I was hoping Dave would have just been like: "She may be a little poppy for us, but at least she can sing butthole..." ok

Like that guy had zero right badmouthing her...dumb fuck couldn't even cover a CCR song...and Gilby was right, he does look in pain when he performs.. Lips Sealed
Too bad they didnt televise the whole show. Apparently Jason really ripped into Ryan. Really dissed him too and said Dana is a better singer with greater stage presence. Ill find the info. Its really interesting what happens and isnt aired.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

This is from the last elemination that didnt make it to air:
Hol-ee SHIT!!!

Best. Elimination. Taping. EVAH!!!

This one had it all: Intense Drama, Contentious Arguments, Awesome Performances, and (dare I say it?) a Surprise or two along the way. I don?t know how much will make it on air, however. There was an abundance of juicy stuff ? and I think you guys are gonna want me to fill in the blanks when it?s all over. (DAMN, I wish I had a tape recorder at this one!)

After Brooke announced that voting was up another 15%, we got the usual recap ? with the performances of Lukas, Toby, Dana, Ryan, and Dilana all highlighted as being the best of the bunch. According to the tape, more problematic performances came from Phil, Josh, Magni, Zayra, Jill and Patrice ? before Storm got the show back on track.

Following the recap, we got a brief Q&A between Dave, SN and the Rockers, before we went into the ?Back At The Mansion? footage. This reel focused on Jill, still smarting from Gilby?s comments, and Dana, talking with Dilana and Ryan, and hearing some unpleasant comments.

The Q&A which followed this footage was AWESOME! Gilby started by following up on his comment to Jill ? who got increasingly defensive. Before we knew it, it turned into a verbal knock down, drag out with Gilby and Jill really going at it! There?s no way that more than a snippet of this will make it on air, despite Dave commenting that this was TV at its best! ?It?s better than watching Crossfire!? he proclaimed. (FWIW, I thought Gilby came out the winner this round.)

After Dave questioned Dana and Dilana about their clip, Jason started in on Ryan. And I mean really started in on Ryan. He said he had a problem with Ryan?s comments to Dana and that, though Ryan criticizes Dana, her voice and stage presence are better than his. (Ouch!) Ryan flails around a bit trying to explain himself, but Jason just keeps hammering away. It gets to the point that Brooke walks back out on stage, apparently unscripted, and tries to intervene: ?There is so much tension here. Where is the love?? To which Dave, who is obviously eating it all up, replies: ?When?s recess??

After almost a half an hour of contentious Q&A, I wondered if we were ever going to get to an encore. Well, we did ? but even that seemed to have some drama attached to it. When Brooke asked Tommy for the encore choice, he said they needed to talk about it some more! And, sure enough, SN left the pod and went backstage for awhile. Trust me, it?s never happened like this before. Even the House Band looked uncertain about what was going on.

More minutes passed before SN returned and announced their choice. We can speculate all we want about whether this was their original choice or not, and whether they had second thoughts or not. Unfortunately, I have no more info or insight into what really went down.

And, now, what everyone is waiting for: The Bottom 3!

In addition to the Early Voting Results Bottom 3 (Jill, Josh, and Zayra), TWO other Rockers hit the Bottom 3 in the course of the voting. And, as has happened a couple times now, the Final Bottom 3 did not end up the same as the Early Results one. (Dave admitted that he was surprised at one of the B3 Rockers.)

The songs performed by the Bottom 3 were:

My Iron Lung, Radiohead
I?m Not An Addict, K?s Choice
Smoking Umbrellas, Failure

As was the case in Week 2, the Rockers sang their hearts out ? with each one delivering probably their best performance to date! It was a treat to experience; but, yet again, it made Supernova?s decision less clear-cut than you would think.

Supernova deliberated for about 20 minutes. Then the Hatchet Man (wearing a red, horned Devil?s hood) made the cut. Following my earlier promise, I refuse to use the word ?surprise? in describing the outcome. Wink

Then, in one last final twist, the expelled Rocker is hoist on their own petard - as Dave uses their own words against them. (OUCH!)

All in all, this was one unfuckingbelieveable show!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2006, 08:49:41 PM »

is it me or is tommy lee trying to look like scott wieland.the night he was wearing the brown hat with the vest on.i couldn't look at him the same.he seemed like a copy cat of scott.sickening.

the one an only horsey !
sandman
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2006, 09:13:02 AM »

the show is a joke, but very entertaining TV. the whole show is filled with comedy...

- everyone acting like SN is a real band
- gilby acting like he's a respected rock star
- tommy lee acting like he hates breaking the bad news right after he swings a fake ax and screams "i'm the hatchet man!!"
- the idea that these are the best singers they could find from around the globe. it still makes me laugh everytime i hear that.

my top 3 are:
1. dilana
2. toby
3. lukas

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2006, 08:49:31 AM »

Anyone notice Tommy's shirt last night?

Was that the "top hatted one" on the back of the shirt (clearly visible when he went up on stage to play)?

A pretty good night last night.  Z-bitch was once again the worst.  Of the "top" group, I thought only Lucas didn't put on  a good show.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2006, 09:07:07 AM »

How awful was that chick doing "867-5309" She was spinning around in that cape like she was some Superhero.. Was she auditioning for a Rock Band or Wonder Woman??

The girl singing the Breakfast Club song was bad too, (The one who grinded on Gilby last week). Although I didn't think she was as bad as the chick with the cape. She needs to go though, get her job at Hooters back serving chicken wings and beer which is probably what she does best.

Of the best, Lucas was off, tough to follow the guy with the piano though, esp with all the praise he got. I thought the piano song was good, not as great as they made it out to be. Still gotta say the chick with the pink & black hair will win.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2006, 09:19:20 AM »

weak week

storm was the best last night...and no crazy eyes...wtf hihi

yeah pilferk i noticed the GnR shirt ok

sandman
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »

i noticed the shirt, but it looked slightly different to me, and quickly assumed it wasn't. i could be wrong though.

does anyone think it was? i believe slash is supposed to be a guest judge one week. 

it was a boring show for me. a bunch of very weak performances, and the good singers were very average.

i hate the dude that did REM, but that performance was incredible. i think he should get the encore.

dilana again showed she is by far the best. no one else is even in her league. it will be interesting to see if SN is willing to have a woman front their band.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2006, 11:33:53 AM »

dilana really didn't impress me....she tried too hard to be "80's" imo and wtf was up with the Cher getup? and going up on the platform to shake her booty for SN....come on it's ok fro Dilana but not Jill...besides that ain't her Undecided

they really gotta lose the shitty song selection...WTF!? throw some ozzy or something in there...hell even some crue, gnr or metallica...they say "We don't wanna play this kinda shit"....well fuck pick some tunes are like you wanna play then rant

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »

I think Dilana chose a pretty average song, but perfomed it pretty well. IMHO at least.

As for song selection, I'm surprised they are getting the songs they are getting. I remember the first season of Amer Idol they would sing pretty much the same song every few weeks. I suppose they only got the rights to a few to sing, but as the show became popular, songwriters & owners of the rights to the song discovered there is probably a huge market and $$$ to be made from it.

I'm sure some artists like to hold on to their integrity so don't expect Ozzy or Metallica or Pearl Jam on there anytime soon. That said, I heard on the radio a few months ago Courtney Love sold like 60% (probably the good 60%) of Nirvana's collection to an "investor".. Which explains why their songs are flooding this show.. What's next, a Mazda commercial??
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2006, 12:11:29 PM »

i noticed the shirt, but it looked slightly different to me, and quickly assumed it wasn't. i could be wrong though.

On the back was definitely a top hat wearing, long black haired skull (I think with a ciggie in it's mouth).  We paused it about 7 times and rewound it just so I could make sure.  It sure looked like the old AFD-era Slash icon.....but I couldn't make out any text, so.....

I will triple check the TIVO tonight to make sure.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »

I don't know if it's a specific Slash design or just a skull.. You can pause it early on before he hugs the chick who sings and get a decent view of it. Let me know what you think.. Good catch though Pilferk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMQFEwrS7TI&NR
sandman
Legend

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »

I don't know if it's a specific Slash design or just a skull.. You can pause it early on before he hugs the chick who sings and get a decent view of it. Let me know what you think.. Good catch though Pilferk.

i'm now back to believing it is a gnr shirt. there's clearly 2 guns, and is that a rose on the side??

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2006, 03:36:06 PM »

I'm now back to believing it is a gnr shirt. there's clearly 2 guns, and is that a rose on the side??

That's right, you can make out the 2 guns forming an X.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2006, 09:31:22 PM »

It definately was a gnr vest. It had this picture on the back

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2006, 09:56:18 PM »

That is was , but jstu the skull thing, anyway, goodbye Dna, she was cool, kinda pissed about thaty but she was great at the end, and the band took notice

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Goldie
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2006, 05:54:33 AM »

I still think Dilana rocks them all! She gives me chills everytime. I don't get cape woman! Why do they keep the z-disaster? Just so there is something to laugh at? If so, that's cruel and wasting our time having to suffer every week. Storm was incredible!
The whole thing is rigged! That Zahira (or whoever the fuck she is) is still there and last night Lukas deserved to be in the bottom 3 and was not. His performance this week was one of the worst I had seen any of them do.
I have been wonder that as well- where are all the heavy songs? I'm sick of all the new shit. Bring on some good Black Sabbath or Led Zepplin for crying out loud! BRING IT!
I also thought that Tommy Lee was wearing a GNR shirt. I guess he didn't get it from Gilby's closet...hee hee? Grin
sandman
Legend

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2006, 07:56:41 AM »

i was really disappointed to see dana go home. she's better than the other chick in the bottom 2 (patrice??), and much mroe interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: