Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:20:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 53968 times)
Goldie
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 05:58:07 AM »

Thing is Goldie, these people are basically committing career suicide.'

Anyone who sings on a reality TV show outside Kelly clarkson have ZERO credibility.

If u dont win, u are finished.

Anybody on American Idol ever got signed other than the winner and some of the runners up?

Clarkson has the only career the rest will always be "American Idols" which is too big a stigma to overcome.

Same with this, Supernova arent a serious group, they may make one album tops and then what? U? have no shot to ever do anything else cause u get the stigma of being on Rockstar Supernova.

Dilana wasted her talent doing this show.

I love Tommy Lee more than words can describe but this band aint goin big time.

So Dilana couldve been great on her own, getting discovered, but now she committed career suicide the day she stepped onto a reality TV set.

They had American Idol auditions where I live earlier this week. U couldnt pay me to try out for some lame shit like that.

Well, I've never watched American Idol. Too pussy for me. I only started watching Supernova because of 1- Jason and 2- T Lee. I do agree that in the American Idol situation all were washed up except for Kelly Clarkson, but who really cares anyway?
I sort of agreed maybe Dilana is committing career suicide, but if I had a chance to tour with Jason and Tommy Lee I'd be up there singing "Mandy" by Barry Manilow!!
PS- I'm also on the Gilby not being a true member of GNR movement. Yeah, he PLAYED with them, but so did an orchestra. Is there some violinist going around saying they were in Guns N' Roses?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 10:45:32 AM »

Im sayin Gilby wasnt really in GNR

He was a hired musician on the biggest tour but trust me, no one in the house bought a ticket to see Gilby Clarke but yet he sits up there like some hot shot.

If Gilby dissed me, Id be like "Dude, when u write a fuckin song u can talk shit"

his solo stuff rocks IMO though and he also wrote some stuff for snake pit which i love too..also some of those tunes were meant for the GnR disk, but he got fired and  then GnR broke up...I've been kicking around the idea that the Clarke/Tobias situation was part of the reason for the "creative and moral differences" but like i said it's just a theory

as for him not being in GnR...he was...he was in every video after Don't Cry...

Live And Let Die / November Rain / Yesterdays / The Garden / Dead Horse / Garden Of Eden / Estranged / Since I Don't Have You

he was as much a part of GnR as anybody currently in the band right now IMHO

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »

as far as i know, gilby never said he wrote songs for GNR, did he? what gilby said was, did you hear any of our band.

now, one can NOT deny that he was in GNR.. and thus makes it his band and the singer he/they are looking for are a great rock singer and frontman, like, say, Axl Rose.... thats what he is looking for.

when did he claim to be a main ingredients to GNR?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 12:56:17 PM »

He didn't but an ex-member of GnR gets more viewers than a random solo artist hihi

um the comment i said about him writing some for the album that never was....pure speculation on my part Wink

there is interviews that Axl says that 5 O'Clock was gonna be the next GnR album and also there is a rumor that says Axl was pissed that Gilby made a solo disk instead of bringing some of his songs on Pawnshop Guitars album to the GnR table...

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 03:04:14 PM »

He didn't but an ex-member of GnR gets more viewers than a random solo artist hihi

um the comment i said about him writing some for the album that never was....pure speculation on my part Wink

there is interviews that Axl says that 5 O'Clock was gonna be the next GnR album and also there is a rumor that says Axl was pissed that Gilby made a solo disk instead of bringing some of his songs on Pawnshop Guitars album to the GnR table...

i though pawnshiop guitars came after his leaving... or maybe not... whywould axl sing on it then?

i hope gilby wrote some shit for GNR!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 03:07:33 PM »

i though pawnshiop guitars came after his leaving... or maybe not... whywould axl sing on it then?

i hope gilby wrote some shit for GNR!

gilby was fired June of '94 then later that month his album was released...so the recording was already done

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 03:11:54 PM »

I had a problem with Gilby saying "do you own any of our albums?"  How many casual GNR fans have a GNR album with Gilby playing on it?  I mean, sure he was on "The Spaghetti Incident?", and he knows not a lot of people went for his solo records, so what the hell was he talking about?  hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »

I had a problem with Gilby saying "do you own any of our albums?"? How many casual GNR fans have a GNR album with Gilby playing on it?? I mean, sure he was on "The Spaghetti Incident?", and he knows not a lot of people went for his solo records, so what the hell was he talking about?? hihi

he also said that they should be familiar with the type of music that they like and play...he never said anything about writing it...and he played that shit many times live...i dunno, so he fucked up give the guy a break Tongue

bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »

Brooke Burke looks fucking amazing on this show  love
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 10:06:52 PM »

SUCKERS OF SATANS COCK, EACH N' EVERYONE OF THEM.................. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry rant rant rant rant rant

FUCK REALITY T.V., N' FUCK MTV!!! rant rant rant

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2006, 05:03:28 AM »

Well tonight's show was pretty fuckin' lame.

Delana was the only good performance in my opinion, and shame on Supernova for inflating the egos of some really shitty singers.

Seriously, pretty much all the guys should just quit and join America's next top model or something...all the puppydog looks to the camera, and soft-rock ballads are just so un-rock it's funny hihi

I reckon the girls are kicking all the guys asses, they're all lame-emo college student types, the only half decent guys are Toby, Lukas and Magni. The girls have the strongest voices - Jill has a huge voice for such a small girl, same with Patrice and Storm.

The rest can fuck off Grin

I want a bad ass rocker to front this band and they're singing soppy ballads to try to impress... Huh

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2006, 08:06:23 AM »

I had a problem with Gilby saying "do you own any of our albums?"? How many casual GNR fans have a GNR album with Gilby playing on it?? I mean, sure he was on "The Spaghetti Incident?", and he knows not a lot of people went for his solo records, so what the hell was he talking about?? hihi

he also said that they should be familiar with the type of music that they like and play...he never said anything about writing it...and he played that shit many times live...i dunno, so he fucked up give the guy a break Tongue

also the web site chronicals his carreer pretty accurately Wink

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2006, 01:00:29 AM »

Well, tonight's performances once again really didn't do too much for me, save for Lukas and Delana's performances... Undecided

Alot of those singers should be fronting the next pop sensation, and not what will hopefully be a hard rock band...but I guess I should just stop watching the show expecting to see anyone blow one right out of the park, and just view it as "entertainment".. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »

That chick that sang Its My LIfe FUCKING SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Please get rid of her, I cringed and was so embarrassed watching her sing that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2006, 11:14:25 AM »

Dana has to go...and Zayra, and Ryan, and Jenny, and Josh

they should just boot those five and spend 5 weeks performing and training with the vocal coach in private lessons away from the group then start voting off again....I'm really disappointed with the talent on the show...

Lukas is the best by far IMO

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2006, 11:20:17 AM »

That chick that sang Its My LIfe FUCKING SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Please get rid of her, I cringed and was so embarrassed watching her sing that.

Oh man!!!

Watching that performance, I was like DAAAAAAAMN! even D would fuckin' hate this version... hihi

Sure Bon Jovi is pretty tame for Rock n' Roll, but that was just too damn funny.. hihi

The dude who did White Rabbit was pretty damn shitty too...

I was mighty stoned at the time and was hoping for something great, but unfortunately it was not mean't to be.. Undecided

But the worst hands down was the dude who covered Come As You Are...

Holy shit Kurt would be rolling around in his grave if he could have seen that kid playin' his song.. rofl

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2006, 11:24:23 AM »

^ Josh....he sings out of his nose...he sucks but they tell him he's great.

Dana is the chick that did BonJovi....she really missed the boat on singing in key last night...

those two made Zayra look like a great singer hihi

funny part was on monday Josh said he wanted to do Come As You Are so he could rock out....yeah he did that alright Roll Eyes

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2006, 11:44:35 AM »

It wasn't just his voice that annoyed me...it was him smiling like he just lost his virginity through a Nirvana song.. hihi

He tried to almost growl or something to a few verses of the song, which just made it sound even more so like kereoke.. Undecided

Zayra has been a good performer the last two weeks in my eyes, whereas the judges haven't liked her..but last night, her REM song was BRUUUUTAL...even more so then the original... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »

Zayra has been a good performer the last two weeks in my eyes, whereas the judges haven't liked her..but last night, her REM song was BRUUUUTAL...even more so then the original... hihi

she sounds like Bjork...i mean her voice isn't bad...but just not right for these guys

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2006, 11:50:55 AM »

she sounds like Bjork...i mean her voice isn't bad...but just not right for these guys

I know, I know dude... hihi

But you cant tell me last week when she was doin' the Kink's "You Really Got Me"...you didn't wish that she really had you... drool

I think I know officially have a thing for Puerto Rican girls.. Grin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:52:38 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: