Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  U.S Tour
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S Tour  (Read 14236 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 07:24:42 PM »

The whole point of the US tour is to promote CD, or so I hope. If Axl's going to continue playing the same fuck ass setlist he should just hire the old band back to boost ticket sales.

To his credit a lot of the shows have quite a few new or newish songs in them. we haven't done that badly

we need the album tho

i beg to differ because chinese democracy/the blues/madagascar we have heard already a million times over and then some. hell we already heard these in 2002 and even before that. so these three arent really new anymore. the only technically new songs we have heard here in 2006 is IRS/better/TWAT which when you think about it is hardly any new songs at all. we still mostly appetite rehash with illusions rehash but like others have said we deserve better we should get better from axl with the new songs!? ? ?

fair point I think my expectations have been lowered from being a fan for this long..one forgets how long has really passed

Here today...ready to rock
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2006, 07:34:04 PM »

The whole point of the US tour is to promote CD, or so I hope. If Axl's going to continue playing the same fuck ass setlist he should just hire the old band back to boost ticket sales.

To his credit a lot of the shows have quite a few new or newish songs in them. we haven't done that badly

we need the album tho

i beg to differ because chinese democracy/the blues/madagascar we have heard already a million times over and then some. hell we already heard these in 2002 and even before that. so these three arent really new anymore. the only technically new songs we have heard here in 2006 is IRS/better/TWAT which when you think about it is hardly any new songs at all. we still mostly appetite rehash with illusions rehash but like others have said we deserve better we should get better from axl with the new songs!? ? ?

fair point I think my expectations have been lowered from being a fan for this long..one forgets how long has really passed
i respect you. even though they are lowered it's time they become elevated because mine still are to hear the hundreds and hundreds of new songs new gnr have recorded since 1999 at these live shows here on this international tour. i have elevated expectations for it. everyone should. every europe gnr fan should too. so should the finland gnr fans too. im disappointed they didnt. its disappointing. maybe the californian gnr fans will turn it around in september. maybe. i want axl to let loose his new song catalog which features hundreds of new songs. it's only fair. it is what should be done.
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2006, 08:25:47 PM »

Those Californian dates you are talking about, that's a festival, right? And at a festival there are both die-hards and regulars. If Axl has not released CD by that time, I highly doubt that the regular fans will demand new songs. Some of them have probably not even heard the new songs, and just went to hear the classics. So I think your 80% is way off...

And why are fans from California so much better and more passionate then fans from Europe or the rest of USA? Is there a special reason why they would be more mad then anyone else?? Huh
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2006, 08:45:25 PM »

Those Californian dates you are talking about, that's a festival, right? And at a festival there are both die-hards and regulars. If Axl has not released CD by that time, I highly doubt that the regular fans will demand new songs. Some of them have probably not even heard the new songs, and just went to hear the classics. So I think your 80% is way off...

And why are fans from California so much better and more passionate then fans from Europe or the rest of USA? Is there a special reason why they would be more mad then anyone else?? Huh

yes but still gnr performs there. which makes it in my eyes a gnr show. festival or not. that is true but for the gnr concert of it there should only be the gnr fans who want the new songs from the new gnr song catalog which currently features 100 plus new songs. i dont buy that. anyone who sees a gnr show knows the songs. i know most of the fans seeing gnr there will be gnr fans. 80 percent of them will be gnr fans and the other 20 percent will be non gnr fans which makes me right on point. im saying the california gnr fans are more passionate than europe fans only because lets say todays show was in california with the same setlist done in finland done in california. i know for a fact the californian gnr fans would not let axl get away with this pulling the same old stunt making the same mistake twice with setlist. because if axl tried to then the california fans would boo him off the stage. then hell would break loose. it would because this is the passion california gnr fans have to hear the new songs which europe gnr fans dont have. as for USA fans. the american gnr fans the other american gnr fans have the same passion as californian gnr fans and the other american gnr fans will travel to california hoping to hear the entire new cd and not have axl rehash yet again. but if axl does it then the other american gnr fans will help the california gnr fans with booing and all which comes with it because they have passion to want more to expect more.     
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2006, 09:25:03 PM »

i know for a fact the californian gnr fans would not let axl get away with this pulling the same old stunt making the same mistake twice with setlist. because if axl tried to then the california fans would boo him off the stage. then hell would break loose. it would because this is the passion california gnr fans have to hear the new songs which europe gnr fans dont have.

How can you know that for a fact? Has it ever happened before? And how do you know what every california fan wants? Has there been a meeting where you all said "let's riot if Axl does not play new songs"? Or are you just speaking your own mind? Cause if you don't know what others believe, maybe you should stop using the term "california gnr fans", it gets kinda annoying... Undecided

Yes, you mentioned the "passion" numerous times before, but I asked you where that passion came from. Why are fans from California better than fans from for example Finland? Does it even have to be a difference?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »

I went to NY opening night at the Hammerstein. I was hoping to hear the leaks and whatever Axl was saving for the first single. As setlists have gone for this tour I was lucky that I got to hear TWAT, Better, I.R.S., The Blues, Madagascar, and CD. I doubt I heard the first single, and I was less than impressed with Bumblefoot, but overall it was a great ?show. After seeing them in Tacoma in 2002 and NY in 2006, I will not be seeing them again until the CD comes out and I see that they are playing a CD heavy setlist. If Axl is going to continue to play Appetite and five or six new songs he won't be getting anymore of my money, and to be honest, he should just reunite the old band and get one last big pay day.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:39:37 AM by Mattattack » Logged
thegreg1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »

i know for a fact the californian gnr fans would not let axl get away with this pulling the same old stunt making the same mistake twice with setlist. because if axl tried to then the california fans would boo him off the stage. then hell would break loose. it would because this is the passion california gnr fans have to hear the new songs which europe gnr fans dont have.

How can you know that for a fact? Has it ever happened before? And how do you know what every california fan wants? Has there been a meeting where you all said "let's riot if Axl does not play new songs"? Or are you just speaking your own mind? Cause if you don't know what others believe, maybe you should stop using the term "california gnr fans", it gets kinda annoying... Undecided

Yes, you mentioned the "passion" numerous times before, but I asked you where that passion came from. Why are fans from California better than fans from for example Finland? Does it even have to be a difference?

Being from Detroit I end up arguing that all the time. I know people that will go to a show and have the nerve to be like "Hmmm... I expected a better show for DETROIT" like the band should work extra hard for us or something.

I know that this tour (CD or not) will be received differently in every single market. I don't see the release of the CD mattering much to actual ticket sales. I think the album will do really well based soley on the long wait and general curiosity. I think the tour will do well ONLY if there is good word of mouth and good press.

We already know the press will suck, it'll depend mostly on word of mouth.

Having said all of that, I am hoping that they're holding off on any official news because they're going to announce everything at once. That's the best move in my opinion.

"Trying to watch Mr. Belvedere over here!" Stewie Griffin
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »

I went to NY opening night at the Hammerstein. I was hoping to hear the leaks and whatever Axl was saving for the first single. As setlists have gone for this tour I was lucky that I got to hear TWAT, Better, I.R.S., The Blues, Madagascar, and CD. I doubt I heard the first single, and I was less than impressed with Bumblefoot, but overall it was a great ?show. After seeing them in Tacoma in 2002 and NY in 2006, I will not be seeing them again until the CD comes out and I see that they are playing a CD heavy setlist. If Axl is going to continue to play Appetite and five or six new songs he won't be getting anymore of my money, and to be hionest, he should just reunite the old band and get one last big pay day.
Exactly. Well said my friend  beer
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2006, 09:42:45 PM »

yes it has. i know what ever california gnr fan wants because it is what every american gnr fan wants a cd dominated setlist! anything less would be unnaceptable here in america to us. There's been no such meeting but it is what will happen if axl doesn't give the people want they want in california. I think I should continue to say it because it is a proper gnr fan label if you live in california as a gnr fan. fans in california are better than fans in finland because in finland the fans cheer if the oldies is played. but the california fans will boo if the oldies is played because california gnr fans dont want the oldies anymore. they dont want the oldies anymore because they have more passion not to want to hear them oldies anymore which shows they have more passions as gnr fans than finland gnr fans.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

Being from Detroit I end up arguing that all the time. I know people that will go to a show and have the nerve to be like "Hmmm... I expected a better show for DETROIT" like the band should work extra hard for us or something.

I know that this tour (CD or not) will be received differently in every single market. I don't see the release of the CD mattering much to actual ticket sales. I think the album will do really well based soley on the long wait and general curiosity. I think the tour will do well ONLY if there is good word of mouth and good press.

We already know the press will suck, it'll depend mostly on word of mouth.

Having said all of that, I am hoping that they're holding off on any official news because they're going to announce everything at once. That's the best move in my opinion.
i think if there is a USA tour with the cd not out then i feel the USA tour will fail!
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2006, 01:43:52 AM »

If Axl pulls this shit with touring again in the US without an album he deserves whatever he has coming to him.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2006, 10:22:43 AM »

I think people should just stop complaining about the setlist(s) and be surprised and overjoyed if Axl decides to re-vamp it at their show in the forthcoming future.

I came all the way from Canada to see Gn'R at the opening show in New York, and really wasn't expecting to hear more than 6 new songs, and I was more than pleased and ecstatic with the 6 I ended up hearing...

& in the Fall I'll probably come all the way from Canada to California to see Gn'R, changed setlist or not...

People spend to much time worrying about songs, and not enough being thankful they actually saw Axl/Gn'R... Undecided

Like in 2002 when I couldn't see them, and I would come on here and listen to people whine about Robin's clothes or Axl's voice, it was like fuck you assholes, mail me you're ticket then, Id be delighted to go.. hihi

In all honesty though, these could be some of the last concerts Axl may ever take the stage for...

Just go and be amazed, not hyper-critical... Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2006, 10:55:42 AM »

Garry, Garry, Garry, Don't worry about the old music or should I say CLASSICS!! cause those songs are bad to the assbone my son, seeing them many times in person is not like YOUTUBING IT! The day of the new material will be here before you know it, get your drivers lic. so you can see those upcoming shows live hihi
                                             ok ok peace

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2006, 10:59:39 AM »

i think a lot of cities/states/countries worldwide feel that they are the most hardcore fans. ?I know Londoners and british fans in general take a lot of pride in their live gig reactions and when a band says they love that city, the fans respond accordingly. ?I dont see why the californian fans as a whole would or could take such a stance as to not accept a Guns gig with the current set list?Huh I dont think europeans are just happy to see GnR as has been mentioned regardless. ?Not every GnR fan follows these boards and the bands movements as much as we do. ?I think anyone who buys a Guns ticket knows they are in for a show and half and no doubt are well up for hearing some of the tracks that introduced them to GnR ?or stood out to them when they were younger fans. ?

Right now, Axl is introducing a new line-up to countries that havent seen them for years, and there have been a number of fans on this board who havent enjoyed it that much (not many granted) - there's nothing wrong with saying that. ?It doesnt mean the Gnr machine will stop turning - there are still plenty of people who are loving every minute of it. ?I cant imagine younger US fans who never saw Guns before not wanting to hear ISE, OTGM, Brownstone etc - or anywhere worldwide really.

I LOVE the fact that i have had more opportunities this year to see Guns than ever before - sure it would be great if the album was out, but we are hearing new songs so that fkn makes my day to be honest. ?one step at a time - this time last year, there was fk all going on apart from Axl's bald rumours!
They'll do it their way - same as ever. ? ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2006, 12:25:43 PM »

A friend of mine who works for Palace Sports and Entertainment called me this morning to say that GNR has blocked (reserved) November 17 & 18, 2006 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. This info should be pretty strong and legit as he was the one who told me they would be playing on November 21, 2002 at that same venue. He gave me that info around the same time as I'm getting this.

Although it's essentially hearsay and rumor at this point I thought I'd at least pass it along since the source is very reliable!

This makes me VERY happy.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2006, 12:28:25 PM »

A friend of mine who works for Palace Sports and Entertainment called me this morning to say that GNR has blocked (reserved) November 17 & 18, 2006 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. This info should be pretty strong and legit as he was the one who told me they would be playing on November 21, 2002 at that same venue. He gave me that info around the same time as I'm getting this.

Although it's essentially hearsay and rumor at this point I thought I'd at least pass it along since the source is very reliable!

did this friend also tell you the cd and the first single will be dropped before november 17?  Huh because if it wont be by that time before then, then the detroit gnr fans will not be too happy about it  rant
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »

If Axl pulls this shit with touring again in the US without an album he deserves whatever he has coming to him.
exactly axl will get whatever he gets coming to him if still no cd or single dropped before any future gnr show in the USA
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2006, 12:34:06 PM »

i think a lot of cities/states/countries worldwide feel that they are the most hardcore fans. ?I know Londoners and british fans in general take a lot of pride in their live gig reactions and when a band says they love that city, the fans respond accordingly. ?I dont see why the californian fans as a whole would or could take such a stance as to not accept a Guns gig with the current set list?Huh I dont think europeans are just happy to see GnR as has been mentioned regardless. ?Not every GnR fan follows these boards and the bands movements as much as we do. ?I think anyone who buys a Guns ticket knows they are in for a show and half and no doubt are well up for hearing some of the tracks that introduced them to GnR ?or stood out to them when they were younger fans. ?

Right now, Axl is introducing a new line-up to countries that havent seen them for years, and there have been a number of fans on this board who havent enjoyed it that much (not many granted) - there's nothing wrong with saying that. ?It doesnt mean the Gnr machine will stop turning - there are still plenty of people who are loving every minute of it. ?I cant imagine younger US fans who never saw Guns before not wanting to hear ISE, OTGM, Brownstone etc - or anywhere worldwide really.

I LOVE the fact that i have had more opportunities this year to see Guns than ever before - sure it would be great if the album was out, but we are hearing new songs so that fkn makes my day to be honest. ?one step at a time - this time last year, there was fk all going on apart from Axl's bald rumours!
They'll do it their way - same as ever. ? ok
the californian gnr fans would not accept it in the general sense because they want the cd out they want the single out this is what they want and what they want before their live show happens. this is the difference between california and finland because finland gnr fans could care less about cd coming out or the single coming out before their live show. the show they just had in finland proves it. at every europe show everyone is happy go lucky to see gnr but im telling you this will not be the case in america. because if it is the same again in america like in 2002 in america then as said guns n roses will be over in america  rant but every young gnr fan in america will want to only hear the new songs because this is what guns n roses is supposed to be about today the new songs and not the old songs 20 years ago  rant
madagas
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2006, 12:37:54 PM »

We get your point-no need to repeat yourself 200 times. Wink
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2006, 12:42:04 PM »

did this friend also tell you the cd and the first single will be dropped before november 17?? Huh because if it wont be by that time before then, then the detroit gnr fans will not be too happy about it? rant

No. He made no mention of the release date as he doesn't work in the music industry. He was simply letting me know what days GNR reserved.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: