Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:08:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  U.S Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S Tour  (Read 12998 times)
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 04:50:47 PM »

Instead of everyone speculating what Californians want, a Californian will tell you what he (and everyone else wants)

WE WANT NEW SONGS!!!!? No one wants to drive out to the middle of nowhere and pay a lot of money just to hear songs they can easily hear on the car trip over to Devore.? And everyone always talk about how Axl hasn't done anything in 15 years.? Axl has a golden opportunity to shut all the haters up in the nations second largest market.? Oh, and this is for Merck, Axl and Beta.

WE WANT NEW SONGS!? And the album!
Technically..you could hear 99% of every band's songs on the trip to Devore.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »

Instead of everyone speculating what Californians want, a Californian will tell you what he (and everyone else wants)

WE WANT NEW SONGS!!!!? No one wants to drive out to the middle of nowhere and pay a lot of money just to hear songs they can easily hear on the car trip over to Devore.? And everyone always talk about how Axl hasn't done anything in 15 years.? Axl has a golden opportunity to shut all the haters up in the nations second largest market.? Oh, and this is for Merck, Axl and Beta.

Exactly! Thank you Garry for proving my point on what californian gnr fans want since you are a heart and soul bonified californian gnr fan with passion! So, Axl, are you listening? Because I am!
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »

Yawn,....if a california show was so important, explain 4 nights in NYC?Huh This tour in Europe isn't being labeled as "The Chinese Democracy World Tour", that's a pretty simple reason why the setlist is what it is.? I am also pretty certain that the LA show (a "festival" show), will contain almost the same set list.? I'm also fairly confident that most california fans will have a great time, and won't really care how many new songs are played.? IF a new album was out and a full blown tour was underway, things might be different.
the four shows in new york city were "warm up" shows where the same setlist from 2002 was expected. but others have called this international tour the chinese democracy world tour. people have called it this who live in international places all around the world outside of america. yet appetite/illusions still dominates chinese democracy/the blues/madagascar/IRS/better/TWAT played live. the europe fans are getting short changed. they are getting the shaft. i feel all california gnr fans will get the same shaft too  no it's not fair. it's time for axl to stop his insecurity, stop holding back, and let "chinese democracy" loose starting on september 23rd! but when it comes to being different it should be different with the full blown tour already under way with this international tour as being the full blown tour.   
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 04:58:22 PM »

technically you can hear the old gnr songs in your car on your way to california which means they should no longer be played live anymore since you can hear them over and over in your cd player and download previous live shows of these same songs over and over off the internet along with bootleg cds technically 
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »

Well then I enjoy getting shafted. The  show on the 7/6 in Hammermith was the best concert I've ever seen, even though I knew most of the songs backwards and inside out. It's the experience you go to a concert for, the mood and the show- not the songs themselves.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »

Well then I enjoy getting shafted. The? show on the 7/6 in Hammermith was the best concert I've ever seen, even though I knew most of the songs backwards and inside out. It's the experience you go to a concert for, the mood and the show- not the songs themselves.
then you enjoy it but to me what would be more enjoyable live would be hearing alot of songs i have not heard yet rather than hear songs ive heard a million times before in my room on my cd player. do you see the difference? the point? because the new york city shows were supposed to be warm up shows for the big full blown chinese democracy world tour in international waters. but axl changed his mind and went back to the way of the 2002 tour for this one. i know there are many europe fans who will be back me up on this who will have my back on the point. many europe fans must be disappointed by what they is getting every night despite the fact generally europe gnr fans cheer for anything gnr. i disgaree for the experience because if songs like "sweet child on mine" "knocking on heavens door" and "patience" were to be on the "chinese democracy" cd i would say i see gnr for the experience like you but this is not the case so in my eyes it is not for the experience anymore because it is for the change which axl is still afraid to make  no
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »

technically you can hear the old gnr songs in your car on your way to california which means they should no longer be played live anymore since you can hear them over and over in your cd player and download previous live shows of these same songs over and over off the internet along with bootleg cds technically?
I went to the last Paul Mccartney show...knew all the verses to every song. Heard them all before on the three cds he has of his live shows. I enjoyed myself alot. It was an event. I didnt cry over the fact he had a cover band behind him. Now maybe you are one of the special few that have seen AXL MUTHERFUCKIN ROSE in concert since I saw him 13 years ago. I havent. If you are so jaded at this to let it bother you then I suggest you dont go.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »

technically you can hear the old gnr songs in your car on your way to california which means they should no longer be played live anymore since you can hear them over and over in your cd player and download previous live shows of these same songs over and over off the internet along with bootleg cds technically?
I went to the last Paul Mccartney show...knew all the verses to every song. Heard them all before on the three cds he has of his live shows. I enjoyed myself alot. It was an event. I didnt cry over the fact he had a cover band behind him. Now maybe you are one of the special few that have seen AXL MUTHERFUCKIN ROSE in concert since I saw him 13 years ago. I havent. If you are so jaded at this to let it bother you then I suggest you dont go.
The difference between paul mccartney doing his oldies and axl doing his oldies is paul mccartney never stopped making new albums. he never disappeared for years like axl did. which means it doesnt matter if mccartney plays more old than new because he always stayed constant putting out new cd after new cd on a constant basis. but such is not the case for axl rose with guns n roses or with the new guns n roses. so, that means the new songs are expected to be played more and often more than the oldies because i have not waited years to hear appetite/illusions again for the millionith time because i have waited these years to hear all the new songs. this is the attitude every europe gnr fan should have the attitude they should let axl know about it and feel at every show left on this tour.?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:31:29 PM by theillusion » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 05:52:08 PM »

Now how do you know how all Calfiornia fans are going to react?? I sure as hell won't react that way, and I saw them in New York.
i know because california gnr fans want so much and expect so much from gnr since its new members and since axl said cd come out in the fall. they will expect the cd to come out before their show. they will then expect all new songs to be played at their show. i know if neither of this happens most of them will be unhappy most unhappy to the point where a riot cound ensue. if you wont react that way then you dont have the same passion as the passion the california gnr fans have because their passions expects big things from guns n roses at their show with big changes. they wont accept anything less.?

You're out of your mind, at least 60% of the crowd will be fans of the old band with chicks content with hearing the old material. 40% or LESS of the crowd will be demanding new material. I mean do you honestly think 40% of the crowd will be singing along to the new material??? Trust me, Axl can do the same setlist until he tours the world once and the fans won't be upset. As soon as he drops C.D and the general public starts to like the new album, then people will be upset with the lack of new material. Don't fool yourself into thinking that over 40% of the people at these gnr shows know as much about the band as you do and are dying to hear the new tracks like you are.......some are content with the classics.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:53:51 PM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 06:07:21 PM »

Garry,

I am with you guys on wanting new songs, hell I'd take a show with 12 new songs and 4 old ones. However, I am just stating that at this point only 25%-40% of the fans that are going to these shows are like that. So, Axl can still get away with the setlist consisting of a lot of older material. I agree completely he needs to start playing more new songs ASAP and I think the band would like that better too.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »

Now how do you know how all Calfiornia fans are going to react?? I sure as hell won't react that way, and I saw them in New York.
i know because california gnr fans want so much and expect so much from gnr since its new members and since axl said cd come out in the fall. they will expect the cd to come out before their show. they will then expect all new songs to be played at their show. i know if neither of this happens most of them will be unhappy most unhappy to the point where a riot cound ensue. if you wont react that way then you dont have the same passion as the passion the california gnr fans have because their passions expects big things from guns n roses at their show with big changes. they wont accept anything less.?

You're out of your mind, at least 60% of the crowd will be fans of the old band with chicks content with hearing the old material. 40% or LESS of the crowd will be demanding new material. I mean do you honestly think 40% of the crowd will be singing along to the new material??? Trust me, Axl can do the same setlist until he tours the world once and the fans won't be upset. As soon as he drops C.D and the general public starts to like the new album, then people will be upset with the lack of new material. Don't fool yourself into thinking that over 40% of the people at these gnr shows know as much about the band as you do and are dying to hear the new tracks like you are.......some are content with the classics.
no, im of sound mind because gnr fans the passionate fans are not chicks they are guys like me who want new material more than old material. to be fair I say 80% or higher of the same crowd will be demanding new material especially in the united states especially at the california show coming up. if you think they won't be then you are out of your own mind. that is what he is already doing the same old list here on this all over the world world tour which was suppose to be full blown chinese democracy world tour. but becuase of axls insecuritys it is not. the cd has not been dropped yet. it looks like it wont be dropped before september 23rd which will leave many californian gnr fans very upset and angry for thier show. it is not about the general public liking it it is about the gnr fans liking it and wanting to hear it! im not fooling myself because most fans in the world know about gnr all they have to do is get a computer and go on the internet to know. its easy. you're fooling yourself if you dont think this is the case. i know more gnr fans young and old are content to hear new classics rather than the old classics. ? ?
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2006, 06:13:54 PM »

Garry,

I am with you guys on wanting new songs, hell I'd take a show with 12 new songs and 4 old ones. However, I am just stating that at this point only 25%-40% of the fans that are going to these shows are like that. So, Axl can still get away with the setlist consisting of a lot of older material. I agree completely he needs to start playing more new songs ASAP and I think the band would like that better too.
after disappearing for years axl shouldnt be allowed to get away with anything not anymore and certainly not with the setlist
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2006, 06:14:51 PM »

Garry,

The band may be in a way offended that they always have to play the songs other people wrote while their (brilliant?) compositions are often neglected.? The people who followed GN'R back in the day have totally forgotten about the band, and most discredit Axl and his efforts.? When regular people think of Guns N' Roses, it's always, "Oh, I've heard Welcome To The Jungle during a basketball game."? That's it.? Why not capitalize on such a big opportunity and completely turn over a whole generation of kids into fans, and I'm sure they will check out the old catalogue as well.? And love it.? We just had a Poison/Cinderella show here, I don't want these kids saying Axl is a washed up 80's hair metal singer. (WE know he isn't like that, but Axl has to convince the public AGAIN, as a reminder of how great he is.)
the new band is offended. it's why tommy told axl a big "f$ck you"
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2006, 06:35:24 PM »

Your prediction that 80% of a 12,000 seat arena would be demanding a setlist with 8-12 new songs is way off......

Now, if they were throwing a concert where there was a pre-sale again and most hardcore fans got tickets, and it was a small venue, I'd say your 80% stat would be accurate.

Guns N Roses still can get great turnouts, even if they had it on the tickets "we will not play one Chinese Democracy song"... they'd still sell decent in the United States. But, i am with you guys, I want the crowd coming because they want to hear the new material, your point is well taken.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2006, 06:52:31 PM »

Well, this debate is going to waste anyway because Chinese Democracy will be out by the time they play in Devore, and Axl will play the new songs.? Classics will be thrown in, it will be a 50-50 show.? MAYBE a 60-40.? There are more classics than CD songs.....

you hope

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2006, 07:09:24 PM »

We all hope so...

I think people are praying rather than hoping they've waited so long!

I really hope they hype the launch

theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006, 07:12:49 PM »

Your prediction that 80% of a 12,000 seat arena would be demanding a setlist with 8-12 new songs is way off......

Now, if they were throwing a concert where there was a pre-sale again and most hardcore fans got tickets, and it was a small venue, I'd say your 80% stat would be accurate.

Guns N Roses still can get great turnouts, even if they had it on the tickets "we will not play one Chinese Democracy song"... they'd still sell decent in the United States. But, i am with you guys, I want the crowd coming because they want to hear the new material, your point is well taken.
tommy stinson told axl a very big "f$ck you" for this very reason. tommy said this to axl because he didnt want to go through another round of what he is currently going through which he went through again in finland today! but i think they have more than 12 new songs because new gnr has been recording together since 1999 right? which means there has to be at least 100 or more new songs they have recorded which they can play at this point at live shows. they must have recorded hundreds and hundreds of new songs together. becuase if you are telling me a band cant record hundreds of songs in a 7 year span then you are like the gnr song "crazy" i believe they have done this many songs. so, they have more new than old songs to do live. these songs is in high demand. i demand them. i know others many others do too. but it is about axl holding back being insecure. ?not letting go of the past. keeping the past alive as he kept the past alive again in finland. but i feel in my guts the american gnr fans will not buy a ticket if it is the oldies again. i know they wont. because the american gnr fans have too much passion to.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:14:32 PM by theillusion » Logged
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2006, 07:13:52 PM »

The whole point of the US tour is to promote CD, or so I hope. If Axl's going to continue playing the same fuck ass setlist he should just hire the old band back to boost ticket sales.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

The whole point of the US tour is to promote CD, or so I hope. If Axl's going to continue playing the same fuck ass setlist he should just hire the old band back to boost ticket sales.

To his credit a lot of the shows have quite a few new or newish songs in them. we haven't done that badly

we need the album tho

theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »

To his credit a lot of the shows have quite a few new or newish songs in them. we haven't done that badly

we need the album tho

i beg to differ because chinese democracy/the blues/madagascar we have heard already a million times over and then some. hell we already heard these in 2002 and even before that. so these three arent really new anymore. the only technically new songs we have heard here in 2006 is IRS/better/TWAT which when you think about it is hardly any new songs at all. we still mostly appetite rehash with illusions rehash but like others have said we deserve better we should get better from axl with the new songs!     
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: