Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  U.S Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S Tour  (Read 13010 times)
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 02:33:36 PM »

the U.S. tour will probably start in october, shortly after a single is released, with the album being released sometime in november.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »

the U.S. tour will probably start in october, shortly after a single is released, with the album being released sometime in november.
so the LA date on the 23rd wont count as part of that tour?  Huh the LA fans will want the entire chinese democracy cd played instead of getting played what was 4 years ago and what is playing at these shows. if the LA gnr fans dont get that they will not like it and they will show you and guns n roses how they feel about it.
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »

I believe the tour will start in September.

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »

the LA fans will want the entire chinese democracy cd played instead of getting played what was 4 years ago and what is playing at these shows. if the LA gnr fans dont get that they will not like it and they will show you and guns n roses how they feel about it.

There are gonna be plenty of other bands at this event.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »

the LA fans will want the entire chinese democracy cd played instead of getting played what was 4 years ago and what is playing at these shows. if the LA gnr fans dont get that they will not like it and they will show you and guns n roses how they feel about it.

There are gonna be plenty of other bands at this event.
what does that have to do with anything?  Huh if axl plays the oldies for the LA fans in september with no cd out then all hell will break loose in Los Angeles  rant
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 04:05:41 PM »

Goo thing the show technically is not in Los Angeles 
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 04:08:14 PM »

Goo thing the show technically is not in Los Angeles?
technically the show is in the UNITED STATES in california and all hell will break loose in california if axl still only plays the oldies with no cd out of all new songs
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 04:10:41 PM »

No it won't.  Stop overreacting.  Shows have been going well in Europe, and they went well in  New york.  I am sure that everything will be fine.  It would be great if a single or the album is out but the Sept 23 date, but if not oh well.  No why would California be so upset?
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

No it won't.? Stop overreacting.? Shows have been going well in Europe, and they went well in? New york.? I am sure that everything will be fine.? It would be great if a single or the album is out but the Sept 23 date, but if not oh well.? No why would California be so upset?
the shows have been going well in europe because european fans are different from american gnr fans. what i mean is european fans will cheer gnr no matter what because of the fact they are just seeing gnr live. but american gnr fans are different from that because they want more. they expect. their expectations and standards are higher here for gnr than what they are in europe right now. that's a fact. everyone says axl made the mistake of performing a tour 2002 with no cd. technically axl has already made that mistake twice by doing his next tour from that here in international country with no cd. it looks like on the california date he will make the same mistake for the third time with no cd. in california alot of the core gnr fans come from there who live there who travel there. california represents a huge part of the gnr fan base. the californian gnr fans expect the full "chinese democracy" cd to be played over the oldies. if they dont get it then i can assure you there will be a riot because axl will incite a riot  rant       
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »

You know Axl's goal with this tour could have been the same goal as in 2002, go on tour to get the band some exposure and preview 4-6 new songs a night while playing most the classics that peopel in the audience will want to sing along with. Sure, Axl did this in 02, but for only around 10 shows..... I don't blame Axl for the setlist right now, I can see why he is doing it. But, if he gets back to New York and just keeps the same setlist up.... I'll be dissapointed. Even if Axl plays the setlist in L.A on Sep 23rd, well L.A never got it in 02, so maybe Axl feels they deserve a set with the classics because this will be the last tour where the setlist as that heavy with old material.

I think Axl, Merck and Co. have a plan. ok
madagas
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 04:21:41 PM »

I am sure they had a plan in 02 as well. ok Plans are meaningless unless executed. Grin
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

You know Axl's goal with this tour could have been the same goal as in 2002, go on tour to get the band some exposure and preview 4-6 new songs a night while playing most the classics that peopel in the audience will want to sing along with. Sure, Axl did this in 02, but for only around 10 shows..... I don't blame Axl for the setlist right now, I can see why he is doing it. But, if he gets back to New York and just keeps the same setlist up.... I'll be dissapointed. Even if Axl plays the setlist in L.A on Sep 23rd, well L.A never got it in 02, so maybe Axl feels they deserve a set with the classics because this will be the last tour where the setlist as that heavy with old material.

I think Axl, Merck and Co. have a plan. ok
i disgaree because i dont see a plan. what i see is axls insecurity to hold back the cd being played live for europe and for the united states including new york and soon also california. i see insecurity. im listening right now to a show which recently happened on this europe tour and im pretty bored with it because im hearing mostly the old songs. i know the people of california will be tired of it too and be tired of it immediately. because the people of california dont care about 2002 in what they didnt get because all they have to do is listen to appetite/illusions studios cds to get what they didnt get and also download the blues/chinese democracy/madagascar off the internet to also get whay they didnt get. which means the people of california want what they really want is the new songs all of them from the cd. this is the only plan they want and it's the only plan they assume axl and merck to give them on the 23rd of september ? ?
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 04:23:14 PM »

So at download they just cheered because GNR was there.  I don't remember that happening.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 04:25:21 PM »

I am sure they had a plan in 02 as well. ok Plans are meaningless unless executed. Grin
the plan in 2002 was to "fish hook" the USA gnr fans with the oldies and it failed to execute because the 02 tour got executed! if axl makes the same mistake again on the california show then he will live to regret it because the show could turn into a riot because of the high expectations and the high emotional feelings the people of california have and feel about the same old stuff being performed right in front of their faces.   
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 04:27:21 PM »

So at download they just cheered because GNR was there.? I don't remember that happening.
yes many gnr fans there at download just cheered gnr because they were there live. when gnr performed jungle, easy, brownstone, and others like these they cheered. they cheered when patience was played and everything. europe gnr fans cheer because they are seeing guns n roses no matter what songs they play. american gnr fans is different you will see how different they are if axl does the same old thing for the california show for the california gnr fans. 
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 04:31:04 PM »

Now how do you know how all Calfiornia fans are going to react?  I sure as hell won't react that way, and I saw them in New York.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 04:32:58 PM »

Californians riot? If they arent rioting because of the smog problem and traffic and an Austrian Govenor, I doubt they will be rioting for a little ol GNR concert.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 04:37:49 PM »

Now how do you know how all Calfiornia fans are going to react?? I sure as hell won't react that way, and I saw them in New York.
i know because california gnr fans want so much and expect so much from gnr since its new members and since axl said cd come out in the fall. they will expect the cd to come out before their show. they will then expect all new songs to be played at their show. i know if neither of this happens most of them will be unhappy most unhappy to the point where a riot cound ensue. if you wont react that way then you dont have the same passion as the passion the california gnr fans have because their passions expects big things from guns n roses at their show with big changes. they wont accept anything less. 
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 04:40:31 PM »

Californians riot? If they arent rioting because of the smog problem and traffic and an Austrian Govenor, I doubt they will be rioting for a little ol GNR concert.
a little old gnr concert? how can you call it this? it will be more than a little concert because it will be the biggest one at to this point because its in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in CALIFORNIA where expectations and emotions will be sky high. it will make it the biggest concert ever because the californians will expect the cd dropped before and new songs all of them played at their show. if they dont get it axl and gnr will be first booed off the first stage followed by a riot. the californians will riot because they are not just any californians because they are californian guns n roses fans. 
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 04:48:27 PM »

Yawn,....if a california show was so important, explain 4 nights in NYC???  This tour in Europe isn't being labeled as "The Chinese Democracy World Tour", that's a pretty simple reason why the setlist is what it is.  I am also pretty certain that the LA show (a "festival" show), will contain almost the same set list.  I'm also fairly confident that most california fans will have a great time, and won't really care how many new songs are played.  IF a new album was out and a full blown tour was underway, things might be different.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: