Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 07:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The rumored tour DVD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The rumored tour DVD  (Read 22297 times)
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2006, 12:00:49 PM »

I work in the media, too, and if you're an adult and you're on public property (which standing outside the Hammerstein is public property), you DON'T NEED a release. Additionally, if a media rep or someone filming something identifies themselves and you start giving an interview, you DON'T NEED a release for that either, since it's assumed that you understand what you're doing.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »

I would  think it is rather impractical to ask every single person at a concert (or any public event) for  a release to use their image on a future transmission or publication.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2006, 04:43:22 PM »

I work in media, radio not TV although i have friends in TV....
I was at the 17th show and they filmed me, well, the filmed my Guns N Roses tattoos,? the thing is I never signed a release.

Usually when you are doing some type of recording you need to get release forms from everyone....or there has to be some posting in the arena/club regarding the filiming of the show....Ozzfest did this,? and the Real World and those type shows get release forms from passerby or the blur them out...

In Tokoyo they had posting that the show was being taped for release....I read this somewhere.....

anyway, did anyone get a release form???

if you could, could you send me a pm with pictures of your gnr tattoos ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »

well, the filmed my Guns N Roses tattoos,  the thing is I never signed a release.

In your case, I don't think they would have to get you to sign a "release" form if they only filmed your tattoos and not your face.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2006, 09:00:23 PM »

i work in media in the uk, and a release form is NOT needed when filming, for example; crowds at a concert. A release form is only needed(if it wasn't stated before entry that filming would be taking place in said venue) If a camera man or production company conducts a interview without prior notification. A release form is only applicable if the subject speaks to the camera or interviewer, and is dependant on the venue or council in which the 'filming' takes place.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2006, 09:06:50 PM »

Isn't it possible that the band filmed the shows not only to "study" their performances (and learn from them...I counted at least 3 times that one bandmember pulled another out of the way of the pyro, barely in time, it seemed), but also to gauge fan reaction to songs?

Don't get me wrong, I'd *love* a DVD of the Hammerstein shows...
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2006, 09:11:09 PM »

I went to all4 shows and was front and center every show. One of the fellows filming had me say into the camera that they had permission to use any footage I may end up in.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2006, 09:14:17 PM »

Actually, while they were doing the in-venue filming for practice for the Europe shows, the fan interviews & fan footage shot was for a streaming web news site.  Iamerica.com, I believe.  That was who the nice reporter lady (of whom a number of crass bastards in the line repeatedly demanded to display her chest - seriously, it got annoying) was working for. 

Does anyone remember "Eddie" from the 17th?  He was in the front group of the line outside the venue.  He signed a different kind of release all together...  yes
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2006, 11:21:35 PM »

Eddie's "release" certainly was different to say the least. The lady who did the interviewing has a website and it is" iamericamag.com. She hasn't put up anything from the GNR shows yet.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2006, 11:41:22 PM »

Ahhh, "Eddie"... that poor bastard.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2006, 09:28:15 AM »

i work in media in the uk, and a release form is NOT needed when filming, for example; crowds at a concert. A release form is only needed(if it wasn't stated before entry that filming would be taking place in said venue) If a camera man or production company conducts a interview without prior notification. A release form is only applicable if the subject speaks to the camera or interviewer, and is dependant on the venue or council in which the 'filming' takes place.

Thought so............i was at wembley in 91' when they filmed live and let die for the mtv music awards, and all the crowd never signed release forms. another example is the vid for paradise city, just look how many fans and venues appear in that vid. it would be impossible to get every fans consent whether written or verbal. although at wembley in 91' it was never stated that the crowd would be filmed until axl announced it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:30:35 AM by wadey9 » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2006, 01:13:01 PM »

yes all tickets gave the permission of recordings by the ticketholder you surrendered your rights when you entered the hemmerstein. read the small print on the back of ticketmaster tickets
tom
shaun
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »

I work in media, radio not TV although i have friends in TV....
I was at the 17th show and they filmed me, well, the filmed my Guns N Roses tattoos,  the thing is I never signed a release.

Usually when you are doing some type of recording you need to get release forms from everyone....or there has to be some posting in the arena/club regarding the filiming of the show....Ozzfest did this,  and the Real World and those type shows get release forms from passerby or the blur them out...

In Tokoyo they had posting that the show was being taped for release....I read this somewhere.....

anyway, did anyone get a release form???

Did you read the small print on your ticket. Normally all tickets contain info along the lines of, they may/maynot record the show and by entering the show you agree with all the terms and conditions (including being filmed).

Did you know: (i was told this other day) if you goto a Formula One race and take photo's (which you are permitted to do) you do not own the rights (to your own photo's). As strange as it sounds, while you are permitted to take photographs of Michael Schumaker and the cars you cannot sell the photo's on to make money. As to what the rules are in regards to giving the photo's away are, i have no idea.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:03:03 PM by D0badog » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2006, 10:51:57 AM »

ok, here's the detailed explanation.

I was among the first in line at the gate of the budapest arena.
the official cameraman of the band came out, he was on the inside part of the fence, me on the outside, and he asked me a few usual questions, (where u from, how long have you been waiting,...)...
and I asked him what is the recording for, he said for the DVD. I asked him if he could tell me when the DVD will be out and he said about end of the summer. I also told him that I hope Axl realizes that there's a whole bunch of people on the internet and that we cant wait to finally hear the album, and the cameraman said "yeah Axl realizes that"

later during the show, I noticed that he was the only one using a professional camera, and that the other 2 cameras(that I saw) were used for the big screen behind the band, and the guys opearating them didnt seem to be professionals. I guess that the recordings this guy takes (I have a picture of him somewhere, gonna upload it) on all 35 shows will be compiled into one DVD.
I also have a small clip of him/his camera display recording the band during the "madagascar" if anyone cares to analyze it.
The whole band had the same outfit as on previous shows

P.S. I'm sorry I didnt give updates/details during the show, but the 3 hours waiting kinda exhausted me, and I only wanted to live through the show.
the security/organization sucked, I got dehidrated during the first 3 hours, and I was in front of the arena since noon.
the security didnt care to pass any water to the people in the front lines, and I must say robin finck was the far best performer on stage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:56:09 AM by Lucky-Luciano » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2006, 11:08:06 AM »

I was at the top and I saw security giving water to people... But that was for the standing area - part2. I guess you were at part1. or only girls were getting some  Grin
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2006, 11:09:59 AM »

A DVD of the new band live would be great, but not if it bumps the album back even further. I really hope they plan on releasing the album in the fall and starting a U.S. tour to promote the album and that this tour/DVD is not another 'tide-me-over'.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2006, 11:12:05 AM »

Cool! I hope that CD comes out before this DVD though..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:40 AM »

Thanks for the clarification Lucky. ok

RichardNixon
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2006, 11:22:11 AM »

I hope they come out the same day.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2006, 11:36:35 AM »

I was at the top and I saw security giving water to people... But that was for the standing area - part2. I guess you were at part1. or only girls were getting some? Grin

I was in front of the stage. I got water, but only after I threw up infront of the stage...

I'm confident that the DVD IS another tide me over.
it might be released with the first single, to gather some more money. but if the DVD is actually released by the end of the summer, than it would be a guarantee that the album will be out by the end of the fall.

I'm confident that the guy I was talking to was telling the truth, but you never know when Axl might change his mind, or something unpredictable could derail the plans.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: