Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:17:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July, 5th - Helsinki. The update / fuckin' aye I'll be there thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July, 5th - Helsinki. The update / fuckin' aye I'll be there thread  (Read 24009 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« on: July 04, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »

Okay. So I'm drunk. A bit.

I'll see you guys there. I'll be the guy sporting a Appetite For Destruction shirt (as no one else prolly will). I'm going to bed now, but I'll propably be to busy arranging the rest of the trip to swing by here, so I'll just tell everyone to have a good show, and to have a great time, and what not.

I'll see you guys around here later on.

My phone's been acting up so I don't know if I'll be able to get a full updatelist fot yall guys. But I'll do my best to do so after the gig, if the thing hasn't been takein care of....

Good night for now.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »

anyone filming the show?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

I'll be posting updates tomorrow.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 07:40:24 PM »

anyone filming the show?

If filming means being  a bit drunk, then yes. Otherwise.. We'll have to wait and see.. But only a bit..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 12:40:06 AM »

anyone filming the show?

There are some people who are TRYING to film it.. and record it in audio too. Hope that someone gets his/her camera in yes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:52:05 AM »

my favorite city in the world! have so much fun I am very jealous ok
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 02:34:55 AM »

going to be there..I don't know much about the opening band but I think it there would have been better choises..isn't Melrose more of a rockabilly band?
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 02:39:31 AM »

going to be there..I don't know much about the opening band but I think it there would have been better choises..isn't Melrose more of a rockabilly band?

Not really a rockabilly, but classic rock yes. I think that they are way better than BFMV Wink I'm not going to see their set though.. hope I'll be in time for Gn'R Undecided When are they supposed to start? 22.00-23.00?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 02:50:42 AM »

Don't know.. The ticket says doors 'll open at 18:30 and the playing will start at 20:00. Don't know if it means the warmup or Guns.

Hoping for the warmup.

I'm a bit hung over. Had my little sister visiting me yesterday (actually coming to the concert today with me.. ) and we "got a little bit tipsy".

Hoping for Finlandia... Wonder if Brain will return to the flock (is that a word you use about a tightly gathered group of a certain specie, especially birds? Was going to use the word flock in determing the word itself... didn't though.) I don't think I'll be driving today.

axe
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 03:02:53 AM »

I'm a couple of km's from the arena, trying to learn some stupid computer program that was done probably around the same time than Appetite For Destruction. These systems could be updated sometimes, some new usable innovations have been made in the field lately - like a mouse to move the cursor! Anyway, time isn't exactly flying by at the moment, but I've been waiting for 15 years, maybe I can wait a few hours more.
The General
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 03:56:46 AM »

But when are GNR supposed to start? 21:00 ?  The start time does matter for a lot of fans Coming from other places in the country and wants to get home after the concert.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 04:01:55 AM »

But when are GNR supposed to start? 21:00 ?? The start time does matter for a lot of fans Coming from other places in the country and wants to get home after the concert.

I send an email about it to Welldone's promoter, but he hasn't replied yet. Anyway, I think that Gn'R is supposed to start between 21.30-22.30..

I'm pissed off 'cause I can't take my digital camera to the concert.. aaaahh.. I have a great seat for taking photos and my plans about how to get the camera inside are wasted rofl

Btw. How long is an average show on this tour?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:18:38 AM by kaasu » Logged

BEEP.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 04:54:17 AM »

anything from 1hr 50 ish  to 2 hr 45 min.  sounds like the support are on at 8 and GnR would most likely be scheduled for 9.30 - but more than likely it will be a bit later than that...!  enjoy!!!  ok
TheRealThing
Opening Act

Round Two!!

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 04:58:42 AM »

Probably around 23 IF Axl is on time.  ok And set is about 2-2,5 hours. The longer the better!  smoking
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 05:19:36 AM »

I'm pissed off 'cause I can't take my digital camera to the concert.. aaaahh.. I have a great seat for taking photos and my plans about how to get the camera inside are wasted rofl

You can't take a camera there? Not even leave it "there where you leave coats"? (don't know the word narikka in english)

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 05:30:39 AM »

You can't take a camera there? Not even leave it "there where you leave coats"? (don't know the word narikka in english)

Yeah I can take the camera, but I don't have a Compact Flash -card for it (I don't know where I lost it), so it's useless. But I think that you can leave cameras, recorders etc. to narikka if you get caught. But I woudn't want to wait for two hours after the show to get it back Cheesy

And hey, the promoter said that Melrose will hit the stage at 20.00 and Gn'R "21.00?? 22.00??" hihi

BEEP.
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 05:43:01 AM »

Yeah I can take the camera, but I don't have a Compact Flash -card for it (I don't know where I lost it), so it's useless. But I think that you can leave cameras, recorders etc. to narikka if you get caught. But I woudn't want to wait for two hours after the show to get it back Cheesy

And hey, the promoter said that Melrose will hit the stage at 20.00 and Gn'R "21.00?? 22.00??" hihi

NOT before 22:00 (VERY strong guess)  beer
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 09:13:55 AM »

For christ sake only like 6 hours left Shocked Wwhhoooohoooo I feel like jumpin' around!

Couple of hours ago there was ~40 people in line waitin for the doors to be open.. wonder how many there are now. Well I have no hurry 'cause I'm going to a seat anyway.. Is anyone going to send some updates from the show to be posted here? If not, I can try to do it hihi

BEEP.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »

I've got a few people who are supposed to send some kind of updates. If they manage to use a mobile phone with all that excitement....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 12:40:34 PM »

Important update!!!! ---> I'm going to be leaving for the show now Grin

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: