Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228118 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 58465 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »

i wish cd would be out by march... i cant wait any longer..

Fuck, I wish it came out tommorow.  yes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »

i wish cd would be out by march... i cant wait any longer..
People have been saying that for almost 13 years.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2006, 10:06:07 PM »

if anything else was to leak i would want to hear the demos of CD, maddy or the blues, nothing new.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2006, 10:09:37 PM »

if anything else was to leak i would want to hear the demos of CD, maddy or the blues, nothing new.
I would love for CD or The Blues to leak, but I would also want to hear one of the big guns. Well, maybe more than one big gun. hihi

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2006, 10:13:18 PM »

if anymore leak,i aint gonna download them.in the long run its spoiling it for myself.i dont care if i have to wait another year for the album as long as when it drops,i wouldnt know all the songs on it already.and dont bash me sayin "what if the album never comes out" coz its gonna come out sooner than you all think. ?peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2006, 10:33:31 PM »

if anymore leak,i aint gonna download them.
Cmon, Mr. Rose. You said that after the first song leaked, and when the next one happened, you sent me a PM for the new songs. Dont kid yourself. If a leak happened in five minutes, you would be listening to it in six minutes.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2006, 11:59:44 PM »

The leaks have to be from somebody at that strip club.  Didn't the leaks only happen a few days after that night? 

Do you think all these leaks might speed up the release process? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2006, 12:04:28 AM »

its all about mixing, that is when an album is closest to release, this is when all tracks get leaked. So be happy its coming out very soon.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2006, 12:07:41 AM »

hold on, what the helll?Huh did someone just say there were liner notes in somebody's possession?
i dont get it!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2006, 12:08:12 AM »

god i hope so. i don't really know how much longer i can take all this... the anticipation, the agony of anticipation, which the demos just make worse, because they're so fucking good. ?this chinese democracy thing is making me fucking crazy!!!!!!

*prays*

robots.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2006, 12:09:44 AM »

I think legally, it's a terrible idea to pay for them. Plus you're out of pocket.

Legally, its a terrible idea to download them too.

But, I am willing to bet top dollar that 99% of this board has dl'd them and listened to them. To some people $100.00 isn't a lot of money or to some people unreleased gnr tracks are worth $100.00.

peace

Downloading, where I live (not America) is legal. Industry got tossed out of court on that one.
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2006, 06:32:46 AM »

think about it.....the story as i can gather it is this: Axl plays the CD for some bum night club owner in NYC, he copies it, releases it on the internet. for this to happen, the night club owner would have to, at 5:30am, see Axl, let him him, get the play CD offer, set up a recording device all the while scheming to release it on the internet because he also happens to be a nut GnR fan. Play the CD, record it, play track 3 over and over as per Axl's request, splice together everything, release it minute by minute, even 30 seconds by 30 seconds, to us losers waiting breathlessly for anything from GnR. the nightclub owner does this for........what? no profit, no name recognition (do we know his name?), with only the on-the-spot decision to spoil Axl's grand scheme to promote CD. All of this happens just a couple days before Axl announces his first concerts since the utter debacle referenced, in part, by my username.....please.

these leaks are one of two things: the most ingenious promotional vehicle ever launched in the internet era. how do you combat an album being leaked too early? leak it your damn self, bit by bit, unfinished demo by unfinished demo. control what gets leaked, what we hear early. do we know these are the "big guns"?

...or...

the record company is saying a big fuck you to Axl and releasing what they've got in their possession. if the album drops, people are gonna buy the CD rather than having shitty demos, they just stick it a bit to Axl for the 13 years and 20 million.

i'm leaning to this being a promotional vehicle. look how everything has exploded in the last week after 3 years of nothingness. every music news agency worth its shit is talking GnR leaks. radio stations are playing the songs as a way of gaining street (internet search ability) cred. until the -nudge, nudge, wink, wink- cease and desist order, after, uhh, the songs are played ad nauseum. (as an aside....if the record company REALLY wanted to stop the leaks, the instant they got word of unauthorized leaks they could send off a canned cease and desist to every major station handing them their ass if they play it)

ladies....this is simply the trailer for the main feature. he's giving us a taste to get us excited.

with everything happening all at once, it's the only logical answer, unless there's something we really don't know.

if this isn't what is going on, what happened is that Axl has been so protective of his baby for so long, that he slips once on his bday, and it gets spilled all over the world. it just doesn't fit.

ps...i've listened to IRS, the little BS clip of CITR and the clip of better that was suuposedly put together by a fan from the actual clip....Better was alright, but gotta hear tghenwhole thing....IRS kicks ass even on demo wuality recording.......but i really don't wanna hear anything else, regardless of who's initiating this little thing.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2006, 06:34:50 AM »

I think axl or the record company could be behind it..

lets see axl photos all of a sudden, says you'll hear new music this year, mentioned we might just show up to these festivals we are always rumoured to be at, then the leaks, then the show dates announced.. Pretty wild coincidence
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2006, 07:12:59 AM »

I think twat sounds pretty damn studio, axl's voice is done up like in estranged with that eccho effect or whatever the proper terminology is.... Is there any chance at least twat is studio?? Hell no one knows how the songs are really supposed to sound, the lack of drums might be the way it is supposed to be heard..  I think better needs a touch up, but maybe the second half is how it's supposed to be.. Huh
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2006, 07:18:58 AM »

Nah i think these are demos, if you listen to the latest release of the entire CD, TWAT is definitly a demo, listen to it with headphones. The drums sound awful, to the point where the high hat is just annoying pounding away in your left ear!

Jonx
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2006, 07:21:58 AM »

I dunno myself, but when I crank this up onmy speakers, and turn up the eq, bass and such, if this is demo, Im like wholly shit, as far as TWAT

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Olorin
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2006, 07:22:43 AM »

I think they are demos, I remember listening to the tiny madagascar clip from the radio promos over and over and was thrilled at how it sounded, man the drums are booming, Axl sounds amazing, the production quality that the tiny clip highlighted was second to none.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2006, 07:23:37 AM »

I dunno myself, but when I crank this up onmy speakers, and turn up the eq, bass and such, if this is demo, Im like wholly shit, as far as TWAT

that's how I feel.. It has that estranged finish to me, just not with the drums.. ?I was thinking with axl's new bizarre type intros that maybe he's into drum machines or synths over the older stuff we once knew
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2006, 07:24:36 AM »

I think they are demos, I remember listening to the tiny madagascar clip from the radio promos over and over and was thrilled at how it sounded, man the drums are booming, Axl sounds amazing, the production quality that the tiny clip highlighted was second to none.

wasn't the only other versions of maddy from concerts though?? I mean twat isn't just some tune that was being played live and some guy recorded it..
Olorin
« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2006, 07:27:12 AM »

No way, they were studio cuts - uploading now Wink
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: