Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues - Music Video (fan made)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues - Music Video (fan made)  (Read 5945 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: July 03, 2006, 10:46:49 PM »

I spent a lot of time putting this together, let me know what you think of it if you get a chance:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=85587AEB13688B1F

And if this is the wrong section to post videos, I apologize - I was going to post it in Appetite for Collection, but I'm not even sure it qualifies as a "download" per se. Feel free to move this topic, mods, if it's not the right place for it.

YouTube: (very bad quality, audio out of sync) http://youtube.com/watch?v=eUXo174fDqA
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:57:46 PM by RussianRoulette » Logged
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:51:10 PM »

old members in new gnr vid = lame as fuck

if slash was in the band I'd say cool, but seriosuly, don't put thos guys in there lol
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 10:54:31 PM »

old members in new gnr vid = lame as fuck

if slash was in the band I'd say cool, but seriosuly, don't put thos guys in there lol

The point of putting in flashback clips was not to make it seem as if Slash and Duff et al were actually performing the song, it was to fit in with the theme of the song. If you pay attention to the lyrics it should make more sense. You'll notice I put all clips of old bandmembers in black and white and at specific points (e.g. when Axl says "Only memory" at the end it goes through a whole series of clips from old performances). Another example is when he says "It hurts so much to see you and how you left yourself behind" - it fades from a 2006 video clip of Izzy to a clip from the Sweet Child music video.

That was the reason I put them in. Also, there is so little pro shot stuff from 2006 and 2002 - and I wanted to use as little as possible from '02 since the band's image then was...well...less desirable, to say the least.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:56:44 PM by RussianRoulette » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »

"Only Memories" isn't about the old band.. it's about a past relationship with a woman, but I guess you can make the song out to be about anything ya want.....
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:00:23 PM »

I know, but like many of the new songs, it seems it can be interpreted various ways. I think the lyrics to "Oh My God" and "Madagascar" also contain references to the old band (especially the verse in Oh My God about "liars that crawl through your veins like millions of spiders and seek out their victims and ruin the wiser").
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 11:10:39 PM »

very very good work!

must have taken a while Wink

i know why u put the old band in there for those parts ... and just imagine if those clips were of the new band, like slash walking slow motion black/white... that kind of stuff would be cool..

oh, and does the sound start to get bad for everybody after like 2 minutes or so, or is it my crappy speakers!

then at the 3 minute mark about it gets better

ugh now bad again! lol im watching while writing this.. but anyway.. good work... and try and fix the audio.  ok
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 11:14:55 PM »

very very good work!

must have taken a while Wink

i know why u put the old band in there for those parts ... and just imagine if those clips were of the new band, like slash walking slow motion black/white... that kind of stuff would be cool..

oh, and does the sound start to get bad for everybody after like 2 minutes or so, or is it my crappy speakers!

then at the 3 minute mark about it gets better

ugh now bad again! lol im watching while writing this.. but anyway.. good work... and try and fix the audio.  ok

Thanks! It did take a long time...the hardest part is actually just trying to find clips from other videos. I used a lot of stuff from Yesterdays, but then I had to chop some of the bits together to make it look right, or I had to add effects so it wouldn't look like an awkward transition...I also messed around with blurs and color effects (transitions into blue a lot with the color clips, like at the end) which takes a while trying to get right.

Anyway, about the audio - is it on the .mov file or on YouTube? YouTube is sucky but the .mov file is playing fine on my PC...  Huh
EFISH
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:30:18 PM »

oh, i didnt even see you had a youtube link Cheesy

yeah, i was looking at the mov file.. oh well

maybe my computer was just being retarded again!? ill try it again later.. but again.. it was very good, liked it a lot!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:36:12 PM »

i only saw the first 10 seconds and i gotta say.. its good lol? ok

edit: slash duff??1 WTFIZZLE?! Shocked
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:41:54 PM »

i only saw the first 10 seconds and i gotta say.. its good lol  ok

edit: slash duff??1 WTFIZZLE?! Shocked

Quote from: RussianRoulette
The point of putting in flashback clips was not to make it seem as if Slash and Duff et al were actually performing the song, it was to fit in with the theme of the song. If you pay attention to the lyrics it should make more sense. You'll notice I put all clips of old bandmembers in black and white and at specific points (e.g. when Axl says "Only memory" at the end it goes through a whole series of clips from old performances). Another example is when he says "It hurts so much to see you and how you left yourself behind" - it fades from a 2006 video clip of Izzy to a clip from the Sweet Child music video.

That was the reason I put them in. Also, there is so little pro shot stuff from 2006 and 2002 - and I wanted to use as little as possible from '02 since the band's image then was...well...less desirable, to say the least.

hihi
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 11:44:18 PM »

Its really good man, really get the point you're trying to get across about the memories with the ex-gunners. Good stuff man, good stuff. ok
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 11:58:41 PM »

Its very well edited, I can see you spent a great deal of time to make this.? I get why you put clips of the old band to provide an image of the memories, however I feel like there are too many of them (eg. showing slash playing during the guitar solo, etc.) and furthormore actually makes me upset watching because you see that there is such a disconnect between the old and new GN'R.? This is obvious of course, but when you see clips of the old band set to the music of the new band you realize that there is no true history there and that sense of falseness makes me a little sad.    Cry

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 12:00:07 AM »

There's a lot of proshot stuff from RIR-Lisboa. Dunno why you didn't use it...

Also, you put Slash just when Robin shines, on the solo. IMO, that was a bit wrong... But the edition was pretty good, with some nice transitions.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 12:06:11 AM »

Also, you put Slash just when Robin shines, on the solo. IMO, that was a bit wrong... But the edition was pretty good, with some nice transitions.

The problem with using RIR stuff: quality I've seen so far is too low and when you stretch it to fit the same aspect ratio of the other clips the difference is very noticeable, but most importantly - all the RIR clips have that damn logo in the bottom right corner. As far as I know there aren't any clips online without the logos. I didn't want to mix clips with logos into clips without them.
RKD
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!!

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 12:17:36 AM »

well done.... great editing, and kinda made me feel sad that the era is over but kinda happy because we can still rely on axl to be the hot headed pissed of kid from Indiana who don't really give a shit lol i agree however that the using of slash during the solo didn't quite seem right but i enjoyed the overall video. great job  ok
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 01:18:42 AM »

using the old clips is fine but i dont think you should make it look as if the old band is actually performing the song. instead, i would recommend using like still images, or non-performance clips like the ones used in sweet child and paradise city videos. you especially should not use their likeness during robins solo, it just doesnt fit. it would be like using axl singing on a fan made velvet revolver video. awkward huh?

poop
Shirell
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 01:28:15 AM »

I liked the video I thought it was well put together but (sorry there's always one of those isn't there), I would have prefered to see the new band members instead of the old ones.  Before you say it, I understand the concept of 'memories' your using to relay the 'past and gone' theme but, as most fans already know this is about a woman (Stephanie Seymour) it doesn't sit quite right.  I liked your work though, it was very entertaining.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 01:31:14 AM »

using the old clips is fine but i dont think you should make it look as if the old band is actually performing the song. instead, i would recommend using like still images, or non-performance clips like the ones used in sweet child and paradise city videos. you especially should not use their likeness during robins solo, it just doesnt fit. it would be like using axl singing on a fan made velvet revolver video. awkward huh?

True. I guess I can always go back once more pro-shot footage from 2006 appears and re-edit it.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 01:34:39 AM »

sorry i forgot to mention that the editing was really well done and the clips moved seemlessly. very good work.

poop
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 01:54:25 AM »

The problem with using RIR stuff: quality I've seen so far is too low and when you stretch it to fit the same aspect ratio of the other clips the difference is very noticeable, but most importantly - all the RIR clips have that damn logo in the bottom right corner. As far as I know there aren't any clips online without the logos. I didn't want to mix clips with logos into clips without them.
There is the SIC TV broadcast, awesome quality (there is a dvd out there, on DIME, I guess), and the logo isn't so big and could be easily removed or hide.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: