Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:53:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  This subject won't go away (so I'll be part of the problem)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This subject won't go away (so I'll be part of the problem)  (Read 10014 times)
heinous
« on: July 02, 2006, 07:32:52 PM »

Frankly I'm annoyed by those who seem to think many of the songs we've heard so far are all but sure to be on the forthcoming album.? So what if a song has been played live in the past or present?? If there is one thing we know for sure, it's that the band has done nothing if not hold back what they've produced over the greater part of the last decade.? Hell, they've undertaken more than one tour without actually releasing the record.? Does it really seem likely that Axl would leak out what he's worked on all these years in little dribs and drabs?

We all know the band is working on 32 songs, 26 of which are "nearly done."? However, having had around 70 songs as far back as 2000 leaves a lot of extra material to play before actually unveiling any "big guns."? While it's certainly possible we've heard some of what will be on Chinese Democracy, the thinking that we have heard most of it already is entirely unreasonable.

Bottom line, all we know for sure are 10 songs the band has played live or have been leaked (The Blues, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Oh My God, Rhiad & the Bedouins, Silkworms, Better, Catcher in the Rye, IRS, There Was a Time) and perhaps 8 more possible song titles (The General, Leave Me Alone, Seven, Thyme, Ides of March, Oklahoma, Prostitute, This I Love).
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »

Axl?

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 07:37:20 PM »

Its a given that CD, the blues, madagascar, TWAT, IRS and Better are going to be on cd.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »

Axl?

Yes?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 07:41:53 PM »

The only songs I'm sure will be on CD are IRS, Better, The Blues, TWAT, Madagascar and CD.  Other than that we don't really know.  We know Axl said The Blues, Better and TWAT are some of his favorite songs on the album.  And we know that Madagascar and IRS have been played at almost all the new shows.  And CD is the title track so that's almost assumed.  The rest, we don't know.  I think we'll hear 6-7 new songs, and remember that aside from the hardcore GnR fanbase who will buy the album no matter what, most of the people buying the album won't have heard any of the songs, and if they have they've heard them only a few times
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »

I think these are the givens to be on the first album, assuming recent comments from the band are correct:

Better
Catcher in The Rye
Chinese Democracy
IRS
Madagascar
The Blues
TWAT (There Was a Time)

That leaves six unheard tracks for Chinese Democracy.

I would assume that the tracks which received orchestral arrangements in recent years only received those arrangements because they were going to be on the final album.

In that case, these tracks would also be on the first album:

Leave Me Alone
Prostitute
Seven
The General
Thyme

We can also assume that Axl will include "Oklahoma" on the album.

So in conclusion...

Chinese Democracy - Potential Tracklist

Better
Catcher in The Rye
Chinese Democracy
IRS
Leave Me Alone
Madagascar
Oklahoma
Prostitute
Seven
The Blues
The General
Thyme
TWAT (There Was a Time)
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 07:47:09 PM »

Its a given that CD, the blues, madagascar, TWAT, IRS and Better are going to be on cd.

No its not.  Axl has never said that.  They were just randomly leaked and now he plays them on tour because they were leaked.  I'd say the only one for sure is CD, bc its the title.  The other ones we have no clue about.  Stop acting like you know they're gonna be on the album when you know nothing about the album... and you haven't for 10 years along with everyone else. 
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 07:48:57 PM »

No its not.? Axl has never said that.? They were just randomly leaked and now he plays them on tour because they were leaked.?

Incorrect - Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues never "leaked".

Axl said in a Rolling Stone interview this year that his favorite songs on the new album are TWAT, The Blues and Better.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »

No its not.  Axl has never said that.  They were just randomly leaked and now he plays them on tour because they were leaked.  I'd say the only one for sure is CD, bc its the title.  The other ones we have no clue about.  Stop acting like you know they're gonna be on the album when you know nothing about the album... and you haven't for 10 years along with everyone else. 

Well it's basically given that TWAT, Better and The Blues will be there since Axl said they were amongst his favorites.  It's pretty damn close to sure that CD will be there since it's the title track.  And since IRS has been played at every 2006 show, and since Madagascar was played at all the 2002 shows and most the 2006 shows, they're a pretty safe bet as well
heinous
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 07:51:48 PM »

That's just it Dave.  Why is it "a given" these songs will be on the album?  Again, maybe some of them.  But it doesn't make any sense to me that Axl would have leaked out half the record already....
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 07:53:42 PM »

That's just it Dave.? Why is it "a given" these songs will be on the album?? Again, maybe some of them.? But it doesn't make any sense to me that Axl would have leaked out half the record already....

Axl didn't "leak" anything out.

He played three new songs in 2001-2002 and is touring now to capitalize on the publicity generated when the demos leaked online earlier this year.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »

But it doesn't make any sense to me that Axl would have leaked out half the record already....

The people who have heard these songs already are going to buy the album anyway, I think Axl realizes this.  Even if they're skeptics, I think it's pretty clear that anyone who's been to a GnR show from 2001 and forward will be buying Chinese Democracy, out of curiousity if nothing else.  And even out of the people who've heard these new songs, it's only the really,  really hardcore fans who've heard the new songs multiple times.  Most people probably just heard them at the show.  These songs will be new, or at least fresh, to almost everyone who buys the album aside from us real hardcore, diehard fans who will be buying the album and most likely loving it anyway
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »

Well, history would agree with you somewhat. Axl was playing Dont Cry, Back off Bitch, KOHD and even had November Rain and a few others worked out even before AFD was released and none of them made it onto the album so it is possible that they are playing songs that are slated for a second or third album. ?However, back in 86 they were also playing songs that would be on AFD, so I would guess while maybe 1 or 2 songs they have played wont be on the album (hopefully Silk Worms and Rhiads and OMG) I would guess that the vast majority will be on the album. ?In articles they had said which songs were Axl's favorites and all of those have been leaked. ?Id be guessing his favorites will be ont he album.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 08:06:36 PM »

That's just it Dave.? Why is it "a given" these songs will be on the album?? Again, maybe some of them.? But it doesn't make any sense to me that Axl would have leaked out half the record already....

Its easy. CD is the title track, its on the album. Axl said the fave songs that will appear on the album are the blues, twat and better, thus those are a give to be on the album. In an email I talked to Fortus about the madagascar solo, and he said they are playing it now how its going to be on the album, thus madagascar is on the album. ?As for IRS they keep playing it live and will mostly likely be on the album. So there ya go

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »

Well it's basically given that TWAT, Better and The Blues will be there since Axl said they were amongst his favorites.  It's pretty damn close to sure that CD will be there since it's the title track.  And since IRS has been played at every 2006 show, and since Madagascar was played at all the 2002 shows and most the 2006 shows, they're a pretty safe bet as well

Yeah I can see his favorites being on there.  But didn't Axl say to the effect that the songs he plays live aren't necessarily going to be on the album or even singles if the album is released?  I just think that after 10+ years you cannot assume to know what songs are on the album.  Just wait until its out. 
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 08:10:40 PM »

Its easy. CD is the title track, its on the album. Axl said the fave songs that will appear on the album are the blues, twat and better, thus those are a give to be on the album. In an email I talked to Fortus about the madagascar solo, and he said they are playing it now how its going to be on the album, thus madagascar is on the album.  As for IRS they keep playing it live and will mostly likely be on the album. So there ya go

Merck said IRS wasn't even a top 10 song that Axl has made for these 3 albums.  IIRC, Axl said they were his favorite songs, but he didnt say they were on the album. 
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 08:11:55 PM »

Well it's basically given that TWAT, Better and The Blues will be there since Axl said they were amongst his favorites.? It's pretty damn close to sure that CD will be there since it's the title track.? And since IRS has been played at every 2006 show, and since Madagascar was played at all the 2002 shows and most the 2006 shows, they're a pretty safe bet as well

Yeah I can see his favorites being on there.? But didn't Axl say to the effect that the songs he plays live aren't necessarily going to be on the album or even singles if the album is released?? I just think that after 10+ years you cannot assume to know what songs are on the album.? Just wait until its out.?

Why do people always misquote Axl. He said in 2002 the songs they are playing will not be singles. He never said they wont be on the album.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »

Its easy. CD is the title track, its on the album. Axl said the fave songs that will appear on the album are the blues, twat and better, thus those are a give to be on the album. In an email I talked to Fortus about the madagascar solo, and he said they are playing it now how its going to be on the album, thus madagascar is on the album.? As for IRS they keep playing it live and will mostly likely be on the album. So there ya go

Merck said IRS wasn't even a top 10 song that Axl has made for these 3 albums.? IIRC, Axl said they were his favorite songs, but he didnt say they were on the album.?

That is funny because the reason they stopped playing TWAT is because Del said Axl said they didnt want to ruin the song for the album because the song is complex to play live.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 08:15:40 PM »

Its easy. CD is the title track, its on the album. Axl said the fave songs that will appear on the album are the blues, twat and better, thus those are a give to be on the album. In an email I talked to Fortus about the madagascar solo, and he said they are playing it now how its going to be on the album, thus madagascar is on the album.  As for IRS they keep playing it live and will mostly likely be on the album. So there ya go

Merck said IRS wasn't even a top 10 song that Axl has made for these 3 albums.  IIRC, Axl said they were his favorite songs, but he didnt say they were on the album. 

That is funny because the reason they stopped playing TWAT is because Del said Axl said they didnt want to ruin the song for the album because the song is complex to play live.

So Del James is still around?   Tongue  Cool, I didn't know he was still hanging with the band
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »

Then it must be drastically different than what we heard from the leaks...

Also, remember, there's a possibility Rhiad will be on it as well....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: