Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  This subject won't go away (so I'll be part of the problem)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This subject won't go away (so I'll be part of the problem)  (Read 10007 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »

Then it must be drastically different than what we heard from the leaks...

Also, remember, there's a possibility Rhiad will be on it as well....

Dizzy has said "Riyadh and The Bedouins" and "Silkworms" will not be on the album.

But "Riyadh and The Bedouins" was spotted on a setlist this year, so who knows.

Axl introduced "Riyadh and The Bedouins" in 2002 by saying "this is a song we like to play for fun" - so take that into consideration as well.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »

When was that?  Huh
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »

Yeah, Dizzy said they won't be, but then it was found on the setlist, they must have had a change of heart.....

Yeah Shotgun, Del's the bald tattooed guy you see in some pics.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 08:20:12 PM »

Then it must be drastically different than what we heard from the leaks...

Also, remember, there's a possibility Rhiad will be on it as well....

Dizzy has said "Riyadh and The Bedouins" and "Silkworms" will not be on the album.

Axl introduced "Riyadh and The Bedouins" in 2002 by saying "this is a song we like to play for fun" - so take that into consideration as well.

Fortus said Riyadh was A listed

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 08:28:04 PM »

Rhiad sounded like a song with potential.  Axl's live vocals were kind of off key for it in 2001 and 2002 from the boots I heard, with the exception of the 1/1/01 Vegas show where Axl sounded good but the recording quality stunk.  But they didn't play it that many times.  I thought it would be a killer studio song, I really love the guitar intro to that song
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »

Like I said in another thread. Axl should just pick the 12-15 best songs and put them on CD. It should not matter what they are, just dont hold any back for the next album. He needs to hit this one out of the park to show everyone it was worth the wait because we all know the album could  be great and people will still say its not good enough for all the time he spent on them. I am sure most of the reviews are written before they even hear the album

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 08:33:02 PM »

Like I said in another thread. Axl should just pick the 12-15 best songs and put them on CD. It should not matter what they are, just dont hold any back for the next album. He needs to hit this one out of the park to show everyone it was worth the wait because we all know the album could  be great and people will still say its not good enough for all the time he spent on them. I am sure most of the reviews are written before they even hear the album

The haters will dump on the album no matter what.  But for me, if they released an album right now just with studio versions of The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Rhiad, Better, IRS, TWAT, and CITR it would be better than any rock album that's come out in many, many years.  This isn't even including the tracks that we haven't heard which are supposedly amazing material according to Buckmaster, Beltrami and Brian May
heinous
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 08:35:31 PM »

Like I said in another thread. Axl should just pick the 12-15 best songs and put them on CD. It should not matter what they are, just dont hold any back for the next album. He needs to hit this one out of the park to show everyone it was worth the wait because we all know the album could? be great and people will still say its not good enough for all the time he spent on them. I am sure most of the reviews are written before they even hear the album

I will agree with everything you said here.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »

Chinese Democracy should be:

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits
            '96-'06

Only the best out of the 70 songs should be on there...no filler, no comedy tracks, simply the best.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »

I listened to the 1/1/01 Rhiad just now for the first time in a long time.  Buckethead's solo on the song is sweet  smoking
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 08:43:51 PM »

Only the best out of the 70 songs should be on there...no filler, no comedy tracks, simply the best.

as much as I want this to be true, but I have to ask, what should they do with the next albums then? confused

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 08:45:54 PM »

Let's get this one album out, then we'll worry about the rest.  This needs to be the best so they can come out strong and silence their critics and build a full head of momentum for eventual future alubm releases. 
Steel_Angel
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 08:47:06 PM »

This reminds me of the thread i made a while ago

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32434.0

that is now in deadhorse. im amazed this one hasnt been moved. awesome, awesome.
EccoTides
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »

While I'd love to see Rhiad show up on CD, I think it's more likely for it to show up on the 2nd album. Dizzy said the song was dropped from CD, but Fortus apparently said it was A-Listed (anyone have a link for that?), so perhaps it's earned a spot on the second album.

Either way, I hope it shows up - It's a killer song.
heinous
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »

This reminds me of the thread i made a while ago

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32434.0

that is now in deadhorse. im amazed this one hasnt been moved. awesome, awesome.

I read your thread and thought about posting in it.  But, like I said, the topic won't go away.  I don't claim to know anymore than anyone else.  For some reason, people assuming we've heard many or most of the songs on the record bothers me. 

I'll go take my medication now....
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »

It is an interesting question. I think it's extremely likely that Axl's "favourites" will be on the record - Better, The Blues and There Was a Time. I also think Chinese Democracy will be included.

Madagascar will probably be on there, but in theory it could just be a b-side. There is nothing wrong with that for a song that so many people have already heard.

IRS: really hard to say.

IMO, Catcher in the Rye, Rhiad and Silk Worms will not be on the record.

I also don't think it's carved in stone that there will only be 13 tracks. I bet there's more.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006, 11:21:30 PM »

U know I got a feeling Axl doesn't even know himself the exact final song selection confused
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2006, 11:33:27 PM »

U know I got a feeling Axl doesn't even know himself the exact final song selection confused

He said the track list is not finalized yet because tracks keep on moving from album to album. I just hope they go with the best for the first album

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2006, 11:38:55 PM »

Maybe they should just release a triple album, 3 discs with 11 songs each  smoking
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 12:12:50 AM »

I hope CITR is on CD Smiley Deserves to IMO

Hear, hear!

ok

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: