Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Share Poems Lyrics and Songs you wrote here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share Poems Lyrics and Songs you wrote here.  (Read 258257 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2004, 09:51:02 AM »

i usually dont do this for fear of being plagarized

but this is a song that isnt gonna be on my cd anyway so fuck it, i may use it down the road though its called

"souless"

every mornin' i wake up the same
drownin in my sorrow with no one to blame
its just the evil worlds burden on me
that hardens my soul and resurrects misery

i have nothing to show for what ive done
25 years and i still dont have anyone
how could hell be any worse than this
ive sufferered enough and i deserve some bliss

chorus

constantly i feel like im in a daze
cant find a drug to cure my pain
id like to die but i fear not being around
cause as soon as i pull the trigger a drug will be found
that will make u happy and never let u down

every mornin i wake up so cold
nothing to love or call my own
i try to find the answers but i give up
living or dying i no longer give a fuck

repeat chorus

life is strange when things change and the demons creep under the door, i try but ic ant defeat them anymore
im giving into the voices inside my head the ones that tell me im better off dead, my soul is not hole ive lost all control now i just wanna die in my sorrow
i feel like im just wastin away to die my soul is gone but im still alive

just reachin out to hold u once more
but u just let me fall into a sea of black right into hells core

im gonna work something up with this, this song was written in a very dark time and place and its a song i dont like performing cause of the demons it brings out in me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2004, 11:54:15 AM »

Here are some of my poems I have written so far this year, please tell me what you think good or bad Smiley:

Metaphor

I am an Island
Lost in the wide and vast ocean of life
While others be part of island chains
My island is left alone where no others will find
Below the waters surface an island may be forged together
With a significant other
My island stands strong and proud by itself
The love of others it sometimes seems
Is closer then I realize
Yet such love is yet to reach the shores of my island
If I am to be left so out from the shore
May I never find my way back anymore

Tanka

Clouds in the wide sky
High above the cold calm breeze
Soaring over trees
Even on the grayest days
The greatest of clouds arise
Unleashing rainfall on to us

Sonnet

One left behind thought stands out to me, at which I wrote my name in the sand
         The cold showers of the morning dew came down and washed it away
         There my lover ran towards me barefoot in the sand, and she gently took my hand
         Thunder and lightening crashed through my mind as we walked to a place I cannot say
The senseless chatter that commenced I simply blocked out, as I looked into the sky
          What if life had no death, only joy and serenity, happiness that was endless
All I believe my life to be is a time of nonsense as you simply think what a joy it would be to fly
The clouds sometimes appear to be closer then they really are, nature is a place of solitude, a place I want to be in the boundless moonlight
On that beach, I had thoughts of mortality as I wondered quite frequently when I will die
???I am not depressed or lost in sadness, I simply wish to know life best
Life is a treasure that many may take for granted in their lifetime, which makes me sigh
I often get lost in thoughts and a web of questions but all is well when you?re hypnotized by the stillness of your chest

Here is my major thesis I had to write this year, I scored  97% on it but would like to hear your opinions on it:

Native Issues

Today our already distressed association with our country?s aboriginal people continues to disintegrate by the minute. The majority of fault for decades of our country?s economic distress should be primarily bestowed on the aboriginal people of Canada. Legendary alcoholism and inane parental discretion concerning drug addiction involving their young children living primarily within a single-parent environment is both irresponsible and reckless. Colossal unemployment rates tarnish Canada?s image by undesirably fueling our country?s dependency load at annual rates by natives accounting for close to 25% of no participation in the labor force compared to approximately 8% for the total population of Manitoba alone.  In the following essay I, with both statistical and factual information, will exhibit that the majority of natives in Canada live in a gentrified area while not making appropriate investments of any financial salary while surrounding environments for parenting children possibly pose threats and danger to their wellbeing.  Unworthy monthly drainage of government unemployment support and inconsiderate abuse of year round hunting privileges are just a few of the annual occurrences taking place in a native community.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 12:02:38 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2004, 12:05:43 PM »

A great number of aboriginal inhabitants of our country are volatile, uneducated, and pose both a social and economic burden on our country?s society. They are the origin of previously unheard of suicide and crime rates, which unfortunately have a direct correlation to education and poverty which is disastrous and can further motivate social disparity when an alarming 34.2% of natives living on a reserve have less then a grade 9 education.

Predominately, the majority of the native population of Canada posses very inextensive, unsophisticated knowledge, and experience in the world of governing politics. The concept of native self-government has remained a hot topic, of massive argumentation and controversy for the past several years.  Opening the door to the realm of possibilities and subsequent consequences to our government giving the native population sole reign over, and dominating control over each and every single one of their actions sure would solve various of our problems, but the backlash form our non-aboriginal community would be monumental
First of all, the Quebecois who initially appealed the notion to the Canadian government back in 1995 to separate from Canada and establish they?re own, segregated, self-governed country.  If our government were to relinquish individuality, and self-command to the native population, they would be in essence fabricating a double standard in which yet another privilege is yielding forth in the native community?s already expansive list of privileges, while the voices of the citizens of Quebec go unrenowned. Substantial greed would eminently follow on behalf of the natives if self-government were instated, with limited taxation, as well exempted taxation on registered property, and inclusive year-round hunting privileges, their truly is noting that natives do not retain.It would in reality remain in this country?s best interest if the notion of aboriginal self-government remains disapproved. For an already hefty, financial solvency that remains lingering over our government while they continue to procrastinate the issue, donating millions, upon millions of dollars over to the notion of self-government would be incautious, and valueless. The Canadian government should alternatively invest any feasible, or expendable, sums of money into more beneficial for our country as a whole such as healthcare, education, and welfare.  The primary advantage if the policy were to be adopted would be to finally have the native population off our government?s backs, so that any corrupt or ludicrous decisions will solely reflect their community and not ours.    

Notwithstanding the certainty and common knowledge that aboriginal peoples possess and offer multifarious skilful expertise, their partaking in the labour force of our country is in fact substantially imminent along with an immense unemployment rate greater then non-aboriginal Canadians.   The prime factor substantiating the current unemployment rate of 31% is the direct correlation between education and available employment opportunities. Such occupations that need to be filled are outturned in opposition to the native population unfortunately when 34.2% have below grade 9 education experience.  Coincidental parallels exist between both a parent, and their child?s failed success in the labour force. A minor?s success in education is meagerly determined by their parents active interest in their child?s education, which is unfortunately almost non-existent when a child travels great distances away from the reserve of which they live on.  The native population of Canada subsequently accounts for a huge fraction of those not in the labour force which by correct definition fabricates our country?s dependency load. Vigorous initiative on behalf of the native population to participate in the labour force has had distinct reasons in the past several years. Take for example 1986-1991, as an entire community, annual income for the native people has increased by 31%, and to this day only continues to grow.  This intricate situation does not look as if a resolution is on the horizon. If our government continues to handout unemployment checks monthly, the natives truly will not learn anything in life. Illegal acts such cigarette smuggling continue to hit our economy very year, with an estimated 1.5 billion dollar loss.  A serious reexamination is needed on our part to reassess the usefulness of financially supporting our native tribes.

Social disparity, or imbalance among native culture is directly affiliated with several secondary psychological factors including depression and domineering stress. When these factors compile it is extremely potential that violent crime will be committed, 41.4% of the time against a family member.  Economic despair and poverty are the foremost factors that question a native?s willpower to contend with every day life. When violent crimes are created are committed, and social disadvantages are publicized the native people alienate themselves from our society, and mistrust for fear of them lashing out against a non-aboriginal citizen perhaps out of residential or financial envy is a common belief. In retrospective years, our native people?s struggle with drug addiction primarily, gasoline sniffing, has become almost mythological in public knowledge. Recent studies have substantiated that continuous inhalant abuse is directly associated with failure, or misfortune in school, unemployment, and the most importantly, social inadequacy.  In public facilities for example, a non-native, or anyone for that matter could easily detect such an addiction by impoverished hygiene, conspicuous essence of the native?s possible inhalant of choice.  Turning to inhalants, due to failure of achievement in many of life?s little aspects of stability, and security unknowingly worsens the predicament as, any association with vile drug use such as gasoline gives a repulsed, or disreputable reputation for the native community as a hole. With ample rehabilitation centres available for treatment, if the initiative is taken, social acceptance may be found with a more enlightening reputation for our native people.    

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2004, 12:08:23 PM »

In the past several year?s, there has been ample cause for concern pertaining to Native hunting privileges and the potentially devastating impingement they could have on our country?s already distressed natural resources pertaining directly to the equality and stability of species such as fish and deer in our environment. For several years now, Treaty natives, and most recently non-status natives have been generously bestowed with the privilege to hunt or fish on any vacant property throughout any season of the year. With such freedom comes great responsibility and consideration that must be innovated when with unbounded limits on how much fish for example can be seized with no license required. Consideration for the non-native population in the hunting profession has unfortunately not occurred since it is estimated that hundreds of natives in the greater New Brunswick area alone annually compromise non-native fishermen the security and success of their livelihood by unnecessarily embezzling and vilifying already floundering fisheries.   Our  government  one  way  or  the  other  needs  to  reevaluate allowing  aboriginal  descendents  the  privilege  of  year  round hunting.  Annual  financial  inheritance  by  not  doing  so  are  being  forfeited  off  of  license  and  registration  fees  for  the  Resource  Management  Board , which  is  in  turn,  is  invested  in  worthwhile  conservation  projects.  An anonymous agency should perhaps be deployed to further investigate and evaluate usefulness and determine who was in greater need of these hunting rights, while remaining within constitutional boundaries and not revoking their rights to provide a legitimate quantity of food for their families.  

In conclusion, these perplexing situations with respect to our native population??? are far too complex to be realistically resolved anytime in our foreseeable future. Potentially beneficial solutions for all parties involved unfortunately come with detrimental side effects. Several factors influencing the perdition, or downfall of non-heated native-white relations is the responsibility of decades prior to this sate of dilemma in which the native peoples who first settled our country were treated as mere hindrances, and unrightfully owners of what is globally referred to as ?our? land while our native neighbors watch from the sidelines. Decades since then, innumerable riots have occurred against non-aboriginal citizens, fueled with utter contempt and, and anarchism spirituality over and over again, yet in the end any defense of beliefs or land ownership is squandered, and the natives are pushed out of society long enough for the native community willfully socially segregated yet again. As mentioned subsequently, substantial side effects to the reclusive and alienated lifestyles the majority of natives chose to live under is nonobligatory, and at any moment can reach a providential turning point in which band decisions exist no more and an education perhaps is not so far-fetched or strenuous. Prosperity to any community, or our society with a slothful or indolent attitude will not amount to anything in the labor force. As a result the annual dependency load of our country only continues to elevate, while more and more salary decrements are sent off to support the unemployed, a large decrement of which are natives. It remains highly disputable as to how productive these boundless money transactions go to sequester support of their families and exceptional or at least improved housing conditions. It is hard to relate to the aboriginal community when so few of us know both what to say and what to do, but one thing remains undisputed, an alteration of living is required for a co-existing existence to remain possible

PS: I apologize if what I said in the essay offended anyone, please give me some feedback on it and my poems, good or bad, and feel free to analyze and opose the side I took for the essay.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2004, 12:09:52 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2004, 01:10:52 PM »

This sorta song has been brewing in my head for a while, not words or anything just ideas. So i came to this thread and sat down and in 10mins i was done. The best ideas are thought of on the spot for me, although by your criticism this might not always be true  hihi

Find what you've found (hahaha sounds like a good album cover name)

verse:
she wants to be friends,
nothing more,
she just hasn't found what she's lookin for

don't want it to end,
just by chance,
this could begin a life long romance ooooooo

but remember,
you can't get it all.
forget about her
and begin to stand tall

Pre-Chorus:
tomorrow's another day
don't fall to the ground
don't begin to stray
don't get yourself down

Chorus:
what you want to find
will become found.
its only a matter of time
c'mon nooooooow c'mon noooow

Verse 2:
they've got a fancy car
got it all
you just wish you had all the things you saw

you wish upon a star
your desire
might not be right, could be blinded by fire ooooooooooo

so remember
those things don't mean much
you shouldn't care
you've got the human touch

Pre-Chorus:
tomorrow's another day
don't fall to the ground
don't begin to stray
don't get yourself down

Chorus:
what you want to find
will become found.

Bridge:(Heavy, 1st time electric guitar enters)
People will hate you
People will hurt you
People will hate you
People will kick you when your dowwwwwwn.

Solo:
(best solo i've ever written)

Chorus: x2
what you want to find
will become found.

Outro:
oooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo
(yeah its hard without hearing the notes)

i'm mainly a song writer for guitar, but i only usually deal with things musically. This is the first time i've ventured into lyrics properly. remember this was written very quickly. what do you think? nervous

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2004, 03:25:20 PM »

This is dedicated to childhood friend, who has turned to be a true motherfucker. I hope you enjoy it, at least I did when I wrote it.

Mr. Coolguy

It's always more than it seems
All smiles but I know it ain't for real
You're just waiting the moment I'm down
So you could kick me in my face

You must hate the fact we had the same chances
But you just couldn't grab when I advanced
Yeah, you found out life is so hard to control
Yeah, and I had to show you how it was done

You're all show,
oh, you're too weak to lift a boulder
you say you don't need a shoulder
and no one anymore takes you serious, you're so Mr. Hilarious

Yeah, so shut up, if you can't run the show
Yeah, shut up if you can't take what's to come
You better shut up since there's a long way down

You try to be so cool
and to everyone else you're just a fool
How hard can it be to find a lady?
Yeah, I know they should ask you
Yeah, they should just  ask from you

You ain't got no money to go
You ain't got no confidence to show
You're Mr. Coolguy who never had a blow

You're such a great image of a man
Mr. Coolguy you just lack what everyone else have
And you think you're almost like a star
It's so hilarious when it's all lies what claim you have

I don't even need my eyes to see
That everyone you know don't think that much of you
It's no surprise, so watch out, don't you talk shit when I'm about
you're just a clown with imaginary fame
I don't even care to demonstrate
The real use of likes of you
Oh, ain't you cool
Oh, do I need to show the real use of you?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2004, 01:10:05 AM »

This is a song I wrote after a bad depression during my last serious relationship.  It's all true apart from me dying at the end, although it was toutch n' go at the time.  Hope you like it?
Got a tune in my head but hav'nt picked up the guitar with it yet...

"Strong"

Sometimes I.....feel like a stranger.
As I lie here naked thinking next to you.
Don't you know....that we're in danger.
After all this time I feel I've something still to prove.

Why can't I put my finger on it, this emptyness inside?
Is it just me, or do yah feel it to?  Oh baby I can't hide.....

chorus;
Can't hide away.  
Can't hide the void within my soul.
Although I still love yah, it's not complete.
And our existance is'nt whole.
Whole enough....for us to carry on.
If I could have one wish I'd rub that lamp.
And say to gene I wish that I was strong.....

Stuck.....in this rigmarole called life.
You're trying your best but it never gonna be enough.
Like some stupid punk....all I wanna do is cry.
Wish I did'nt think, all this "get me outta here" stuff.

Can't eat, can't sleep I know that soon my time it will be up.
Nothing will escape me from this pain I feel, not even your tender toutch....

chorus;
Can't hide away.  

It's to late....as my life starts to fade away.
Something inside, swayed the decision its way.
I can see you cry....but I can't here you beg me to stay.
Gotta go now babe, I hope that I'll be back with you one day.

I know I'm going to a better place, and that you will be free.
All I wish with one last breath, is that you will still love me...

chorus;
Can't hide away.  

I was strong.
I was strong.
Wish I was strong.
But I could never be strong.

Copyright C.B. 30/11/03
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 01:16:26 AM by Gazzathecoigne » Logged

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2004, 10:22:26 PM »

I was thinking of an anti-tribute Rage Against the Machine style political song. It's pro facism and very aggressive! I dedicate it to President Bush.

Society Must be Controlled

Fire from the muskets bearing down upon the proles
Scores of people blown apart, bodies full of holes
Words from the preacher putting poison in their souls
Lies from the government, society must be controlled!

Let the bourgeosie put the foot down on the masses
Upon the dissedents the guided Demon missile crashes
Airplanes strafe the crowds blasting bullets in their passes
Prisoners whipped to death in a hundred deadly lashes

Society, society, society MUST BE CONTROLLED!
Freedom and peace they must not know.
SOCIETY MUST BE CONTROLLED!

We must put them in their place, masters of their lives
Ignore their wishes and their hopes, do not hear their cries
They cannot fight, they cannot think, they listen to our lies
Anyone who faces us, falls and screams and dies!

Freedom and peace they must not know.
SOCIETY MUST BE CONTROLLED!

<godly guitar solo>

And so we win the battle, no one beat us in the fight
Corpses of the opposition endless in my sight
There's no escape past our black gates, the borders guarded tight
Our rule is force, our law is true, long live the 7th Reich!

What do you guys think? Wink
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2004, 10:53:51 PM »

Hmm, maybe my first song should sound like Slayer thrash metal, even if lyrically it's Rage style. Don't steal my ideas, please. Wink

My second song is a Spinal Tap like song, a power ballad. I don't think it should be taken too seriously, much like any of my stuff. It's intentionally cheesy. This song is sung Darkness style.

Let me Feel Your Love  love

Girl you came to me, and I knew it was time
You're a flower in my hair, falling down from above
You're my property now, your body's all mine
Bend over and let me feel your love!  rofl

I heard you say I don't know what love is
In my heart I know how it feels
It's like a hit of cocaine, an aura of bliss
Now let's get high together, I don't care if it kills  rofl

OOOOOOOOOO, let me feel your love
OOOOOOOOOO, that tight, tempting love
OOOOOOOOOO, let me feel your love
OOOOOOOOOO, that red, pulsing love

Don't fall asleep girl, I know you're not really tired
So let me dance with you, I'll do the best I can
I feel hard like hot metal, and I'm high and wired
Just let me see your airstrip, I need permission to land Wink

OOOOOOOOO, let me feel your love
OOOOOOOOO, that tight, tempting love
OOOOOOOOO, let me feel your love
OOOOOOOOO, that red, pulsing love

Where are you running to girl, I'm not finished yet
Please don't fly away, my precious white dove
I promise you this moment you will never forget
Will I ever feel a woman's love?  Grin

This song is dedicated to all the other horny young men out there. Someday I know we're gonna score!  smoking
journey
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2004, 11:50:27 PM »

Hey guys! Here is a poem I wrote a while back for my girlfriend. I want opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of it I guess.

Yeah it's really original I know lol.

Robbie Wiles
?Marble Floor?
2-9-04 ? 2-18-04

That was really beautiful. I like the

Turning back the old hands of time
I can still see you in my memory that first day
Oh how you looked so fine
I always kept a thirst for you in my heart
I still remember the tough and unnerving moments we shared
We?re together now, nothing kept us apart
Since I fell for you nothing has compared

When you needed me, I was there
Even if you pushed I still pulled
Our early chapters have come to an end
I?m glad for this
My good will for you I send

A marble floor is how we are
You can walk on it and it is still pretty underneath
You just couldn?t ask for more
What we have is our own marble floor

Chorus:
We stay solid and keep together like tiles on the floor
As I smile and it?s sore, you kiss it and I couldn?t ask for more
Our love in its own way is a marble floor
I just couldn?t ask for more (x2)

Interval

How we ever met is beyond me
You?ve always looked beautiful every day and I?ve always thought it was meant to be
I don?t know how else to get through a day without you
Any day with you is more then I could ask
Like a marble floor

The times alone are harder now
I always will miss you
I can still hear you in my head
You?re the only thing that makes me alive and not dead

Chorus:
We stay solid and keep together like tile on the floor
As I smile and it?s sore, you kiss it and I couldn?t ask for more
Our love in its own way is a marble floor
I just couldn?t ask for more (x2)

Turning back the old hands of time
I can still see you in my memory that first day
Oh how you looked so fine
I always kept a thirst for you in my heart
I still remember the tough and unnerving moments we shared
We?re together now, nothing kept us apart
Since I fell for you nothing has compared

What ya think?

That was so cool! I liked the simili/metaphor of the marble floor being like love. I thought it was extremely original, unlike anything I've read before, and that's a good thing. It was beautifully expressed and I think you did a great job.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 02:09:03 AM by journey » Logged
journey
« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2004, 12:30:06 AM »

i usually dont do this for fear of being plagarized

but this is a song that isnt gonna be on my cd anyway so fuck it, i may use it down the road though its called

"souless"

every mornin' i wake up the same
drownin in my sorrow with no one to blame
its just the evil worlds burden on me
that hardens my soul and resurrects misery

i have nothing to show for what ive done
25 years and i still dont have anyone
how could hell be any worse than this
ive sufferered enough and i deserve some bliss

chorus

constantly i feel like im in a daze
cant find a drug to cure my pain
id like to die but i fear not being around
cause as soon as i pull the trigger a drug will be found
that will make u happy and never let u down

every mornin i wake up so cold
nothing to love or call my own
i try to find the answers but i give up
living or dying i no longer give a fuck

repeat chorus

life is strange when things change and the demons creep under the door, i try but ic ant defeat them anymore
im giving into the voices inside my head the ones that tell me im better off dead, my soul is not hole ive lost all control now i just wanna die in my sorrow
i feel like im just wastin away to die my soul is gone but im still alive

just reachin out to hold u once more
but u just let me fall into a sea of black right into hells core

im gonna work something up with this, this song was written in a very dark time and place and its a song i dont like performing cause of the demons it brings out in me

I had no idea you had a poem on here D!

I appreciate the honesty in it. I can totally relate to that feeling sometimes. Everybody can, I'm sure.
journey
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2004, 12:40:06 AM »

All the poems that I've read on here are really awesome. And, "Let Me Feel Your Love", was so hilarious, Walk!
I wish I could write half as good as you guys can!
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2004, 08:31:24 PM »

All the poems that I've read on here are really awesome. And, "Let Me Feel Your Love", was so hilarious, Walk!

Sometimes you just have to open your head into your pen.  It's amazing what'll come out and very theraputic also. Wink

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
journey
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2004, 10:02:20 PM »

Sometimes you just have to open your head into your pen.  It's amazing what'll come out and very theraputic also. Wink

Thanks for the advice. When I write something, be it a poem or story, I always have an audience in mind. It's like I never really write something just to please myself. But, I'm gonna try to just relax and write some things that are important to me.  Maybe something good will come from it.
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2004, 10:56:35 PM »

I've actually written lyrics since 1999 when I found first love hihi

Here's a interesting one from Mark:

'THE TRUTH HURTS"

I talk to you like we're tight
but we really can't stand each other.
You call me names after I leave your sight
and expect me to think of you as my brother.

You make jokes about how I really feel
and you disregard everything I do.
One day, things will start to get real
and I'll stop sending those messages to you.

Chorus:
Someday, I'll run away
and all of this will fade away.
I have nobody left to reach out to
If I can't talk to you
then who is it going to be?
You just lost your best employee.

I talk to you like we're tight
but really we can't stand each other.
I call you names after you leave my sight
and I can't stand it when we're together.

I do these things just for attention
and I get mad when I see the results.
You're so stuck on my contention
that you don't know what's occult.

Chorus

Lift me up, I want to be your friend.
Let me down, I want to do it again.
Let it go and just flip the switch
It's my jungle now, bitch!

---

Okay, it took me 2 1/2 hours to write that.

What does everybody think?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2004, 06:33:12 PM »

Heather
Her names Heather she wears leather
She is missing me
I don?t know how but you get inside my mind
Sometimes you don?t even know I?m there

Chorus

I?ll keep waiting till you come around
If you give me the chance
You?ve been saying
You really think you got me
Remember you can?t save me

So far away lady
A way to kill the sorrow
Drown my sorrows
Party till I puke
And you can?t save me

I got one thing left to do with my life
Is to get with you girl
You got me hypnotized
All you do is lie

Chorus

You?ve been saying

And if you think that I?m golden
You got some hard times ahead
I got a bone to pick
And its you?re one

And everybody thinks you?re a joke
And she aint gonna listen
She aint even gonna care
So don?t despair, don?t live in fear

Chorus

You?ve been saying

Chorus

You?ve been saying

You can?t save me
So don?t even try me
Don?t even try and pull that shit on me
You just don?t have what it takes

Chorus

You?ve been saying

Marc Taylor aka Dave Rose! hihi

EEEERRRR Little boy
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2004, 06:35:33 PM »

Tunnels
There?s a light at the
End of the tunnel
But I don?t know where I am going
Someday you?ll see, born and raised
Every single time

This time you see
When you?re crawling on you?re
Knee?s the light gets brighter and brighter
Point me in the right direction
And you?ll win

Chorus

Can you see the light?
Yes, it gets brighter but I don?t know where
I am going, but someday you?ll see
Been around that block a time or two
But we?re gonna do this

The desire still burns
Even though I?m growing old
But the flame still rises, but it
Always works out

Sustained by the stain on my shirt
Wake up and smell the roses
Its getting late and I can?t wait
Let?s go round again

Chorus

Can you see the light?
But we?re gonna do this

Chorus

Can you see the light?
But we?re gonna do this

It?s been good while
You were here, but
When nothing becomes
Something and you get
Beat, you?ll find away

Chorus

Can you see the light?
But we?re gonna do this

Marc T. Dave R

EEEERRRR Little boy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2004, 07:41:39 PM »

i can be a dickhead sometimes and a real piece of shit this poem is dedicated to someone very special to me that i acted childish and dumb towards and she absolutely means more to me than she could ever possibly know

im free stylin this off the top of my head so if it sucks im sorry

my head is spinning my heart is pounding im goin crazy longin for you
i feel so down, just so miserable wheni disappoint u the way i do

all u've ever done for me is everything i admire u for your strength
maybe one day ill figure out your secrets and become a better man

i can be such a bastard i deserve every bit of my pain
im such a fuckin loser and i dont deserve to even know your name

i dont know why i get so jealous and why im so immature
i do know how much i need u and thats bout all i know for sure

i sit here playin my guitar soloing a beautiful melody
i laugh thinkin of u pook how u are my every fantasy

this poem is my freestyle ill end it now i wont rhyme like i did the other night
i want to call and hear your voice so bad that will make everything all right

i get in my own way but let me assure u this much is true
i would walk thru the flames of hell for a month just to spend one day with u

if anyone thinks this is corny i apologize but understand
that the girl this is about makes me a complete man

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2004, 10:20:38 PM »

Wow, I've read so many great lyrics on here since my last visit.  There are a lot of talented people on this board.  D has some really honest songs -  he's kinda like the Leonard Cohen of HTGTH.  And Walk...you can say what you want about politics - I know a pro-fascist song won't exactly make him Mr. Popular - but "Let Me Feel Your Love" was just really funny to read.  I love a song with a bit of humour in it. ok

Here's my latest.  The music is very punk-pop, a lot like "Adam's Song" or something.  Based on a real experience, as you would probably guess.

Prom Night

The night's almost over
And I'm still alone
Everybody's leaving
But I don't want to go home
I saw you in the corner
You were dressed all in black
Slipped through my fingers
Will you ever come back?

It was only one night
But it happened to feel so right
It hurts to find you're wrong