Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar World Magazine- July 4th
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar World Magazine- July 4th  (Read 3172 times)
EFISH
« on: July 01, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

Ok, apparently this issue is coming out on July 4th and has a 7 page article about CD and 10 pages about the UYI tour.

The CD article says that Silkworms and Rhiad have been cut from CD.

UYI talks about how/why the band broke up.

ANyone know about this?

EDIT: GUNS N' ROSES
An inside look at the making of Chinese Democracy. PLUS How the 1992 Use Your Illusion tour contributed to Guns N' Roses' disintegration.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:04:37 PM by EFISH » Logged
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:03:15 PM »

first ive heard about it  Huh
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »

I think i saw this on the newstands and skimmed through it, but it didnt look like anything besides a rehash of what we already know.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »

A few of us on this board could write better articles about CD than the mags do

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 08:23:35 PM »

They probably got their info from websites and forums like this one.   yes

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »

I bet every newby here that starts a thread "sorry, I've been away for a while, could somoene tell me...." actually works for some music magazine.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 09:55:18 PM »

I read it.? There's two articles.? They're both actually pretty interesting.

The "orginal band" article is the most interesting.? Supposedly they spoke with several anonymous people from the UYI tours, who wouldn't go on record with their names, lest they incur the wrath of Axl.? ?The article is a good ten pages long, and id about various events that occurred during the tours, as I recall, with a focus on the european shows.? I also remember reading several new things that I had not heard before, though nothing of any great consequnce.

One story was about Axl insisting on taking a helicopter to a show, and due to the lack of a proper landing area, he ended up landing farther away than he when took off.

The article about Chinese Democracy gets several facts wrong (it mentions that Finck quit the band in 1999 but makes no mention of his return), so I I'd take the whole thing witha grain of salt.  There really is no new info, but it's a nice summary for someone not hooked on HTGTH.   Wink

Both articles tend a be a little anti-Axl, though the Chinese Democracy article does a 180 at the end, and says that Axl is trying to create the greatest rock album ever, etc. etc., and mentions that he will probably pull it off.

Both articles were enjoyable reads.? ?ok
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:00:50 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 10:03:08 PM »

sounds great to buy and read!!

i hope silkworms and riyad are off the cd...
loretian
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 10:06:03 PM »

The information reads like it was gathered off the Internet, though it's not as bad as a lot of the articles out there.  (The Finck error is the biggest mistake).  There is nothing to indicate they have anymore info than we have, and considering that it's been incorrectly reported that Rhiyad will not be on the album, I don't believe their claim holds any weight.

Of course, I'm looking forward to hearing Rhiyad on Chinese Democracy, so maybe I'm being overly-optimistic.   peace

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 11:30:57 PM »

Silkworms and Rhiad?  Looks like they just scooped up the stuff Dizzy said a while back and stuck it in the article.  Because we know Rhiad will be on CD.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 11:33:50 PM »

The information reads like it was gathered off the Internet, though it's not as bad as a lot of the articles out there. (The Finck error is the biggest mistake). There is nothing to indicate they have anymore info than we have, and considering that it's been incorrectly reported that Rhiyad will not be on the album, I don't believe their claim holds any weight.

Of course, I'm looking forward to hearing Rhiyad on Chinese Democracy, so maybe I'm being overly-optimistic. peace

Riyadh has to be on CD, Bumblefoot would not have learned it for this tour if it's not going to be on the album. You would think that on the biggest comeback tour ever they would not just be playing random ass songs, and would be playing songs from the biggest comeback album ever.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »

cansomeone scan it and post it up or maybe this website can put it in the articles section
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 12:01:17 AM »

cansomeone scan it and post it up or maybe this website can put it in the articles section

Oooo yeah that'd be sweet.  At least the one about CD.  ok

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
BrokenGlass
Headliner

Gonna call...

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 12:15:48 AM »

Silkworms and Rhiad?? Looks like they just scooped up the stuff Dizzy said a while back and stuck it in the article.? Because we know Rhiad will be on CD.

I thought Rhiad was only confirmed that it could be played during the tour? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, it'd be bitchin' if it does end up on CD.

Back on topic though. Loretian, does that mean the magazines out already then or do you have like a subscription and get it earlier?

"That was called 'Fucking off.' ...in G."
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 12:44:31 AM »

so i think im the only oe that likes silkworms?  i dont understand why.  i really dont.  it was cool.
loretian
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 12:45:08 AM »

Back on topic though. Loretian, does that mean the magazines out already then or do you have like a subscription and get it earlier?

My buddy has a subscription. ?I don't know if he gets it early or not, but it's the July issue, so I imagine it'll be out at newstands soon if it isn't already.

He's gone for the weekend, but when he gets back, if noone has scanned the article in yet, I'll scan it in.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 01:05:21 AM »

Silkworms and Rhiad?  Looks like they just scooped up the stuff Dizzy said a while back and stuck it in the article.  Because we know Rhiad will be on CD.

You know where Dizzy got the "pussy full of maggots" line in Silkworms from right Garry...? Yep. He met your mom. Sorry dude.

Bet you saw that coming from a million miles away too... haha. I love you man!!! its love... ok

EDIT: Silkworms and Rhaid rule!  peace

gnrevolution.com
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 01:16:20 AM »

That was good.

But you are REALLY off topic.  Your high post count must keep you from getting negative karma points.  And refrain from these types of jokes, that's what PM's are for.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 01:22:20 AM »

That was good.

But you are REALLY off topic.  Your high post count must keep you from getting negative karma points.  And refrain from these types of jokes, that's what PM's are for.

Haha that was good. Hey... your post count is the same as mine! nervous! What a prick! I started at the forums way before you! I MADE YOU! I demand a recall and recount of all your posts.... this guys been posting bullshit in the jungle for far too long!

Lets bring Garry down in '06.

gnrevolution.com
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 07:17:04 AM »

how does it knows that riyad will be on the album? in 2002 axl said they were playing the songs that wouldnt be on the album!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: