Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The only thing that will suck about a new Guns n' roses album
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only thing that will suck about a new Guns n' roses album  (Read 9905 times)
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2006, 09:55:20 AM »

Let's keep this civil guys!!! !

Agreed if the album is full of RatB's OMG's Silkworm style songs then to be honest it will be another CD in my pile!!

Fish
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 10:06:12 AM »

Good lord I hope not , It would be the greatest disappointment ever

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 10:07:16 AM »

I know but some people will not like it, it's not going to be a universal hit I'm sure of that, you wont get another AFD or anything because this has been thought of for a long time and GNR have changed. Let's hope that it has something for everyone, im sure it will!!

Fish
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 10:08:51 AM »

Silk Worms oh my god Riyadh And The Bedouins will not be on CD and hnow do we even fucking know if the leaks we heard were the final version, i would love to hear a studio version of maddy irs the blues and better and cd too.

bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 10:11:07 AM »

I have to doubt that Silkworms and OMG will be on CD. ?I just don't think they will.
Plus, we've only heard demos and live bootlegs, I'm sure people will be blown away at hearing Maddy and The Blues Live along with TWAT, etc. ?

Many people who will be buying CD haven't heard any of the new tunes...just people who are big fans and/or have been to a concert. ?I'm sure many many people aren't aware that AXL has a tune called the Blues.

Niko
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2006, 10:18:37 AM »

TWAT gave me hope, Blues and Maddy that 1 sec on the boston promo sounded awesome (it is only one sec lol)

THe only thing that worries me, is how much axl keeps changing the songs, when will he be satisfied :??:Huh??

Fish

i heard another promo that got at least 5 sec of chinese democracy  drool
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2006, 10:56:24 AM »

the songs that will def be on CD imo are

CD,Madagascar,The Blues, Better, Twat, Rhiad, and IRS and maybe CITR. I also have a funny feeling they are gonna throw their version of KOHD on there.

We have heard about 7 or 8 songs. Hopefully theres atleast 14 songs on the album. I would be happy with that. I wish they would stick to the original plan of like 15 songs and 10 extra tracks. That would have been cool

Prostitute, The General, and Thyme will more than likely also be on CD.

So hopefully theres a good 6+ songs we havnt heard yet. Also the album versions of the new songs will also give it a new feel too. So its not like we completely have heard this album.

I think IRS, CD, Rhiad, TWAT, Madagascar will all sound even better on the album. Even though the promos for Maddy and CD were a couple of seconds, they sounded great back in 02 on that commercial. Production wise

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
bitch_slap_rappin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

I think the album will be a killer record. Axl's ambitions are so high, this will be another GNR classic.  Impossible of course to do another AFD, rather like UYI, except that it will be one album instead of two with maybe a follow-up the next year.  I imagine something like hypnotize/mesmerize by SOAD, maybe a little longer between the albums.

If he chooses to include both The Blues and Maddy, I guess there will be more songs like IRS and not many more "slower songs".
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2006, 02:05:48 PM »

Now you understand why the band isn't doing anymore new unreleased songs on the tour.  We've heard quite a few already.  I think it would suck if the album came out with ALL songs we've previously heard - either from a leak or live version.  So I think once the album's released, we'll probably get to hear about 6 or 7 songs we've never heard before.  Remember too that Axl did say that not everyone is going to like all the songs anyways.   

cybercurves
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »

This "album" might not be worth the wait but I know I deserve to have to have it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2006, 02:21:50 PM »

Axl should pick the 12-15 best songs and put them on CD reguardless if we have heard them or not.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 02:28:59 PM »

Axl should pick the 12-15 best songs and put them on CD reguardless if we have heard them or not.

That is how I feel. If CD doesn't do well commercially, I suspect we won't see anymore GNR records, so it is vital to do everything humanly possible to make it seem like this entire process was a worthwile proposition.

"Good" songs are not going to cut it, the songs need to be great. Out of the 8-10 new ones we have heard, maybe 1-2 have the potential to be talked about in the same breath as Guns greatest and most popular songs. That ratio needs to be much much higher for this project to be considered a success.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »

That is how I feel. If CD doesn't do well commercially, I suspect we won't see anymore GNR records, so it is vital to do everything humanly possible to make it seem like this entire process was a worthwile proposition.

"Good" songs are not going to cut it, the songs need to be great. Out of the 8-10 new ones we have heard, maybe 1-2 have the potential to be talked about in the same breath as Guns greatest and most popular songs. That ratio needs to be much much higher for this project to be considered a success.

I talked to a friend two weeks ago I have not seen in a while and he joke so is Axls album coming out anytime soon. I said Yes he said this fall. My friend said, well the thing about his album is going to be unless its perfect most people are going to say its not that good since it took him so long to put it out. That is how a lot of people are going to view this album IMO, the songs could be great but its not going to be good enough because it has been so long since this band started working on it which is really unfair since an album should be judged on how good teh songs are not how long they have taken.

I had my brother listen to the new songs (irs, twat, citr and better) and he said these are what axl had been working on for all these years. He said IRS sounded llke the best song of the bunch.

I really think TWAT could be the next Nov Rain when its all finished. I think that song has some kick ass guitar melodies and solos and could be one of gnrs best.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 02:36:52 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Olorin
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

What I dont understand is that axl says that the album is coming out this year, and he also says that it is still not finished.

How can he finish it this year when he is fully booked up for most of the year with live concerts, when he couldnt even wrap it up over the last 5 years when he was sitting around twiddling his cornrows?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »

What I dont understand is that axl says that the album is coming out this year, and he also says that it is still not finished.

How can he finish it this year when he is fully booked up for most of the year with live concerts, when he couldnt even wrap it up over the last 5 years when he was sitting around twiddling his cornrows?

He said the order and the songs are not finalized yet

Olorin
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 03:39:19 PM »

Oh right.

What did he mean by this then?

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

Rolling Stone

mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 10:33:10 PM »

can't wait

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 10:39:37 PM »

The multi song thing doesnt surprise me, GnR was performing a lot more than 12 songs back before Appetite was released, so Axl having a lot of songs being worked on and performing songs that wont be on the cd does not surprise me.  I am worried though  that by the time the cd drops all the songs will have been heard and many people will have had time to find them all online and not many people will go buy the album.  I mean truthfully, 90% of the people I know do not buy albums anymore and if they do it is from their #1 favorite band.  If Axl keeps leaking songs on the internet most people will have them and so even if there is a new hit, the album will still underperform.  Regardless of how good the album is it will still sell less than if GNR had released new material in 1995 because too many people dl music now.  Record companies expect that now, but since 13 mil has already been poured into this album over the years (starting before the napster boom) there really is no hope for the cd to break even.  The best hope is that it comes close and a 2nd cd with much less cost winds up making a large profit and that the tours bring in a lot of money.
Edicius
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2006, 03:55:10 AM »

Axl has said that they have over 70 songs...there is a good chance that we will get some new songs.  I would like a studio version of the current KOHD, although I doubt that will happen Wink
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »

Like stated before, Axl said he has over 30 some songs (number may be wrong) to choose from to put onto CD and the CD's after that. I'm sure Axl, being the perfectionist he is, will have the best tracks on the album, because we've had to wait this long, so Axl just wants the best songs to be on it.

Hopefully he doesn't make any mistakes by putting a Silkworm type of song on there!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: