Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The only thing that will suck about a new Guns n' roses album
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The only thing that will suck about a new Guns n' roses album  (Read 9898 times)
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« on: July 01, 2006, 08:34:43 AM »

is that we have heard 10 of the possible songs already and if the album comes out with 12-15 songs , we could maybe hear only 2 to 5 new songs.

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
Better
There Was A Time
Catcher in the Rye
IRS
Silk Worms
oh my god
Riyadh And The Bedouins

Not complaining just hoping that there are about 20 songs on the next disk

I know it will be cool because they will be studio versions and who knows he may not use half of these songs on the list above

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:38:25 AM »

I'll be honest I like the new band, but if these songs are only on CD, the only songs that excite me are TWAT, Blues and MADDY. The others in my opinion are average although TWAT is a masterpiece!

Fish
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »

i know I guess I will be a little disappointed if this is the case, since I heard them already

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 08:54:05 AM »

Fair point, Im only interested in TWAT, IRS, and maybe The Blues. The rest I could happily live without.

Looking at that list of songs, is it really worth the wait?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »

i'll bet my life on it that Silk Worms oh my god and Riyadh And The Bedouins are not on the album so we'll have at least 6 new songs to listen to.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 08:58:54 AM »

hope your right I hate those 3 anyway

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 09:03:02 AM »

Got to give ema a chance cause a) we heard the songs a while back (part from CHIN DEM) and b) they could have changed a lot!!!!

Fish
Origen
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 09:03:40 AM »

i'll bet my life on it that Silk Worms oh my god and Riyadh And The Bedouins are not on the album so we'll have at least 6 new songs to listen to.

If Riyadh wasn't going to be on CD then why have it on a setlist, although they havn't played it lvie this tour it's still on a possible list to play. Why think about playing a song to the audience which won't be on the album.

Looking at that list of songs, is it really worth the wait?

No album is worth waiting this length of time, no matter who wrote it or which band it was, CD will never live up to the hype because it has the "over 10 years in the making" tag attached to it.
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 09:06:07 AM »

If Riyadh wasn't going to be on CD then why have it on a setlist, although they havn't played it lvie this tour it's still on a possible list to play. Why think about playing a song to the audience which won't be on the album.

They're playing a bunch of songs that won't be on the album.
Origen
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »

They're playing a bunch of songs that won't be on the album.

Example being? how do you know they won't be on the album which ever song your reffering to, which songs from the 2006 tour have they played that "won't be on the album"?
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »

So then the next question is it worth the wait??

for me it is , how about u guys

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 09:11:56 AM »

I'll be honest I like the new band, but if these songs are only on CD, the only songs that excite me are TWAT, Blues and MADDY. The others in my opinion are average although TWAT is a masterpiece!

Fish

?I agree with the 4th screen name listed here: ?Onefish, Twofish, Scaredfish, Bravefish! ?Gott a love Doc Seuss. ?Grin
 ?There Was a Time is a masterpiece. ?One thing surprises me though, Better doesn't excite you? ?Pump that shit loud on your car stereo on a nice hot summer drive and follow it up with IRS and you can't go wrong! ? yes
 ?I'd be surprised if OMG no and Silkworms crying were on CD.

?PS ?I just saw Loco88 post, "is it worth the wait?" ?That's for you to decide...personally, I believe in this band. ?You may not. ?To each his own. ?peace?

PS2 Not to be a hater or anything, but, no, mrgnrdvd you don't have Rhiad. ?or maddy. ?or the blues. or for that matter any of the new songs off Chinese Democracy. ?(OMG is the only official song off that list, and yes, it may have been worked on since its 1st release) ?You've heard demos and live versions just like the rest of us. ?Flash back to the '80's and take a listen to the Appetite demos. ?Then do the same with the Illusions in the '90's. ?Listen to the demos and then the raw live performances and tell me you're hearing the greatest thing since sliced bread. ?Keep an open mind. ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 09:14:35 AM »

no I can't wait for the album,. i will just suck because there won't be a whole new cd of songs I haven't heard

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 09:15:24 AM »

It's been said in the past they have a whole bunch of songs, not sure an exact number but enough to fill up 3 albums. ?I'm sure Axl will split up the songs we've already heard. ?No Silkworms, Ryiahd, Oh My God, or CITR since they haven't played it yet. ?I'd expect I.R.S, Better, The Blues, CD, and Maddy though. ?So 5 songs out of 12-14. ?You'll still get 7-9 unheard songs. ?That's fine with me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 09:16:01 AM »

The album has been scrutinized, criticised and mocked beyond belief so it most likely will not be worth the wait. It will always be compared to the proper line up no matter what, so its going to fail on some levels at least. Especially if Silkworms etc are on it.

Whos to say that aside from the songs we've heard so far we wont just be treated to a bunch of Pittmann mangled electronic stinkers. No one knows! At least TWAT will be on it. Great song.

We can but wait and see.

Should be a laugh if nothing else.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »

TWAT gave me hope, Blues and Maddy that 1 sec on the boston promo sounded awesome (it is only one sec lol)

THe only thing that worries me, is how much axl keeps changing the songs, when will he be satisfied :??:Huh??

Fish
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 09:36:29 AM »

The album has been scrutinized, criticised and mocked beyond belief so it most likely will not be worth the wait. It will always be compared to the proper line up no matter what, so its going to fail on some levels at least. Especially if Silkworms etc are on it.

Oh no!  Shocked  Do you always follow the pack Locomotive88?  It's been scrutinized, criticized, and mocked???  Oh no!  You are tempting me to venture into the negative karma world...but I won't let you win.  I will be the stronger.  Grin

Real Guns fans don't give a fuck what other people think.  Now go run along with the cool kids Loco88.   Kiss   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 09:39:29 AM »

I guess we will see all the songs in some light otherwise they wouldnt play them the only ones im not sure about are RatB, Silk and OMG.

The others should be cool but i'd be happy with an album lol Smiley

Fish
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2006, 09:46:44 AM »

yeah to be honest the only songs I really like are TWAT and Madagascar although after hearing IRS for million of times I?m starting to like it. In my opinion, if these are the songs to be in the album it?ll be:

1) a poor damn album that ppl will listen to and think it has nothing to do with GN?R

or

2) a damn great album with  new music, new style u kno that ppl will love and learn to like.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2006, 09:54:04 AM »

Oh no!? Shocked? Do you always follow the pack Locomotive88?? It's been scrutinized, criticized, and mocked?Huh Oh no!? You are tempting me to venture into the negative karma world...but I won't let you win.? I will be the stronger.? Grin

Real Guns fans don't give a fuck what other people think.? Now go run along with the cool kids Loco88.? ?Kiss? ?

Well you seem to care what I think so are you not a 'Real Guns Fan'? Obviously not.

If I followed the pack I'd be like the rest of the Axl worshipping sheep. I have objective opinions my friend. Can you cope with that?

In my opinion, CD wont be worth the wait if it has songs like Rhiad and Silkworms on it. Nuff said.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: