Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security Guard: "Axl was going to kill me"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security Guard: "Axl was going to kill me"  (Read 14158 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2006, 11:53:07 PM »

Whatever dude.  Obviously everyone has their own opinions.  Personally I think this is a non issue and we should all just let it be.  Axl's a pussy.  Axl's a hero.  Whatever.  It's over and done with.  The most blown out of proportion event in rock history.  Let's move on and talk about the music for once.  Seriously, give it a rest.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2006, 12:05:31 AM »

This IS rock and roll.? They don't quite live like us.? You need to realize this.? Maybe this seems a little out of the ordinary for those of us who go to work 9-5 and come home to the wife and kids everyday.? That's not what a rock star does.? They live a completely different life.?

What's Rock n' Roll about getting your ass handed to you by a security guard while arguing with your personal nanny in a Swedish hotel lobby?? I think we're seeing Axl at one of his lowest points here.? Also, he is 44 years old.? While some here think this means Axl's still a bad ass, the only thing it proves is that Axl is still a prima donna.? What's bad ass about getting yourself squashed by a security guard and throwing a tantrum, threatening to fire everyone around you??? Apparently, his bodyguard felt he was in the wrong... didn't exactly come to his rescue...

Axl got "Squashed"  by the security guard??   Then why did the Security Gaurd say that Axl was going to kill him and that Axl was "strong"??  This guy says he might sue lol.   Doesn't seem  like the comments from  someone that just got done "squashing" somebody.    Do all these newbies that come here to bash Axl come fromm Metal Sludge and Blabbermouth??   get the fuck out !!!!!!
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »

Axl got "Squashed"? by the security guard???

Well, obviously he did, because he was still on the ground when the police arrived.? Sure, Axl was drunk and felt ten feet tall and bulletproof, so I'm sure he continued to fight it, but he was contained.? According to the security guard, he was attacked by Axl.? So I am assuming that's why he's considering a suit...? ?in any case, he contained Axl and by keeping him on the ground until the police arrived, I'd say he was squashed.
XpyroX
Opening Act

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2006, 12:38:10 AM »

"Yes, he was intoxicated, by alcohol or something."

uhhh NO SHIT!!
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2006, 01:05:41 AM »

I see this whole thing as a non-issue really.

Axl was drunk and being loud. Yelling at beta because we usually always treat the people we love with less respect than strangers. The security guard tried to talk to axl, axl flipped out. The security guard tried to get beta to calm axl down and axl got paternal and felt he was threatening beta and FREAKED THE FUCK OUT... throwing the vase and getting hostile.

In a fucked up way it makes sense to me. AXL was drunk as fuck and was taking out his emotions on Beta (feeling rejected because there was no party for him even though he was 6 hours late)... He is probably use to Beta nuturing his volatile emotions because as far as I can tell thats her job. The security guard probably took offense to his hostile behavior and tried to calm him. When that didn't work he thought he'd ask beta to calm axl down.

Axl perceived it as a threat to Beta and went ape shit because he was drunk as fuck and started breaking shit. The security guard did his job and stopped any more damage. Axl bite him because he was getting choked and didn't know what else to do.

In the end. A drunken brawl... no one got hurt, axl paid his fine and its over.

Was axl a drunken dumb ass.... probably. Does he think he was... probably not because he is used to people catering to his emotions.

Is axl bad ass.... probably just spoiled.... do i still think he's cool... fucking rights...is he perfect... fuck no.. do I care.... Sure don't

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2006, 01:08:41 AM »

I see this whole thing as a non-issue really.

Of course, you do... it really doesn't fit into your agenda.  I'm glad to be here talking about Guns N' Roses, but let's please make an honest presentation and not sweep things under the doormat like they never occured...
Malibu
Opening Act

there's a method to this madness...

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2006, 01:09:07 AM »

well personally, i'm not all that surprised that something like this happened. ?I mean, Axl will be Axl, and he has always caused a stir and his share of controversy. ?Ok, so he got in a row with a security guard, but he's done worse. ?This just shows that the old Axl is still there.. i'm neither approving or disapproving of his behavior - he is Axl, plain and simple. ?But seriously, like mentioned above, this incident has been blow way out of proportion. ?Some will be on the security guard's side, and others will defend Axl no matter what. ?Me, i love Axl, but it never really came as a shock - i was expecting something like this. ?At least everything is under control and he is back on the tour.

Another note..
The swedish legal system don't believe in over compensation. The security guard will only get compensated for medical costs, lost of income and such things.

i just have to say, i totally agree with the Swedish legal system on that. ?What the security guard said was true.. if this had happened in the states, then he would be rich. ?That drives me crazy.. how can people be go god damn sue crazy!! rant ?if something like that happened to me, no matter who it was, i would not try to milk it for what its worth.. its ridiculous.. unrelated to whatever i said above, but i just had to comment.. haha hihi

funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns
and just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky one...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2006, 01:16:58 AM »

what?s the chances we get some pics by the cam of the hotel?
 Grin

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2006, 01:19:06 AM »

I don't understand something. ?This guy was doing his job so I would consider this kind of thing an occupational hazard.
You know...dealing with unruly patrons of the hotel would be part of his job. ?Right?

He wasn't actually hurt...yes, he suffered a bite that didn't break the skin. ?Otherwise, how was he hurt? ?I just don't understand what there is to sue over. ?Of course, I'm not a sue-happy person (even though I live in the U.S. ? hihi ?not all of us are like that). ?So, is he going for emotional trauma? ?I could see him getting some $ if he'd had to be hospitalized and lost income...but not for this. ? Huh

I agree that the incident seems crazy, but inebriated people sometimes do crazy things. ?Doesn't make it right, but shit happens. ?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2006, 01:22:56 AM »

keep checking the rare pics of Axl thread! Cheesy

what?s the chances we get some pics by the cam of the hotel?
 Grin

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2006, 01:25:15 AM »

all in the name of defending your hero - you are by far the most creative of the apologists on this forum!

I find it eccentric there are still people concocting these imbecilities in the name of a man who is responsible for fairly recent stunts, such as: Vancouver and Philadelphia 2002.? He could really give a fuck about what the common fan thinks of him, so why go out of your way to make excuses for him??? At the very least, you don't have to bash him publically, but call a fucking spade a spade for fuck's sake!

Im not sure if you are directing this at me as your message seems somewhat mixed?

if so, please re-read my post as I feel yoiu may have taken it in the wrong context

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2006, 01:49:11 AM »

Im not sure if you are directing this at me as your message seems somewhat mixed?

if so, please re-read my post as I feel yoiu may have taken it in the wrong context

No, I was expounding on what you had written earlier.  I agree with you 100%.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2006, 02:09:49 AM »

It's funny, Looking, you accuse others of altering things to fit their agenda, when you've been doing the same thing.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2006, 02:31:53 AM »

Listen, I don't give a shit about this whole "fight". Couldn't care less. Are there people here that will take up for Axl no matter what? Yes, of course. But the fact remains there are people who will put him down no matter what. And they are just as God damn annoying, if not more so. And when you completely ignore the security guards statement, that he didn't really know what to do, and allowed Axl  to get up after the struggle and throw shit around the lobby, but make it seem like he was "squashed" you are no better than anyone else. So you're not calling a spade a spade. Look at the title of the article. Right now, you're just another basher..... But since you're new you can prove me wrong on that.

And the last time I checked, this isn't the first time he's gone to jail over something like this. This isn't a new Axl, and there's really no need for him to change. This is who he is, and who he will always be. And this is how he was when you first started digging GNR.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 02:34:41 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2006, 07:45:40 AM »

I'm really surprised you'd say this, Jarmo, considering their are countless other bands that are not total corporate sellouts like Bon Jovi, who seem to be able to refrain from acting like assholes to most everybody they come into contact with in their daily lives.? You're defending Axl's behavior, not because you think what Axl did is OK, only because you love Axl so much no matter what he does, he's still God to you.

Are you saying there are no real rock bands that don't pull childish shit like this?? Whether in Sweden or in the U.S., Axl Rose broke the law and it wasn't even questionable.? He had to be tamed by a bouncer and drug away by police.? In the very least, its a very embarrassing situation to be in.? There's really no positive way to spin this.? I guess the ones here who keep saying: "Axl's still a bad ass!" think its really cool to get taken down by a bouncer and drug away by police, all the while threatening to fire your loyal employees around you.....? yeah, that's real Rock n' Roll...

I'm not defending his or anybody else's actions. I'm just not pointing fingers in any direction because I really don't know exactly what happened. Pointing fingers and slagging somebody off doesn't make my life any better so why bother? It happened, Axl was arrested, he paid the fine and was released. The Swedish authorities are not after him anymore. The only ones who are after him now are some of his fans.

Axl broke the law, he admitted it and paid the fine. Some of you seem to want him in jail and want to make the security guy into a hero.

Look, he took his punishment. Isn't that enough?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2006, 07:47:51 AM »

Oh c'mon, I would be pissed off too if my name would be Pascal H?kansson rofl

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2006, 10:08:31 AM »

'I'm gonna fuck your life up,'

This one just gotta be added to Axl's classics or something rofl

The whole babbling about this issue its just plain ridiculous to me, have you never been drunk and loud?, havent u ever broke the law?, just because Axl is a public person has to be perfect and a saint?

WHO THE FUCK ARE ANY OF YOU TO JUDGING HIM OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO ACT LIKE A HUMAN BEING AND SOMETIMES MAKE MISTAKES? rant

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
makane
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2006, 10:19:24 AM »

The whole babbling about this issue its just plain ridiculous to me, have you never been drunk and loud?, havent u ever broke the law?, just because Axl is a public person has to be perfect and a saint?

WHO THE FUCK ARE ANY OF YOU TO JUDGING HIM OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO ACT LIKE A HUMAN BEING AND SOMETIMES MAKE MISTAKES? rant
If I get drunk and break the law, I get punished for it, not praised as some "cool thing" to do.
It's so wrong that some of you think what Axl did was "the best thing to do and he was completely right"...
And I don't see people here saying Axl should be a SAINT/PERFECT?

Classic line 'cause he has power and money to ruin a avarage-joes life who did nothing wrong?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »

If I get drunk and break the law, I get punished for it, not praised as some "cool thing" to do.
It's so wrong that some of you think what Axl did was "the best thing to do and he was completely right"...

Classic line 'cause he has power and money to ruin a avarage-joes life who did nothing wrong?

Am I saying is cool? Im just saying NONE of us has the moral to judge anybodys actions and that rant was made in a moment of anger and being drunk, do you really think he would give that poor security person the importance like to fuck up his life? COME ON!

Dont any of you have EVER said something like that to anyone who made you mad while being drunk? Roll Eyes

He made a mistake a paid for it spending time in jail and with paying the fine yes
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:34:44 AM by Sweet » Logged

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
makane
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2006, 10:39:53 AM »

Am I saying is cool? Im just saying NONE of us has the moral to judge anybodys actions and that rant was made in a moment of anger and being drunk, do you really think he would give that poor security person the importance like to fuck up his life? COME ON!

Dont any of you have EVER said something like that to anyone who made you mad while being drunk? Roll Eyes

He made a mistake a paid for it spending time in jail and with paying the fine yes
No I didn't think he would "fuck up hes life", but I also didn't think it was a "classic"? Wink
I didn't want point to you about saying it's cool what the did, but some of the people here think it was.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: