Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:41:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security Guard: "Axl was going to kill me"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security Guard: "Axl was going to kill me"  (Read 14163 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »

Ima write the security guard a get well soon card, he must be mentally traumitized.. I mean... he "feared for his life." rofl
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

15 minutes of fame
14 minutes of fame
13 minutes of fame etc.

Hope he enjoys his time in the spotlight.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2006, 03:46:14 PM »

There appears to be a few gaps in the story:

Why did Axl push him? What did the security guard do to warrant the physical reaction?

Why did Axl bite him? What di the security guard do to cause axl's teeth to clamp down on his flesh?

The man is painting himself as a victim. I would really? need to know exactly what he tried to get Axl to do before making a judgment.
Why did Axl push him? What did the security guard do to warrant the physical reaction?
Axl was drunk and angry.

Why did Axl bite him? What di the security guard do to cause axl's teeth to clamp down on his flesh?
As he said, they were wrestling after Axl pushed him, so probably somewhere during the wrestling he bited him.

The man is painting himself as a victim.
Yep. Im sure the guard just? attacked Axl (maybe 'cause delay of Chinese Democracy?)

I'm sorry but that is still vague. What exactly escalated the encounter ?. Drunk and angry isn't enough of a rationalization to fully believe that we are reading.
I think drunk and angry explains a lot.  People get killed all the time by others who are so drunk and out of control, and I don't mean in drunk driving accidents.  I absolutely believe that the guard could have feared for his life, and not just because it was Axl he was up against. 
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »

Fuck with the man? It's more like Axl was trying fuck with everyone else. So Security told him to quiet down! Security did nothing wrong. I don't know who Axl thinks he is, but he better calm down before one day he gets bitch slapped like he deserves.

I agree it was probably Axl's fault mainly - maybe the bouncer made it worse with how he dealt with it (we'll never know).

However, I've noticed from this account like many other incidents back in the day that it would be kinda hard to give Axl a "bitch slapping"  hihi

@#$%Funker
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 04:51:45 PM »

According to my Italian friend, when she and other Italian are deep in chatting in Italian, other people (in England) often take them to be shouting at each other furiously. Italians tend to speak sonorously with very pronounced intonations like in singing.

To my knowledge, Scandinavian intonation is relatively flat and calm. Am I right?
It's not hard to imagine how wrongly someone unfamiliar with foreign people could take an American raising his voice early in the morning, especially when he was a rock singer with a well trained amazing voice and globally notorious as a 'unruly frontman' of 'the most dangerous band in the world'.

It's more like Axl was trying fuck with everyone else.

That's what the security guy says and very questionable.
BrokenGlass
Headliner

Gonna call...

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »

I find it funny how bias some of you are just because it's Axl. Are you telling you're so die-hard you'd get off on having Axl assault you? Please.

"That was called 'Fucking off.' ...in G."
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »

Was this the same security guard in Tommy Boy who so courageously handed over this gun after being accosted from the shadows and hit on the head with a hammer many times?

There are a few gaps in this man's story.
Damn! I laughed my ass off after reading your post, I thought the exact same thing!!!

I smell complete bullshit! This guy is happy he is getting some cheap publisity out of this. If he was any type of bouncer, bodyguard he would know how to handle a angry drunk, no matter how strong he is. As for Axl going to kill what was he gonna do? Bite off his fingers and let him lay there and bleed to death. This dude is happy he's on a pedistol and getting attention hell he got a week of work for getting bit.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2006, 05:43:49 PM »

The fact that he mentioned that he would be a millionaire if this happened in the US, is all we need to know about him.  He's a douche.  He should know how to handle an unruly drunk if he's been doing this for years.  Though Axl needs to calm the fuck down.  Relax!

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2006, 05:46:43 PM »

Axl must've been trying to take quite the chunk out of this guy's leg.? "Going to kill me" sounds a weeeee bit over the top from what we've heard.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 05:51:59 PM »

god of course this man just wants his 10 minutes of fame and all of that like the money involved, so yeah he might have lied on some things but let?s just not put axl as just innocent. In my view both Axl and the security man are blamed for this situation whether the security guy was just  seeking his opportunity to get some cash or axl was really fucked up by drinks and more drinks u kno...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

The man did an interview and so many people are acting like that's proof that he is a fame hungry monster.
And I think that comment about becoming a millionare if this happened in the US was more of a criticism of the US legal system and the perceived litigious nature of its citizens, than his wish that this did happen in the US so he could cash out. 
Obviously the papers wanted to talk to him to get his version of the events, and that is all anybody has, THEIR version of events as they believe how it happened to them. 
At times, Axl's version of the truth seems to be somewhat subjective and skewed. 
Bono
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »

I wasn't going to comment but I feel ?I must now....

This guy sounds like a flake. Whether or not his story is true he sounds like a baby. "hey everyone look at me, Axl bit me and I thought I was gonna die" Gimmie ?freaking break. he thought Axl was gonna kill him? That's too much. Axl's a flake for flipping the way he did and this guys a loser for dramatizing it the way he is. ?"Axl was gonna kill me!" rofl ?This story blows now because it's a bunch of babies fighting and pointing fingers. ?One guy acted like a drunken idiot and one guy couldn't do his job. Oh and the Police used excessive force. yeah right Roll Eyes. Throw them all in jail!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 06:05:50 PM by Bono » Logged
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »

The man did an interview and so many people are acting like that's proof that he is a fame hungry monster.
And I think that comment about becoming a millionare if this happened in the US was more of a criticism of the US legal system and the perceived litigious nature of its citizens, than his wish that this did happen in the US so he could cash out.?
Obviously the papers wanted to talk to him to get his version of the events, and that is all anybody has, THEIR version of events as they believe how it happened to them.?
At times, Axl's version of the truth seems to be somewhat subjective and skewed.?
By Axl I assume you mean his manager since Axl hasnt really said anything about the incident except make a few jokes.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2006, 06:35:27 PM »

And I think that comment about becoming a millionare if this happened in the US was more of a criticism of the US legal system and the perceived litigious nature of its citizens, than his wish that this did happen in the US so he could cash out.?
Obviously the papers wanted to talk to him to get his version of the events, and that is all anybody has, THEIR version of events as they believe how it happened to them.?
At times, Axl's version of the truth seems to be somewhat subjective and skewed.?
By Axl I assume you mean his manager since Axl hasnt really said anything about the incident except make a few jokes.
I mean Axl... Merck would not say anything without Axl's approval.  And I'm not saying that as if I personally know Merck or what he would and wouldn't do in life.  I'm saying that as management, he's not going to make a statement without getting approval from the client he is representing. 
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:01 PM »

This fucker is just saying this shit before he goes ahead and sues Axl. He's going to try and cash in on this incident guaranfuckingteed. Just another little person on a power trip. Axl should have thrown the vase at this fuckers head.
Annie
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2006, 09:29:43 PM »

This fucker is just saying this shit before he goes ahead and sues Axl. He's going to try and cash in on this incident guaranfuckingteed. Just another little person on a power trip.
I totally agree.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2006, 10:54:21 PM »

Haha, being a kickboxer and taking kickboxing are two different things.  In kickboxing class for instance they teach you to take wide swings for punches because those provide a stronger arobic workout...try punching a real person with semi circular swings...it wont get the desired result.  Fact is Axl has always struck me as an emotional guy who shot from the hip.  He wasnt going to meet Vince anywhere, but would have hit Vince if he saw him and had that thought in his head.  Just like this security officer incident, its a spur of a moment, wrong place wrong time incident.  Axl's "crimes" havent been well thought out malicious acts, but usually intoxicated and impulsive.    Therefore, while I think Axl would have beaten Vinces ass, I do not think he would have had a planned fight, because that doesnt seem to be his style.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2006, 11:04:36 PM »

If he could act normal I would be here defending him.

I bet you wouldn't. Then you'd be here saying how he's boring like Bon Jovi. ?hihi

/jarmo

I'm really surprised you'd say this, Jarmo, considering their are countless other bands that are not total corporate sellouts like Bon Jovi, who seem to be able to refrain from acting like assholes to most everybody they come into contact with in their daily lives.? You're defending Axl's behavior, not because you think what Axl did is OK, only because you love Axl so much no matter what he does, he's still God to you.

Are you saying there are no real rock bands that don't pull childish shit like this?? Whether in Sweden or in the U.S., Axl Rose broke the law and it wasn't even questionable.? He had to be tamed by a bouncer and drug away by police.? In the very least, its a very embarrassing situation to be in.? There's really no positive way to spin this.? I guess the ones here who keep saying: "Axl's still a bad ass!" think its really cool to get taken down by a bouncer and drug away by police, all the while threatening to fire your loyal employees around you.....? yeah, that's real Rock n' Roll...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2006, 11:17:43 PM »

If he could act normal I would be here defending him.

I bet you wouldn't. Then you'd be here saying how he's boring like Bon Jovi. ?hihi

/jarmo

I'm really surprised you'd say this, Jarmo, considering their are countless other bands that are not total corporate sellouts like Bon Jovi, who seem to be able to refrain from acting like assholes to most everybody they come into contact with in their daily lives.? You're defending Axl's behavior, not because you think what Axl did is OK, only because you love Axl so much no matter what he does, he's still God to you.

Are you saying there are no real rock bands that don't pull childish shit like this?? Whether in Sweden or in the U.S., Axl Rose broke the law and it wasn't even questionable.? He had to be tamed by a bouncer and drug away by police.? In the very least, its a very embarrassing situation to be in.? There's really no positive way to spin this.? I guess the ones here who keep saying: "Axl's still a bad ass!" think its really cool to get taken down by a bouncer and drug away by police, all the while threatening to fire your loyal employees around you.....? yeah, that's real Rock n' Roll...

This story has gotten so overblown it's not even funny.  Reading the posts on this forum you'd think this would be world national news.  Front page of every major newspaper.  It's not.  It's barely been a blip on the radar screen.  I was hoping it'd get the band more press, but that hasn't happened.  You people against Axl in this situation, you have you're right but ease up.  The man didn't kill anyone.  Not even close.  Alright so a bite to the leg may not be the coolest thing ever accomplished in rock and roll history.  Was peeing on the Alamo cool?  Was destroying one's drum kit and nearly damaging your bandmates hearing cool (Keith Moon)?  Is O'd'ing cool?  Threating to kill your wife?  Killing your girlfriend?  Trashing hotel rooms?  Beating up fans who have paid to see you play?  You people need to take a step back and roll with the punches.  This IS rock and roll.  They don't quite live like us.  You need to realize this.  Maybe this seems a little out of the ordinary for those of us who go to work 9-5 and come home to the wife and kids everyday.  That's not what a rock star does.  They live a completely different life.  Am I saying that's alright, not exactly.  But I can accept it.  And you should be able to as well.  Seriously, give this one a rest.  I'm sick of all the complaints about this situation.  It's been talked to death.  It's over and done with.  Let's move on and keep on rockin'.  And may Axl take down any security guard that stands in his way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

This IS rock and roll.? They don't quite live like us.? You need to realize this.? Maybe this seems a little out of the ordinary for those of us who go to work 9-5 and come home to the wife and kids everyday.? That's not what a rock star does.? They live a completely different life.?

What's Rock n' Roll about getting your ass handed to you by a security guard while arguing with your personal nanny in a Swedish hotel lobby?? I think we're seeing Axl at one of his lowest points here.? Also, he is 44 years old.? While some here think this means Axl's still a bad ass, the only thing it proves is that Axl is still a prima donna.? What's bad ass about getting yourself squashed by a security guard and throwing a tantrum, threatening to fire everyone around you??? Apparently, his bodyguard felt he was in the wrong... didn't exactly come to his rescue...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:50:42 PM by LookingThruThisPOV » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: