Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Security Guard: "Axl was going to kill me"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Security Guard: "Axl was going to kill me"  (Read 14157 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: June 30, 2006, 09:17:56 AM »

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=54431

Security Guard: 'AXL ROSE Was Going To Kill Me' - June 30, 2006
The hotel security guard who was involved in a brawl with GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose the morning after the band's concert in Stockholm, Sweden has broken his silence on the incident.

Pascal H?kansson (photo#1, photo#2), 25, who was working his fourth day as a security guard at the Berns hotel when he was allegedly assaulted by Rose, spoke exclusively to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet about the Tuesday morning (June 27) altercation.

"Axl came alone to the hotel and went up to his room," H?kansson said. "He came back again in the company of some sort of coordinator ? an older woman, who was his 'mom.'"

According to Pascal, what was about to happen turned out to be the most bizarre thing he's experienced in his five years as a security guard.

"Axl was pissed off because people had left him alone at some party," Pascal said. "He was loaded, in a bad mood and started cursing at the woman. When he started banging on the walls, I approached him and asked him to lower his voice."

When Axl ignored him, the security guard approached the assistant instead.

"Then Axl turned around and pushed me in my chest and neck," H?kansson said.

How hard?

"I totally lost balance. I wasn't prepared and I had to kneel for a moment in order to be able to remain standing. Then he jumped me and started fighting. I had to fend off a few punches, on my arms, for instance. Then I got hold of his neck and got him down on the ground. We wrestled for about a minute; he was strong."

And that's when he bit you?

"Yeah, but it wasn't until afterwards that I felt it. When you get such a rush of adrenaline, you don't feel anything. He could have had Hepatitis B or something. It was very uncomfortable. In general, it's disgusting to bite people."

When you were lying there on the ground, were you able to get both his arms in a lock?

"No, it wasn't possible. He was wild. He was totally wild. He was gonna kill me. 'I'm gonna fuck your life up,' he screamed."

At the same time as Axl Rose's bodyguard came down to the lobby, the reception called the police.

"Axl was stark-raving mad," Pascal continued. "The bodyguard tried to calm him down, but Axl threatened to fire him if he intervened. That's when he threw a vase into an antique mirror."

How did Axl look?

"He had a crazy, disturbing look."

Was he intoxicated?

"Yes, he was intoxicated, by alcohol or something."

At 7:45 a.m., four policemen with their batons drawn entered Berns hotel.

"He was still bouncing up and down screaming that he was gonna make my life a living hell," Pascal said.

What happened to you when the police detained Axl and drove away to the police station?

"I was upset. I sat down and talked to the staff at the reception. One of the girls was sad after what had happened. I wrote a report. Then the police called and wanted me to go to the hospital."

What did they check you out for at the hospital?

"If my skin had broken, but it hadn't. It was mostly a superficial wound."

Did you have time to be afraid? According to you, he seemed to be totally out of control.

"I have worked a lot as a bouncer at nightclubs and have become somewhat desensitized. I didn't have time to be afraid. But afterwards, it hit me. He was totally crazy. Anything could have happened."

Why have you been laying low until now?

"You have to reflect a bit before going public."

Axl Rose has admitted the crimes and will pay you 10,000 SEK (approximately $1,400) in damages. Have you heard anything from him since this incident?

"No one has called me. Not the police, not the District Attorney, not Axl's crew. It wold be nice to get an apology."

Will you proceed with this matter?

"I'm going to contact a lawyer to see what options are available. If this would have happened in the U.S., I probably would have been a millionaire," Pascal said with a smile.

H?kansson is now off work for a week before returning to his position as the security guard at the lobby of the Berns hotel.

"This was my fourth day at Berns and people told me that nothing ever happened there," Pascal said. "And then this is how it turns out. It's just totally crazy."

Aftonbladet has tried to reach Axl Rose through the concert booking agency Ema Telstar for a comment, but with no luck.

"I hold no grudge against him," H?kansson insisted. "I just did my job and did it well. It was nothing personal against me ? it could have happened to anyone. It's just by pure luck that it wasn't one of the girls working in the reception that was harmed."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:44 AM »

Was this the same security guard in Tommy Boy who so courageously handed over this gun after being accosted from the shadows and hit on the head with a hammer many times?

There are a few gaps in this man's story.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 09:38:24 AM »

this guy is obviously a liar.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pebbles
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 09:45:38 AM »

This asshole just wants money and some publicity him self. I hope he holds his breath for an apology!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:51:42 AM »

"I'm going to contact a lawyer to see what options are available. If this would have happened in the U.S., I probably would have been a millionaire," Pascal said with a smile.

That kinda sez it all, don't u think?  Tongue

Fuck 'Em All.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:57:41 AM »

But, wait a minute the security guard was quoted as saying..."I have worked a lot as a bouncer at nightclubs and have become somewhat desensitized. I didn't have time to be afraid. But afterwards, it hit me. He was totally crazy. Anything could have happened."

But, oh wait a minute guy.. I thought you "feared for your life" because "Axl was going to kill you?"

This security guard already looks like a moron in his press statement, I wonder how bad a good attorney would be able to get him to contradict himself on the stand, he's already done it on his own in his own statement.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 10:10:22 AM »

Haha fucking liar Swede! Grin Pascal H?kansson hihi

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »

Bottom line is (If his story is accurate, that is) - Axl escalated the situation by putting his hands on the security guard.  After that happened, the vibe changed.  I cant' say I blame the guy for considering legal action against Axl.. I'm not saying its right, but I don't blame him.  He was, after all, doing his job.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Shirell
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »

Cant you just hear the cash jingling in this guys head.  He must have thought it was his lucky day.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 10:34:50 AM »

Isn't this supposed to be a security guard? he should know how to defend himself, acusing someone that is going to kill him should be a day a day living for him he should get used to ?Undecided
Or am I wrong?

No man can be my equal
Dragon
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 10:35:24 AM »

Cant you just hear the cash jingling in this guys head.  He must have thought it was his lucky day.
As I wrote in the other thread. The swedish legal system don't believe in over compensation. The security guard will only get compensated for medical costs, lost of income and such things. But I really can't believe how naive some of you people are. It's a tuesday morning, probably lots of people that are eating their breakfast in that hotel. That security guard is probably expecting to read the news paper or watch the morning tv. Do you really think that he saw Axl and thought to himself that this is his chance of fifteen minutes of fame? Or maybe he felt that Axl writes bad music and deserves a beating for it?
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 10:36:31 AM »

i mighta been makin light of this whole thing ,by jokes ive said.that myself i feel just as bad as others laughing at the matter.but this little mishape that happened.i think the guy was just doing his job.but at the same time seen axl as a reason for him getting fame too.outa this that has happened.shame people of fame everything they do is public.that i feel sad about that axl has no privacy anymore.

the one an only horsey !
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 10:41:34 AM »

Gypsy:? I'm NOT condoning Axl's part in all of this.? It just sounds to me like this is the first drunk this former "bouncer" ever encountered.? Roll Eyes

Interviewer: ?What did they check you out for at the hospital?
Pascal: ?"If my skin had broken, but it hadn't. It was mostly a superficial wound."
Gypsy: ?"mostly superficial"?? ?oy vey ? confused
Pascal: I'm going to contact a lawyer to see what options are available. If this would have happened in the U.S., I probably would have been a millionaire.
Gypsy: ?So they told you at the hospital that the ringing in your ears was CHI-CHING $$$??
Pascal: ?Axl was stark-raving mad
Gypsy: ?ummm, yeah ? and your point being what?? ?hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 10:46:43 AM »

Regardless of the extent of truth in this press release, it doesn't make Axl sound like a pussy as all the other ones did.  I mean I'm not one to encourage violence, but shit I thought with all the all reports Axl got taken down and then only bit him because he was already subdued.  At least this makes Axl sound pretty tough.....I mean hell even I've bitten someone when I was drunk before when they were choking me.  I'm all for this one!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 10:49:31 AM »

I side with the Security Guard on this one. Not only does this sound like the Axl we all know from past events..... but the story also matches up with some things we already know did happen. The Guard also didn't seem to make Wild accusations either. He seemed very level headed in his description of what happened. I think he should sue Axl since Axl was the one clearly in the wrong. Time to pay up for being a Punk.

He seemed level headed in his statement??? HE LIED IN IT

"I have worked a lot as a bouncer at nightclubs and have become somewhat desensitized. I didn't have time to be afraid. But afterwards, it hit me. He was totally crazy. Anything could have happened."

But, oh wait a minute guy.. I thought you "feared for your life" because "Axl was going to kill you?"

so, which statement is the truth, which is the lie?
Annie
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »

I think this guy just wants money. He can't try and sue so he wants to sell his story to the tabloids. Like Mysteron said, if Axl had really done something like try to kill someone, he would still be in jail. I have dealt with gang bangers in my job who are are very upset because their child is critically ill and a little kindness and respect on my part has prevented alot of violent outbursts! This guy looks alot like Vin Diesel, maybe he's hoping to milk this story for a shot at reality tv stardom!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »

'I'm gonna fuck your life up"

my respect for axl just went a few notches up. he is still fucking crrazzzzy
and yeah, it did sound like the security guard just wanted money... but hey who doesnt?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 11:01:41 AM »

but I'm sure most of us have had that crazy night out where the whiskey is pumping through your body and the smallest thing can set you off and then the next thing you know you're in a fight or being tossed out onto the sidewalk by 10 security guards or something..

Man I wish HTGTH had a "Best of..." category right now.? ok
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:13:38 AM by pasnow » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 11:05:47 AM »

Axl and the security guard both kind of crack me up here... ?:hihi:boys are gonna be boys, I think their was wrong on both parts most likely. Axl being the drunk rockstar chirping away at the guard, the guard probably being the typical meathead bouncer guy saying shit right back to Axl, if Axl threw the first punch he was definitely wrong there, but he paid his dues for committing that crime if he did. Now you got the security guard, who knows a celeb fucked with him, he'll be looking for his payday... whatever, we'd all do it too if we got fucked with by a celeb when we were working.
 I actually do believe the Swedish police were probably real assholes when they came to arrest him and probably were threatening him with tons of bullshit so he'd just pay his fine, not defend himself in court, and be on his way to the next concerts. I can see that happening for sure.

But, the security guard does look like a liar in his statement, he's using "key" words in his account of the situation like "feared for my life", "axl was going to kill me", "disturbing look on his face", etc... those are all phrases/words taught for guards/officers to write the most trumped up police reports as they can, in order to have stronger court evidence in civial and criminal courts...
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 11:36:09 AM »

Nuff $aid.  yes

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: