Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 131259 times)
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #980 on: June 28, 2006, 08:48:13 PM »

GNR just played...went off without a hitch.... Made funny jokes.... Nothing bad came from the Swedish incident. Lets dead horse this beeyatch.

Agreed yes

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #981 on: June 28, 2006, 09:01:18 PM »

wow
i really hope that is not true
he was acting like a spoiled child

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #982 on: June 28, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »

Dizzy will you please ?shut the fuck up already . ?here's a little clip from 1990 ?for you kids ?that are shocked and are taking this incident very hard. ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HInuXfr3keM&search=axl%20rose%20%20arrested

Some of you should go follow a frontman that is more safe and politically correct. ? Axl is not the right person for you kiddies ?to follow. ? I can't believe how some people are reacting over this shit. ? All that matters is the music !!

hahahaha!!! that's? 16 years ago. The guy was what...28 or so. He's in his 40's now man, time to show some maturity. You're useing 16 year old footage to justify something that happened two days ago. Plus who gives a shit awhat Mike Tyson did. Hell yeah that was fucked up and did people defend him? NO! I'm with Dizzy68 100% on this one. The music is kick ass even the new stuff but the Axl Rose Persona sucks the big one now. People grow tired of this shit.? I'm not surprised that this latest incident involving Axl happened and that is what dissapoints me. I'm a fan as much as anyone here(don't let the username fool ya). I wouldn't have drove to Vancouver in 2002 from Calgary or fly to New York last month from Calgary if I wasn't,? and it pains me to see a guy who had/has so much potential and who could garner so much repsect in the music world do nothing but piss it all away. Stuff like this makes Axl a laughing stock and it becomes harder and harder to "stand up" for him. I know it's not my job or your job or anyone's job to stand up for the guy but any of us will? feel the need to stand up for people you admire and it's becoming increasingly hard to admire Axl Rose. The music will last and it speaks for itself but the sad, sad, sad part of it all is that his persona and the perception people have of the guy are in fact starting to overshadow the music. People(fans and general public) for the most part always agree on how amazing Guns N' Roses were/are but the conversation always comes back to what a douche bag(as Dizzy68 put it) is and for me that's sad and frustrating. Trust me people if Bono were to act in the same manner Axl has and does I would feel the same about him, and that's the truth. Plus if these "Axl incidents" were being done by any other celebrity? those of you here supporting it or defending it when it comes to Axl would be all over these other celebrities. You'd be trashing them and dogging them to no end and you know it. Imagine Vince Neil or 50 Cent or whoever bit that guy; imagine the feild day alot of you would have with it, but becasue Axl? does it, it's simple a case of "Shit happens" and "Axl's Axl get over it"? Roll Eyes

O.k. NOW I'll try and drop this topic. Obviously there are two strong opinions when it comes to this. Those who think it's ridiculous and those who think it's acceptable, so nobody's gonna change their mind.

Isnt that the lady right next to door to hell was about?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #983 on: June 28, 2006, 09:06:11 PM »

Yes it is.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #984 on: June 28, 2006, 09:12:40 PM »

thats fucking funny he bit someone rofl rofl hihi

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #985 on: June 28, 2006, 09:15:16 PM »

thats fucking funny he bit someone rofl rofl hihi

Unlike alot of people here, I really dont think people will label Axl a "whacko"...

I think people will be able to look at the whole thing through neutral eyes, and be like "Wow...Axl really did take a bite outta authority..." hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #986 on: June 28, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

Some people might not agree with this statement, but I'm just glad to see Axl Rose back!!! There is no question that it was immature for what he did. However, this incident goes to show you that he can still  work that charmisa and bad-ass attitude to bring on the spotlight.   
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #987 on: June 28, 2006, 09:27:34 PM »

Saying that I would trash anyone else for doing these things, but letting Axl off on it just because I like the guy is a fucking ignorant thing to say. It could be anyone else and I would say the same thing... SO FUCKING WHAT? the guy can get drunk and bite whoever the fuck he wants.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Norman Bates
Headliner

The Bates Motel always has vacancy for you

« Reply #988 on: June 28, 2006, 10:14:49 PM »

Could someone translate this please?
It's from the Aftonbladet's website.

S? anf?ll Axl vakten

Guns N' Roses- stj?rnan bet, slogs och greps av polis

Den kraftigt berusade Axl Rose gick till vansinnig attack mot hotellvakten i lobbyn p? Berns.
  Han bet honom i vaden, skrek k?nsord och krossade en spegel.
  - Nu f?r du hj?lpa mig med den h?r killen, ropade hotellvakten desperat till Axl Roses egen livvakt.
   Den legendariske s?ngaren Axl Roses tumult i Stockholm ?r en v?rldsnyhet.
  I g?r rapporterade bland annat amerikanska CNN och US Today om gripandet av Guns N' Roses-s?ngaren p? hotell Berns i centrala Stockholm.
  Nu kan Aftonbladet ber?tta detaljerna i br?ket.
  Vid halv ?tta-tiden i g?r morse h?rde hotellvakten, som inte sj?lv vill l?ta sig intervjuas, pl?tsligt ov?sen i lobbyn.
  - N?gon svor och skrek k?nsord p? engelska, ber?ttar en uppgiftsl?mnare.

Missn?jd med rummet
  Det var Axl Rose - kraftigt berusad efter en l?ng natt runt Stureplan - som skrek. I s?llskap hade han sin livvakt.
  - Axl var inte n?jd med rummen p? hotellet, han hade f?tt se flera stycken och var f?rbannad, ber?ttar Aftonbladets k?lla.
  Hotellvakten bad Axl Rose att lugna ner sig.
  - Kan du s?nka r?sten, sa vakten enligt en k?lla.
  Men Axl Rose fortsatte att skrika och pl?tsligt gick stj?rnan till attack mot vakten.
  - Han knuffade till honom i br?stet s? att han n?stan tappade balansen.
  Fullt kaos utbr?t.
  - Vakten tog tag i Axls fl?tor och drog ner honom p? golvet. D? bet Axl honom i vaden.
  Sedan fick s?ngaren tag p? en vas som han kastade rakt in i en spegel fr?n 1700-talet.

Dragna batonger
  Receptionen ringde polisen och vakten f?rs?kte desperat att f? kontroll p? situationen.
  - Nu f?r du hj?lpa mig att h?lla koll p? den h?r killen, ska vakten ha sagt till Roses livvakt.
  Den uppretade s?ngaren svarade - med hot.
  - Flytta p? dig om du vill ha jobbet kvar, skrek Axl till sin egen livvakt, s?ger Aftonbladets k?lla.
  Kvart i ?tta i stormade polisen in p? Berns. Med dragna batonger visiterade de Axl Rose och satte handf?ngsel p? honom. Han f?rdes till fyllecellen p? Norrmalms polisstation.
  Efter f?rh?r erk?nde s?ngaren. I g?r kv?ll sl?pptes han. Under g?rdagen unders?ktes vaktens bitm?rke av l?kare.
  - Det sm?rtar och har blivit en blodbl?sa, men det gick inte h?l, s?ger en k?lla till Aftonbladet.
  Enligt uppgifter ?verv?ger den bitne vakten att via sitt juridiska ombud polisanm?la Guns N' Roses-s?ngaren.

Ulf Ekberg fr?n Ace of Base festade med Axl Rose. N?r Aftonbladet n?dde Ekberg i g?r var han skakad ?ver att Rose gripits. "Jag m?ste f? tag i S?pochefen. Han kan l?sa det h?r", s?ger han.

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.
pebbles
« Reply #989 on: June 28, 2006, 11:39:26 PM »

The topic isn't just soley related to this one incident, it's about everything from "oh, I don't like the braids" or even some people saying "oh, I don't like how red his chest is." I about died from laughing when I read that. I just think some of the fans here over-react way too much when it comes to Axl's look, lifestyle, onstage rants, or what he does in his personal life. This last incident I guess was the icing on the cake that finally made me post about all this. Axl Rose is gonna be fucking Axl Rose.....

But why bother getting yourself all worked up over it? So what some people post that, move on.

When I say I'm pissed off, I'm not necessarily pounding my keyboard with a beat red face... I just get annoyed. Honestly, people should just be happy as hell to have Axl back, remember the last 4 years when we didn't have anything to talk about? I'll take Axl touring over 4 years of silence any day... even if it's an Axl that bites. hihi
Makes sense to me.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #990 on: June 28, 2006, 11:40:54 PM »

The topic isn't just soley related to this one incident, it's about everything from "oh, I don't like the braids" or even some people saying "oh, I don't like how red his chest is." I about died from laughing when I read that. I just think some of the fans here over-react way too much when it comes to Axl's look, lifestyle, onstage rants, or what he does in his personal life. This last incident I guess was the icing on the cake that finally made me post about all this. Axl Rose is gonna be fucking Axl Rose.....

But why bother getting yourself all worked up over it? So what some people post that, move on.

When I say I'm pissed off, I'm not necessarily pounding my keyboard with a beat red face... I just get annoyed. Honestly, people should just be happy as hell to have Axl back, remember the last 4 years when we didn't have anything to talk about? I'll take Axl touring over 4 years of silence any day... even if it's an Axl that bites. hihi

If all people did the things they should it would be a much better world.
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #991 on: June 28, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »

i just hate it when people just call axl a dick and dont even listen and wont give the new band a chance. if chinese democracy sells 3 million in the states ill be very surprised like everyone in my school hates axl and the new band i only have one friend that loves them and only 2 girls i know even like them

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #992 on: June 29, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »

i just hate it when people just call axl a dick and dont even listen and wont give the new band a chance. if chinese democracy sells 3 million in the states ill be very surprised like everyone in my school hates axl and the new band i only have one friend that loves them and only 2 girls i know even like them

He brings that type of stuff on himself with the whole band name issue though. There would not be 1/100th of the venom or negativity there is toward him if he weren't touring as GNR right now, that is just the way it is.

He wouldn't be calling the band GNR if he really cared about or wanted people to listen to the band with an open mind and accept them as a new entity. I suspect he is much more concerned with the value, brand awareness and opportunity the name brings him than he is the negativity he deals with because of it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #993 on: June 29, 2006, 01:27:32 AM »

He brings that type of stuff on himself with the whole band name issue though. There would not be 1/100th of the venom or negativity there is toward him if he weren't touring as GNR right now, that is just the way it is.

He wouldn't be calling the band GNR if he really cared about or wanted people to listen to the band with an open mind and accept them as a new entity. I suspect he is much more concerned with the value, brand awareness and opportunity the name brings him than he is the negativity he deals with because of it.

He's already explained why he chose to keep the GN'R name, and it has nothing to do with what you said.  To paraphrase, he was a part of GN'R before Slash and Duff, and why should he give up on GN'R when he is not the one who chose to walk away.

That's his reason for keeping the band name. 

Ali
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #994 on: June 29, 2006, 03:40:12 AM »

I'm with you, Mr. I and WARose, on this one.  The show threads so far have featured a minority of posters who insist on repeating their same point regarding solos etc over and over again as each new show takes place.  It gets really frustrating having to wade through such repetition, especiallly when the poster didn't even attend the show in question.  I enjoy reading everyone's opinion but once is usually sufficient!

Then there are what I call the 'vulture members' who appear to spend their days circling the board, homing in on any unexpected problem the band encounter and apparently taking great delight in being the harbingers of doom, predicting the tour cancellation and Axl's demise.  I don't know if their desire is just to see him humiliated or whether they are still harbouring a wish to see a reunion of old members.  The size of the 'Axl arrested' thread is out of all proportion when you consider that it appears, from my brief skim through it anyway, that there are no eye witness posters and it is purely 40 odd pages of speculation taken mainly from tabloid rags.  Some of the posts were so self-righteous - I don't know where the idea comes from that just 'cause you're the wrong side of 40, you're expected to behave with decorum at all times,  getting older is bad enough without taking away all our fun! - that I was tempted to ask whether they thought that pensioners should be banned from climbing trees and marrying women half their age too.  Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #995 on: June 29, 2006, 03:54:00 AM »

Axl and Guns N' Roses have nothing to do with being on your computer or how much time you do or do not go outside. Insulting (or trying to) for no reason is just as lame as judging someone for no reason whatsoever.

We don't know Axl, we don't know what happened, and people will always talk shit on the internet. If you let it get to you you have problems. There's being a fan of the man and then there is just taking it too far. Some people aren't fans of the new band or Axl, oh fucking well.

If someone is not AXL or GNR fan why he is spending his time in a forum like this?
I guess these people have nothing better to do... deplorables...

avesia
« Reply #996 on: June 29, 2006, 03:58:24 AM »

I am a big Gn'R and Axl fan...but I'm not supporting his behaviour... ok
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #997 on: June 29, 2006, 04:11:28 AM »

He's already explained why he chose to keep the GN'R name, and it has nothing to do with what you said.? To paraphrase, he was a part of GN'R before Slash and Duff, and why should he give up on GN'R when he is not the one who chose to walk away.

That's his reason for keeping the band name.?

Ali

no offense intended, but thats a very thin excuse frankly, and a little naieve to boot

Axl marginalised those who quit, he made it pretty much an intolerable and unworkable environment

$$, business and brand awareness are the motives for holding on to the GN'R brand I'm afraid

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Shirell
« Reply #998 on: June 29, 2006, 04:31:06 AM »

He's already explained why he chose to keep the GN'R name, and it has nothing to do with what you said.? To paraphrase, he was a part of GN'R before Slash and Duff, and why should he give up on GN'R when he is not the one who chose to walk away.

That's his reason for keeping the band name.?

Ali

no offense intended, but thats a very thin excuse frankly, and a little naieve to boot

Axl marginalised those who quit, he made it pretty much an intolerable and unworkable environment

$$, business and brand awareness are the motives for holding on to the GN'R brand I'm afraid

How did you come to this conclusion Jimmy?  I've read a lot of stuff from different members of the original GNR and they all diss each other quite frankly, but if you saw a recent press statement regarding the latest lawsuit re Axl selling rights to songs etc. He acknowledges the other members contributions and especially the major role played by Slash. 
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #999 on: June 29, 2006, 04:36:47 AM »

Could someone translate this please?
It's from the Aftonbladet's website.

S? anf?ll Axl vakten

Guns N' Roses- stj?rnan bet, slogs och greps av polis

Den kraftigt berusade Axl Rose gick till vansinnig attack mot hotellvakten i lobbyn p? Berns.
? Han bet honom i vaden, skrek k?nsord och krossade en spegel.
? - Nu f?r du hj?lpa mig med den h?r killen, ropade hotellvakten desperat till Axl Roses egen livvakt.
? ?Den legendariske s?ngaren Axl Roses tumult i Stockholm ?r en v?rldsnyhet.
? I g?r rapporterade bland annat amerikanska CNN och US Today om gripandet av Guns N' Roses-s?ngaren p? hotell Berns i centrala Stockholm.
? Nu kan Aftonbladet ber?tta detaljerna i br?ket.
? Vid halv ?tta-tiden i g?r morse h?rde hotellvakten, som inte sj?lv vill l?ta sig intervjuas, pl?tsligt ov?sen i lobbyn.
? - N?gon svor och skrek k?nsord p? engelska, ber?ttar en uppgiftsl?mnare.
?
Missn?jd med rummet
? Det var Axl Rose - kraftigt berusad efter en l?ng natt runt Stureplan - som skrek. I s?llskap hade han sin livvakt.
? - Axl var inte n?jd med rummen p? hotellet, han hade f?tt se flera stycken och var f?rbannad, ber?ttar Aftonbladets k?lla.
? Hotellvakten bad Axl Rose att lugna ner sig.
? - Kan du s?nka r?sten, sa vakten enligt en k?lla.
? Men Axl Rose fortsatte att skrika och pl?tsligt gick stj?rnan till attack mot vakten.
? - Han knuffade till honom i br?stet s? att han n?stan tappade balansen.
? Fullt kaos utbr?t.
? - Vakten tog tag i Axls fl?tor och drog ner honom p? golvet. D? bet Axl honom i vaden.
? Sedan fick s?ngaren tag p? en vas som han kastade rakt in i en spegel fr?n 1700-talet.
?
Dragna batonger
? Receptionen ringde polisen och vakten f?rs?kte desperat att f? kontroll p? situationen.
? - Nu f?r du hj?lpa mig att h?lla koll p? den h?r killen, ska vakten ha sagt till Roses livvakt.
? Den uppretade s?ngaren svarade - med hot.
? - Flytta p? dig om du vill ha jobbet kvar, skrek Axl till sin egen livvakt, s?ger Aftonbladets k?lla.
? Kvart i ?tta i stormade polisen in p? Berns. Med dragna batonger visiterade de Axl Rose och satte handf?ngsel p? honom. Han f?rdes till fyllecellen p? Norrmalms polisstation.
? Efter f?rh?r erk?nde s?ngaren. I g?r kv?ll sl?pptes han. Under g?rdagen unders?ktes vaktens bitm?rke av l?kare.
? - Det sm?rtar och har blivit en blodbl?sa, men det gick inte h?l, s?ger en k?lla till Aftonbladet.
? Enligt uppgifter ?verv?ger den bitne vakten att via sitt juridiska ombud polisanm?la Guns N' Roses-s?ngaren.

Ulf Ekberg fr?n Ace of Base festade med Axl Rose. N?r Aftonbladet n?dde Ekberg i g?r var han skakad ?ver att Rose gripits. "Jag m?ste f? tag i S?pochefen. Han kan l?sa det h?r", s?ger han.

all it says is..axl is god, over and over again. Good read.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: