Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 131857 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #960 on: June 28, 2006, 04:56:20 PM »

The topic isn't just soley related to this one incident, it's about everything from "oh, I don't like the braids" or even some people saying "oh, I don't like how red his chest is." I about died from laughing when I read that. I just think some of the fans here over-react way too much when it comes to Axl's look, lifestyle, onstage rants, or what he does in his personal life. This last incident I guess was the icing on the cake that finally made me post about all this. Axl Rose is gonna be fucking Axl Rose.....
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #961 on: June 28, 2006, 04:58:22 PM »

The topic isn't just soley related to this one incident, it's about everything from "oh, I don't like the braids" or even some people saying "oh, I don't like how red his chest is." I about died from laughing when I read that. I just think some of the fans here over-react way too much when it comes to Axl's look, lifestyle, onstage rants, or what he does in his personal life. This last incident I guess was the icing on the cake that finally made me post about all this. Axl Rose is gonna be fucking Axl Rose.....

And people on the internet are going to post stupid crap. Circle of life my friend, circle of life...  ok
Origen
« Reply #962 on: June 28, 2006, 05:01:55 PM »

But why bother getting yourself all worked up over it? So what some people post that, move on.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #963 on: June 28, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »

But why bother getting yourself all worked up over it? So what some people post that, move on.

When I say I'm pissed off, I'm not necessarily pounding my keyboard with a beat red face... I just get annoyed. Honestly, people should just be happy as hell to have Axl back, remember the last 4 years when we didn't have anything to talk about? I'll take Axl touring over 4 years of silence any day... even if it's an Axl that bites. hihi
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #964 on: June 28, 2006, 05:12:41 PM »

but i don`t give a fuck about the opinions of the so called fans on this board anymore ok

Gee, thanks.  Cry

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #965 on: June 28, 2006, 06:09:50 PM »

Seriously,

After reading through the last thread and seeing some people say "I'm losing respect for Axl" I'm really starting to get pissed off. First of all, we don't even know exactly what happened. To a lot of people "biting" might seem really bad, but if you're defending someone you love or in an altercation with someone whom you feel at the time might have said something or did something to hurt someone you love... in my opinion anything is reasonable. Have you ever thought Axl Rose could possibly even have a psycological condition where when he reaches a certain point of anger, he can't even remember what he did?? I've been so upset before when one of my friends little brothers was beaten up by an older kid I got into a fight with that bastard and beat him far beyong the point I needed too, I didn't want to stop either. If I was losing the fight I would have scratched, clawed, bit, or did whatever to win because my friends brother was the most innocent kid at that age. Axl stated he thought something was done to upset Beta or that he was concerned about Beta, given the fact that he cares about her combined with being really fucked up on alcohal, it's not hard to see how this happened. Axl's most likely had a problem with authority figures his whole life too, which adds even more anger to the situation when the cop was roughing him up... sometimes you get so mad you go back to your animal instincts.. I'm no psycologist, but I still know I'd do whatever it took to defend someone I loved.

Ultimately Axl is a grown man, he could have been tottaly in the right here, he could have been tottaly wrong. If he was tottaly wrong, he paid his fines, he met the criminal justice systems demands. How the fuck are some of you saying, ohh "im losing respect for him." You don't even know the whole account of what happened and even if Axl was just being drunk and violent, we've all made mistakes too.

How much people care about his looks, clothing style, public actions, etc is annoying... I can't wait until C.D is released so we can just focus on all the new songs.

how about - he got drunk as fuck, got aggressive and started acting up. Period. That seems to be it, no more no less. Pretty lame, you can spin it any which way and speculate all kinds of things, but the simplist truth as stated is usually the closest youll get.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #966 on: June 28, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »

Seriously,

After reading through the last thread and seeing some people say "I'm losing respect for Axl" I'm really starting to get pissed off. First of all, we don't even know exactly what happened. To a lot of people "biting" might seem really bad, but if you're defending someone you love or in an altercation with someone whom you feel at the time might have said something or did something to hurt someone you love... in my opinion anything is reasonable. Have you ever thought Axl Rose could possibly even have a psycological condition where when he reaches a certain point of anger, he can't even remember what he did?? I've been so upset before when one of my friends little brothers was beaten up by an older kid I got into a fight with that bastard and beat him far beyong the point I needed too, I didn't want to stop either. If I was losing the fight I would have scratched, clawed, bit, or did whatever to win because my friends brother was the most innocent kid at that age. Axl stated he thought something was done to upset Beta or that he was concerned about Beta, given the fact that he cares about her combined with being really fucked up on alcohal, it's not hard to see how this happened. Axl's most likely had a problem with authority figures his whole life too, which adds even more anger to the situation when the cop was roughing him up... sometimes you get so mad you go back to your animal instincts.. I'm no psycologist, but I still know I'd do whatever it took to defend someone I loved.

Ultimately Axl is a grown man, he could have been tottaly in the right here, he could have been tottaly wrong. If he was tottaly wrong, he paid his fines, he met the criminal justice systems demands. How the fuck are some of you saying, ohh "im losing respect for him." You don't even know the whole account of what happened and even if Axl was just being drunk and violent, we've all made mistakes too.

How much people care about his looks, clothing style, public actions, etc is annoying... I can't wait until C.D is released so we can just focus on all the new songs.

how about - he got drunk as fuck, got aggressive and started acting up. Period. That seems to be it, no more no less. Pretty lame, you can spin it any which way and speculate all kinds of things, but the simplist truth as stated is usually the closest youll get.

Well, like I said, even if he was tottaly wrong, the man paid his dues to Swedish society by paying his fines, the repair costs to the hotel and went on his way. So, he's done his time and paid his punishment for his crimes. I've broke the law before, I paid my fines, etc... I'm sure other people have too. People make mistakes, I've lost no respect for him because of the latest incident. It's rare I see a police officer now days be tottaly polite and by the book to when pinning someone down. I'm done now ranting about it though, if people are gonna flip out over this incident, whether or not his braids look cool, or complain that his chest looks to red.. then fuck it, enjoy yourselves.
RichardNixon
« Reply #967 on: June 28, 2006, 06:55:11 PM »

From Blabbermouth

The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet (Story..1, Story..2) has revealed more information about Tuesday's (June 27) early morning brawl at Stockholm's Berns hotel that resulted in GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose being arrested on suspicion of damaging property at the hotel, assaulting a security guard and threatening police.

According to an Aftonbladet source, a security guard at the hotel heard someone cursing and swearing loudly in English in the hotel's lobby at approximately 7:30 a.m. It was Axl Rose, who was accompanied by his bodyguard. "Axl was not pleased with the rooms at the hotel," the source said. "He had seen several and was pissed off."

The hotel security guard asked Axl Rose to calm down and said, "Can you lower your voice?" But Axl continued screaming and suddenly attacked the security guard, according to Aftonbladet.

"[Axl] pushed [the guard] in the chest hard enough to cause him to almost lost his balance," the source said. "In response, the security guard grabbed Axl's braids and pulled them to the floor. That's when Axl bit him in his thigh."

At that point, Rose got hold of a nearby vase and threw it straight into an 18th century mirror worth approximately $2,000, according to Aftonbladet. The hotel staff called the police and the security guard desperately tried to regain control of the situation.

According to the source, the security guard told Axl's bodyguard, "Now you have to help me keep this guy in check." The pissed off Rose responded with threats. "Move away if you still wanna have a job," Axl screamed at his bodyguard, according to the Aftonbladet source.

A half hour earlier, Rose had checked into the hotel's biggest suite, according to the Swedish newspaper Expressen. Fifteen minutes later, Rose and his bodyguard came down to the reception and Rose screamed, "Where is everyone? Where's the party? I was promised a big party!"

To calm Rose down, his tour manager and assistant were woken up. The hotel security was also called and that's when Axl exploded, according to Expressen.

At 7:47 the police stormed into the Berns hotel with their batons drawn. They searched Axl and handcuffed him.

According to Expressen, Axl screamed at his bodyguard as he was being led away to the police car, "You are fired. You are so fucking fired."

Axl's tour crew, Swedish lawyers and concert promotion agency worked hard all day yesterday to get Rose released from police custody. In the end, it became clear that the only way Axl could be allowed to walk away was if he confessed to all charges.

At approximately 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Axl was tranported out of the police station by lying on the floor of a van and driven to the Bromma airport in central Stockholm. At 8:00 p.m., the private jet (Photo..1, Photo..2) took off from Sweden with Axl Rose and the rest of his band and headed for Oslo, where GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to perform tonight (June 2.

According to an Aftonbladet source, Axl was only able to bring 10 of his suitcases with him. The rest of his luggage remained in the hotel room along with an unpaid hotel bill.

A few minutes after 9:00 p.m, the plane landed in Oslo and that's when another bizarre drama started, according to Aftonbladet.

Axl refused to leave the airplane and instead started another party at the landing field. Ice cubes were delivered by car to the plane, according to Aftonbladet. After four hours, at 1:00 a.m., Axl left the plane and was taken by limo to a hotel in central Oslo.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #968 on: June 28, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »

so much drama  Grin

Nothing to say
RichardNixon
« Reply #969 on: June 28, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »

Blame it on the booze.  no peace
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #970 on: June 28, 2006, 07:05:19 PM »

...blame it on the falun gong! beer
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #971 on: June 28, 2006, 07:07:02 PM »

hihi, I'm sorry, that story is just hilarious.  And it completely reaffirms why I love Axl, the unpredictableness.  As long as he shows up to the concerts and eventually releases an album, he can pull this stuff whenever he wants.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #972 on: June 28, 2006, 07:10:55 PM »

" where is MY party, i was promised a big party!!!"

hey hey, sounds a bit tantrumesque to meee  hihi

Nothing to say
RichardNixon
« Reply #973 on: June 28, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »

"You are fired, you are so fucking fired."  rofl

I wonder if he was really fired?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #974 on: June 28, 2006, 07:25:40 PM »

Axl really needs a soundbite of Vince McMahon yelling "YOU'RE FIIIRRED"! on a song on CD

hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Bono
« Reply #975 on: June 28, 2006, 08:04:01 PM »

Dizzy will you please ?shut the fuck up already . ?here's a little clip from 1990 ?for you kids ?that are shocked and are taking this incident very hard. ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HInuXfr3keM&search=axl%20rose%20%20arrested

Some of you should go follow a frontman that is more safe and politically correct. ? Axl is not the right person for you kiddies ?to follow. ? I can't believe how some people are reacting over this shit. ? All that matters is the music !!

hahahaha!!! that's? 16 years ago. The guy was what...28 or so. He's in his 40's now man, time to show some maturity. You're useing 16 year old footage to justify something that happened two days ago. Plus who gives a shit awhat Mike Tyson did. Hell yeah that was fucked up and did people defend him? NO! I'm with Dizzy68 100% on this one. The music is kick ass even the new stuff but the Axl Rose Persona sucks the big one now. People grow tired of this shit.? I'm not surprised that this latest incident involving Axl happened and that is what dissapoints me. I'm a fan as much as anyone here(don't let the username fool ya). I wouldn't have drove to Vancouver in 2002 from Calgary or fly to New York last month from Calgary if I wasn't,? and it pains me to see a guy who had/has so much potential and who could garner so much repsect in the music world do nothing but piss it all away. Stuff like this makes Axl a laughing stock and it becomes harder and harder to "stand up" for him. I know it's not my job or your job or anyone's job to stand up for the guy but any of us will? feel the need to stand up for people you admire and it's becoming increasingly hard to admire Axl Rose. The music will last and it speaks for itself but the sad, sad, sad part of it all is that his persona and the perception people have of the guy are in fact starting to overshadow the music. People(fans and general public) for the most part always agree on how amazing Guns N' Roses were/are but the conversation always comes back to what a douche bag(as Dizzy68 put it) is and for me that's sad and frustrating. Trust me people if Bono were to act in the same manner Axl has and does I would feel the same about him, and that's the truth. Plus if these "Axl incidents" were being done by any other celebrity? those of you here supporting it or defending it when it comes to Axl would be all over these other celebrities. You'd be trashing them and dogging them to no end and you know it. Imagine Vince Neil or 50 Cent or whoever bit that guy; imagine the feild day alot of you would have with it, but becasue Axl? does it, it's simple a case of "Shit happens" and "Axl's Axl get over it"? Roll Eyes

O.k. NOW I'll try and drop this topic. Obviously there are two strong opinions when it comes to this. Those who think it's ridiculous and those who think it's acceptable, so nobody's gonna change their mind.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #976 on: June 28, 2006, 08:07:33 PM »

Dizzy will you please ?shut the fuck up already . ?here's a little clip from 1990 ?for you kids ?that are shocked and are taking this incident very hard. ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HInuXfr3keM&search=axl%20rose%20%20arrested

Some of you should go follow a frontman that is more safe and politically correct. ? Axl is not the right person for you kiddies ?to follow. ? I can't believe how some people are reacting over this shit. ? All that matters is the music !!

hahahaha!!! that's? 16 years ago. The guy was what...28 or so. He's in his 40's now man, time to show some maturity. You're useing 16 year old footage to justify something that happened two days ago. Plus who gives a shit awhat Mike Tyson did. Hell yeah that was fucked up and did people defend him? NO! I'm with Dizzy68 100% on this one. The music is kick ass even the new stuff but the Axl Rose Persona sucks the big one now. People grow tired of this shit.? I'm not surprised that this latest incident involving Axl happened and that is what dissapoints me. I'm a fan as much as anyone here(don't let the username fool ya). I wouldn't have drove to Vancouver in 2002 from Calgary or fly to New York last month from Calgary if I wasn't,? and it pains me to see a guy who had/has so much potential and who could garner so much repsect in the music world do nothing but piss it all away. Stuff like this makes Axl a laughing stock and it becomes harder and harder to "stand up" for him. I know it's not my job or your job or anyone's job to stand up for the guy but any of us will? feel the need to stand up for people you admire and it's becoming increasingly hard to admire Axl Rose. The music will last and it speaks for itself but the sad, sad, sad part of it all is that his persona and the perception people have of the guy are in fact starting to overshadow the music. People(fans and general public) for the most part always agree on how amazing Guns N' Roses were/are but the conversation always comes back to what a douche bag(as Dizzy68 put it) is and for me that's sad and frustrating. Trust me people if Bono were to act in the same manner Axl has and does I would feel the same about him, and that's the truth. Plus if these "Axl incidents" were being done by any other celebrity? those of you here supporting it or defending it when it comes to Axl would be all over these other celebrities. You'd be trashing them and dogging them to no end and you know it. Imagine Vince Neil or 50 Cent or whoever bit that guy; imagine the feild day alot of you would have with it, but becasue Axl? does it, it's simple a case of "Shit happens" and "Axl's Axl get over it"? Roll Eyes

O.k. NOW I'll try and drop this topic. Obviously there are two strong opinions when it comes to this. Those who think it's ridiculous and those who think it's acceptable, so nobody's gonna change their mind.
you captured it all, very well said..
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #977 on: June 28, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »

Theres way to much animosity going on over this topic...

What Axl says, or does always has, and always be out of our hands...

We are only the support group along for the ride...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #978 on: June 28, 2006, 08:36:35 PM »

GNR just played...went off without a hitch.... Made funny jokes.... Nothing bad came from the Swedish incident. Lets dead horse this beeyatch.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #979 on: June 28, 2006, 08:40:31 PM »

Seriously,

Well, like I said, even if he was tottaly wrong, the man paid his dues to Swedish society by paying his fines, the repair costs to the hotel and went on his way. So, he's done his time and paid his punishment for his crimes. I've broke the law before, I paid my fines, etc... I'm sure other people have too. People make mistakes, I've lost no respect for him because of the latest incident. It's rare I see a police officer now days be tottaly polite and by the book to when pinning someone down. I'm done now ranting about it though, if people are gonna flip out over this incident, whether or not his braids look cool, or complain that his chest looks to red.. then fuck it, enjoy yourselves.

This is why I agreed with your post in the first place. I feel like alot of people are just going to complain no matter what Axl does or who he does it with. I wish people would just stop and enjoy the band.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: