Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:47:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 131269 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #840 on: June 28, 2006, 01:25:39 PM »

I can't say that I agree with his behavior, nor am I surprised.? As others have mentioned, as long as the shows continue and someday the punchline that has become 'Chinese Democracy' to those not posting on these boards is released....oh well.? This just seems like some publicity of a rock star doing rock star things.? ?peace

sounds more like a rich spoiled baby...? If the details are true that's what it sounds like...
It does...

This is such a shock after watching his 'good behavior' from the beginning of 2006 to a few days ago.

Well if he is getting whacked and is bi polar then this isn't abnormal to me.. I mean the guy is basically a time bomb, nice as hell one minute, next going off.. None of this suprises me but he should have some more self control, he does need a USA concert eventually to push cd, promoters don't need this shit..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #841 on: June 28, 2006, 01:27:16 PM »

The other article said they are moving with 80 crews.

Why should we trust some tabloid as dubious as Sun.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2006, 01:28:07 PM »

If I worked for Clear Channel right now, I'd be very hesitant to support GNR on their US tour. ?I wouldn't care about the money either. ?It's the risk and the reputation I'd take into account and I wouldn't want to associate myself with someone as volatile as Axl Rose.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #843 on: June 28, 2006, 01:29:31 PM »

If I worked for Clear Channel right now, I'd be very hesitant to support GNR on their US tour. ?I wouldn't care about the money either. ?It's the risk and the reputation I'd take into account and I wouldn't want to associate myself with someone as volatile as Axl Rose.
I guess that's what creates his 'bad-boy' persona. hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »

The other article said they are moving with 80 crews.

Why should we trust some tabloid as dubious as Sun.

I don't know why should we?? I mean is that behaviour odd, do they just lock up anyone, does axl just pay fines when he did nothing, does hotel property get destroyed on it's own, do people just bite others ?? No way I could ever imagine axl rose having a hissy fit while being drunk or unruly...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #845 on: June 28, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »

If I worked for Clear Channel right now, I'd be very hesitant to support GNR on their US tour.  I wouldn't care about the money either.  It's the risk and the reputation I'd take into account and I wouldn't want to associate myself with someone as volatile as Axl Rose.

rofl You people crack me up. Oh my god, Axl got arrested.  Shocked The whole tour is in jeopardy now.  Roll Eyes
Why would Clear Channel care about this, none of the shows are in jeopardy. He's been to every show, there's been no riots. This has been a very positive tour so far. All this talk about him getting arrested will only help.

If Scott Weiland can tour in the in USA without a problem, after being busted 2 times in one week with drugs, then I'm sure  Axl getting arrrested wont affect their decision. Especially after the New York shows, they would be fools.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #846 on: June 28, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

I'm not excusing violent behaviour, but when you think about it getting into a scuffle and chucking a vase around ain't a patch on the behaviour of some of the Hip Hop entertainers, or the Norweigan Death Metallers.

Here today...ready to rock
Matatata
Headliner

« Reply #847 on: June 28, 2006, 01:33:34 PM »

Damn, Axl must have been really drunk. I think most of us know that when you're drunk like this you'll always act like someone else, and if you are lucky enough you won't have to regret it, but sooner or later there'll be situations whrer you'll overreact... either beeing extremely sad, funny, happy or agressive. I know that if I'm drinking much I often just can't stop partying and If there's noone I can party with, then I'm getting disappointed and upset too. Luckily I was never involved in a fight or something stupid, but I feel a bit sorry for Axl, because he prolly was just out of control and to some extend regrets it. Of course, he could have stopped earlier with Jack and Vampange, but that's what I usually want to do, but often enough I fail. Such things happen all the time... if you're a Rock-star everyone will know.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:35:32 PM by Matatata » Logged
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #848 on: June 28, 2006, 01:35:48 PM »

hihi it made the news here in Chile too. ...http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3255_5688_219448857,00.html

peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #849 on: June 28, 2006, 01:42:31 PM »

Haven't you've been seeing all these bad signs ever since the tour started?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #850 on: June 28, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »

folks,

guns are getting more publicity for this than the tour!!!!!

cop on guns always did this type of thing!!!

some people are showing their age!
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #851 on: June 28, 2006, 01:45:38 PM »

I hope those Axl quotes were fabricated ? because they make him sound like a 12 yr old. ?You'd think that those 10 yrs hidden away in his mansion would have made him grow up , ?I guess not. ? ?Axl Rose should not be in public unless he's surrounded by 3 bodyguards, it's ?probably the only way to keep shit like this from happening again. ? ?I never believed the New York Post story about Axl's eye spitting incident ?but after what happened in Stockholm ?it sounds ?about accurate . ? ?I think he's worse than he was in the 90's, ?atleast back then he was the biggest rock star on earth and was an immature egotistical ?kid . ?There is no reason for Axl to be doing shit like this at 44 yrs of age ?and at a time where he has to prove himself all over again . ? ?Let's just hope he can survive the Euro tour ?and make it back to the States ?without further incidents . ?He needs to release the album soon , ?I want to finally listen to this album and see if the music justifies the breaking up of the original band. ? ?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #852 on: June 28, 2006, 01:51:25 PM »

It made the news everywhere! I was on the phone with my mum today and she was asking me if I knew Axl Rose got arrested, I was like: "Wtf? How would she know that?". It turned out she had seen it on some website.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #853 on: June 28, 2006, 01:53:28 PM »

It made the news everywhere! I was on the phone with my mum today and she was asking me if I knew Axl Rose got arrested, I was like: "Wtf? How would she know that?". It turned out she had seen it on some website.

2 of my coworkers offered to bite me no
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #854 on: June 28, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »

From Blabbermouth

The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet (Story#1, Story#2) has revealed more information about Tuesday's (June 27) early morning brawl at Stockholm's Berns hotel that resulted in GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose being arrested on suspicion of damaging property at the hotel, assaulting a security guard and threatening police.

According to an Aftonbladet source, a security guard at the hotel heard someone cursing and swearing loudly in English in the hotel's lobby at approximately 7:30 a.m. It was Axl Rose, who was accompanied by his bodyguard. "Axl was not pleased with the rooms at the hotel," the source said. "He had seen several and was pissed off."

The hotel security guard asked Axl Rose to calm down and said, "Can you lower your voice?" But Axl continued screaming and suddenly attacked the security guard, according to Aftonbladet.

"[Axl] pushed [the guard] in the chest hard enough to cause him to almost lost his balance," the source said. "In response, the security guard grabbed Axl's braids and pulled them to the floor. That's when Axl bit him in his thigh."

At that point, Rose got hold of a nearby vase and threw it straight into an 18th century mirror worth approximately $2,000, according to Aftonbladet. The hotel staff called the police and the security guard desperately tried to regain control of the situation.

According to the source, the security guard told Axl's bodyguard, "Now you have to help me keep this guy in check." The pissed off Rose responded with threats. "Move away if you still wanna have a job," Axl screamed at his bodyguard, according to the Aftonbladet source.

A half hour earlier, Rose had checked into the hotel's biggest suite, according to the Swedish newspaper Expressen. Fifteen minutes later, Rose and his bodyguard came down to the reception and Rose screamed, "Where is everyone? Where's the party? I was promised a big party!"

To calm Rose down, his tour manager and assistant were woken up. The hotel security was also called and that's when Axl exploded, according to Expressen.

At 7:47 the police stormed into the Berns hotel with their batons drawn. They searched Axl and handcuffed him.

According to Expressen, Axl screamed at his bodyguard as he was being led away to the police car, "You are fired. You are so fucking fired."

Axl's tour crew, Swedish lawyers and concert promotion agency worked hard all day yesterday to get Rose released from police custody. In the end, it became clear that the only way Axl could be allowed to walk away was if he confessed to all charges.

At approximately 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Axl was tranported out of the police station by lying on the floor of a van and driven to the Bromma airport in central Stockholm. At 8:00 p.m., the private jet (Photo#1, Photo#2) took off from Sweden with Axl Rose and the rest of his band and headed for Oslo, where GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to perform tonight (June 2Cool.

According to an Aftonbladet source, Axl was only able to bring 10 of his suitcases with him. The rest of his luggage remained in the hotel room along with an unpaid hotel bill.

A few minutes after 9:00 p.m, the plane landed in Oslo and that's when another bizarre drama started, according to Aftonbladet.

Axl refused to leave the airplane and instead started another party at the landing field. Ice cubes were delivered by car to the plane, according to Aftonbladet. After four hours, at 1:00 a.m., Axl left the plane and was taken by limo to a hotel in central Oslo.

Axl hasnt grown up, what has he been doing all this time when he was hiding?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #855 on: June 28, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »

My mum's best friend told me that zep used to break every wall of the hotels they stayed in.
Now I'm sure that she got the info from the tabloids. Like UFO or witches on the brooms would fly. Good publicity hell yeah!
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #856 on: June 28, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »

2 of my coworkers offered to bite me no

I called a client yesterday to ask hima question & the first thing he said to me was Ohhhh you called to gossip about your man Axl, didn't you???  LMAO - I didn't even know what he was talking about! 
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #857 on: June 28, 2006, 02:07:24 PM »

According to Expressen, Axl screamed at his bodyguard as he was being led away to the police car, "You are fired. You are so fucking fired."

i dont know why i support this piece of shit. My father is the same age as this guy and may not be rich but this is laughable.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #858 on: June 28, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »

From Blabbermouth

The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet (Story#1, Story#2) has revealed more information about Tuesday's (June 27) early morning brawl at Stockholm's Berns hotel that resulted in GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose being arrested on suspicion of damaging property at the hotel, assaulting a security guard and threatening police.

According to an Aftonbladet source, a security guard at the hotel heard someone cursing and swearing loudly in English in the hotel's lobby at approximately 7:30 a.m. It was Axl Rose, who was accompanied by his bodyguard. "Axl was not pleased with the rooms at the hotel," the source said. "He had seen several and was pissed off."

The hotel security guard asked Axl Rose to calm down and said, "Can you lower your voice?" But Axl continued screaming and suddenly attacked the security guard, according to Aftonbladet.

"[Axl] pushed [the guard] in the chest hard enough to cause him to almost lost his balance," the source said. "In response, the security guard grabbed Axl's braids and pulled them to the floor. That's when Axl bit him in his thigh."

At that point, Rose got hold of a nearby vase and threw it straight into an 18th century mirror worth approximately $2,000, according to Aftonbladet. The hotel staff called the police and the security guard desperately tried to regain control of the situation.

According to the source, the security guard told Axl's bodyguard, "Now you have to help me keep this guy in check." The pissed off Rose responded with threats. "Move away if you still wanna have a job," Axl screamed at his bodyguard, according to the Aftonbladet source.

A half hour earlier, Rose had checked into the hotel's biggest suite, according to the Swedish newspaper Expressen. Fifteen minutes later, Rose and his bodyguard came down to the reception and Rose screamed, "Where is everyone? Where's the party? I was promised a big party!"

To calm Rose down, his tour manager and assistant were woken up. The hotel security was also called and that's when Axl exploded, according to Expressen.

At 7:47 the police stormed into the Berns hotel with their batons drawn. They searched Axl and handcuffed him.

Axl's tour crew, Swedish lawyers and concert promotion agency worked hard all day yesterday to get Rose released from police custody. In the end, it became clear that the only way Axl could be allowed to walk away was if he confessed to all charges.

At approximately 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Axl was tranported out of the police station by lying on the floor of a van and driven to the Bromma airport in central Stockholm. At 8:00 p.m., the private jet (Photo#1, Photo#2) took off from Sweden with Axl Rose and the rest of his band and headed for Oslo, where GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to perform tonight (June 2Cool.

According to an Aftonbladet source, Axl was only able to bring 10 of his suitcases with him. The rest of his luggage remained in the hotel room along with an unpaid hotel bill.

A few minutes after 9:00 p.m, the plane landed in Oslo and that's when another bizarre drama started, according to Aftonbladet.

Axl refused to leave the airplane and instead started another party at the landing field. Ice cubes were delivered by car to the plane, according to Aftonbladet. After four hours, at 1:00 a.m., Axl left the plane and was taken by limo to a hotel in central Oslo.

That is an Axl story for the ages  hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #859 on: June 28, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »

More media attention/fallout from the story, long time GNR/Axl supporter Jim Rome just absolutely hammered Axl...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: