Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 131084 times)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2006, 07:40:25 PM »

The next couple of days will be very interesting.... The Axl from '02 would probably have already packed up camp and been back in Malibu watching Laker DVD's by now.... The Axl from '06 that pulled his shit together and salvaged the sinking ship that was the Download festival would perservere through this... maybe say something funny on stage tomorrow night and move on with the rest of the tour without incident. Here's hoping for the latter.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #721 on: June 27, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »

Hah, they just did a report on the incident on the E! channel. They showed pics of him from recent concerts and talked about 'the bite'. They called the segment 'Appetite For Destruction'.
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #722 on: June 27, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

I knew this would happen sooner or later. News of Axl's antics have reached celeb blogs. Not saying that theres anything bad about it.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/2006/06/27/axl_rose_is_a_cannibal.html

Also, look at the article above his on the main page, good ol' Eva Longoria  beer
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #723 on: June 27, 2006, 08:17:33 PM »

I think the title should be "Taste Good, Don't It"

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #724 on: June 27, 2006, 08:28:47 PM »

I don?t get why some of you, shall i say most, get this as cool, as the return of the badass axl... I think this is pure embarassment for this new band, poor guys indeed... God, Axl isnt in his 30s, he?s 44 years old! It?s ok to party yes, but god wasn?t it reasonable for him to be more mature these days? C?mon... I really think this all accident sucks and doesn?t give any good imagine for this new band at all. my view. no

http://www.perezhilton.com/index.php?page=2

i shouldnt be posting this as this just gives more publicity to this stupid guy called perez but it?s just the news, in a stupid website. dont bother about it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:44:15 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Steel_Angel
« Reply #725 on: June 27, 2006, 08:32:49 PM »

I don?t get why some of you, shall i say most, get this as cool, as the return of the badass axl... I think this is pure embarassment for this new band, pure guys indeed... God, Axl isnt in his 30s, he?s 44 years old! It?s ok to party yes, but god wasn?t it reasonable for him to be more mature these days? C?mon... I really think this all accident sucks and doesn?t give any good imagine for this new band at all. my view. no
doesnt matter how old he is, he will always be "Axl Rose".. think about it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #726 on: June 27, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

I love how before this happened everyone was complaining that Axl was "too nice and calm" these days. Now the guy goes and does something he would've done in 1990 and everyone is yelling that he should grow up.

Again, we look for things to complain about here.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #727 on: June 27, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »

I don't think this is cool, but I do think its funny.

A drunk rock star biting a security guard. That's funny, not cool. hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #728 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »

I love how before this happened everyone was complaining that Axl was "too nice and calm" these days. Now the guy goes and does something he would've done in 1990 and everyone is yelling that he should grow up.

Again, we look for things to complain about here.

lol k u might have a point but... u really think this all is cool??

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #729 on: June 27, 2006, 08:48:33 PM »

It would make for a great song on the second al-bum.  Axl, take notes.  hihi
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #730 on: June 27, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »

I realize there is something out of the ordinary for a 44 year old man to bite a security guard and get arrested, BUT there is something really cool about all this!!!!  Sorry it just is!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #731 on: June 27, 2006, 09:04:57 PM »

I was just watching "Countdown w/ Keith Olberman", and he began the story ?" ?Axl Rose bites. (beat) Oh wait there's more to this story." ?It was pretty funny. ?They showed the video of his performance with Springsteen at the RRHoF. ?I love Keith. rofl

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #732 on: June 27, 2006, 09:09:10 PM »

Was this posted yet? Axl made a statement:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=54297

AXL ROSE Says He Was Just 'Talking' To His Assistant Prior To Swedish Arrest - June 27, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has released a statement regarding his early morning arrest in Stockholm, Sweden on suspicion of damaging property at a hotel, assaulting a security guard and threatening police.

According to a Swedish police spokesperson, Rose got into an altercation with a hotel security guard early Tuesday morning at an afterparty following GUNS N' ROSES' sold-out gig at the Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden.

Rose was released from jail late Tuesday after confessing to the charges and agreeing to pay a fine of $5,500, according to The Associated Press. Officials also ordered Rose to pay $1,300 in damages to the security guard whom he assaulted.

Towe Hagg, a spokesperson for the Stockholm Police Department, told MTV News that Rose remained in a holding cell much of the morning sobering up before officers could speak to him about the incident. One of the arresting officers told the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that Rose was "aggressive and acting out" following his arrest and was handcuffed due to his outbursts.

"We had a great gig in Stockholm and I am not going to let this incident spoil that," Rose said in a statement, according to MTV News. "My assistant Beta and I were talking in the lobby of the hotel when security started to give us a hard time. My only concern was to make sure she was OK."

Hagg said Rose got into an altercation with a woman at the hotel's bar around 8 a.m., and when a hotel security guard tried to stop the fight, Rose attacked him.

"He bit him on the leg and then the hotel staff called the police and we came and apprehended him," Hagg told MTV News. During the brawl, an enraged Rose broke one of the hotel's mirrors, but due to the ongoing investigation, Hagg could not give details on what Rose said to the arresting officers that could land him a charge of threatening a police official. That crime is punishable by jail time, but it is not likely Rose would be incarcerated in this case.

"He was drunk, and in the police station they took him to a cell to sleep for a few hours," Hagg said.

The 30-year-old security guard who broke up the fight between the woman and Rose was allegedly taken to a hospital for evaluation Tuesday morning.

"He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus," said Antonio Saluena, the chief of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.

GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to perform in Oslo, Norway, on Wednesday (June 28)

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #733 on: June 27, 2006, 09:10:20 PM »

Damn, Olbermann's got a great show and I was actually watching part of it earlier, but I had no idea there would be an Axl mention and I missed this part. It repeats on MSNBC at midnight if anyone does want to watch it, probably just a short mention though.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #734 on: June 27, 2006, 09:12:19 PM »

I was just watching "Countdown w/ Keith Olberman", and he began the story  "  Axl Rose bites. (beat) Oh wait there's more to this story."  It was pretty funny.  They showed the video of his performance with Springsteen at the RRHoF.  I love Keith. rofl

Yeah I saw that too.  Wasn't too brutal.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #735 on: June 27, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »

Common guys, I think some of you are taking this a bit too serious... I mean I'm not gonna condone Axl biting a security guard or maybe even being a complete asshole to a chick.. but common dudes, we've all been on vacation and gotten too fucked up and done dumb shit, I seen some of you shit canned in New York, some of us acted like donkeys.. Axl's still a rockstar, he's gonna drink a bit too much at one time or another. Axl's always gonna have a little edge too him, I'm glad we've seen some proof it's still there.

Case and point, I thought my little cousins were the biggest dorks, I was scared they were gonna go into high school and get picked on, not think for themselves, not stick up for themselves, etc.... then I came over to my grandmothers one weekend and like the whole family was over here and I seen my two little cousins sitting there scared on the coach... I asked what did they do?? I was told they threw a bunch of shit in the apartment complex pool, shit on the chairs, and egged the townhouse.. was I happy they did all of that no... was I happy to see a little spirit or rebellion and some "intensity" in them... fuck yes... it's the same with this situation. The fact that Axl's 44 doesn't matter, some people just have an edge or an attitude to them, and I'm happy Axl still has it. yes
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 09:17:52 PM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #736 on: June 27, 2006, 09:20:56 PM »

I don't get it man. I've always been into Bands for their music. Not for their immature behavior.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #737 on: June 27, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

Well this confuses me:

"We had a great gig in Stockholm and I am not going to let this incident spoil that," Rose said in a statement, according to MTV News. "My assistant Beta and I were talking in the lobby of the hotel when security started to give us a hard time. My only concern was to make sure she was OK."

Hagg said Rose got into an altercation with a woman at the hotel's bar around 8 a.m., and when a hotel security guard tried to stop the fight, Rose attacked him.

Seems like Axl was talking with Beta and another woman said something to Beta or to Axl and Axl interveined to protect Beta and then security got involved.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #738 on: June 27, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »

I read Axl Rose bit someone... is that true?? ?Undecided
badapple81
« Reply #739 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:51 PM »

8am??

i wonder if Axl's back on the shit? ?Let's hope not.

Should be ok. I recall many nights when I hadn't yet sobered up by 8am hehehe
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: