Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:26:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 132656 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »

Biting someones leg?? Huh?? ?I love Axl and think its very rock n' roll to get into fights and trash things/places, but biting a dude in the leg?? Reminds me of tyson/holyfield.? I hope Axl isn't becoming more wierd then cool? Undecided

If someone had you pinned down and you could not move, and you wanted to get up, would you bite someone?

So tell me...whats it like to swing from Axl's nuts....??

Axl could shoot an old lady and cut off a babys head and you would still find a way to defend him.

You do know what a security guard is right? Its not a cop. If you went to a concert and was moshing, and one of those guards pinned you down hurting you, you would not try to get him off you in anyway?

you honestly mean to tell me you think there is nothing wierd about a grown man biting someone?? Throw into the fact he is a world famous rockstar and you STILL think its not abnormal and that the average person isn't going to think hes a wierdo?? Its ok to criticize Axl....he will still love you? rofl

You did read the part where I said I am not saying its ok he did it right? I just said I can understand why he would do it.

and did you not read the part where I said people are going to think this is wierd and odd behavior?? Do you remember how Tyson was ridiculed for biting Holyfield?? I can see the cartoon caricatures and flash videos now of Axl on all fours foaming at the mouth growling at Slash or Weiland.? Its just not bad ass at all.? if he got into a fight with security/cops or anyone, even if he got beat down, it'd be "cooler" then biting someone.? When the headline on one of the most popular sites in the world reads "Axl Rose jailed for allegedly biting man in leg" that isn't cool, its cringe worthy.

Dude, the time you spend here, purposely misrepresenting facts, and arguing is more disturbing than fighting off the cops when they have you pinned on the ground.? Really, your word games make me wonder if you are involved in propaganda efforts?? Everyone who reads the story knows what happened:? cops pinned Rose, he bit their frickin leg while drunk and resisting the Authority.? I fought the law and the law one, but I still fought them.? This one, just add's to the show, and will benefit album sales and ticket sales.? Take it to the bank.? I know this industry.

hahaha, what in the world are you talking about?Huh?? "misrepresenting facts??"? ? "propaganda efforts"?? ?rofl? rofl? You're nuts.

Its on AOL.com now too.
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles/_a/intoxicated-axl-rose-jailed-in-stockholm/20060627080909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

It's called sarcasm (ie, propaganda efforts). ?Really, why do you just argue counterpoints to every thread? ?It's goofy, for lack of a better term. ? It's just funny, that you always seem to misrepresent facts, to prove your so-called point.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »

Hopefully, this doesn't derail the tour...

I really hope someone changes the title of the thread soon......

AXL IS OUT OF JAIL. He was fined approx $7000 and is free to go. ?No derailed tour Smiley

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
makane
Legend

« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2006, 02:22:40 PM »

AXL IS OUT OF JAIL. He was fined approx $7000 and is free to go. ?No derailed tour Smiley
And? He could've flipped out and said "fuck it, im not playing there"

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

Unless this experience threw him off the deep end and he decides to...........go home!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2006, 02:23:48 PM »

You do know what a security guard is right? Its not a cop. If you went to a concert and was moshing, and one of those guards pinned you down hurting you, you would not try to get him off you in anyway?
who cares if it is a cop or a security guard.. you dont bite people... and he wasnt at a concert moshing around... he was in a hotel lobby... ?If you have millions of dollars and your band is the biggest thing in the country that night you should never have to bite someone... its all falling apart for the Waxl now....

A mult is ?a second username used when the original was banned or just hated.

Nobody that HAS posted here today knows AXl side of the story. ?

YES biting someone is permitable depending on the cicumstances. I looked it up it is in the page of life called survival. Unless some one shows footage showing axl barking like a dog, I would assume he was forced to the ground retsrained in a way that cuased pain and he was trying to get free from the pain. The human body is remarkable and under stress will react.
I know myself when I can not breath because of being pinned down I go balistic. We were not ther lets not nail the man to the cross just yet.

Oh and what do you people expect this is gnr not bon jovi. This was the norm for many years. ?
I agree. ? Think about it...Axl would not have bent down to bite someone's leg, so the security guard's leg must have been close enough to Axl's face or neck for him to bite it. ?Probably some sort of improvised choke hold. ?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #545 on: June 27, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »

For those wondering, if you've ever been taken down by a guard or guards in some sort of fray, there's arms and legs flying fucking everywhere, at times a guard  will drop a leg on you to pin you down, and it's pretty fucking common for them to get bit. If you don't know this you obviously don't spent a lot of time in seedy clubs/bars.

He was drunk, scuffled, sat in the drunk tank, and is now out of jail having paid a fine that for us might suck but for him is fucking pocket change. All he has to do is live with the hangover and head to Oslo and all is well.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2006, 02:24:18 PM »

axl just got out of jail an hour ago i just read on aftonbladet.se.. he was released around 19.00 and it's now 20.23 in sweden.. and he will pay 50 000 SEK in fine
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »

If you don't know this you obviously don't spent a lot of time in seedy clubs/bars.

Or high-end hotels.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »

Newsman, what "facts" am i misrepresenting?  As for me giving my opinion on how I feel about axl biting someone, I don't see how that is arguing counterpoints as you put it - its my opinion (and I'm clearly not the only one who thinks that way).  Just b/c I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am arguing it.  You seem to have also missed my point that I'm not saying the biting wasn't justified or that I wouldn't do it myself (especially if i was obliterated drunk) but I'm not famous and this isn't going to be read or seen by millions - biting is just considered wierd behavior - whats funny is how some of you can't comprehend that the average person will think that.  I've always been a huge Axl supporter but its ok to criticize people you admire and still be a fan.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #549 on: June 27, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »

from blabbermouth...

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose was released from a Swedish jail at approximately 7:00 p.m. Tuesday (June 27) after paying a 50,000 Swedish kronor (approximately $6,800) fine in connection with an incident early Tuesday when he allegedly bit a security guard in the leg at his Stockholm hotel.

Axl admitted attacking and threatening the guard, as well as causing damage to the Berns Hotel where the alleged scuffle took place, according to prosecutor Fredrik Ingblad.

It was unclear what caused the fight, but Swedish tabloids said the guard tried to intervene when Rose started arguing with a woman ? allegedly his own assistant, according to Expressen ? in the hotel lobby.

The 30-year-old security guard, who broke up the fight between the woman and Rose, was allegedly bitten in the leg and taken to a hospital for evaluation Tuesday morning. He will reportedly receive about 10,000 Swedish kronor out of the 50,000 SEK fine paid out by Axl.

"He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus," said Antonio Saluena, the chief of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.

"[Axl] broke a mirror in the hotel reception" ? allegedly by throwing a vase at it ? "and was very upset," a witness said. "It is somewhat unclear as to why. He was also about to get into a scuffle with another hotel guest."

GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to perform in Oslo, Norway, on Wednesday (June 28).

Beta is his own assistent, right ?!

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #550 on: June 27, 2006, 02:26:08 PM »

Top Story on Billboard too (just a reprint of the Yahoo/AP one)

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002728674

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: June 27, 2006, 02:26:24 PM »

Good news that he is out. He probably won't even think about it again untill it is time to play Out Ta Get Me like some people have been saying. Although, given the way he has (usually!) been calm on this tour, we might not hear about this incident and it will just fade away...

Important thing is that he is back out and allowed to walk the streets.
EFISH
« Reply #552 on: June 27, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »

from blabbermouth...

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose was released from a Swedish jail at approximately 7:00 p.m. Tuesday (June 27) after paying a 50,000 Swedish kronor (approximately $6,800) fine in connection with an incident early Tuesday when he allegedly bit a security guard in the leg at his Stockholm hotel.

Axl admitted attacking and threatening the guard, as well as causing damage to the Berns Hotel where the alleged scuffle took place, according to prosecutor Fredrik Ingblad.

It was unclear what caused the fight, but Swedish tabloids said the guard tried to intervene when Rose started arguing with a woman ? allegedly his own assistant, according to Expressen ? in the hotel lobby.

The 30-year-old security guard, who broke up the fight between the woman and Rose, was allegedly bitten in the leg and taken to a hospital for evaluation Tuesday morning. He will reportedly receive about 10,000 Swedish kronor out of the 50,000 SEK fine paid out by Axl.

"He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus," said Antonio Saluena, the chief of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.

"[Axl] broke a mirror in the hotel reception" ? allegedly by throwing a vase at it ? "and was very upset," a witness said. "It is somewhat unclear as to why. He was also about to get into a scuffle with another hotel guest."

Yes, but it isn't confirmed that it was her who he was aruging with.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #553 on: June 27, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »

I don't think we'll ever get the full story of exactly what happened... but it sounds like a hard night of boozing, maybe a little play in the snow, Axl beaking some skank at the hotel, a security guard probably being a little too rough, and some shit getting smashed...

I'm still riding the lollercoaster.... hihi
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #554 on: June 27, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »

from blabbermouth...

It may not have been Beta.

Origen
« Reply #555 on: June 27, 2006, 02:28:39 PM »

From Sky News:

Sweden Arrest for Axl Rose:

Axl Rose, lead singer of rock legends Guns n' Roses, has been arrested in the Swedish capital Stockholm.

The wildman was arrested on suspicion of violent conduct and damaging a hotel room, police said.

Rose, who had played a concert with the re-formed band in Stockholm on Monday night, was "too drunk to talk" when he was detained.

Police said he was being held in a cell unit sober enough for questioning.

The Sweet Child Of Mine and Paradise City singer suspected of attacking a security guard and threatening a policeman.

He is also said to have "caused minor damage to the interior of the hotel" a police spokeswoman said.

If he is found quilty of violent conduct he could face up to four years in prison. If convicted of a misdemeanour, he could face up to six months in prison or a fine.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #556 on: June 27, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »

I don't think we'll ever get the full story of exactly what happened... but it sounds like a hard night of boozing, maybe a little play in the snow, Axl beaking some skank at the hotel, a security guard probably being a little too rough, and some shit getting smashed...

Either way, it sounds like he was beyond fired up and just raging - maybe its good he got busted as he might have done some serious harm to himself (or someone else). 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #557 on: June 27, 2006, 02:30:09 PM »

not sure if this has been posted... not gonna search 28 pages to find out

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060627/music_nm/gunsnroses_dc_2
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #558 on: June 27, 2006, 02:31:46 PM »

Either way, it sounds like he was beyond fired up and just raging - maybe its good he got busted as he might have done some serious harm to himself or someone else).?

He could have given the guard a lethal tetanus problem? Shocked

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #559 on: June 27, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »

Hanna, let's just agree to disagree here. ?I do notice, though, that Axl is getting top headlines for this. ?Really, if he releases a great press release, with a killer quote about resisting authority, or a funny one-liner, this will be a great publicity move. ?To tell you the truth, though, it is great entertainment if nothing else.  That's what the world loves, they want stars to live out their dreams, so they can vicariously ride the roller coaster themselves.   This story just fuels that conduit!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 02:36:26 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: