Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:03:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 133525 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2006, 10:55:04 AM »

If Scott or Slash or Duff had of done this they would of been called junkies for it, but because Axl did it he's "bad ass" it's double standards.

That was kind of my point. When VR were dubbing themselves as a "dangerous" rock band we heard a barrage of criticism about how there is no danger involved with wealthy men in their 40's pretending they were 20 years old again. All they supposedly were was a bunch of drunks and junkies embarassing themselves by making such claims.

I just get a kick out of how the story changes now that Axl is participating in the same behavior/life style those people were criticising.

I think what Axl did was stupid and embaressing.

The difference, though, between Axl and "the other guys", is that "the other guys" talked and boasted about being a bad-asses.  Axl has made no claims of that sort.  He just went out and did it.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2006, 10:56:30 AM »

Does anybody of a Pro Shot  of this incident??   hihi
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

If Scott or Slash or Duff had of done this they would of been called junkies for it, but because Axl did it he's "bad ass" it's double standards.

That was kind of my point. When VR were dubbing themselves as a "dangerous" rock band we heard a barrage of criticism about how there is no danger involved with wealthy men in their 40's pretending they were 20 years old again. All they supposedly were was a bunch of drunks and junkies embarassing themselves by making such claims.

I just get a kick out of how the story changes now that Axl is participating in the same behavior/life style those people were criticising.

The difference, though, between Axl and "the other guys", is that "the other guys" talked and boasted about being a bad-asses.  Axl has made no claims of that sort.  He just went out and did it.

Unfortunately you don't know what Axl did.

All you keep reading is reports from newspapers. For all we know it could be bullshit...

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »

The difference, though, between Axl and "the other guys", is that "the other guys" talked and boasted about being a bad-asses.? Axl has made no claims of that sort.? He just went out and did it.

Unfortunately you don't know what Axl did.

All you keep reading is reports from newspapers. For all we know it could be bullshit...

True, but I assume he did something to get arrested, as opposed to talking about something.

Again, though, if Axl did what the papers are reporting, I think it's very uncool.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2006, 10:58:52 AM »

Those guys have families and shit like that now. Axl does not, and have never changed. Anyone complaining I don't understand. You all know what Axl does. It will never change.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Annie
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2006, 10:59:31 AM »

I really think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I am a very petite and nice person and even I have had bad experiences with security people on power trips. At Heathrow Airport in the late 80's I was totally felt up by a female security person and when I protested she was very rude and to make matters worse my Dad took her side and he was totally unsupportive. Things could have really escalated but I pushed my feelings down and it still makes me mad to think about it.I doubt the argument was with Beta. She once said that Axl only gets physical when he feels threatened.
carlosmontana
Headliner

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven

« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2006, 11:00:06 AM »

Normally you wouldn't get taken in to custody for this. It's ridiculous. It so out of proportion, breaking a vase and a mirror, bite someone  in the leg and shout at the police when in anger and "threatning" them? I'd just thougt he'd dober up in the drunk tank and get a fine or something. Now its like its risk he's leaving the country Huh

Of course you would be taken in to custody for fighting and biting a security guard.
and it's pretty normal to detain non-swedes to avoid flight.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »

Someone mentioned that this incident was "punk rock". ?I disagree, its more drunk uncle at a wedding type behavior (and I've always loved those guys; first thing I do when I'm at a wedding is find that guy and order shots). ?

Also, I don't think this is a question of maturation. ?People tend to overanalyze. ?The guy has a temper so shit like this is going to happen from time to time. ?He'll be be having these incidents when he's 64 and beyond...

anythinggoes
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »

Does anybody of a Pro Shot? of this incident??? ?hihi

nope but there may be an audio i heard it was going to hoarded along with HOB pro shot

As with all these things we will probably never knw the full truth who was to blame etc as long as it doesnt affect the tour what happens outside of the concerts is of no real significance
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2006, 11:04:36 AM »

I see nme.com have quickly jumped on this story, despite recently being too slow to give a fair or accurate account of the Gunners live:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/23455
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2006, 11:06:08 AM »

Just got to the office and saw this. ?

Axls fucking stupid for doing this, but for some reason I just find this hilarious and definately "rock in roll". Smiley

ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2006, 11:19:28 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/27/sweden.axl.ap/index.html

From CNN

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2006, 11:23:50 AM »

Just got to the office and saw this. 

Axls fucking stupid for doing this, but for some reason I just find this hilarious and definately "rock in roll". Smiley
so you think it was 100% his fault? so all the people who said axl should've fucked up Hillfiger are mad at this?  im sure something went down to set him off.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2006, 11:24:23 AM »

I think if there had been evidence that Axl had physically assualted this woman at the hotel, the news definitely would have reported that he had physically assaulted her. ?Sounds like they were intentionally vague with saying they argued.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2006, 11:24:51 AM »

come on, I don't think Axl planned on all this shit happening, shit happens when you have fun!!!!!
Take the good with the bad nobodies perfect like some of you guys...fucken geeks!!!!!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2006, 11:25:25 AM »

WTF!!??? AXL HAS BITTEN A POLICE GUARD??? oh god... this is the end!!! but sure made me laugh... oh well...

rofl rofl

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2006, 11:29:55 AM »

This thread is really funny.

The guy had some fun, he got drunk and he made a mistake, ALL ACCORDING TO THE NEWSPAPERS, WE DON'T KNOW IF ALL THIS SHIT IS TRUE.

You've never got drunk?

You've never made a mistake?

Do you know for sure that all these reports are true?

Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2006, 11:31:27 AM »

Just got to the office and saw this.?

so you think it was 100% his fault? so all the people who said axl should've fucked up Hillfiger are mad at this?? im sure something went down to set him off.
I'm surprised at this, because Axl took the high road when he chose not to beat the stuffings out of Hilfiger. ?Even though some people thought he was a big puss, I thought it showed a lot of maturity and self-restraint. ?Granted, people do stupid things when they get piss drunk, but I've read in the past Axl said he knows he gets mean when he drinks a lot. ?
Also, just my two cents, but I predict that the official press release is going to have such a spin on it... I hate to say it, but I don't think Axl is going to take any personal responsibility for this at all. ?It just seems like with everything that implodes around him, it's always someone else's fault.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »

This is typical drunken rockstar behaviour. Hell I've had to hold back one of my own friends from getting into it with a cop when drunk.

No big deal IF it's resolved without fucking up the tour. I hope the prosecutor isn't a hardass for the sake of Norweigan fans.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2006, 11:33:21 AM »

This thread is really funny.

The guy had some fun, he got drunk and he made a mistake, ALL ACCORDING TO THE NEWSPAPERS, WE DON'T KNOW IF ALL THIS SHIT IS TRUE.

You've never got drunk?

You've never made a mistake?

Do you know for sure that all these reports are true?

Agree 100%

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: