Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 133131 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:34 AM »

Again I do not know how old most on here are, but when i was 15 & 16 GNR were like gods to me, a day did not go by that Kurt Loder on mtv was not saying something about gnr. It was dangerous, it was rebelous, it was exciting, IT WAS ROCK N ROLL. It was the stuff our parents warned us about, but guess what we did not listen. This will only sell more records to the 16 to 20 something crowd. And that is exactly what Axl needs. The old skool reg. fans might by milk and bread for the family instead of the record when it comes out. The youth of today thrives on this stuff. ?Axl created the tough wild image years ago. Eminem brought that to the kids for years, ?now it is axl turn to take that age group back.

hihi ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »

Do a google or yahoo search for axl rose in news. Pages are loaded. There was very little press about ny shows, europe tour, tommy hilfiger etc. For most the world this just lets them know axl is still axl the one they loved years ago.

We all love axl man, we've both probably been following since we were kids but listen it hasn't just looked like axl is back ,that tommy shit was in all the leading nyc papers day in and day out, he looked very foolish.. it's different when someone is 25 being bad ass then 44, you look lame, then the goofy pics with the braides.. it becomes a joke not a bad ass rocker.. Fighting with fags like tommy, biting someone in the leg, arguing with women, breaking something in a hotel lobby..

Russell crowe looked like a complete tool as does naomi

Actually, while I share the same thoughts you do Mike, this stuff actually makes many people more curious and interested in the band. ?It's a sardonic-curiosity, that the American media loves. ?A few more incidents like this, and Axl will be very popular in the States. ?America loves it's rock stars, acting like rock stars. ?It's not like he was in a controversy like Michael Jackson. ?A drunken brawl, actually scores points with the 15-25 crowd. ?I don't like it, but the publicity will be ok. ?The Hilfiger thing, actually ended up being good publicity, if that is something that can be measured. ?Many more people knew that Axl was out and gigging again, after the Plum Incident.

i guess i see this as biting not a drunken brawl... ?who knows if the tommy thin ended up good made it seem like a 50 something lame ass japped axl

Sure, but this thread is proof--it will be more viewed, and have more posts than any in the past month. ?It's sardonic-curiosity! ?That's why the tabloids exist, and sell like hell! ?The publicity will make make many people aware that GNR are touring Europe, and that the album is expected this year, and Axl is still a rock-star out partying and fighting/biting cops. ?Not that bad, all things considered.
No doubt people will know he's out there touring, but he looks like an old fool instead of a bad ass rcoker making a comeback.. The media will throw in tommy hilfiger or the last tour failing, or the band is not original or he shows up late.. All the spin is bad, just makes people upset imo.. We disagree, he'll be known, how who knows..

the fact that there is conflict in opinion about how this whole matter wil portray him shoiws that there wont be one clear view, some people will be excited about the 'return of bad ass rock'n'roll axl', others will think he's ?a pathetic aging fool. down to personal preference on the matter. the media may demonising and make him look pshychotic, but it may work to hi sadvantage...ahh only time will tell. we will see.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
badapple81
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2006, 10:07:16 AM »

btw .. this was just on CNN Headline news.

Was on the main news here too.. and I havent seen Axl or GNR on the news here since 1993.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2006, 10:07:55 AM »

so what happen what did he do?

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:25 AM »

dog bites man-not news
man bites dog-breaking news
axl bites security guard-pages and pages and pages of yappin' at HTGTH!

NOW it's a tour.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2006, 10:09:19 AM »

Awesome. Now no one can be saying this incident is a bad thing.

Its good publicity baby!
Brody
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2006, 10:12:49 AM »

no1 should bitch that axl is 44 etc... enough already with the pg version of AXL.  Bon Jovi may be your speed if you cant handle the fact that axl still has a set of nuts and its the Jack Daniels BTW...every time I drink JD while I'm out something ends up happening.  That shit is pure balls pumping through your body. 
Well If thats the Case then maybe you have a problem?
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »

Was on the main news here too.. and I havent seen Axl or GNR on the news here since 1993.

just saw it on sky, didnt say much though, said he trashed his hotel room not the lobby though, and just said he 'supposedly attacked a security guard and threatened a police officer'

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2006, 10:14:49 AM »

Its good publicity baby!

Well, let's see.

Supposedly, they haven't released Axl from custody yet.  They're considering him a 'flight risk'.  I'd say that makes this entire incident a 'bad thing' - regardless of the stories generated by it.

A couple missed shows isn't good, no matter how you look at it.  I, for one, hope this gets resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible.  Little good can come of this.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2006, 10:15:45 AM »

My thoughts on this whole thing...

Oslo has no worries, he'll be out in no time. ?I don't think they will make a huge lawsuit over this because no one got seriously injured. ?He may have to pay a fine and pay to fix whatever he broke. ?Axl has a huge financial burden hanging over his head. ?At least in the US, I believe he could cite that legal financial burden as a means to at least finish the tour before facing the charges.

I think (I don't know because I'm no insider) that he had a fight with a woman who was with him (someone he knows, not a groupie) and that security tried to make him stop. ?All hell broke loose hihi

I don't think he will rant. ?He doesn't seem to do that this time around. ?I think he might make a one liner, something like "You guys in the front row should be careful, I've been known to bite!" and that's it.

Again, these are just my opinion. ?I am not a lawer and am just looking at this from the outside like the rest of us Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Origen
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:45 AM »

Its good publicity baby!

Well, let's see.

Supposedly, they haven't released Axl from custody yet.? They're considering him a 'flight risk'.? I'd say that makes this entire incident a 'bad thing' - regardless of the stories generated by it.

A couple missed shows isn't good, no matter how you look at it.? I, for one, hope this gets resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible.? Little good can come of this.

-darknemus

I'd be seriously pissed if the all/any UK tour dates got pissed, but hopefully it won't go anywhere near that far, since it's 3 weeks away.

EFISH
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »

I don't think he will rant. ?He doesn't seem to do that this time around. ?I think he might make a one liner, something like "You guys in the front row should be careful, I've been known to bite!"

quote]

that would be hilarious!
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2006, 10:19:59 AM »

its on MTV.com now
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2006, 10:20:09 AM »

I love it!!

Ritz Reeves III
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »

What time is it in Sweden? Does anyone know the process over there for this type of stuff can you be arrained at any time  24hrs a day etc?

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2006, 10:23:06 AM »

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,848131,00.html

Prosecutor says he can't promise anything about Oslo...when the fuck is he going to release him Huh

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2006, 10:23:45 AM »

Its good publicity baby!

Well, let's see.

Supposedly, they haven't released Axl from custody yet.? They're considering him a 'flight risk'.? I'd say that makes this entire incident a 'bad thing' - regardless of the stories generated by it.

A couple missed shows isn't good, no matter how you look at it.? I, for one, hope this gets resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible.? Little good can come of this.

-darknemus

I'd be seriously pissed if the all/any UK tour dates got pissed, but hopefully it won't go anywhere near that far, since it's 3 weeks away.

yeah, i'd be gutted if i couldnt see them because of this shit. but hopefully since its like a month away it wont effect it, it better not *shakes fist*

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2006, 10:23:54 AM »

It's funny how many of the same people encouraging this type of behavior and lauding it for being so "bad ass" are the same people who tell us time and time again how ridiculous it would be for a wealthy, middle aged man to be writing Appetite style rock songs because he has matured and moved passed that. Seems like someone has forgotten to remind Axl he isn't 25 anymore, or at the very least isn't supposed to act like it anymore.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2006, 10:26:42 AM »

It's funny how many of the same people encouraging this type of behavior and lauding it for being so "bad ass" are the same people who tell us time and time again how ridiculous it would be for a wealthy, middle aged man to be writing Appetite style rock songs because he has matured and moved passed that. Seems like someone has forgotten to remind Axl he isn't 25 anymore, or at the very least isn't supposed to act like it anymore.

Well I for one have no problem with appetite style songs. I say more the better. I have no problem with him thinking he is still 25. That would mean he has atleast another good 30 years in him rofl

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
carlosmontana
Headliner

Nigel Tufnel: These go to eleven

« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2006, 10:30:34 AM »

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,848131,00.html

Prosecutor says he can't promise anything about Oslo...when the fuck is he going to release him Huh

According to Swedish law, 3 days is the longest they can hold him. After that there must be a court date to prolong the arrest.

Edit: If the prosecutor thinks that the sentence in court will be a fine or suspended sentence, Axl can plead guilty, sign a form and pay a fine, and he walks. In my opinion this is what will happen. The police is prob. taking statments and stuff, when that done Axl will pay the fine and go to Oslo (well, if he still wants to).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 10:36:57 AM by carlosmontana » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: