Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron not a fulltime member of GnR's (discuss his words)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron not a fulltime member of GnR's (discuss his words)  (Read 4955 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 08:30:39 PM »

After Ron's statement about not drinking, drugging, or fucking around on his wife, it's obvious that he doesn't have it in him to be a gunner and he should be fired.

I lol'd  hihi

But, I'd like Ron to stay........
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »

After Ron's statement about not drinking, drugging, or fucking around on his wife, it's obvious that he doesn't have it in him to be a gunner and he should be fired.

I lol'd? hihi

Me, too.  The first show was shaky, but he's proved he can hold his own, in my opinion.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »

I like him. About time someone had their heads on their shoulders and he has just that.

Nothing to say
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 09:59:37 PM »

Regarding Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.  They never really returned to being good friends.  I work in the hotel business and see and hear about a lot of big name bands coming in and out of the hotels I sell or have sold for.   Three years ago, we lost a bid to host Aerosmith when they were in Chicago for a tour.  After we lost the bid, their manager, or should I say Joe Perry's manager contacted us for a suite for Joe.  He didn't stay in the same hotel as the rest of the members of the band & crew.  I got to talking with his manager when he checked in the day of the concert and Joe's manager was like "Joe tries to stay away from the other guys.  Joe doesn't get along well with Steven or Tom and likes to have his space."  It was wierd hearing that because Joe and Steven always appear to be close during interviews and on stage.  It is clearly a business situation there- kind of like at work where you have to tolerate co-workers you hate for the greater good of making money.  That's exactly what they are doing. 

Guns N' Roses could have went that route because Axl doesn't appear to be close with the guys in the current line-up anyway.  He might as well have asked Slash back into the band, learned to tolerate them, and then stay away from them too except when it is time to take the stage.  He was already doing that in 1993-94, but the other members weren't old enough to deal with it then.  Now they have families and real adult lives that don't just involve getting wasted and rock-n-roll.  They would probably appreciate Axl's intent on keeping things business. 
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »

I do think its strange he was only given a few songs to listen to, and they were on a laptop computer, in an office at the record label's building.

Why not give him a CD of his own? Let him go to the studio? I don't know......
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:05:43 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

I lol'd? hihi

Me, too.? The first show was shaky, but he's proved he can hold his own, in my opinion.

Yeah, that's true.. I hated him at first... Lisbon changed everything.
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 10:14:40 PM »

Interesting to hear about Perry's relationship with the band. ?I never knew that. ?

i actually thinks that it's axl that don't want slash back and not slash that don't wanna go back.. i'm sure slash want to be friends with axl again but not axl be friensd with him.. anyway, did perry and tyler really broke areosmith up for a while?.. i always thougt that they have always been the best of friends and playing together.. jagger and richards? wow i didnt knew that one either.. forgotten my homework again apperantly? hihi
yea buddy, happened in the early 80s, i believe perry left because of the other members excessive use of drugs. correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure thats the story.

Yes - I think you're right. ?Joe Perry left late 1970s-early 1980s, and so did Aerosmith's other guitar player, Brad Whitford. ?They each did their own solo stuff for several years. ?(Regarding drugs, I think both Tyler and Perry were still heroin users at the time). ?Perry went on to record 3 albums with his own band, "The Joe Perry Project." ?Meanwhile, Aerosmith continued with two new players, put out Rock in a Hard Place around 1982, and then reunited around '84 I think (correct me if I'm wrong). ?From what I remember reading, their reunion was pretty amazing - Perry and Whitford attended an Aeromsith concert and walked up on stage. ?From that point on, they stayed together. ?

Back on topic...I hope that BBF is here to stay. ?I think he's definitely an asset to the band, and I really like how approachable he seems to be. ?I'd love to meet him sometime. ? ok ? ?However, I do think it's strange that he was given such short notice to prepare before the tour started. ?I guess for confidentiality reasons?
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:09 AM »

I like him but i dont think he will be around too long. too many guys come and go.
IloveGnR
Opening Act

One in a Million!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 01:36:50 AM »

I like him. I met him after his show in New York and he was So nice!! love I don't care what he does he will be awesome!!! peace

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: