Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron not a fulltime member of GnR's (discuss his words)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron not a fulltime member of GnR's (discuss his words)  (Read 4979 times)
solidsnake
« on: June 29, 2006, 04:48:39 PM »

It is not my place to make announcements about Guns N' Roses' business - their management will fill you in on things at their discretion

^Rons own words ...their manageemnt not our management.

Anyone think Ron will be out of GnR's once the tour ends or that he doesnt view this as "his" band?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 04:53:25 PM »

No I think you misread his meaning.

He meant "their" as in Guns and he is a member of guns.

He did not have to use "our"

But either way he's still in Guns.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 04:53:43 PM »

Everyone in the band would answer like that, take it as you will.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 05:16:11 PM »

Actually Ron has said before when someone asked him if he would be on the album or something. He said no, and that he has to see how this tour goes before other people decide his future in the band. Something to that effect.

Sure even if he did class himself as a member, what contribution has he made? About as much as Gilby did! And since the end of the Use Your Illusion tour Gilby has said he never really felt like a member.

But on another note. When it comes to actually making music with the band, how does Axl know that BBF is going to work in THAT way sometime down the line. It seems he was hired to play music that's already been written.

Now of course everyoone's got an opinion, but for ME that doesn't make you a member of a band. Never mind my favourite band in the world.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »

Now he is in the band... let him stay. It would be pointless to tell him to leave after the tour. I'm still not fan of his guitar playing, I still think a 3rd guitar player is not necessary and that Richard should play more lead, but bbf seems like a nice guy, he is not a weirdo and don't talk through a ridiculous muppet, the fans like him, he sems to have a great time and smile onstage... he doesn't deserve to be "fire" after the Tour. Now he is here, he is here. and that's it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »

I like Bumblefoot.  I think he's a great player for the band.  But I think he is just a temporary player, we'll see after CD is released.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »

a touch pedantic no? he's a member.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 06:08:03 PM »

he was only in the band a week before the tour started...i can't imagine him leaving, unless he wanted to do his solo stuff at some point.
Vadin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »

Ron is a great guitarplayer and his solos are amazing.. I just want to increase the volume on his guitar when they play live.. sometimes you can barely hear him  Huh
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »

Keep him, keep him! He's good!

I hope he feels welcome in the band, because he is really nice imo - i dont see no reason why the other members dont like him. Although I haven't seen him hanging with them - i guess he's not a party guy....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 06:41:44 PM »

i read thatm in 2004 they (gn'r management) offered him to play with the band but then thet withdraw the offer.. anyway during the eddie trunk interview with axl wasn't axl saying like it's the same band as 2002 but BH is replacede with an other guy he wasn't saying that it was BBF but that we knnow now... so i think that he's a full-member of the band and he will be until he even quits or starts arguing and fights with maybe axl or something and if he does that he prolly will be fired.. but i don't think he will..

anyways i sure hope that the band won't fire him or any other of the band.. i love this band and hopes that this is the final line up if you know what i mean ok
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 06:48:35 PM »

I think he is just a hired hand...and he looks like Phil Anselmo's brother...........I think he is holding the spot warm until Slash finally comes back which he will at some point...When VR is dead and buried and Slash sees Izzy on good terms with Axl and sees that Axl has his voice back believe me they will reunite...Just like Jagger and Richards did....Just like Billy Idol and Steve Stevens did........Just liek Perry and Tyler did
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 06:49:41 PM »

Yeah, except Axl..
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »

you got too much time on your hands, bro....so do i, actually, since I took time to reply to this Smiley Smiley

Behold, the evil that men do...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »

Yeah, except Axl..

That's right.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 07:13:07 PM »

I think he is just a hired hand...and he looks like Phil Anselmo's brother...........I think he is holding the spot warm until Slash finally comes back which he will at some point...When VR is dead and buried and Slash sees Izzy on good terms with Axl and sees that Axl has his voice back believe me they will reunite...Just like Jagger and Richards did....Just like Billy Idol and Steve Stevens did........Just liek Perry and Tyler did

i actually thinks that it's axl that don't want slash back and not slash that don't wanna go back.. i'm sure slash want to be friends with axl again but not axl be friensd with him.. anyway, did perry and tyler really broke areosmith up for a while?.. i always thougt that they have always been the best of friends and playing together.. jagger and richards? wow i didnt knew that one either.. forgotten my homework again apperantly  hihi
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »

After Ron's statement about not drinking, drugging, or fucking around on his wife, it's obvious that he doesn't have it in him to be a gunner and he should be fired.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 07:16:30 PM »

After Ron's statement about not drinking, drugging, or fucking around on his wife, it's obvious that he doesn't have it in him to be a gunner and he should be fired.

If this is a joke, it's a good one!  ok
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 07:21:09 PM »

i actually thinks that it's axl that don't want slash back and not slash that don't wanna go back.. i'm sure slash want to be friends with axl again but not axl be friensd with him.. anyway, did perry and tyler really broke areosmith up for a while?.. i always thougt that they have always been the best of friends and playing together.. jagger and richards? wow i didnt knew that one either.. forgotten my homework again apperantly  hihi
yea buddy, happened in the early 80s, i believe perry left because of the other members excessive use of drugs. correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure thats the story.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »

All these band members are not "members" of anything in the sense of having an equity stake in the New (or old) GnR partnership.  They are hired hands: paid salary.  This isn't intended to denigrate their contributions at all, but, certainly from a financial standpoint, this is solely the Axl show -- these guys are not in the same financial boat that Slash, Duff and Izzy were in. (i.e., financial partners with Axl, sharing all the revenue from the band)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: