Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where would Guns rank in your all-time best gigs?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where would Guns rank in your all-time best gigs?  (Read 9541 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 09:33:30 PM »

#1 Guns N' Roses at MSG Dec. 91
#2 Velvet Revolver at PNC Arts Center May 05
#3 Metallica at Giants Stadium 98
#4 AC/DC at MSG  Aug. 00
#5 Aerosmith at PNC Oct. 98
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »

chicago 92 is next to impossible to top, MAYBE Pearl Jam at Soldier Filed in 95 was better, Metallica on the Load tour in Chicago Jan 97 was in my top 5 too...

Forgot 1a was U2, 1992 at the World Music theatre in Tinley Park IL, that was one hell of a good show
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 10:02:46 PM »

Well, I think for most of us who have seen GNR more than once, especially both old and new, you kind of rate them on their own, outside of any other shows. How do compare Axl with any other show?

I mean unless you saw some CLASSIC band, then you rate a GNR show separately.

1) Felt Forum, NYC May 1988
2) MSG NYC 2002
3) Hammerstein NYC May 17 2006

Then there's all the other shows I saw. Where do I start? The only one I can say with complete and utter assurance: Bad Brains and Leeway, Sept. 1989, The Ritz, NYC. FER-FUCKING-ROCIUS.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
pebbles
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 10:11:47 PM »

I saw gnr in nyc on the 15th, and besides of course the birth of my children Grin, it was the most exciting day of my life, been to many concerts years ago but nothing compares to u,,Axl.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 12:57:30 AM »

#1 for sure.  I was just asked this tonight after seeing Def Leppard/Journey.  Journey was okay until their last 4 songs which were great and Def Leppard was great minus maybe 2 songs.  GNR in 2002 still takes the cake for me though.  Even though people say Axl was at his worst then, it still was the best concert I've been to, hopefully this fall that will change.  On a side note, in between Journey and Def Leppard they played "Coma" for the crowd.  I was stoked.  I saw one chick who was as well.  2 out of 8,000 ain't bad i guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 02:11:40 AM »

1. Kiss... the first time I saw them 1978 I think.
2.Kiss... the second time I saw them 1980 I think was with the Plasmatics.
3.Paige/Plant ....energy was incredible except for Cure song in middle would be higher.
4.Judas Priest/Iron Maiden show in shitty Moody coliseum.
5. Queensryche...Operation Mindcrime ...Empire tour. Never saw a Floyd show because Roger wasnt in it, but I imagine it would be similar to this.
6. Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult...Black and Blue tour.
7.AC/DC...Back in Black tour
8.Paul Mccartney 2002 cause he is a fucking beatle.
9.Pantera with Type O negative Far Beyond Driven...my friend caught a drum head from Vinnie Paul. We were so inspired we stole a street sign from Pantera Ave at three in the morning.
10.GNR with Soundgarden pretty good but I had some shitty seats (college student and all...plus I had started working out and couldnt lift my fucking arms over my head.
11. Judas Priest,Megadeath,Sepultura? We missed the first band and half of Megadeath because we were trying to score some herbs from my friends crime-ridden neighborhood.
12 Ozzy with Motley before Motley used music to get chicks with.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:17:43 AM by jsg2295 » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 05:46:32 AM »

I have seen GNR 7 times now and would rate them all in my top ten. Along with NIN, The Rolling Stones and Marilyn Manson.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 09:14:21 AM »

The only GnR concert in my top 10 (keep in mind, I've been to a LOT of shows, from a LOT of bands) would be the single best concert I've ever been to.

Foxborough, Ma, Sept 11th 1992, Faith No More/Metallica/GnR.

It was NOT the best GnR gig I've seen (that would go to their Hartford date in '93, followed VERY closely by the New Haven date they played 3 nights earlier).  But it was, by far, the best concert I've seen.  Just unreal.  The stadium atmosphere.  3 great bands in their prime.  And a very LONG show, from start to finish.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 10:21:47 AM »

Seems Axl has something against Vancouver LOL

03.30.93 - British Columbia Place, Vancouver, Canada
opening act: Brian May Band
audio/video recording?: no
notes: Towards the end of the show, Axl looked at a certain part of the crowd and said something to the effect of "You're all just looking at me, I don't know but it seems to me you're all a bunch of faggots."

That and not showing for the 02 show...
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 11:27:27 AM »

I saw them in 91 with Skidz and 93 with Metallica. both good shows.  I liked it alot
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 03:01:08 PM »

Best show I ever saw was the Freddie Mercury Tribute but lets face it that is a hard one to beat.? Best Guns N Roses gig I ever saw was an early one.? I saw them at the Roxy in 1986 and they were so powerful they just blew me away.
you saw them at the roxy.....that the coolest thing ever girl!!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 03:13:11 PM »

Best show I ever saw was the Freddie Mercury Tribute but lets face it that is a hard one to beat.? Best Guns N Roses gig I ever saw was an early one.? I saw them at the Roxy in 1986 and they were so powerful they just blew me away.

yeah that's what I was thinking, so fucking fresh raw and not famous... Must have been such an expereince... I could imagine being a teen on teh strip seeing all the great 80's bands
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 03:19:41 PM »

Yeah, that would rock!! So were they somewhat famous within the LA club scene at the time??
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 04:17:20 PM »

I was at

12-31-91 Miami, I have seen then 5 times now and that was the best one.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06:46 PM »

missed them in 92 in vancouver cause he didnt show up
missed them in 93 in vancouver cause my mom wouldn't let me go
missed them in 02 in vancouver cause he didn't show up again and riot
finally flew to toronto to see them in 02 and it was one of the best concerts ive been to

except david bowie 04 in vancouver
and stones in 97 in vancouver

this is a song about your fucking mother!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 06:21:44 PM »

Too much solos and interludes to be the best one. It kinda "killed" the show - sorry.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mexicrow
Opening Act

GO BLUE

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 08:41:36 PM »

I would say Toledo Ohio, May of 1988, is #1, played some Lies songs before they released it, Toledo '91 was great too, Pink Floyd Denver Col maybe #2, Black Label '05 #3, Audioslave '05 #4

hails to the victors
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »

Too much solos and interludes to be the best one. It kinda "killed" the show - sorry.

What was this in response to?

Anyways... I've seen a ridulous amount of shows and my top five would have to go like this:

05 Tesla - Acoustic Into The Now performance Hard Rock Cafe, Detroit 2002

04 Nirvana - In Utero Tour, State Fair Grounds, Detroit 1992

03 U2 - ZooTV Outdoor Broadcast Tour, Pontiac Silverdome 1992

02 Pink Floyd - Pontiac Silverdome, Second night 1994. entire Dark Side of the Moon             
                        performed for the first time since Knebworth 1975

01 Guns N' Roses - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC Opening Night

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »

top  best shows  1) hob nye gnr 2) 4th hammerstein show 3) 1st hamemrstein 4) ozzy- roseland 5) chris robinson solo at the troubador in la 6) megadeth acoustic set bills bar boston 7) plant/page NJ Cool black sab Nassau, LI 9) Korn 1st tour at a small long island clun called the roxy 10) Twisted Fuckin Sister  NY steel/roseland tied with Twisted in Vegas last year.  I know it wasnt asking for all the best shows I've been to but I thought it was good to show a top 10 to show where I rank the 3 gnr shows compared to the others ive been to. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »

top  best shows  1) hob nye gnr 2) 4th hammerstein show 3) 1st hamemrstein 4) ozzy- roseland 5) chris robinson solo at the troubador in la 6) megadeth acoustic set bills bar boston 7) plant/page NJ Cool black sab Nassau, LI 9) Korn 1st tour at a small long island clun called the roxy 10) Twisted Fuckin Sister  NY steel/roseland tied with Twisted in Vegas last year.  I know it wasnt asking for all the best shows I've been to but I thought it was good to show a top 10 to show where I rank the 3 gnr shows compared to the others ive been to. 

I saw that Chris Robinson solo tour here in Detroit at St. Andrews and it was awesome.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: