Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose triumph in europe
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose triumph in europe  (Read 7478 times)
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« on: June 28, 2006, 05:13:21 AM »

Whetever press have written about Axl Rose,gunsnroses band in 2006 and the european tour,this tour is big triumph and win for Axl and new gunsnroses...

This tour is one of the bigest tour this year in europe...
tour was selling tickets very well so gnr played almost all soldout shows (madrid,stokholm,norway,budapest,paris,denmark...) and had a great audience on festivals (donington 70000,rock am ring 70000,poland 20000,...)

Without new album in 15 year and only two old members this is great success and big win for Mr. Rose

I have never seen so many tree
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 05:16:54 AM »

Without new album in 15 year and only two old members this is great success and big win for Mr. Rose

yeah one original member, hey the gnr name is now iconic, ac/dc maiden they could all tour for ten years with nothing and sell everything out.. When a name or band becomes legendary new material is not important, most are there for the old shit anways
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »

yeah one original member, hey the gnr name is now iconic, ac/dc maiden they could all tour for ten years with nothing and sell everything out.. When a name or band becomes legendary new material is not important, most are there for the old shit anways

Yeah, and thats what most play. The Stones were in Sydney recently and played about 2 songs from their new album.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:26:51 AM »

Whetever press have written about Axl Rose,gunsnroses band in 2006 and the european tour,this tour is big triumph and win for Axl and new gunsnroses...

I agree, this is great.

Besides, in Belgium and France, there's more and more cool articles about the band and the tour, and good ones ok

This is the comeback we've been waiting for, right know !

Let's wait (lol) for CD to be released and the band playing the states now beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 05:27:23 AM »

most are there for the old shit anways

I'm definitely enjoying the new tracks a lot more than the old stuff during GN'R shows. I think the new stuff rocks. But it's true a lot of people are there for the old stuff.
I would like them to play Chinese Democracy as the new opener instead of Jungle.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 05:28:37 AM »

most are there for the old shit anways

I'm definitely enjoying the new tracks a lot more than the old stuff during GN'R shows. I think the new stuff rocks. But it's true a lot of people are there for the old stuff.
I would like them to play Chinese Democracy as the new opener instead of Jungle.

Let me tell you, I enjoyed the new music better for different reasons, cause I rather hear the new band play their music.. I hope it goes well and the album comes out then they drop more songs and add their own
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 05:40:53 AM »

Plus the fact that they still fuck up the old songs. Cmon guys how long oes it take to at least get Patience right.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 05:44:19 AM »

its kind of endearing that they still fk up patience!

I agree though,  I LOVE hearing Better live (not perhaps at Donnington, but at Hammersmith) and IRS just goes around and around my head.  Looking SO forward to hearing more live soon!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 05:44:44 AM »

Plus the fact that they still fuck up the old songs. Cmon guys how long oes it take to at least get Patience right.
well part of me doesn't enjoy hearing the old tunes because I think certain solos sound off.. That's not even it really, if I wanted all old I rather just have the actual artists that worked on them, it's new lets be new and hear new..
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 05:47:06 AM »

well part of me doesn't enjoy hearing the old tunes because I think certain solos sound off.. That's not even it really, if I wanted all old I rather just have the actual artists that worked on them, it's new lets be new and hear new..

Im in that boat too, but fact is we are a tiny minority of people and probably not the right crowd for GnR to pitch their shows at. Wed love them even Axl went on stage with a bucket of turd, ate it infront of the audience and left. What it takes to win the masses I say.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 05:55:07 AM »

Agreed. I was so excited that after so many years Id get to hear Brownstone etc live - But 'Guns' just fluffed it. No soul at all and they just got it all wrong. I would rather have not heard them play the old songs at all. But then I wouldnt have bothered going to the gig in the first place!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Brody
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 06:25:27 AM »

Yea I would like this band to make its own image. get away from appetite but without and album its impossible.. people dont know the music.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 06:56:45 AM »

when cd comes out we'll hear a lot more new stuff. Its not like this is Steppenwolf!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 07:19:10 AM »

Well, I'm agree with you, a big triumph for Axl Rose and the legend of this band. What this tour's proved is that Guns's stuff is magic, is legend!!! But people was there to see the old stuff. Do you think they'd had done the same without the old stuff? If the concert were based on the new tracks this tour wouldn't do the same so far, they'd had to play small avenues.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 10:34:43 AM »

well in my opinion some old stuff are better now than in 19880-90.
For example I didn't like my michelle and out ta get me a lot,but now these songs are one of the best gnr songs

I have never seen so many tree
EFISH
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 10:41:21 AM »

i know the majority want to hear the old tunes but this is the new band, and with a new album coming out.. you have to promote the new tunes.

most poeple that go to the concert looking for the old band, will probably go out and get CD anyway, esppecially if they play more of those tunes, it'll build curiousity.

If you are going on a huge tour promoting the album, you play the songs on the tour....

otherwise, this album will flop and no songs will be classic hits like the old stuff.

u catch my drift?  Tongue

i dont mind if the euro tour is the same setlist for the rest of the time, thats fine... its a good start

but wehn the US tour kicks in they better bring out the big guns!
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 11:20:41 AM »

r u there just for the old stuff mike?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »

Yeah, I can't wait until we start seeing a setlist with 8 old songs and 8 new...

I mean they could play...

Oh My God
Chinese Democracy
Rhiad and the Bedouins
Madagascar
The Blues
There was a time
Catcher in The Rye
Irs

EVERY NIGHT...... and that would still leave 9-10 classics they could play.

I honestly think the fans coming for the old material would still be satisfied and have a taste of the new material, while the hardcore fans like us would be thrilled with all the new material.

In time though I guess.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 11:51:57 AM »

i know the majority want to hear the old tunes but this is the new band, and with a new album coming out.. you have to promote the new tunes.

i agree with you in theory but if CD is only going to be 13 tracks, dont you think we'v heard too much as it is? I 'd hate to have heard everything before CD is released. Sure it'd be great if you were at the show and the played a a few more tracks..but we're a bunch of 'dowloading motherfuckers' so we'd have em all on a cd within a few days! Then there'd be no suprises left..

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »

All the tour proves really is everyone loves the old material... Everyone loves gnr they love axl they love the old music... it proves nothing about the other guys cause most people bought tickets not knowing who was going to be there, they also knew there was no new album..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: