Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Dizzy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy  (Read 10153 times)
sea of black
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:45:33 AM »

I don't like Dizzy. I've never liked him from the very first time a saw him at Wembley Stadium.

I don't like his face, his hair, his eyes, his clothes, or his incredibly boring piano solos?

I don't like hearing him in interviews, as if he's original GNR, he seems less original than new GNR members

Why is he in GNR?

Is this just something I should deal with, or do others often ponder "why is Dizzy?"
 no yes no yes no
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 08:47:48 AM »

axl gave dizzy a job as a keyboard player in  gnr because dizzy's other band fell apart and dizzy was living on the streets. he almost is an original member, hes been with them since i guess around 1990 or so, i dont mind dizzy but i guess i can see how some people dont like him.
CoMa UK
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:49:10 AM »

Yeah, your talking crap, Dizzy is the guy who is making alot of the songs you know and love sound like they should live and in the studio.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »

Well I dont like the guy, never have, never will. Hes just a yes man.

Fair play though for having the most pointless job ever. Bongos on WTTJ? Lol. Whatever next???! Oh yeah.... Silkworms.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:51:46 AM »

I don't like Dizzy. I've never liked him from the very first time a saw him at Wembley Stadium.

I don't like his face, his hair, his eyes, his clothes, or his incredibly boring piano solos?

I don't like hearing him in interviews, as if he's original GNR, he seems less original than new GNR members

Wow great, good to know

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
sea of black
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:55:18 AM »

Yeah, your talking crap, Dizzy is the guy who is making alot of the songs you know and love sound like they should live and in the studio.

I'm not saying he doesn't play a part, and who's to say what he really does and does not do, I just don't see how he fits into the band...he's always seemed a bit on the outside...he does seem just like a yes man, I mean, do you really think he has any real input?

Sorry if this offened you, it was just a thought... nervous

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 08:57:40 AM »

If I go to gigs and it sounds just like the studio version, im disappointed. No sponteneity or improv bores me. May as well stay at home and listen to the cd, at least you dont have to wait 2 1/2 hours for the stereo to show up.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
sea of black
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 09:00:31 AM »

If I go to gigs and it sounds just like the studio version, im disappointed. No sponteneity or improv bores me. May as well stay at home and listen to the cd, at least you dont have to wait 2 1/2 hours for the stereo to show up.

I totally agree, what if Dizzy just stayed at home, would anyone even notice..."oh wait, what happened to that fat guy who used to sit at the back of the stage and fill the gap with a piano solo while everyone goes to the toilet halfway through the gig"..."you mean Dizzy"..."yeah"...."I don't really care"....
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 09:03:30 AM »

Good for you.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 09:04:11 AM »

I totally agree, what if Dizzy just stayed at home, would anyone even notice..."oh wait, what happened to that fat guy who used to sit at the back of the stage and fill the gap with a piano solo while everyone goes to the toilet halfway through the gig"..."you mean Dizzy"..."yeah"...."I don't really care"....

rofl

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 09:10:18 AM »

Jarmo, Adz, Will, Pandora, Sukie ANYONE!! Where are you? Please lock this thread, this sort of thread really brings the worms out from under their stones! Dizzy is cool and he has been there a long time. How are any of us to know what his input in like behind the scenes? He was recruited in 1990 because Axl wanted a keyboard player and he has done an awesome job!!Mike
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 09:12:49 AM by 33 » Logged

sea of black
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 09:13:02 AM »

Why does the thread need to be locked, it was just a discussion about a band member, it wasn't offensive, I just wanted to know if I was alone in questioning Dizzy's role in GNR...people are way too paranoid...can't we have an open discussion...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 09:14:10 AM »

Why does the thread need to be locked, it was just a discussion about a band member, it wasn't offensive, I just wanted to know if I was alone in questioning Dizzy's role in GNR...people are way too paranoid...can't we have an open discussion...

I never cared for dizzy, I think gnr was at their best as 5..

if you watch making of don't cry dizzy explains how he got there
sea of black
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 09:17:48 AM »

I never cared for dizzy, I think gnr was at their best as 5..

if you watch making of don't cry dizzy explains how he got there

Yeah, I think as 5 they seemed really tight...Even though their performance at Hammersmith totally blew me away, there just seemed to be too much happening on stage, especially on such a small stage...I'd love to see a really tight show, with song after song, forgetting the painful piano solos!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 09:23:13 AM »

Hammersmith was pretty good, despite the wait. Gig was ruined by the solos though, totally knackered the flow of the show. Not just Dizzy's, all of them didnt do it for me.

I did chuckle though when Chris Pittmann got less cheers from the crowd than the appearance of the drum kit at the start.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 09:25:43 AM »

I'm personnally not going to lock this thread, because discussions about other band members, and the criticisms that go along with them, have been allowed. I will ask all of you, however, to show a minimum of respect towards the guy and not insult him. As long as the arguments are constructive, the discussion can go on.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
sea of black
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 09:30:53 AM »

Hammersmith was pretty good, despite the wait. Gig was ruined by the solos though, totally knackered the flow of the show. Not just Dizzy's, all of them didnt do it for me.

I did chuckle though when Chris Pittmann got less cheers from the crowd than the appearance of the drum kit at the start.

The solos just seem so un-necessary...god, I remember at Wembley Stadium when Matt Sorum did a solo which lasted about 15 minutes, people were getting very very bored...

I just don't get the solo's...who care's...Dizzy's input in GNR is a mystery at the best of times, but a piano solo just makes him seem even less relevant...I noticed many people using his solo at hammersmith as a time to leave...which is sad for the rest of GNR... Lips Sealed

P.S. thanks for not locking this thread, as I said, just having an open discussion...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 09:35:21 AM »

I've met Dizzy and talked with him.  He's a very cool and funny guy.  I don't know how he fits with Axl, because I didn't question him about it. 

When I first met him, he was very open and even gave me an impromtu interview (which I suck at, didn't even have a pen/paper with me hihi )

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
sea of black
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 09:38:15 AM »

That's good that he's a cool guy, I had imagined that he was completely the opposite...great that he gave you some time ok
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 09:41:13 AM »

all of you who are posting against mr. dizzy reed should probably just kill yourselves... immediately.

dizwald has been a foundation for the band ever since it almost completely collapsed in the late 90s and has been a friend to Axl in the times when he most needed one. ?He's truly helped Axl through some tough times... most notably in 2002 with Axl struggling to continue the tour due to the reviews GNR were getting which Mr. Rose reads and unfortunately does take to heart, almost without exception.

that aside, Dizzy is an incredible musician in his own right... I can tell you that first hand. ?His piano solos on this most recent tour are but a small glimpse of the talents he holds. ?He holds in his record great songwriting, top-class piano/keyboard-playing, and he's not a bad singer also.

and lastly, and most importantly, he is a phenomenal guy. ?About as down-to-earth as a rock star can well... possibly be. ?He's the type of guy who is absolutely without ego... and he'll be the first person to tell you that.

so... until you understand all the facts... or well even a small proportion of all the facts... keep your mouth shut.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: