Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Instead of the solos
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instead of the solos  (Read 4145 times)
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 12:17:34 AM »

i'd like to hear some bbf songs, that'd be cool

Fucked up and out of place
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »

I just hate the solos! They make the set seem really flabby unstructured...I know Axl's getting old, but a set of song after song, without these painful breaks would be so much better...if I have to listen to Dizzy play another solo I might just start singing the next song myself!

Also, I've never really liked Dizzy, even from when he started, he just doesn't seem it fit in...am I alone on this?

Your not alone, Ive never liked Dizzy from the start either. At least he doesnt look like the fat knacker of old though!

Always thought he was a bit pointless. Oh well, he must be pleased that the most pointless member position has been usurped.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »

like ive said before... let tommy do a solo song.  also, the entire band should do more jams.  the jams are cool.  but more planned out and throw in some cool allman bros style improv.  axl likes derek trucks.  so let the band do some blues jams instead of solos.  The solo Fink does before SCOM is really cool though.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 05:26:41 AM »

They shouldnt do blues jams thats for sure, theyre no more blues than Nsync to me. The blues element of their band was forced out long ago.

Scrap the solos and sing more songs Axl, seems straightforward to me, if you cant sing because you need to spend time hooked up to a hose or whatever at gigs then you you shouldnt be a rock star.

They should put him on an advert 'Im Axl Rose and I cant sing cos I smoke cigarettes. Kids, if you want to spend time honking oxygen at gigs, then light up - remember, extended Christina Aguilera solos are a hazard to your health'.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
The Blob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 05:53:17 AM »

Everything is better than those boring solos... And I guess 99,99% from the people (and real Gn'R fans) hates them.  rant rant rant

If Axl can't sing for 2 hours:
Then, they should play only 1,5 hour, but without the solos. Song after song, without the crap!
or Gn'R should play 2 hour, with some songs, singed by Stinson for example.

And instead that Bumblefoot plays Don't Cry on guitar only, why don't they (Gn'R) play the song!!!  Roll Eyes

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 05:53:49 AM »

i love the solos

it's cool.
it makes the whole experience unique.
i dont want straigth live songs. in a row.
the solos make the whole thing an experience, a night out. something different.

AXL DO NOT DROP THE SOLOS.

and i am no guitarist, so i'm sure guitar players must enjoy these solos even more.

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 05:57:29 AM »

They just dont do it for me at all. Aguilera? Jeez. That thing that Finck plays before SCOm - just terrible. Dont Cry by Thal - just play the whole damn tune guys? Or do you not know how to play it? You are GNR right??! Oh sorry, I forgot.

manjuice
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 06:09:05 AM »

I can't believe what you kids are saying. It's like you guys want GNR to be just another pop band.  The solos are fucking great, if you don't enjoy at least some of the solos you shouldn't be listening to this type of music, it's just not for you. You should be listening to a more simplistic type of music, music with only a couple of chords. I Seriously can not believe what you kids are writing, I am seriously shocked. I know it all comes down to preference but jeez dudes, I was seriously suprised to read the crap you guys write and very few people arguing back. WOW. I hope no one important reads this stuff and conforms to your guy's idiotic views (not all of you) and ruins it for the dudes that have been down with GNR for a decade +.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 06:16:23 AM »

'Its like you want GNR to be another pop band'

Hmm thats why I DONT want them to be playing Christina Aguilera songs my friend.

Plus, Ive listened to GNR for 19 years - is that ok for you?

If your such an old fan you should realise that the band in question is not GNR - despite what it says on the ticket stub.

sea of black
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 07:06:02 AM »

I agree that the solo's just have to go!

Maybe Slash could get away with his solos back in the day, but man, he was such a major part of GNR he could carry them off, but as for these new guys, the solos just are so dull...lets keep it to the songs, that's why people buy the tickets...
The Blob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 07:47:54 AM »

The Godfather Theme by Slash was OK... but even then they could have played a real Gn'R song instead!

In my opinion, the more real songs, the better!

I was at Graspop and almost everybody there hated the solos. They could have played Chinese Democracy, Think About You, Madagascar and There Was A Time, but nooooooooooow... Fucking solo's...  Roll Eyes

They played only 16 songs...  Roll Eyes

Pearl Jam plays 30+ songs on their recent concerts. I wish Gn'R could do that!!!  Grin
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »

1) the average pearl jam song is far shorter than GNRs

2) pearl jam arent touring the UK, so they can suck my balls

also, on topic, solos are ok but the ones that this GNR plays arent really very good

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 08:07:22 AM »

Instead of the solo, maybe Dizzy should do his song "the air".

It rocks man!!!

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 08:25:25 AM »

I really like Ron's solo's. Being a longtime Bumblehead (or Bucketfoot) fan, I really have a soft spot for some crazy disharmonic arpeggios and fast runs. His rendition of "Don't cry" is beautiful. However, I would really love to see Ron do one of his own songs, preferably one with vocals, like Delilah. Or a little bluesy jam on his fretless Vigier Excalibur Surfreter, one of the most beautiful instruments (both in sound as in looks) ever, IMHO.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:31:47 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

The Blob
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 08:33:33 AM »

1) the average pearl jam song is far shorter than GNRs

2) pearl jam arent touring the UK, so they can suck my balls

also, on topic, solos are ok but the ones that this GNR plays arent really very good

Yeah, I know that PJ songs are shorter, but you know what I mean...

Gn'R playing 22-24 songs for instance... 10 from appetite, some lies, a few illusions and a couple of new songs! And they should play RECKLESS LIFE as opener!!!  Cool  Shocked
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »

? ? ?I can't believe what you kids are saying. It's like you guys want GNR to be just another pop band.? The solos are fucking great, if you don't enjoy at least some of the solos you shouldn't be listening to this type of music, it's just not for you. You should be listening to a more simplistic type of music, music with only a couple of chords. I Seriously can not believe what you kids are writing, I am seriously shocked. I know it all comes down to preference but jeez dudes, I was seriously suprised to read the crap you guys write and very few people arguing back. WOW. I hope no one important reads this stuff and conforms to your guy's idiotic views (not all of you) and ruins it for the dudes that have been down with GNR for a decade +.

Dude, the solos suck: listen and look around you at the next show

Slash doing a solo is bit different that these guys doing their solos: Slash... is Slash (sorry, everybody knows that says it all) and these guys are plain awful

I have been a GNR fan for 18+ years

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
slash8596
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 04:22:44 PM »

The solos are ok but I cant stand Bumblefoot and Fincks tone when they play solo. Its so muddy and thin, its awful. Finck should bring out some NIN.
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 08:17:52 AM »

they should play something by The Doors...  Show off the keyboards and play something cool... just some medley or something like that.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »

they should play the solos at the end of the show.
that way we can leave if we dont feel like listenin to it hihi

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: