Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Instead of the solos
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instead of the solos  (Read 4166 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« on: June 26, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

Since the solos seem to be a bit much for most fans, why not have the rest of the band do a cover song or two while Axl takes a breather?  After all Ron, Dizzy, and Tommy have all performed live vocals before.  Why not have them play a couple covers during the course of the show like when they used to have Duff play Attitude on the UYI tour?  Axl still gets a breather and maybe the crowd doesn't get restless
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »

actually a great idea.. real great.. but don't thnk it's gonna happen unfortunatly
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:16:20 PM »

Dizzy & Pittman should do silkworms Tongue

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:18:46 PM »

Cool! I wanna hear Robin sing!  Smiley
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »

Since the solos seem to be a bit much for most fans, why not have the rest of the band do a cover song or two while Axl takes a breather?? After all Ron, Dizzy, and Tommy have all performed live vocals before.? Why not have them play a couple covers during the course of the show like when they used to have Duff play Attitude on the UYI tour?? Axl still gets a breather and maybe the crowd doesn't get restless

they already play 3-4 covers a show (Dizzy Stardust, LOLD, KOHD, Beautiful, SOS). play something off 'Village Gorilla Head', 'Normal' give the solo members a chance to show off their material

or learn a new trick like buckethead and the nunchuka act (I quite enjoyed that actually)

Here today...ready to rock
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:23:43 PM »

Axl could dangle the master copy of Chinese Democracy from the venue's ceiling... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 07:27:14 PM »

they already play 3-4 covers a show (Dizzy Stardust, LOLD, KOHD, Beautiful, SOS). play something off 'Village Gorilla Head', 'Normal' give the solo members a chance to show off their material

or learn a new trick like buckethead and the nunchuka act (I quite enjoyed that actually)

Well I meant that they could play actual cover songs with Tommy, Dizzy and or Ron singing to replace the cover solos
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 07:37:58 PM »

They could play any Tommy tune, it would be awesome!

SOS?

Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 07:43:51 PM »

Cool! I wanna hear Robin sing!? Smiley

My sister showed me a clip the other day (of Chinese Democracy) and if you listen you can hear Robin singing...he's actually quite good....I'll post a link when she gets up

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »

Maybe "they" enjoy playing the solo's .. maybe "they" WANT to play the solo's. And maybe the fans who dont like it should stfu about it , be happy gnr are actually on tour and A. if yer @ the show go buy a beer , shirt or take a piss while theres a solo or b. if yer listening to a bootleg hit skip on your music player when a solo spot comes on.  ok

It isnt just axl who might need a "break" either .. maybe brain needs a lil rest after pounding the drums for  hours , hell they all might need a chance to cool their heels for a few minutes.

Lets just be happy with what the band is presenting us with mmmmmk?   peace

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:15 PM »

SOS?

dizzy played the abba song SOS in his solo part instead of ziggy stardust (the song he usually plays)
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:53 PM »

SOS?

dizzy played the abba song SOS in his solo part instead of ziggy stardust (the song he usually plays)
(in the stockholm concert)
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 07:54:32 PM »

I think it's a great idea as well. I enjoy the solos (especially Beautiful and Ziggy Stardust) but I'd love to hear a Perfect song or something from VGH in theres. I think it would be pretty cool. But there would probably be too many dicks in the audience that would boo if someone other than Axl was sining and ruin it. Hopefully not, but I don't trust people.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Chief
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 07:56:06 PM »

great idea. i think a song would be a lot better than some of the solos

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 08:02:55 PM »

Since the solos seem to be a bit much for most fans, why not have the rest of the band do a cover song or two while Axl takes a breather?? After all Ron, Dizzy, and Tommy have all performed live vocals before.? Why not have them play a couple covers during the course of the show like when they used to have Duff play Attitude on the UYI tour?? Axl still gets a breather and maybe the crowd doesn't get restless

I guess it should go just fine if they were doing Dust N' Bones. Even So Fine - for that one, can't be worst that Duff singing...

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
jonnybgoode82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »

Maybe "they" enjoy playing the solo's .. maybe "they" WANT to play the solo's. And maybe the fans who dont like it should stfu about it , be happy gnr are actually on tour and A. if yer @ the show go buy a beer , shirt or take a piss while theres a solo

Yeah and lose my place near the front. Clever.  ok
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »

Maybe "they" enjoy playing the solo's .. maybe "they" WANT to play the solo's. And maybe the fans who dont like it should stfu about it , be happy gnr are actually on tour and A. if yer @ the show go buy a beer , shirt or take a piss while theres a solo or b. if yer listening to a bootleg hit skip on your music player when a solo spot comes on.  ok

It isnt just axl who might need a "break" either .. maybe brain needs a lil rest after pounding the drums for  hours , hell they all might need a chance to cool their heels for a few minutes.

Lets just be happy with what the band is presenting us with mmmmmk?   peace

I didn't mind the solos myself, I enjoyed them and I got to enjoy listening to the solos in the background while grabbing a couple more shots of Jager and rest my own vocals, which were tired from singing along with all the songs  hihi  And in 2002 I thought one of the highlights was the Buckethead nunchuks/breakdance/solo routine, that was very cool

But it seems that the general consensus is that the shows are great, but there are too many solos.  I thought maybe doing a cover song or two might aleviate this, if other band members need a break no one's saying they have to completely eliminate the solos
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:23:15 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 08:21:55 PM »

great idea. i think a song would be a lot better than some of the solos

Or I'd say any solos. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 11:33:59 PM »

i don`t like going to a concert ...and the band just play all the fucking songs....and that`s all....

the reason they played the solos...even slash and matt ...and duff...is because is their time to show themselves as  a single musician  to the public...and it`s a diferent stuff.....or  does anyone like to go to a concert   that start with the first song to the last one....without something diferent...c`mon....it is boring....that`s the reason of  the solos.....why new bands don`t make any solos....HuhHuh

IS BECAUSE THEY FUCKING CAN`T.........   rant

SO STOP THE SHIT ABOUT THE SOLOS......AXL IS A MUSICIAN....AND JUST A MUSICIAN CAN GET IT.....SO SHUT THE FUCK UP....   rant

I LIKE TO HEAR SOLOS.......

PS:  SOME SOLOS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS...YES...THAT IS TRUE....
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 11:46:03 PM »

PS:? SOME SOLOS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS...YES...THAT IS TRUE....

yes, thats really true. I miss Only Women Bleed....

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: