Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy - Should Axl wait for Bumblefoot?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy - Should Axl wait for Bumblefoot?  (Read 5212 times)
Bob_pe
Opening Act

together again

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 03:56:19 PM »

No please, no more delays... bumble is a great guitar player, but i don't wanna wait 5 more years
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 04:09:50 PM »

It ain't gonna happen.

Check the 4th post on page 25 of this thread:-

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30764.480

ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 04:11:26 PM »

um no, I think they should keep Bucket parts.. after all he's been part of this project and deserves part of the credit

I say they keep Bumblefoot as a touring guitarist, there's nothing wrong with that

Well, with the same logic, shouldn't Paul Huge's parts still remain on the album? hihi

I mean afterall, Paul recorded parts for numerous songs while he was a part of the group.

well I don't know why they didn't keep them

but the time right now is really bad, so sorry for Bumblefoot, but Axl seems to have contrated him to be just on the tour, if he wanted him on the album he would have called him with more than one week of anticipation

mr.lance
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 04:15:03 PM »

ahhh Uncle Axl said CD this year he has never said that before so its coming out.
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »

All signs point to Buckethead remaining on Chinese Democracy.? Just wondering what the general consensus here is.? I don't really see the point of leaving Buckethead in the album if he is no longer in the band.? If Bumblefoot is here to stay, I think he should be on the album.? Otherwise, when will he be on a GNR album???

I'm thinking it would be like the Clarke/Stradlin thing: Izzy recorded the UYI material, and after he left, Gilby was hired as an additional musician (not full fledged member!) to play the parts. Izzy remained on the albums, whereas Clarke didn't make an album until TSI?. I think that it'll be the same way for Bumblefoot: he will be left out of the upcoming album, but make an appearance on the NEXT album.

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
KILLYOURIDOL
Banned
Opening Act

This site is filled with Axl nuthuggers

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 04:36:22 PM »

All signs point to Buckethead remaining on Chinese Democracy.? Just wondering what the general consensus here is.? I don't really see the point of leaving Buckethead in the album if he is no longer in the band.? If Bumblefoot is here to stay, I think he should be on the album.? Otherwise, when will he be on a GNR album???

I'm thinking it would be like the Clarke/Stradlin thing: Izzy recorded the UYI material, and after he left, Gilby was hired as an additional musician (not full fledged member!) to play the parts. Izzy remained on the albums, whereas Clarke didn't make an album until TSI?. I think that it'll be the same way for Bumblefoot: he will be left out of the upcoming album, but make an appearance on the NEXT album.

Izzy left after the illusion albums were released. So this is not the same thing
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 06:27:37 PM »

that would maybe involve writing all new parts. cos in all fairness, if Buckethead wrote the parts he plays, I think he should stay on the album!

and that would mean another huge delay, say hello to the "chinese democracy world tour 2010" if that happens..

no, let Bucket stay on the album and release the damn thing THIS YEAR!!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »

No. No more waiting. It's time to release the album. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »

The point of keeping Buckethead's parts on there is that his parts kick ass
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »

keep his parts in. Bucket may be a loon but he is a stellar guitar player. Let Bumble put his stuff on the next album.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 08:44:12 PM »

I think they should not only keep Bucket's part but look into offering the man alot of money to come back to the band. Bumble just doesn't do it for me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 08:50:11 PM »

I think they should not only keep Bucket's part but look into offering the man alot of money to come back to the band. Bumble just doesn't do it for me.

Buckethead isn't about the money.  The rumor is they tried really hard to get him back and when they couldn't they turned to Bumblefoot.  I think Buckethead is just a guy who is kind of in his own world, likes to do his own thing, do a few collaborations then go back to doing his own thing again.   I still miss Big B but I think Ron's done very well considering the circumstances, and he is a hell of a player in his own right
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

Generally speaking, I'd rather see Bumble on the album.  That said, CD is borderline ground-breaking in terms of all that its taken to come together in terms of time, money, a rotating cast of musicians, etc.  If this was to be the only GnR album to come out this decade, I'd just as soon have the currently line up represented on it.  If this is the first of several albums to come, then Bumble will get representation on the next album, or at least I would assume.

In the meantime, just put the damn thing out already.  Enough is enough.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »

Why wait for bumblefoot? Because what's to say someone else won't leave in frustration of CD not coming out or other reasons... If that happened, they'd have to replace that person's parts with a new member......
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »

What is the point BH still has the writing credits and will get the royalties might as well let  him stay.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »

Anyway Bumblefoot's already confirmed that Bucket's parts will stay on the album and he won't be re-recording Bucket's parts

And it's pointless to re-record someone's parts when they played a big role in writing the song because they still have to get paid.  They would have to completely re-write the parts, not just re-record them.  It's not like Gilby re-recording Izzy's parts on TSI when the songs were all written by someone else anyway
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »

Buckethead isn't about the money.  The rumor is they tried really hard to get him back and when they couldn't they turned to Bumblefoot.  I think Buckethead is just a guy who is kind of in his own world, likes to do his own thing, do a few collaborations then go back to doing his own thing again.   I still miss Big B but I think Ron's done very well considering the circumstances, and he is a hell of a player in his own right

Of course, but my point is make him an offer that he could not possibly refuse.  The European media has turned a bit on the new band; my gut is that the departure of Bucket broke the continuity of the band's previous incarnation last seen in 2002.

Besides, very few people complained about Bucket's solo set. It was substantially more entertaining than what Bumble has done. He is a great player but he doesn't capture the imagination like B.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 09:25:56 PM »

who cares anymore. Too many guitar players have played on it... just release it.. Its the Axl Rose Solo album anyway you cut it so i dont care who plays guitar on it anymore
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 09:27:47 PM »

Of course, but my point is make him an offer that he could not possibly refuse.  The European media has turned a bit on the new band; my gut is that the departure of Bucket broke the continuity of the band's previous incarnation last seen in 2002.

Besides, very few people complained about Bucket's solo set. It was substantially more entertaining than what Bumble has done. He is a great player but he doesn't capture the imagination like B.

Quite the opposite, most people thought Bucket's solo was one of the highlights of the show.  People were really impressed by his skills, and especially loved when he played the Star Wars theme song.  In my opinion Buckethead already created one of the great epic GnR solos on TWAT, that solo stands neck and neck with Slash's work on NR, so to remove his parts would be a really bad move.  And then there are the songs that Buckethead helped write that we haven't heard yet
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:39:55 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 09:51:26 PM »

They had TWO year to re-record.  If they haven't done so yet, what's the point now?  They just barely hired Ron.  I think Shotgun has a point, they may have been trying to lure Bucket back, but when he didn't come, they hired Ron at the last second.  Besides, Ron has told me that he won't be on CD, but if Axl decides to keep him for the U.S. tour, he will contribute on the second and third albums.  (He didn't say second or third, but he said future albums)  Does this mean Axl still wants Bucket back and is going to try his best in August and September to get him back?  Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: