Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  this has really been bugging me-lack of talks about cd in europe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: this has really been bugging me-lack of talks about cd in europe  (Read 8948 times)
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »

everyones complaint about his lack of talking about CD is silly because he should be promoting it. doesa nyone not think that the lack of promotion is promotion. its bringing more hype about the album, otherwise people like us wouldnt be having these conversations. cd has always had a feeling of the unknown, perhaps he wants to keep that. it is slightly odd that he doesnt say more about it, well not even odd....it just brings doubt about the release of the highly anticipated album, but maybe they just are waiting for the best moment, which hasnt came about yet, so untill then they dont say anything. he doesnt need to bring any mroe hype abou the album, so many people are looking for it to fail. most attention would be negative attention. yes 2006 does seem like the year, and everyone wants to finally be able to go to the shop and buy this album that we've all been waiting for, but he's , made us wait this long, who says he wont for longer? but as many poeple have alreayd said, axl likes his secrecy. the lack of CD talk could mean anything, but it doesnt nessacarily have to mean that it isnt being released this year.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »

Even if he was saying those things you still would bitch about there being no press release or anything about the album. He's damned if he do and damned if he don't.
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2006, 01:12:26 PM »

Even if he was saying those things you still would bitch about there being no press release or anything about the album. He's damned if he do and damned if he don't.

so true, there will be complaints until it's released. and then poeple will still find somethign to complain about.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »

the only thing that pisses me off is that NOBODY from the GN'R camp is giving any interviews, all the clips from donnington has Mr Bach doing all the talking which is good but Finck or Dizzy or anyone could at least say "yeah its great to be playing" ANYTHING WILL DO  rant

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »

the only thing that pisses me off is that NOBODY from the GN'R camp is giving any interviews, all the clips from donnington has Mr Bach doing all the talking which is good but Finck or Dizzy or anyone could at least say "yeah its great to be playing" ANYTHING WILL DO rant

you have had something. axl was interviewed on trunks show etc.

NJ Guns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »

After hearing Axl on Trunk I assumed we'd hear something at Hammerstein.  Nope.  Now they're playing shows all over Europe and still not a peep.  You don't have to say "the album will be called this, will be out on this date and the track listing is this right here."  But say something!  "The album's coming."  That's it.  Saying absolutely nothing makes you wonder.  I am beginning to think China will actually be a democracy before we see Chinese Democracy.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »

listen if there was facts no one could deny it.. geez must you always have to do that can't you just say yeah man you have a point..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 02:17:51 PM »

geez must you always have to do that can't you just say yeah man you have a point..

As if you could.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 02:19:37 PM »

listen if there was facts no one could deny it.. geez must you always have to do that can't you just say yeah man you have a point..

There is no point! They dont want to say anything yet, so they wont. Big deal enjoy the fuckin show as is.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »

did I say I didn't care, I said many people who go to band's shows that were big years back go for nostaligic reasons not because they are into the new stuff

Once a band passes their hay day many people just go to walk down memory lane, not because they are dying for new music

Motley crue will sell out a million venues but their newer music will not sell, it's just the seriously devoted whio care

As for me I meant it fior bands I followed years ago, I still follow these guys axl or the name

Ok so gnr is exceptional for you. unlike metallica, Rolling stones aerosmith motley crue etc. Interesting cos you always bring up those names to say how those bands are still keeping the same lineups...... hihi
Damn right, gnr is everything I ever liked, ?those are just examples of bands I listened to growing up..

Not hard to understand bands you get into as a teen you follow their every move then as you get older you have your classic albums from them then stop watching what they are doing currently.. You think I know what the scorpions are doing or twisted sister ,well all those bands fall into that category.. I might accidentally stumble upon something they are doing simply because I belong to a musical rock forum.. GNR is the only band I followed eevry second of from start till now...

So big fucking deal if I say I think axl should be speaking of cd if it's definetly coming out in fall... ?One thing has nothing to do with the other, ?we already had the tour of afd in 02 with hopes of cd, now we have the afd tour of 2006 plus former a star from when gnr was huge.. So sorry if I like a little more info on a world tour, a spoken word to the casual rock fan..

CB who said I didn't enjoy the show or seeing axsl perform, it's a message board to speak your mind, sorry if I am not one that just goes that rocks I love it, great picture etc.. I want to see axl out there getting behind the work he shupposedly is releasing shortly..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 02:29:59 PM »

Mike you of all people should know by now that Axl doesnt do anythign untill hes ready to do it. When he's ready to talk about it he will. Untill then theres nothing anyone could do about it. Whats the point in complaining about it when you knwo just as well as I do that its not gonna accomplish anything?
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 02:30:46 PM »

I'm telling you, Mike, there's no such thing as "Chinese Democracy."  rofl

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »

Mike you of all people should know by now that Axl doesnt do anythign untill hes ready to do it. When he's ready to talk about it he will. Untill then theres nothing anyone could do about it. Whats the point in complaining about it when you knwo just as well as I do that its not gonna accomplish anything?

Yes I know this but man he's touring europe for the second time already heavy with old 4 years later  it's time for new band ,new material mostly and real word about cd and possible single..  I actually like this band better when they play better
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 02:34:18 PM »

I'm telling you, Mike, there's no such thing as "Chinese Democracy."? rofl

Honestly I'll believe it when I can hold it in my hands
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 02:43:02 PM »

geez must you always have to do that can't you just say yeah man you have a point..

As if you could.

if someone does I'll tell them even if it means they dislike something I love..

Gnr forums have people who will never say a bad word regarding their side, it's just the way it is.. it would be out of character
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 03:03:32 PM »

Gnr forums have people who will never say a bad word regarding their side, it's just the way it is.. it would be out of character

Why should we say a bad word regarding any side whatever. Huh
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

Why should we say a bad word regarding any side whatever. Huh

I'm talking the whole vr vs new gnr thing or old band vs new band, people need to bend and accept opinions.. It's like if someone feels axl sounded bad its turns into a shit fest or a bad review.. So even if axl is your fave it's cool to be able to accept other's opinion that it might not have been spectacular

I like vr, but if something was not good I can say it, some can't it would be out of character for them..
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

An indication from the record company that's what i want, btw i don't know how long is fall over in the States, in europe December is Winter.
Albums releases are planned 3 months in advance (after all the music and art work is done), they have to be done (most of them in Asia for costs purpuses), shipped, world distribution... all the negotions involved....it takes time, they should be starting now for a Sep/Out release and nothing from geffen/interscope or whatever there name is.
Mike's right when he says most people going to see GNR want a trip memory lane, so a word from the band about the new album to keep peoples attention would be a good ideia marketing wise its strange not to do it, but what really bugs me is the damn thing not being listed as a release anywere or did i miss something  confused
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 04:26:05 PM »

An indication from the record company that's what i want, btw i don't know how long is fall over in the States, in europe December is Winter.
Albums releases are planned 3 months in advance (after all the music and art work is done), they have to be done (most of them in Asia for costs purpuses), shipped, world distribution... all the negotions involved....it takes time, they should be starting now for a Sep/Out release and nothing from geffen/interscope or whatever there name is.
Mike's right when he says most people going to see GNR want a trip memory lane, so a word from the band about the new album to keep peoples attention would be a good ideia marketing wise its strange not to do it, but what really bugs me is the damn thing not being listed as a release anywere or did i miss something? confused

"in europe December is Winter" ....  rofl

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
yupyup
Opening Act

Here Today...