Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  this has really been bugging me-lack of talks about cd in europe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: this has really been bugging me-lack of talks about cd in europe  (Read 8955 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »

So you don't think he has some sort of plan...?

'02 blew up in his face.? I don't think he will make the same mistake twice.?

I'm sure he has a plan, but I've been hearing master plan theories for 4 years already.... I just feel he could be really making the most of these concerts plus helping his new band have their own identity by reinforcing new songs and the album
Origen
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 10:15:19 AM »

So you don't think he has some sort of plan...?

'02 blew up in his face.? I don't think he will make the same mistake twice.?

To me he hasn't renewed his plan since the '02 tour and could easily blow up in their faces again.

I thought we were going to a huge press release when the tour started and other things happening, but nothink in essence.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 10:16:23 AM »

Basically, the album thing still bugs the shit out of me. Angry Why they toured without a record again is mindboggling. Huh

man I thought axl was going to knock our socks off at hammerstein and tell the small crowd something about cd's date... So true man 2001-2002 2006 I mean just release the fucking thing already or sound reassuring about it by talking singles or vids or time tables to those who don't know..
RichardNixon
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 10:21:11 AM »

Remember that in '02 Axl said of the release of "Chinese Democracy" "soon is not the word."

In '06 Axl said it would be out this year, for sure.

Anything can happen of course, but I am hopeful '06 will be the year.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 10:23:13 AM »

Remember that in '02 Axl said of the release of "Chinese Democracy" "soon is not the word."

sure, he was talking about cd in 99 too, but I think in 2002 it was almost done, by rio 4 something was going to happen, bh bailed now we're here.. if no parts were redone that what the fuck have they been doing, then the 26 out of 32 are finished or something..
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 10:23:29 AM »

Obviously he should do this or he should do that but I really don't think Axl cares. I'm not trying to justify it but Axl always does things his own way, like it or not. I don't think the lack of information suggests CD isn't coming out because he mentioned that it was in couple of interviews. Would the fact he said it at a concert make you believe it even more? Obviously, saying it at the gigs would reach more people but Axl doesn't do publicity and doesn't want to hype the album up too much. Why, I don't know but its always been that way for Axl. He clearly wants the exact opposite of all the hype surrounding UYI. Maybe he thinks that all the hype damaged UYI's credibilty especially when it didn't live up to rediculously high expectations among most people. He just wants the music to speak for itself. This is nothing new. He never really gave an explanation for the breakup, never tried to defends accusations of being a control freak, never responded to numerous personal accusations, or the revolving door of producers and musicians such as Buckethead or any information about the writing or the recording process for the album. They are some of the most important questions of his life but he simply to refuses to answer, almost becoming a sort of anti celebrity. The lack of an official website is also connected with this rediculously high level of secrecy surrounding his life, band and the album. I don't see the need for it but its always been Axl's way.

Besides, I think anyone at the concert will know about the album being released by the time it comes out.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »

Besides, I think anyone at the concert will know about the album being released by the time it comes out.

I strongly disagree there... I say this because I see bands today that I followed religiously back in the day but I have no clue or cares about what they are doing now... It's like I'd see metallica the stones aeromsith motleu crue etc but I wouldn't care when their new music was coming out.. Gnr is a big time name ,people will see them tour forever without ever buying anything new.. maybe the kids care but the older people are there for more nostalgic reasons.. Not saying smething at shows is silly,.
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 10:32:09 AM »

Besides a few people bitching on message boards, and some people chanting for Slash and throwing piss bottles, the tour is actually going well the way it is. ?

Like someone else mentioned, he might say something at the last gig, and gear up for a headlining North American Tour. ?Riight now he's doing festivals, people were going to these shows anyway no matter what. ?The fact that they're out there playing is enough promotion right now.

Didn't Ron say he won't appear on the album because he came in too late? ?If that's the case, then it's done, and when a release date gets closer we'll hear about it. ?Fall is from September until December. ?If the album is scheduled to be released at the end of fall, it could be another 6 months away. ?

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 10:35:38 AM »

it could be 50 years away, just keep us informed and spread the word looking confident,,, No more gag orders for the band , talk singles

I know I had said this befor ebut Janet has a new album set instone they are talking dates now for late sept, and her single is now touching the radio, it could easily be them doing this too..  Hopefully some concrete words are said SOOOOOOON
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 10:52:02 AM »

What the girl said. Basically Mike, if you don't care about what they are doing now, why are you nagging them for talks about their new album?

I saw 2 New York shows. I want an album. Angry

I'm yet to see a show. I want to see a show before they change the set totally. as well as after.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »

What the girl said. Basically Mike, if you don't care about what they are doing now, why are you nagging them for talks about their new album?

I saw 2 New York shows. I want an album. Angry

I'm yet to see a show. I want to see a show before they change the set totally. as well as after.

did I say I didn't care, I said many people who go to band's shows that were big years back go for nostaligic reasons not because they are into the new stuff

Once a band passes their hay day many people just go to walk down memory lane, not because they are dying for new music

Motley crue will sell out a million venues but their newer music will not sell, it's just the seriously devoted whio care

As for me I meant it fior bands I followed years ago, I still follow these guys axl or the name
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 10:58:25 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
that girl
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »

Maybe there is no album. ?Shocked ?Maybe they're just out there playing shows like Aerosmith, Crue, and even VR with nothing really new to promote...not yet anyway. 

People have short attention spans.  Majority of the folks who are going to these shows do not post on boards.  Many of them are not going to go home and write down a release date for an upcoming album.  So what if a couple of hundred people on a forum would like to know.  They WILL know when the time comes, and not a minute sooner! Smiley

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 11:02:26 AM »

Well I think it's important for him to let people know there IS an album at the shows even if he can't tell the exact details.
that girl
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 11:08:54 AM »

Playing IRS, CD, Better, The Blues, etc. IS telling people that an album exists imo.
"downloading motherfuckers" is a clue to the people who don't even know the new songs that something is coming otherwise why even mention it...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 11:10:25 AM »

did I say I didn't care, I said many people who go to band's shows that were big years back go for nostaligic reasons not because they are into the new stuff

Once a band passes their hay day many people just go to walk down memory lane, not because they are dying for new music

Motley crue will sell out a million venues but their newer music will not sell, it's just the seriously devoted whio care

As for me I meant it fior bands I followed years ago, I still follow these guys axl or the name

Ok so gnr is exceptional for you. unlike metallica, Rolling stones aerosmith motley crue etc. Interesting cos you always bring up those names to say how those bands are still keeping the same lineups...... hihi
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 11:37:54 AM »

I strongly disagree there... I say this because I see bands today that I followed religiously back in the day but I have no clue or cares about what they are doing now... It's like I'd see metallica the stones aeromsith motleu crue etc but I wouldn't care when their new music was coming out.. Gnr is a big time name ,people will see them tour forever without ever buying anything new.. maybe the kids care but the older people are there for more nostalgic reasons.. Not saying smething at shows is silly,.

Are you telling me you wouldn't know if Metallica, the stones, aerosmith, or motley crue had a new album out? I don't visit Robert Plant or Led Zeppelin websites and have never seen him live, I still knew when he released a new album. I think anyone going to a guns concert would hear bout a new album. I mean if your alert enough to know about the gig then you would be aware of a new album when its released in fairness. They might not have heard of it yet but when its released they will.

I still think not saying anything about the album is not any sillier that not having an official website or explaining the sudden end to the 2002 tour. It's Axl's way. This reminds me of Axl's quote: "I meant to release an album but it slipped my mind". People like you seem to think Axl would say something about the album but it just doesn't cross his mind when he's on stage., or he's just a little silly and forgets! If he wanted to say something he would. He has his reasons for not doing so. Axl and Guns have always been different from other bands approach to things particularly in the last decade. Why he wants secrecy I don't know. Anyone else would be doing everything they can to promote the album. Like I said in a previous post he probably just wants the opposite to all the UYI hype and publicity which damaged the credibilty of what were two amazing albums.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:43:31 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

RichardNixon
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

sure, he was talking about cd in 99 too, but I think in 2002 it was almost done, by rio 4 something was going to happen, bh bailed now we're here.. if no parts were redone that what the fuck have they been doing, then the 26 out of 32 are finished or something..

But I'm pretty sure that only '06 has been the year that Axl said the album would be out by the year's end.  In '99, '02, Axl never said "it's coming out this year."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 12:37:59 PM »

nor "ab so lute ly".

This topic has been bugging me with dejave. How about you?  confused
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »

When you have CD in your disc player then you will know it exists.

Right now, I still believe it's not complete nor ready and that is why there isn't a release date or any hype about it at the shows.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »

IMO we should know of CDs fate this August.  The band has the whole month off and will be back in the US.  If any promotion should start, it would be August right before the US tour.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: