Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  this has really been bugging me-lack of talks about cd in europe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: this has really been bugging me-lack of talks about cd in europe  (Read 8921 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 26, 2006, 05:22:20 AM »

We all know what axl said on eddie trunk, but how many people does that cover in reality? The die hards I suppose and a few casual rock/metal fans.. Which is cool

here's the thing why is axl touring europe and not even saying anything regarding the album or a possible single while going country to country playing in front of 100,000's of people.. With the release coming "soon" wouldn't it be in his best interest to say things of this nature

*this next song will be on our upcoming album cd
*ladies n gents I'm happy to say we're ready to release cd
*This song will be our next single, or say another song off the album will be a single
*we're shooting for this date to release a single, we're doing a video when we return home..
*The name of the album will be or won't be CD
* maybe some history behind some of the tunes like he did with wttj

Well the list goes on and on with things he should say to imform people on this large ground covering tour...

I think axl is being kind of in the dark here, plus it's a lot of old music .....

There is no reason with july around the corner doing  a second cd type tour without mentioning some key points.. 01-02  already introduced you to the band.. No more stretch your legs introduction tours, this time around it should have been done with everything in order, dates single name, album name etc

That's how I feel...
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:27:35 AM »

actually I have been thinking about that to. I dont understand why he is not promoting CD when he has this golden chance.

Like you said thay are playing for hundreds of thousands nervous
Shirell
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 06:03:38 AM »

I agree, there is a worrying lack of announcements going on.  Lets hope he's just waiting to release it in the autumn and is going to give more details closer to the release date.  I've had my copy of the CD on order for the last five years so the shop owner will hopefully get to deliver on this one this year.  Plus he'll be glad to get rid of me I would think and my weekly question of "have you heard anything".
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 06:22:30 AM »

i'm cool with it
until they drop the cd they shouldnt talk at all
i mean, we have the music to enjoy , so that's already cool.

i dont think it's a good idea to boast about CD and release dates and what ever in front of a puzzled audience who heard bad things about the band for ever.

what they're doing is the best option: let the music speak.

i would like axl to say anything about cd on the LAST concert before its release. the LAST one.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:33:29 AM »

People are going to try and justify it but the lack of publicity is just silly. This aint 1990 and the press aint going to do it for you anymore Axl  ok
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:07:55 AM »

There's press coverage on the European shows, a french magazine published a 20 page article about CD.

here in Belgium, in one of the biggest national newspaper ("Le Soir"), there was an article about the Graspop show (great press by the way) and the fact that Axl said CD would be out in the end of 2006.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
madagas
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:19:06 AM »

Basically, the album thing still bugs the shit out of me. Angry Why they toured without a record again is mindboggling. Huh
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »

Basically, the album thing still bugs the shit out of me. Angry Why they toured without a record again is mindboggling. Huh

Dont pretend you dont wish you could see everyone of the shows though.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 08:31:23 AM »

Like I said in another thread, Europe = Straight up cash money homie.  Notice how the tour isn't called Chinese Democracy World Tour?  This is a cash grab, and a good one at that. 

The real drama comes when GNR start up here in the USA in September.  Let's see if that tour has a name.
madagas
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 08:36:22 AM »

I saw 2 New York shows. I want an album. Angry
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 08:38:09 AM »

Like I said in another thread, Europe = Straight up cash money homie.  Notice how the tour isn't called Chinese Democracy World Tour?  This is a cash grab, and a good one at that. 

The real drama comes when GNR start up here in the USA in September.  Let's see if that tour has a name.

History shows that Axl's hardly a money digger.
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 08:51:13 AM »

Maybe the tour is more about re-establishing themselves. The new Guns n Roses hardly have a lot of credibility among the general public, but undertaking a long tour could boost this before the album is due.
Origen
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 09:02:18 AM »

Like I said in another thread, Europe = Straight up cash money homie.? Notice how the tour isn't called Chinese Democracy World Tour?? This is a cash grab, and a good one at that.?

The real drama comes when GNR start up here in the USA in September.? Let's see if that tour has a name.

Yes because of course the European tour is just a warmup for the all mighty American tour  Roll Eyes
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »

No it's a money grab and a chance to prove to more finicky US promoters that this is a viable tour. 
Wolfpac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »

'*this next song will be on our upcoming album cd
*ladies n gents I'm happy to say we're ready to release cd
*This song will be our next single, or say another song off the album will be a single
*we're shooting for this date to release a single, we're doing a video when we return home..
*The name of the album will be or won't be CD
* maybe some history behind some of the tunes like he did with wttj'

- Maybe he just doesn't say those things because he knows the European fans just aren't as naive as the US fans.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 09:25:42 AM »

No it's a money grab and a chance to prove to more finicky US promoters that this is a viable tour.?

I also think it could be a test on Axl's behalf to see just how well he can handle being on the road for extended periods of time...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
godiva
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 09:28:33 AM »

All Axl said at any of those shows, including the ones in NYC, were funny one-liners. Sure, made me laugh, but somehow I miss the talkative Axl. It's nice to see him in a good mood, cracking jokes, but why can't he just address some of the issues, such as THE NEW ALBUM, but also what happened during the 2002 tour, I did expect a funny remark on the Tommy Hilfiger 'fight', why not explain WHY we need to listen to so many solos etc? If not on stage, do an interview. The Trunk thing was cool, but none of the more sensitive issues were touched. It was just a bunch of cool guys hanging out sharing rock and roll stories. Could have listened to it for hours, but in the end it still bugged me that we still didn't have answers on why BH quitt, what was going on in the band at the time, what the hell was Axl during after the 2002 tour, how is the album coming along?

To me, it isn't just the album thing, although I agree that would be the biggest question at the moment. I think there are loads of things the band should address, but I have this eerie feeling we won't get any answers.
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 10:05:10 AM »

I'm surprised no one has answered yet with...Axl doesn't owe us anything. Tongue

OK so this is true, however, talking to the audience about the upcoming album and possible single would not only make many fans excited, but help to further promote this band.? ?They're out there playing in front of houndreds of thousands of people, but they're playing so many of the old songs with only a few new ones sprinkled in, so they're not exactly establishing themselves on their own merits.? ?

Who knows, I'm sure Axl has some master plan for how he wants this to proceed and we'll find out soon enough. ok

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 10:07:51 AM »

all I said was it would be great to talk about the long awaited album in each country, why tour then... I don't care if it's warming up, or trying to earn some money, everyone is possible buyers so let them know something.. All they know is a few new tunes are being played, bach is running around, izzy is around time to time and they hear a lot of classics..

There is no reason a week out from july (fall release) that a single can't be mentioned, the album or what songs they are playing will be off the album.. Just basic info anyone releasing an album soon would do..

I don't buy that nothing is set, no one wants to say anything... You have 8 band members that can be doing interviews , telling fans they meet, etc.. This is just poorly done and it hints of cd not definetly coming out..

Also not to sound mean but enough with the master plan stuff, this is just promoting your album when you tour.. You don't tour twice in europe onbce in the usa with no product plus the vmas
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »

So you don't think he has some sort of plan...?

'02 blew up in his face.  I don't think he will make the same mistake twice. 

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: