Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:03:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I hope this doesn't happen to GnR
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hope this doesn't happen to GnR  (Read 4672 times)
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 09:39:35 AM »

yeah, i agree, it's a good thing for people to listen to them. but just becuase i am young doens't mean i should be classed as someone who sticks on the greatest hits album and pretends to be gn'rs biggest fan.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
godiva
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 09:40:41 AM »

sorry sesor, was that aimed at my post? You don't quite understand, I'm afraid, I wasn't being sarcastic. I was saying that I really like it when I see younger people getting into GNR, no matter if they only recentluy discovered them or if they have known about them for years. Sorry you took it the wrong way. What we've got here is a failure to communicate hihi
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:27 AM »

hehe.
well it's all good then, because i am 'a younger person' and i love gn'r.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
godiva
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »

And that's why we like you  hihi  ok
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »

hehe =)
also, today's youth is needed to keep the love of good music alive. otherwise we will be lost in this sea of clone hip hop, talentless dance music and 'heavy metal loving emo's'. an iron maiden loving maths teacher at my old school used to complain about how me and my best friend should get our won music and stop stealing his. and then that it was down to our generation to sort out how bad today's music generally is. i find that quite contradictive. how can we get music that he likes out these days if we arent allowed to listen to it. music is there to be appreciated, no matter how old you are, even wether you were alive when it was out, if it's what you love and are passionate about.

Gordi
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 10:18:41 AM »

Well said Sesor ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 10:29:01 AM »

I have a feeling like the age group of 14-18 will hear the new stuff and be like OH THERE MY FAVORITE BAND I just bought Ashlee Simpsons CD now im gonna go get Chinese Democracy.

Lovely! I think that is happening to GNR.
Plus those who weren't big on GNR in the last century will take a fresh look at the band this time.

Or, do you think we should buy a thousand of copies each? Is that's how the band made it in the past?

Everyone should be exposed to good music.  peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »

I always hated the fact people get bent because an ashlee simpson fan might like gnr..

I hope if they buy cd they buy the other albums and actually learn their gnr history.. Finck how was it writing the solo for scom hihi
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »

Were you born a GnR fan?.....has their music been flowing through your veins since conception?

Hearing songs like November Rain, SCOM and WTTJ is what got me into them and introduced me to their full works.....

So what if GnR gain plenty of new fans?....that's a good thing!....I mean they have spent alot of money on this album....more fans = more money!

Better late than never I say....I'd actually be happy if they gained loads of new fans....show's they're still relevant outside of their fans!

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 10:44:23 AM »

When she left and I looked in her direction, her daughter couldn't have been more than 14, or 15.

Sicko Lips Sealed
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »

So what if GnR gain plenty of new fans?....that's a good thing!....I mean they have spent alot of money on this album....more fans = more money!

Better late than never I say....I'd actually be happy if they gained loads of new fans....show's they're still relevant outside of their fans!

fans are what keep the music alive, without the fans then there wouldnt be any guns n' roses, regardless of the old or new. the fans that have been there waiting are what have kept gnr there, but all music needs new fans to survive. also, just because person has been around longer to know about a band doesnt mean that they can dictate who can or can't listen to them.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 10:51:45 AM »

When she left and I looked in her direction, her daughter couldn't have been more than 14, or 15.

Sicko Lips Sealed

Damn man hihi

Her taste in music was much more attractive...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »

Me and my band played all Guns song for over a years.and i heard many people says to us (younger and older) that Guns N Roses are History,out of date, and we should played new kinda song because Rock N Roll era is finished.and we should follow trends (of course they didnt know if Guns is still exist and not heard the leaks yet).and if CD comes out and they start to like new guns and call themself a ?hardcore fans.I probably punch them right in the face yes.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

Finck how was it writing the solo for scom hihi

..."that top hat really suits you, dude!" Grin

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 11:53:59 AM »

Guns n roses needs that, we better hope it happens.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 12:02:03 PM »

Guns n roses needs that, we better hope it happens.

Since when corrupting young pop/new metal minds with good music has become unappropriate?  Roll Eyes Cheesy

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »

Don't get me wrong I hope GnR gets new fans and I hope they take that garbage ( Fall Out Boy)and make them go back home and think of a song where its not a whiny pop song.

Here's the deal I have these two girlfriends that are 18-19 I asked them what there favorite GnR songs where and one of them said My Michelle.  I said oh that's cool mine is November Rain and they go oh I NEVER HEARD THAT SONG !!! WHAT ok so then I found the leak to Better and sent it to them but they didn't say anything.

This is what my problem is sure they don't like it now but when everyone else is listening to it they will like it.  I want to new fans and I want GnR to become the talk of the music world but I don't want fans who have heard one song and say oh how much they love them.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 01:46:38 PM »

This is what my problem is sure they don't like it now but when everyone else is listening to it they will like it.  I want to new fans and I want GnR to become the talk of the music world but I don't want fans who have heard one song and say oh how much they love them.
i agree with what your saying, for an example i'veloved nirvana for years, they've got me through the bad times, and my brother alwya said "meh, they're ok i suppose". but now he's started goign otu and realised that all the little poepelt hat wanna seem like they're lil rockers pretend to love nirvana and he's doing the same. and it annoys me so much.
there was a girl who loved all the "dance crap" but she started goign out with this guy who loves gnr. and she's all lke "yeaaah i love them" when she only knows sweet child. and it annoys me so much that people can just pretend they love a band when they only know the main songs. my bro name dhis fish kurt ffs  confused yet he doenst know a thing about the dude.
what annoyed emthe most though is that, just becaus ei am young i am seen as one of those people i said above. i follow heretodaygonetohell religiously for updates.

also i cant believe someone who thinks they ilke gnr has never heard november rain :|:|

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 02:03:28 PM »

I say if someone can truly love one song off GNR, then that's real and great.
mattkipper
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

This has to be the worst post ever.

Any real fan would want the exact opposite as you. If those 14-18 year olds go out and buy Chinese Democracy it will be a huge success. If you don't have those teenagers in the states becoming fans good luck promoting an album, getting any radio & music video airplay, having a succesful arena tour and selling merchandise.

You need to realize that, that is the key market for bands to appeal to nowadays.

I mean, look at what happened with Green Day and American Idiot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: