Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why aren't there any soundboard audio from the 2006 shows?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why aren't there any soundboard audio from the 2006 shows?  (Read 7788 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 01:03:09 AM »

The 2002 SBs were not stolen from philly, that is just dumb. Why would the band have a stack of cd-rs sbs sitting there on the soundboard waiting to be stolen? That is just stupid. That was just the excuse given to how some were obtained but its not true at all. What would the point of the techs bringing all the sb recordings to each show? They wouldnt, they would keep them in the studio or on the bus etc.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 01:23:10 AM »

The 2002 SBs were not stolen from philly, that is just dumb. Why would the band have a stack of cd-rs sbs sitting there on the soundboard waiting to be stolen? That is just stupid. That was just the excuse given to how some were obtained but its not true at all. What would the point of the techs bringing all the sb recordings to each show? They wouldnt, they would keep them in the studio or on the bus etc.
So, could you explain how they surfaced?

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 01:29:02 AM »

THat I would love to know myself?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 01:33:25 AM »

Axl randomly leaves some in strip joints Tongue
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 01:51:11 AM »

Axl hasn't had the time yet to upload them, he's been too busy performing.

hihi
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 08:22:45 AM »

Wasn't there the Pittsburgh soundboards and the Boston ones last tour? How did people get those?

and maybe Cleveland?

Fuck All Y'all
EFISH
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:07 AM »

Columbus and tacoma as well  Cool
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »

I always was under the assumption they were leaked by someone who worked for the band and wasn't happy how the sound/stage help were appreciated.  That was all told to me by a third party, so who knows.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 08:43:54 AM »

Im assuming its people associated somehow with the tour: either sound tech or something.

If I worked in the industry at the risk of losing my job and being blacklisted forever, Id leak what I safely could.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 11:20:09 AM »

In '02, if memory serves, it took awhile for the soundboards to "percolate" to release.

But also notice....afaik, no Euro soundboards from that same tour..only US soundboards. Right?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 11:20:59 AM »

Why do the band keep soundboard recordings of each show?

EFISH
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 11:27:08 AM »

so they can hear how they sounded, i guess  nervous

maybe, the U.S sound techs will leak some stuff like in '02?  Wink Wink Wink
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »

Someone in the gnr camp leaked them.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
badapple81
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fhTG0tirG_I&mode=related&search=

There is footage like this, I think that it so cool to have some pro shot stuff that is this good

Fuck! We must get a full version of this pro shot!  drool
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 01:55:57 PM »

No, they were stolen during the Philly riot. The person who stole them has all the SBD's from the NA 02 tour but haven't released them yet for whatever reason.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »

No, they were stolen during the Philly riot. The person who stole them has all the SBD's from the NA 02 tour but haven't released them yet for whatever reason.
\

This is good to know.

If I am ever at a GNR show and there is a riot, I am heading for the stage and stealing shit. hihi

Albeit, I have no idea what a sound board looks like but I'd still steal something hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 02:02:08 PM »

That person is full of crap. Ill ask the question again. Why would the techs of gnr bring SBs from the other shows to each new show and have them on burned cds? That makes no sense what so ever. Answer this question and maybe I will believe they were stolen from philly, but I think that is just an excuse how they were obtained. ?

That is like saying the camera crew takes all the video they get from the old shows to the new shows, its just not true.
Axl is very anal about leaks, and after each show i am sure the recordings are locked up, they are not sitting on the SB where anyone can grab them
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:05:26 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 03:38:03 PM »

Maybe it was on an external hard disk. Maybe they kept the soundboards to soundcheck preparation or stuff like that. I dunno, but if you don't have proof that they weren't stolen in Philly riot, you shouldn't say its "just dumb".

Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2006, 11:18:07 PM »

Maybe it was on an external hard disk. Maybe they kept the soundboards to soundcheck preparation or stuff like that. I dunno, but if you don't have proof that they weren't stolen in Philly riot, you shouldn't say its "just dumb".
it is dumb... they have alot of things to work on with out soundboard CDRs from the shows in the way...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 01:23:49 AM »

it is dumb... they have alot of things to work on with out soundboard CDRs from the shows in the way...
Did you stole? Were you there? Do you know anything for a fact? Guess not, huh..?

If it was an external HD, they could have all those other shows recorded there.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: