Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's voice 2006 v 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's voice 2006 v 2002  (Read 5836 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« on: June 25, 2006, 02:49:09 AM »

Was that thread deleted?  I had something I wanted to post in it  Tongue

Anyway, since GnR is on tour and Axl's voice live is a valid and current topic, let's discuss it.  Some say in 2002 his voice was off for whatever reason and are shocked that he's regained it in 2006.  I'm of the opinion that in 2002 he held back most of the time but was still capable of "unleashing the beast"  hihi when he wanted to.  Evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j06dVpEZn_U&search=axl%20rose
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:20:36 AM »

Overall I like his voice better now than in 02...

But his scream at the intro to WTTJ in 01/02 was fantastic(I miss them here in 06)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 04:24:16 AM »

I like it better this time, seemed more high pitched mousey in 2002, voice is just better all around now..
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:15:21 AM »

I like it better this time, seemed more high pitched mousey in 2002, voice is just better all around now..

I like it better in 2006 too but I think in 2002 he was capable of doing what he does now, but maybe wasn't as willing to do it.  Perhaps he was worried about his voice holding up on tour but there were moments during 2002 where he proved that he was still able to hit the same ridiculous notes he always has
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 05:18:22 AM »

Maybe he hadn't finished the vocals for cd and wanted to preserve his voice for the studio

Here today...ready to rock
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 06:17:12 AM »

2002 was good, now it's even better
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 06:18:52 AM »

Maybe he hadn't finished the vocals for cd and wanted to preserve his voice for the studio

nah then why tour at all.. I think either tour cd should have been on it's way out and done...

Janet jackso has a late september release going, her single is out, and their is an exact date... pretty damn easy
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:17:27 AM »

nah then why tour at all.. I think either tour cd should have been on it's way out and done...

Janet jackso has a late september release going, her single is out, and their is an exact date... pretty damn easy

That's good for Janet and her below par music.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 09:30:33 AM »

So far I think '06 is better all around than in '02.  Axl's voice sounds really good and he looks so much more comfortable and relaxed on stage, the band just seems much tighter as a group.   

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:55 AM »

axls voice is ofcorse better now,but it wasnt THAT bad in 02....on some songs it worked very well,but this ''new'' version is just better,great...  Cool

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »

I liked him in 2002 but seriously, 25 seconds from a whole tour means nothing.

That whole concert was stunning!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 10:09:56 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:41 AM »

2002 was better than nothing at all while now it's like it should be.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 10:13:53 AM »

It's not the point of wether her music is good or not, it's about being able to give a single and release date in advance

if the album is ready and you're toruing the world why are you not even speaking of a date, why isn't  a date set so he can speak about it.  Every country in europe he's playing yet no mentions, why?
that girl
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 10:46:02 AM »

2002 was better than nothing at all

I don't agree.  He lost alot of respect from fans, promoters, people in the music industry with the way the tour was cancelled etc.  Even the diehard fans who defended how he sounded in '02 can NOW admit that he sounds better in '06.  Translation:  he did not sound as good as he could have/should have in '02 apart from a performance here and there.  Now, every show seems to be more of a hit instead of a miss. Wink

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 10:51:24 AM »

It's not the point of wether her music is good or not, it's about being able to give a single and release date in advance

if the album is ready and you're toruing the world why are you not even speaking of a date, why isn't? a date set so he can speak about it.? Every country in europe he's playing yet no mentions, why?

Because it's not ready? Yes he did say it will come out this year but fuck sakes man it isn't even summer time yet.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 10:53:37 AM »

Is this seriously a thread again?

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 10:53:43 AM »

if the album is ready and you're toruing the world why are you not even speaking of a date, why isn't? a date set so he can speak about it.? Every country in europe he's playing yet no mentions, why?

Because it's not ready? Yes he did say it will come out this year but fuck sakes man it isn't even summer time yet.

he said fall already, why the fuck is he touring with no album ready, he did this in 01-02 ... he should know a few things by now, at least say have no fear cd will be out.. I doubt everyone is europe was glued to the eddie trunk interview hihi
Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 10:56:43 AM »

So far I think '06 is better all around than in '02.? Axl's voice sounds really good and he looks so much more comfortable and relaxed on stage, the band just seems much tighter as a group.? ?

Maybe cause many of the band members have been in the band almsot as long as old GN?R excisted  ok

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 11:01:29 AM »

In 02 his voice did seem strange. His lungpower was definatly gone (VMA performance, missing words, dying half way through a word). At hammerstein it was a million times better. I dont really care what the problem was, he corrected it.
that girl
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 11:09:21 AM »

So far I think '06 is better all around than in '02.? Axl's voice sounds really good and he looks so much more comfortable and relaxed on stage, the band just seems much tighter as a group.? ?

Maybe cause many of the band members have been in the band almsot as long as old GN?R excisted? ok

Well, yeah,  "in name" they  may have been around as long as some of the original, but I remember a while back Dizzy saying he hadn't seen Axl in over a year at the time he was asked.   It's being in the studio creating music and then going out on tour together that makes a band a band.   Looks like they're finally on their way! yes

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: