Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose = the biggest rock star of all time
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose = the biggest rock star of all time  (Read 5664 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 09:11:57 AM »

I agree with the Elvis comment.  There has never been any rock star as big or as popular or as cutting edge as Elvis was.  He broke so many barriers from his radical dancing (for the times) to being the first white man to sing a black man's song live on TV.  If you look at things relative to their time, Elvis was and is the biggest rock star of all time.

Axl may fall out in the top 10, but not above Mick Jaggar, Steven Tyler, Elvis, Morrison, Angus Young, and Jimmy Paige...at least IMO.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 10:16:18 AM »

elvis is such an icon it's amazing.. I wonder if there's a person in the world who never heard of elvis.. Speaking of normal human beings

chuck berry and hendrix of course..
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »

Slash is more of a rockstar than Axl I reckon.

Another 'biggest rockstar' would be Keith Richards - imo. 'Keith is dead, hes just too wasted to realise' - Hicks.

funny here in my country.Slash is more well known than Axl.(I Think maybe because the name is more easy to say)
I remember a couple weeks ago my band plays guns.and Im the singer and i do snake dancing too.and many people says."wow you're good as Slash impersonator.keep it up!. (Fuck Angry).

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »

ok axl is my idol but i think that his image as a rock has slightly detieriated since he left his kilt and his crazy antics but who knows wot democracy will bring!!! kurt cobain was the last rock star

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

what is Scott shitty Weiland, or whatever his name is, doing in that list anyway?  Huh

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 06:34:16 PM »

what is Scott shitty Weiland, or whatever his name is, doing in that list anyway?? Huh

stop, why because you don't like him he shouldn't be there.. it's like can't people speak normal, cause he insulted axl he's not worthy

Bono should be there, guy is larger then life, not  abig fan of his but I have to give the man props
titchy
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »

Bono is  the biggest headline seeker i know of, going on & on about africa, even the the other members of u2 resent him for this, ive met bono and hes a prick 
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 11:57:31 PM »

Axl, Slash and the stones are the last great rock stars, ithink with grunge being so anti rock star, anti cocaine, anti lomos groupies etc, it sort of unintentionaly killed rock nroll. When Kurt cobain killed himself and guns just stopped, it left a huge void and now we have talentless 'rap stars' like 50 cent. That fuck has been shot like 8 times or sometthin, why could they have not shot that fuck in the head and done us all a fukin favor.

wll i'l get off my soap box, but i just dont see any one band becoming full on ROCK STARS in the near future, it fukin sad.

Kurt cobain killed rock n roll.
Shirell
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 03:25:29 AM »

Axl Rose is a rock god in my opinion.  Others of worth are Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Slash and Jimmi Hendrix.  For the girls I have to put Janis Joplin in there!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 04:03:56 AM »

Axl and Slash were the last true rock stars.  Axl hasn't released an album in 13 years and still causes a stir wherever he goes and whatever he does.  Slash is still universally recognized.  I think the love-hate thing that Axl has going on with both the media and music fans is pretty unique, the fact that he is still as notorious as he is, and that he is still beloved by his fans and there are still haters who harp on his every move, bashing him and everything he does whenever they get the chance shows his that he's a rock star in every sense.  If he were irrelevant the haters wouldn't still, all these years later, still be so dedicated to bashing him
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 04:59:37 AM »

Bono is? the biggest headline seeker i know of, going on & on about africa, even the the other members of u2 resent him for this, ive met bono and hes a prick?

but he is known the world over... He may not be liked by everyone but I mean the guy can drop by the white house and say hi..
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 05:21:45 AM »

not THE biggest,but big.....would fit in top 10.  smoking

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
pebbles
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »

In my world, axl is the biggest and may i add the hottest rock star ever love
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

In my world, axl is the biggest and may i add the hottest rock star ever love

So you are attracted to men who resemble Mr. Potato Head?

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:30 PM »

rofl rofl rofl
Elrothiel
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »

Well I've been sayin' this for the past fuck knows how long!!

Axl Rose = Epitome of Rock!

But seriously, its kinda obvious! Axl does what Axl wants to do, and THAT is rock n' roll! That's what a rock star is SUPPOSED to do! People nowadays are soooo obsessed with being NICE to everyone ALL the time, and there are soooo many fuckin' RULES that you're supposed to abide by, and its just fuckin REFRESHING when someone like Axl comes along and says "Ya know what, NO! FUCK YOU! I'll do what *I* wanna do!".

And that's cool.

And that's why he's the biggest rock star.

And I've probably said all this shit about a thousand times before! beer
Malibu
Opening Act

there's a method to this madness...

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

its all a matter of opinion.. personally, i fuckin love Axl, and he is my favorite rock star of all time.  Some will agree, and others will not.. we love him, or we love to hate him.. so either way!

but out of interest, who would you consider to be the top 10 Rock Stars of All Time?

my list:

1.Elvis
2.Keith Richards
3.Jim Morrison
4.Steve Tyler
5.Angus Young
6.Axl Rose
7.Ozzy Osbourne
8.Jimi Hendrix
9.Bono
10.Kurt Cobain

honourable mention: Robert Plant & Slash

funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns
and just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky one...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 12:06:13 AM »

Jim Morrison is THE greatest rock star of all time.

Axl is the Frankenstein of rock music. Part Jim, part Mick, part Janice, part Freddy, part DLR. If you were to build a rock star using the best and worst parts of the greatest rock stars of all time you'd get Axl.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 12:26:22 AM »

He has turned in to the biggest joke of all-time.  He is not the epitome of a rock star he is the epitome of how to fuck up a career. 
Elrothiel
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 12:34:50 AM »

Oh really Gilld? So he's fucked up his career so much he's still filling every venue he's playing at this whole tour so far eh?

Play nice!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: