Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:24:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose = the biggest rock star of all time
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose = the biggest rock star of all time  (Read 5657 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 02:37:18 AM »

Why are people there?  To hear new songs?  No, they go to hear the songs they grew up with.  He may sell out every venue and everywhere he goes but so does Weird Al.  He could have been one of the greats but he pissed that away in the last 13 years of silence.  This current tour is nothing but a blast from the past sprinkled with a few new mediocre songs.  The magic is gone...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 02:40:01 AM »

sprinkled with a few new mediocre songs.?
Give me a fuckin' break. Roll Eyes
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 02:48:15 AM »

I do not think that any of the new stuff that I have heard or seen live is that great.  Not bad but not great either.  I do not think that they stack up to the old stuff or to other bands that I am in to now.
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 03:17:05 AM »

Axl = Biggest Rock Star of all time?  hihi Doubtful.  Maybe in some peoples heads. But that's about it.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 05:18:54 AM »

Why are people there?? To hear new songs?? No, they go to hear the songs they grew up with.? He may sell out every venue and everywhere he goes but so does Weird Al.? He could have been one of the greats but he pissed that away in the last 13 years of silence.? This current tour is nothing but a blast from the past sprinkled with a few new mediocre songs.? The magic is gone...

I agree with absolutely everything you say, dont worry, Im sure Im not the only one:

I think many people are there due to the following:

1) That they are mad obsessives like the folks on these boards.
2) They are casual fans who have a copy of GH and dont know much else and never really knew the proper line up.
3) They were fans back in the day and arent aware that Slash etc jumped ship long ago.
4) People think that its a reunion tour because Axl has been away since 1993.

I agree that the new songs are pretty bollocks. TWAT excepted - great song, sounds just like  Slash solo to me. Maybe thats why.

The 'biggest rock star of all time' should more time being a rock star and releasing albums and not a primadonna berk that attacks women and bites people after being in hiding learning to be a numerologist or whatever for 13 years.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 05:48:00 AM »

When I think of "rock stars" the first people that come to my mind are Axl Rose, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, and Kurt Cobain. Maybe Jim Morrison, also. And Elvis, since I guess he was kinda the king and all. Personally, as of right now, I would consider Mick Jagger the biggest rock star of all time. But Axl isn't far behind, plus he's only 44. If you think about it, GNR weren't around very long, they only released three CDs basically (not counting Lies or TSI), and yet they're still considered legends. In another 20 years, after Chinese Democracy and whatever other CDs the new GNR release, as well as possible reunions that might happen one day, I do believe Axl will go down as the greatest rock star of all time. True rock stars are a dying breed anyway; I can't think of one person out there now who is a TRUE rock star, a REAL rock star. Axl and Kurt Cobain were the last two, imo.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: