Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD will probably come with a book as thick as the bible containing the credits
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD will probably come with a book as thick as the bible containing the credits  (Read 3949 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: June 24, 2006, 02:58:59 PM »

it appears Axl really couldn't give 2 fucks about his old band members. I would say friends, but i don't think they mean that much to him. I sure hope VR produce a good 2nd album and while Chinese Democracy is sounding interesting from the leaks, i'll probably download it rather then buy it, just out of principle  Grin

I'll download it too - I dont feel like Axl Rose should get any more of my money. Anyways, we've heard a load of the songs off CD already - and to these ears, they dont sound too hot with the exception of TWAT. 8 years plus to write Rhiad and Chi Dem etc - jeez.

CD cant be that amazing if its taking so long to make, it just shows, to me, that Axl either hasnt got the ability to write songs without Izzy etc, his band arent good enough, or that he isnt comfortable with his material. Or he's just nuts and/or lazy. We'll probaly see loads of 'Co-written with Bernie Taupin' credits - lol......

'Once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the street. Time went by and it became a joke' - that lyric sums it up for me.

Roll on Libertad - I bet its gonna be great, especially if Scott can write some decent lyrics this time round. There were some turkeys on Contraband thats for sure. Some good ol ripping solos from the Slashster would be ace too.

CD will probably come with a book as thick as the bible containing the credits  hihi
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »

I'm sure it will just be like the UYI booklet, with credits (Who played what) beneath each song.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 03:49:53 PM »

im thinkin the album wont be earth shattering but will be good.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »

I imagine it will be normal size. I don't think Axl gives one hot fuck about how long it's taken. He hasn't been as obsessed about it as we have, imo.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »

'Credits - Chris Pittman - Speak and Spell.'

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »

same here.

I'm sure it will just be like the UYI booklet, with credits (Who played what) beneath each song.

I think that each copy will come with a ex member(one of 10 million) as a bonus who'll know all the credits by heart.
that's why it's taken so long, zakk wyld had a problem memorizing some parts

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 06:27:32 PM »

interesting.

i think it will be a good album, im hoping for great tho. Any thing less than earth shattering will be a failure becasue the real Guns hold them to that quality level, so if youre going to do something as audacious as keep the name, you better bring something equally as amazing to the table

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 06:41:17 PM »

Chinese Democracy will be an average record.? I don't think it will be amazing.? UYI I & II were good, not great so why would this be any different?? They will never outdo AFD, in my opinion.

I once read that the 1998 version of Chinese Democracy w/ Axl, Robin, Tommy, Josh, Dizzy and Paul was quite good.? I wonder if it will ever surface?? That would be interesting 'cause I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.
Megaguns
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 08:57:41 PM »

'Credits - Chris Pittman - Speak and Spell.'
Chris Pittman- Laundry and beverages / Toilet scrubber
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 10:00:45 PM »

with a band that has changed so much over the years, and an album that's taken so long to make, I hope it comes with an extensive credits note with all the people that had any involvement addressed, I think it would make a good read, besides I'm curious to know who was part of what hehe

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:46 PM »

Buckethead- Tunes guitars on tracks 3 and 47

hihi

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 01:15:58 AM »

I love Locomotive98 because he's always fair and unbiased  rofl

It took 8 years to write Chinese Democracy and Rhiad?  Er, I wonder if he knows those songs were written between 1998 and 2000?   Tongue
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 01:31:07 AM »

Thank you Paul Huge

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 01:56:53 AM »

it appears Axl really couldn't give 2 fucks about his old band members. I would say friends, but i don't think they mean that much to him. I sure hope VR produce a good 2nd album and while Chinese Democracy is sounding interesting from the leaks, i'll probably download it rather then buy it, just out of principle? Grin

I'll download it too - I dont feel like Axl Rose should get any more of my money. Anyways, we've heard a load of the songs off CD already - and to these ears, they dont sound too hot with the exception of TWAT. 8 years plus to write Rhiad and Chi Dem etc - jeez.

CD cant be that amazing if its taking so long to make, it just shows, to me, that Axl either hasnt got the ability to write songs without Izzy etc, his band arent good enough, or that he isnt comfortable with his material. Or he's just nuts and/or lazy. We'll probaly see loads of 'Co-written with Bernie Taupin' credits - lol......

'Once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the street. Time went by and it became a joke' - that lyric sums it up for me.

Roll on Libertad - I bet its gonna be great, especially if Scott can write some decent lyrics this time round. There were some turkeys on Contraband thats for sure. Some good ol ripping solos from the Slashster would be ace too.

CD will probably come with a book as thick as the bible containing the credits? hihi

Just out of curiosity...How much money have you spent on GNR (meaning axl) in 13 years? Maybe Scott can write some cool lyrics with Pharrel eh?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 05:14:52 AM »

I love Locomotive98 because he's always fair and unbiased? rofl

It took 8 years to write Chinese Democracy and Rhiad?? Er, I wonder if he knows those songs were written between 1998 and 2000?? ?Tongue

I love you too mate!  hihi

Ok, I didnt know that  those 2 songs were written between 6-8 years ago. Thats hardly a plus point for Axl though dont you think? If thats the case then this album will already be hideously outdated by the time it comes out. If he wrote those songs all that time ago and he still thinks that Rhiad is good enough to make the cut, then I more worried than I was before.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »

Will the album be good? Yes.

Will it acheive the groundbreaking heights some people on this board seem to hope for? No.

Be prepared for a great rock record, not an earth shattering event.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 05:56:48 PM »

Sorry but what is this thread about? Huh

like many said, altho I don't mind if it does, it's unlikely to come with a bible-thick book.
1)How many words are there in the bible? a name may take the space of approx 3/4 words  but that many people can't be involved with CD. 2) We are in the age of EDPS.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »

if they are smart they just put a link to some website with all the names on it so the interested people can check it out....  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 06:52:22 PM »

Chinese Democracy will be an average record.? I don't think it will be amazing.? UYI I & II were good, not great so why would this be any different?? They will never outdo AFD, in my opinion.

I once read that the 1998 version of Chinese Democracy w/ Axl, Robin, Tommy, Josh, Dizzy and Paul was quite good.? I wonder if it will ever surface?? That would be interesting 'cause I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.

The two songs that leaked from that version of Chinese Democracy sound pretty damn good. Have you heard the version of IRS and TWAT from that lineup? It sounds to me like fully mixed cuts, not a demo of each song. Both songs sound fucking great if you ask me.
Eric
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 07:19:54 PM »

Will be interesting to see if anyone sues for not receiving songwriting credit on a song-money involved-remember John Corabi sued Motley years back for work done on Genereation Swine-he only received a co-writing credit on one song
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: