Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  do you miss bucket?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you miss bucket?  (Read 2350 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« on: June 24, 2006, 08:25:47 AM »

well i do, i really miss his input on the songs, his guitar tone, he was just so melodic while soloing...don't get me wrong, ron is great, but bucket sounded so much better. i know ron is proving to be more of a gunner than BH, playing don't cry and awnsering every fan mail...
but bucket was so good i can't really forget the guy. i really hope he comes back one day. i actually miss his solos more than slash's!
your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWK99RS18JQ&search=nightrain%20buckethead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1trUaQ7VDk&search=nottingham%20lace

i don't think ron or anyone can top this...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:34:31 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 09:23:50 AM »

I love Bucket. Did before he was in GnR and still do but I dont miss him in Guns too much. His solos were cool but it seems like Guns was holding his ambitions back and (if the rumours are true) he was holding the other players back.

I miss his stage presence though. I have a soft spot for the "circus troupe" of 2002. Didnt feel like Guns N Roses but it did fucking cool all the same.

EDIT: Looking at those vids reminds me how fucking awesome he is. Fuck damn he plays well. And unlike Ron (who also plays damn good), he doesnt look constipated when he plays a solo (sorry dude had to say it).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 09:31:08 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:34:50 AM »

I love Bucket. Did before he was in GnR and still do but I dont miss him in Guns too much. His solos were cool but it seems like Guns was holding his ambitions back and (if the rumours are true) he was holding the other players back.

I miss his stage presence though. I have a soft spot for the "circus troupe" of 2002. Didnt feel like Guns N Roses but it did fucking cool all the same.

EDIT: Looking at those vids reminds me how fucking awesome he is. Fuck damn he plays well. And unlike Ron (who also plays damn good), he doesnt look constipated when he plays a solo (sorry dude had to say it).

Maybe he does but you can't see through the mask!

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 09:45:53 AM »

i also realize he didn't fit with the rest of the members and was problably holding gn'r back. but he was by far the most talented. he's something special.

i already saw ron twice with gn'r and i loved it, there is a life after bucket of course, but his playing is still missed in the solos...

Chinese Democracy!
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »

i really dont miss him, i didnt know him before gnr but when i saw him in gnr i didnt become a fan, hes a great guitar player but other than that i dont miss him, he just doesnt fit in the band
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 10:15:33 AM »

good musician, but since he left, guns have more cohesion and it's a real band, in my opinion.

(look at richard & robin, it says all)

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 12:52:48 PM »

personally, the solo on kohd in rock in rio 3 is The highlight!!!!!!! fuckin unbelievable,,,,so mooth n powerful!!!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 12:59:22 PM »

I don't miss him ..... i think the band like it is now ..is perfect..
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 10:23:38 PM »

Lots of people say he's the most talented. Talent goes beyond playing really fast. What nuGN'R tune did he help write other than his own parts? He ignored what key he was in, and added fills to all parts because, I think, he needed to for him to keep time. I don't think he was extremely talented, just fast. Miss him? Not live, but I hope he's on CD just b/c he balances Finck's super bluesy feel.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 03:44:49 AM »

Yeah I really loved Buckethead's style and his new spins on the old songs.  I do miss him although I think Ron will be able to fill the void as he gets more comfortable.  I'm happy that Buckethead was in GnR, his contributions to the new songs were great and I discovered his solo material and have seen him live with other acts since then.  I probably wouldn't have gotten into him if he hadn't been in GnR, but he is one of the most amazing and versatile guitarists I've ever heard so yes I do miss him.  His solo on Nightrain is still one of the sweetest things I've ever witnessed
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 04:07:46 AM »

Maybe he does but you can't see through the mask!

ha ha hihi

I can never miss something that really wasn't there
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: