Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Best Method for Commiting Suicide
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Method for Commiting Suicide  (Read 7167 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:02:26 AM »

Not that I am thinking of doing it, my life is going well, but theoretically, I would think the best  way would be a method whereby you go to sleep and not wake  up. I  am not into the blood and guts method. So I would think the best way would be to consume a bottle of prescription sleeping pills and then drink a quart or so of vodka. And listen to "Coma" in the process. That should  do the trick.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 01:08:01 AM »

Putting a hose on your tailpipe and putting it in your window, then taping it up to keep out the air.  Then just run your ignition until you go to sleep.  Seems like that wouldn't be too painful.   As for the drug overdose thing, just imagine how painful it's gonna be when your body first goes into shock.  Pretty much as painful as a gunshot that doesn't kill you immediately. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 02:00:01 AM »

harsh topic considering my best friends dad took his life less than 2 weeks ago Undecided

the best would to go to sleep peacefully, and not wake up.

damn, thought of death always bring me down
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 02:07:50 AM »

Putting a hose on your tailpipe and putting it in your window, then taping it up to keep out the air.  Then just run your ignition until you go to sleep.  Seems like that wouldn't be too painful.   As for the drug overdose thing, just imagine how painful it's gonna be when your body first goes into shock.  Pretty much as painful as a gunshot that doesn't kill you immediately. 

Like on Office Space. Incidentally, thats how my uncle did it  Embarrassed
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 02:15:18 AM »

Putting a hose on your tailpipe and putting it in your window, then taping it up to keep out the air.? Then just run your ignition until you go to sleep.? Seems like that wouldn't be too painful.? ?As for the drug overdose thing, just imagine how painful it's gonna be when your body first goes into shock.? Pretty much as painful as a gunshot that doesn't kill you immediately.?

Like on Office Space. Incidentally, thats how my uncle did it? Embarrassed

Sorry to hear that. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »

Not that I am thinking of doing it, my life is going well, but theoretically, I would think the best  way would be a method whereby you go to sleep and not wake  up. I  am not into the blood and guts method. So I would think the best way would be to consume a bottle of prescription sleeping pills and then drink a quart or so of vodka. And listen to "Coma" in the process. That should  do the trick.

All suicide is, is the situation where an emotional problem has become more  powerful than your skills at coping with that emotional problem.  Its just a pain/skill inbalance...and thats no reason to die.

Anyone thinking of doing it should realise they can get help from places like crisis lines, you can't cope now - but you can be helped to cope. And theres no shame in one human needing some help from another. Its not yet too late.

I know the original poster wasn't advocating killing oneself - but you never know who will read a post of that kind and get some ideas, so i thought i'd post a positive thought.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 09:57:12 AM by monkeychow » Logged
anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 05:19:49 AM »

well from what i know dont mix tablets use the same ones and dont take nurofen it dont work

godiva
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 06:24:13 AM »

Yikes! I'm worried about you now, Anythinggoes.

To be honest with you boys, this topic freaks me out a bit. At first I thought one of us was contemplating suicide. I have to side with Monkeychow on this one. Whatever your problems are, there must be another way out than the big way out. If you are suicidal, please talk to someone you trust, or call a helpline. I can assure you that your suicide will be the toughest thing for people around you to cope with. For the rest of their lives they will ask themselves 'what if I.....' questions. Death is not easy to deal with for anyone. If someone you love dies, you go through mourning and that can be hard enough as it is. But if this person took his / her own life, it will be even harder. Besides the mourning and the sadness, you will always feel guilt. Why didn't I notice? Maybe I could have stopped him somehow.....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 06:31:13 AM »

You could travel to Iraq as a peace worker - hot damn, thats virtually guarenteed to end badly

Quick! To the bandwagon!
anythinggoes
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 06:32:22 AM »

Yikes! I'm worried about you now, Anythinggoes.

To be honest with you boys, this topic freaks me out a bit. At first I thought one of us was contemplating suicide. I have to side with Monkeychow on this one. Whatever your problems are, there must be another way out than the big way out. If you are suicidal, please talk to someone you trust, or call a helpline. I can assure you that your suicide will be the toughest thing for people around you to cope with. For the rest of their lives they will ask themselves 'what if I.....' questions. Death is not easy to deal with for anyone. If someone you love dies, you go through mourning and that can be hard enough as it is. But if this person took his / her own life, it will be even harder. Besides the mourning and the sadness, you will always feel guilt. Why didn't I notice? Maybe I could have stopped him somehow.....

not my personal experience i hasten to add but someone i know thankfully they're over it now
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 06:42:52 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
godiva
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 06:41:00 AM »

Thank you for setting my mind at ease.

Maybe I'm a bit too serious about it, I don't know. The whole thought of suicide just scares me. I had students coming to talk to me over the years and I was shocked to see such young people seriously contemplating suicide. I listened to their troubles, mostly tough age, no friends, bullies, bad home situation etc. And I kept thinking, there are other ways to solve this! What if they decided to just pull the trigger without talking to somebody?

A good friend of the family had a daughter who committed suicide almost three years ago. He and his wife are still shattered, will never overcome that. She had just bought a house, moved in with her boyfriend, they went out one evening, had fun, she said she was tired and would go home a bit earlier. When the guy got home he found her note, not her yet. She had hung herself from the stairs with the dog collar. Gave me nightmares for weeks. I remember her father muttering 'if she had only come to me.......' At her funeral her mum stood by the casket talking to her daughter, saying 'come on, it's not funny anymore, just get up now'. Broke my heart.  Cry
Shirell
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 08:36:37 AM »

Best way to commit suicide?  Do not eat or drink or rest and just have continuous sex until you die from exhaustion!!!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »

the way the guy from inxs went.
-MEGAMANIAC-
Opening Act

-666-

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 09:08:02 AM »

Shoot yourself in the head while standing in deep water!
If the wound does'nt kill you, the water will, when you drown.

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 09:13:56 AM »

carbon monoxide poisoning....just fall asleep...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »

Probably the slowest, and painful self induced death would be reading the dead horse section...............
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 11:56:59 AM »

As to the original post - overdosing on medicine is one of the worst ways apparently. There is a high chance of failure because someone might find you and pump your stomach (leading to an extremely painful recuperation period) or worse you dont take enough and each of your vital organs slowly shuts down causing extreme pain.

Swallowing anything lethal is a bad way to go.

The carbon minoxide way is probably the least painful, though I doubt youd feel much if you shot yourself if jumped.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 12:06:06 PM »

I don't think there is a best way. But I'm sure the worst is jumping off a tall building. You have time to change your mind mid way down.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
VIP

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 01:52:27 PM »

get someone to do it for you.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 02:04:32 PM »

get someone to do it for you.

"Will you kill myself for me?".  rofl

Anyhow to share a story, I worked in a prison during my time in the service and I actually witnessed two suicides.  Let me just tell you.....hanging yourself isn't the way to go.  Not by a longshot.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: