Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: No GN'R Reunion, No Reply To Christmas Cards, So Onward With Velvet Revol
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: No GN'R Reunion, No Reply To Christmas Cards, So Onward With Velvet Revol  (Read 11738 times)
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »

I too remember reading an interview from Slash and he said it was Perla that sent the christmas cards to Axl. I somehow think this all got turned around.

As for the rumours, well they were just that, rumours.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

I too remember reading an interview from Slash and he said it was Perla that sent the christmas cards to Axl. I somehow think this all got turned around.

And what, is the significance of that? It's not like Perla would send cards to someone, without her husband's permission, especially Axl. I suppose it isn't a significant gesture unless he doesn't do it himself, eh? Maybe he should take a break from writing material for the new album and start sending cards to everybody?  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:04 AM »

Bad news no reunion on the forefront, great news that a new album is on its way. ?I wish Axl and Slash would do the right thing and make up and make music. ?They both must have some amicable feelings toards each other. ?They must have some good memories they can share. ?

I think Libertad will be better than Contraband, and we don't have that much longer to wait for it! ?It would be cool if VR and NEW GNR released albums at the same time, but I think that is highly unlikely. ?It would be good for rock music though.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »

it appears Axl really couldn't give 2 fucks about his old band members. I would say friends, but i don't think they mean that much to him. I sure hope VR produce a good 2nd album and while Chinese Democracy is sounding interesting from the leaks, i'll probably download it rather then buy it, just out of principle? Grin

I'll download it too - I dont feel like Axl Rose should get any more of my money. Anyways, we've heard a load of the songs off CD already - and to these ears, they dont sound too hot with the exception of TWAT. 8 years plus to write Rhiad and Chi Dem etc - jeez.

CD cant be that amazing if its taking so long to make, it just shows, to me, that Axl either hasnt got the ability to write songs without Izzy etc, his band arent good enough, or that he isnt comfortable with his material. Or he's just nuts and/or lazy. We'll probaly see loads of 'Co-written with Bernie Taupin' credits - lol......

'Once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the street. Time went by and it became a joke' - that lyric sums it up for me.

Roll on Libertad - I bet its gonna be great, especially if Scott can write some decent lyrics this time round. There were some turkeys on Contraband thats for sure. Some good ol ripping solos from the Slashster would be ace too.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »

I wonder what Slash wrote on the xmas card

Hey Axl best wishes, merry xmas , happy new year and I hope my lawyer kicks your ass

I find it odd that Axl never answered it
what a jerk, we should kick his ass
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 07:50:37 PM by NiGhTrAiN? » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2006, 01:59:17 PM »

it baffles me as to why this isnt on the main page listed as news, but GNR being mentioned on Talking Metal Podcast was a headliner.  I am quite certain there were at least some GNR mentions in this article. 
that girl
Opening Act

so bittersweet this tragedy....

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »

Great to hear Slash so excited about the new album! Grin

Hopefully it IS out by the end of the year...

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2006, 02:58:10 PM »

it appears Axl really couldn't give 2 fucks about his old band members. I would say friends, but i don't think they mean that much to him. I sure hope VR produce a good 2nd album and while Chinese Democracy is sounding interesting from the leaks, i'll probably download it rather then buy it, just out of principle  Grin

I'll download it too - I dont feel like Axl Rose should get any more of my money. Anyways, we've heard a load of the songs off CD already - and to these ears, they dont sound too hot with the exception of TWAT. 8 years plus to write Rhiad and Chi Dem etc - jeez.

CD cant be that amazing if its taking so long to make, it just shows, to me, that Axl either hasnt got the ability to write songs without Izzy etc, his band arent good enough, or that he isnt comfortable with his material. Or he's just nuts and/or lazy. We'll probaly see loads of 'Co-written with Bernie Taupin' credits - lol......

'Once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the street. Time went by and it became a joke' - that lyric sums it up for me.

Roll on Libertad - I bet its gonna be great, especially if Scott can write some decent lyrics this time round. There were some turkeys on Contraband thats for sure. Some good ol ripping solos from the Slashster would be ace too.

CD will probably come with a book as thick as the bible containing the credits  hihi
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2006, 03:40:06 PM »

5 pages for guitarists at least!

And another 20 pages for Pittman's contributions, lol - or maybe just 'we left the phone off the hook and recorded those noises instead'.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 10:19:35 PM »

For the past year or so I haven't really thought about VR that much, but articles like this get me pumped for the album to come out.  I guess they're sticking with "Libertad" as the title, which is fine with me.

I have a feeling this CD will be the band's "Purple" (Contraband being Core).
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:27 PM »

I hope there isn't a reunion.  I know you can't believe what the band members say.  But I think the best thing for both bands is to get our their new cd's, tour and rival each other.  It would be great for rock to have two awesome bands just kicking ass, and it would also be the biggest compliment to the GNR/VR fans to know that the best bands in the world are derived from Guns N' Roses.  In the 80's you had GNR, Metallica, Motley Crue ... in the 90's you had nothing.  Now theres alot of potential with having VR and GNR, so the best thing for both bands is no re union, just continue to kick ass on there own, and maybe even tour one day, Id definitly be the first online for a GNR/VR tour.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 11:25:23 PM »

it appears Axl really couldn't give 2 fucks about his old band members. I would say friends, but i don't think they mean that much to him. I sure hope VR produce a good 2nd album and while Chinese Democracy is sounding interesting from the leaks, i'll probably download it rather then buy it, just out of principle  Grin
well then you are just an asshole. 

Why would Axl send christmas cards to someone who had 2 lawsuits against him at the time  Huh
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 01:18:14 AM »

8 years plus to write Rhiad and Chi Dem etc - jeez.

Those songs were written some time between 1998 and 2000.  Nice math
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 01:26:22 AM »

Slash is still the man.  Cool I just wish Axl could move on and forget all that shit, it just makes life harder, oh well Slash will keep rockin' with whoever he is with, but I thought he left VR? or did he return? I wasn't sure.

I hear ya. We've heard most of Chinese Democracy and the songs we've heard have been pretty good but if the rest of the songs aren't amazing there's a good chance VR could put out a better record which would be funny because they finished it in a year or so as opposed to 8yrs.

I can't stop listening to 'Better' its a great song but I don't think it will have the commercial success that Slither had. The average rock fan is not going to go gaga over it like they did for jungle, sweet child. paradise city and even slither which is still being covered by top 40 cover bands.  I think VR has a better chance at creating timeless songs because they're a more cohesive unit. Axl is amazing but I don't trust the other guys to create hit rock songs just yet.

The biggest problem for the new GnR isn't the band itself but the reputation that Axl has carved out for himself or been unfairly given. Not to run off topic here, but I think there are alot of people out there who have made up their mind about Axl before hearing any of the music. That prejudice alone could sink the record.

I really hope Libertad is not about Bush b/c Weiland's wacky politico ramblings should not be packaged up for the public to digest; in fact, they should be buried in the most expediant method possible. My advice to VR: dont' lose focus with garbled messages, stick your bread and butter.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 01:46:45 AM »

The biggest problem for the new GnR isn't the band itself but the reputation that Axl has carved out for himself or been unfairly given. Not to run off topic here, but I think there are alot of people out there who have made up their mind about Axl before hearing any of the music. That prejudice alone could sink the record.

I'll give you 10:1 odds that if he wasn't calling the band GNR that the situation you described above would not be nearly as bad as it is. But he knew that going in and it comes with the territory. I actually think some of the material is strong enough it would be getting across the board praise if there wasn't that entire sideshow going on about the name. As a stand-alone band they are great when compared to today's music environment, but instead he is being judged against arguably the best band to hit rock scene in the past 25 years (original GNR), and arguably the best album (appetite) because of the name. Those are impossible odds for any new band making a debut record. The comparrisons would have been there regardless, but not to the degree he is/will see whenever he releases his album.

I really hope Libertad is not about Bush b/c Weiland's wacky politico ramblings should not be packaged up for the public to digest; in fact, they should be buried in the most expediant method possible. My advice to VR: dont' lose focus with garbled messages, stick your bread and butter.

I agree whole heartedly. Beside the fact I don't want to hear about it, nothing dates an album quicker or makes it irrelevant like ranting about a stationary moment in time like the war or any current political situation.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 01:55:35 AM »

I'll give you 10:1 odds that if he wasn't calling the band GNR that the situation you described above would not be nearly as bad as it is. But he knew that going in and it comes with the territory. I actually think some of the material is strong enough it would be getting across the board praise if there wasn't that entire sideshow going on about the name. As a stand-alone band they are great when compared to today's music environment, but instead he is being judged against arguably the best band to hit rock scene in the past 25 years (original GNR), and arguably the best album (appetite) because of the name. Those are impossible odds for any new band making a debut record. The comparrisons would have been there regardless, but not to the degree he is/will see whenever he releases his album.

Its not really a debut tho.  Its the follow up to the Illusion albums, just some members replaced.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006, 02:14:28 AM »

Its not really a debut tho.? Its the follow up to the Illusion albums, just some members replaced.

just some, you mean the lead guitar player and bass player the only two original members that were left..  hihi That would be like saying jimmy page left zepplin
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2006, 02:19:16 AM »

And what, is the significance of that? It's not like Perla would send cards to someone, without her husband's permission, especially Axl. I suppose it isn't a significant gesture unless he doesn't do it himself, eh? Maybe he should take a break from writing material for the new album and start sending cards to everybody?  Wink

How do you know that Perla would not send a Christmas card to Axl without Slash's permission? Perla seems to me like she has a very strong personality. I doubt that Slash could stop his wife from doing anything that she really wanted to do.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2006, 03:32:24 AM »

And what, is the significance of that? It's not like Perla would send cards to someone, without her husband's permission, especially Axl. I suppose it isn't a significant gesture unless he doesn't do it himself, eh? Maybe he should take a break from writing material for the new album and start sending cards to everybody?? Wink

How do you know that Perla would not send a Christmas card to Axl without Slash's permission? Perla seems to me like she has a very strong personality. I doubt that Slash could stop his wife from doing anything that she really wanted to do.

well having never known axl I doubt she would send xmas cards out without his permission... he would have had to at least mention it to her..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2006, 03:47:40 AM »

that's my dream, time should heal everything... They might not agree business wise, but that's what happens when you continue something that was so big with other people while still using old material/...

I would love to see them be friends at least and play something, maybe like a page plant type thing
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: