Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There is No Plan
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: There is No Plan  (Read 9697 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 22, 2006, 11:55:16 PM »

I figured Id write this post to hopefully maybe reach one person.  Ive loved Guns N' Roses since about the time I can first remember anything and gone through years of faithful worship of them.  In 8th grade I was pumped cause i knew the new album would be coming out that year, now im in my 2nd year of law school.  The fact is there is no plan and the fans especially should wake up and realize this.  Axl is not some genius mastermind who has laid out 1,000's of domino's and at the right time will knock one over and all will fall into place.  Axl is a rockstar, he makes rock music, hes a person who does not even have a college education.  He isnt a genius, at least outside of music.    People on these boards seem to still believe he is brilliant, but hes not.  He is just a person who makes music, except he doesnt make music.  Seriously, do people realize that most of the songs that GNR has ever released were written/performed before Appetite even came out.  I mean listen to Dont Cry from the Roxy, it sounds the exact same as what is put on UYI.  THat means in 20 years Axl has released 5-10 new songs?  This isnt a plan, but insanity.  If Axl really got off heroin in the mid 80's maybe he should go back on it, because it seems the only song writing took place during that time. 
       The new songs sound good.  But seriously, try playing them for non-GNR fans, let alone people who already think GNR is a washed out Hair metal band that broke up that has a fat, braided, mid 40's lead singer who was a dick to metallica 14 years ago.  The album wont sell that many copies, it will do about as well as the Greatest Hits cd, because its going to be bought by the same audience.  People may be interested in it, but those people will just download the music.  I mean seriously, do you think Axl today will appeal to the adolescent's that he did back in the late 80's early 90's.  If you say yes to this question youre just a superfan.  No 12 year old boy wants to be Axl today.  Why would they?  He's red haired with braids who gets punched by a 50 year old Tommy Hilfiger.  He's not some early 20's guy living it up carelessly.  MTV/VH1 wont promote it longer than a day, and if GNR is lucky their videos will be played a few times on MTV2.  As a live act GNR today is depressing.  1/2 the band doesnt care and the other half are one step above VH1's Super Group.  I mean look at Brain, he doesnt need 3 weeks to be with his wife, he just doesnt care that much about doing the shows.
       The fact is there has never been a plan other than, "Lets get a band together and release the album".  Thats the plan and Axl has failed miserably at it.  Forget that youre all superfans for a second and take a step back.  ITs pretty funny to think about.  I mean, read the posts here for 10 minutes, they all start with, "I wonder if Axl is planning..."  He isnt planning anything if you havent realized that youre blind.  He has never been planning anything.  That is probably one quality/vice that made most of us fall in love with GNR, that there was no plan.  You didnt know if theyd show up, if theyd break up, or if theyd put on the greatest show of all time.  It is the same way today, but just without the fun, hell its even the same music.  I remember a quote axl said i think in the spin interview in 99(?) it was something like, "it could all end today and id be happy because i have the music we put out."  I think thats how we all should feel.  GNR will never "rule the world" again, but you can still go to youtube.com and see the shows where they did.  We all have AFD and can play it till the lens on our cd players burn out.
      In conclusion this was a rant, but there is no plan.  Axl is no genius.  GNR will never regain its status.  A reuniun would be sad.  Rockers shoudl be like athletes and retire, because when they hold on too long you see them as the mortals they are.  Right now Axl is a few years older than JOrdan was when he played for the Wizards.  Jim Brown and Barry Sanders retired in their primes, but that doesnt mean they should have came back at 44.  Just because Axl sat out much of his prime doesnt mean that he isnt 44, he's 44 and his album will be treated by the mainstream like he is 44.  If there ever was a plan it failed.  yeah we will all like the new album, but its just because we've been deprived so long.  The people who havent noticed GNR's absence, probably wont notice the come back either.

EFISH
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:01:50 AM »

why the negativity?
and your wrong IMO..

you said he wont rule the world again, well ill give you that. thats obvious.

but, saying he doesnt know what hes doing, were nver gonna see CD, half the band doesnt care about the shows (c'mon theyve been in the band for a couple of years now and all they did was record in the studio, theyve got to LOVE being on stage.. and it seems as every gnr member that contacts the fans are expecting the album to drop late fall, like axl said.)

so anyway, i dont feel like re-reading your post, but gnr is better than ever.. so just wait for september, CD is going to kick our ass'es.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 12:07:24 AM »

Ok...NEXT!

RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:11:51 AM »

Wha, wha, wha  crying crying crying
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 01:16:54 AM »

Someone call the whaaaaaaaaaaambulance!  hihi
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 01:19:12 AM »

why the negativity?
and your wrong IMO..

you said he wont rule the world again, well ill give you that. thats obvious.

but, saying he doesnt know what hes doing, were nver gonna see CD, half the band doesnt care about the shows (c'mon theyve been in the band for a couple of years now and all they did was record in the studio, theyve got to LOVE being on stage.. and it seems as every gnr member that contacts the fans are expecting the album to drop late fall, like axl said.)

so anyway, i dont feel like re-reading your post, but gnr is better than ever.. so just wait for september, CD is going to kick our ass'es.

never said we wont see the cd. ?If you can say with any certainty that itll be out this year then youre crazy, how many quotes from axl and the band can we get with them all saying itll be out "this year". ?Those quotes are meaningless. ?Also, studio musicians being paid to record with Axl does not mean they love being in GNR. ?Also every member in the band has done side projects that have actually produced material. ?This new material is more popular than it would be if it wasnt for the fact that GNR superfans supported it. ?Seriously, if theres some big plan, explain it to me. ?Axl isnt god so dont use the, "itll all be revealed in time" phrase. ?The plan was to release a new cd. ?Axl obviously cant write music and hasnt been able to since 1985. ?Yes, pre-1985 he wrote some amazing songs, AFD, November Rain, Dont Cry and a bunch of other tracks on UYI, but since then he is averaging maybe 1 song a year. ?It is rock music, its not that complex. ?Listen to Rhiads and the Bedouins, ?half the lyrics are OOHHHH. ?It would be a decent song if he sat outside of a 7th grade girls lockerroom and wrote down the garbage that came out of their mouths. ? Like it or not this is not all apart of some grand plan. ?This is a mess and somewhat of a tragedy. ?Out of all the new tracks ive heard Oh My God is in the top 2 or 3, and that song got dismissed by the mainstream immediately. ?All I hope for is to hear one more album, have one more US tour and for maybe a brief reuniun when they are eligible for the Rock hall of fame. ?That is a reasonable hope. Oh and GNR better than ever? ?watch/listen to Ritz 88 and then watch/listen to the new shows, ?It depresses me. ?Also the new "raspy" voice isnt something axl is purposefully doing, its what hes forced to do. ?And that is the point there is no plan, everything is reactionary.
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 01:22:00 AM »

1. It will come out.
2. Axl's true fans will love it.
3. Mother fuck everyone/everything else wih a chainsaw, muthafucka!
Brody
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 01:26:22 AM »

wow! thanks for pointing this out for all of us!! Your Cool!  ok Its not about gnr regaining the status that they once had!! Its about the return of axl rose.. I could care less if he only sold 100 albums as long as i get it!

ps.. i played Better for a friend that is not in to gnr at all and he's now obsessed with that song..
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 01:33:56 AM »

Nothing like a woman comparing Ax to Michael Jordan...huh...and Axl was about to kill Tom Hillfigger until that bouncer got in the way...Guns will be huge again...Axl will sell out venues and every city and the new album will shoot to number one becuase the only other crap people are buying is TOOL and they are a homo excuse for a band!
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:35:26 AM »

I figured Id write this post to hopefully maybe reach one person.  Ive loved Guns N' Roses since about the time I can first remember anything and gone through years of faithful worship of them.  In 8th grade I was pumped cause i knew the new album would be coming out that year, now im in my 2nd year of law school.  The fact is there is no plan and the fans especially should wake up and realize this.  Axl is not some genius mastermind who has laid out 1,000's of domino's and at the right time will knock one over and all will fall into place.  Axl is a rockstar, he makes rock music, hes a person who does not even have a college education.  He isnt a genius, at least outside of music.    People on these boards seem to still believe he is brilliant, but hes not.  He is just a person who makes music, except he doesnt make music.  Seriously, do people realize that most of the songs that GNR has ever released were written/performed before Appetite even came out.  I mean listen to Dont Cry from the Roxy, it sounds the exact same as what is put on UYI.  THat means in 20 years Axl has released 5-10 new songs?  This isnt a plan, but insanity.  If Axl really got off heroin in the mid 80's maybe he should go back on it, because it seems the only song writing took place during that time. 
       The new songs sound good.  But seriously, try playing them for non-GNR fans, let alone people who already think GNR is a washed out Hair metal band that broke up that has a fat, braided, mid 40's lead singer who was a dick to metallica 14 years ago.  The album wont sell that many copies, it will do about as well as the Greatest Hits cd, because its going to be bought by the same audience.  People may be interested in it, but those people will just download the music.  I mean seriously, do you think Axl today will appeal to the adolescent's that he did back in the late 80's early 90's.  If you say yes to this question youre just a superfan.  No 12 year old boy wants to be Axl today.  Why would they?  He's red haired with braids who gets punched by a 50 year old Tommy Hilfiger.  He's not some early 20's guy living it up carelessly.  MTV/VH1 wont promote it longer than a day, and if GNR is lucky their videos will be played a few times on MTV2.  As a live act GNR today is depressing.  1/2 the band doesnt care and the other half are one step above VH1's Super Group.  I mean look at Brain, he doesnt need 3 weeks to be with his wife, he just doesnt care that much about doing the shows.
       The fact is there has never been a plan other than, "Lets get a band together and release the album".  Thats the plan and Axl has failed miserably at it.  Forget that youre all superfans for a second and take a step back.  ITs pretty funny to think about.  I mean, read the posts here for 10 minutes, they all start with, "I wonder if Axl is planning..."  He isnt planning anything if you havent realized that youre blind.  He has never been planning anything.  That is probably one quality/vice that made most of us fall in love with GNR, that there was no plan.  You didnt know if theyd show up, if theyd break up, or if theyd put on the greatest show of all time.  It is the same way today, but just without the fun, hell its even the same music.  I remember a quote axl said i think in the spin interview in 99(?) it was something like, "it could all end today and id be happy because i have the music we put out."  I think thats how we all should feel.  GNR will never "rule the world" again, but you can still go to youtube.com and see the shows where they did.  We all have AFD and can play it till the lens on our cd players burn out.
      In conclusion this was a rant, but there is no plan.  Axl is no genius.  GNR will never regain its status.  A reuniun would be sad.  Rockers shoudl be like athletes and retire, because when they hold on too long you see them as the mortals they are.  Right now Axl is a few years older than JOrdan was when he played for the Wizards.  Jim Brown and Barry Sanders retired in their primes, but that doesnt mean they should have came back at 44.  Just because Axl sat out much of his prime doesnt mean that he isnt 44, he's 44 and his album will be treated by the mainstream like he is 44.  If there ever was a plan it failed.  yeah we will all like the new album, but its just because we've been deprived so long.  The people who havent noticed GNR's absence, probably wont notice the come back either.

your post is dumb and pointless.  like your life.  get a point, a clue and a life
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 01:36:48 AM »

Wha, wha, wha? crying crying crying

Yeah, very intellectual comment. ?Its not crying about anything. ?Its saying that people should be happy with what we have and realize that it is just rock music and that its not a chess game. ?You can be a sheep and when the album comes out and sells 2 million copies in the US and when most US shows dont sell out you can make up 1,000 excuses, but the truth is and what no one mentions ont his board is that Axl blew it. ?Axl is crazy, and there is crazy good and crazy bad, he was crazy good and now its just crazy bad. ?Its sad because this reincarnation will always taint Axl and GNR in the mainstream. ?

Oh and for brody
1. Awesome one person liked the best of the new songs. ?Also cool that they already have the song, this will guarantee they wont buy the new album.
2. ?If you read what I said I said the album would come out, but seriously who knows when?
3. ?I pretty much said what you said, we should all be happy if we get the album, but dont expect it to be amazing.
4. ?You really didnt read what I wrote did you, because what you said that i guess was supposed to disagree with me actually had nothing to do what I was talking about. ?My point was there is no plan. ?Hell id love to have the new cd as much as anyone, hell i already have most of it and i love the new songs, but the whole point wasnt to have a GNR will be awesome vs. I like old gnr thread, but rather to point out that there "IS NO PLAN". ?This is all reactionary. ?In 1993 I guarantee Axl would have laughed if you would have said he wouldnt have released a new album by 2006. ?In 2000, I bet he would have laughed too. ?

Oh and it would be nice if Axl attacked something with a chainsaw. ?Id love it, but he wont. ?I mean Jackyl did it at woodstock which is hilarious, but Axl is passive now. ?No longer are the rumors of drug abuse and wild sex parties, but rather about bad hair transplants and being punched by Tommy Hilfiger. ?Hes in his 40's, ?no one wants to live vicariously through Axl now, they wanna live vicariously through Axl during the AFD days. ?No 12 year old kid is going to relate to the new material, it doesnt even have the same attitude. ?AFD= Fuck the system, i get women, i have crazy friends and insane adventures. ?New Material=Some woman or something has done me wrong. ?A few songs like that are fine, but everyone thats come out has been that way.
Brody
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 01:43:34 AM »

no offense dude... but why are you posting this.. we get posts like this everyday.. We have heard this a thousand times!! are you changing anyones mind? NO!
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 01:44:04 AM »

Whatever dude.

Work on a sequel to Moby Dick and we'll PM you when the album's out. ?peace
Brody
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 01:45:26 AM »

Whatever dude.

Work on a sequel to Moby Dick and we'll PM you when the album's out.  peace

better yet.. make a new matrix movie!
Gordi
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 01:47:42 AM »

Plan or not, I for one enjoy the music. Simply put. I listen to Bob Dylan's new stuff, David Gimlour's new stuff and Johnny Cash later music. I don't 'live vicariously' through them. Whether they're 20 years old or 88 years old. To use a cliche: it's all about the music. And that's it for me. I couldn't care less what he's doing these days, I enjoy the music and that is that.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 01:57:12 AM »

It is rock music, its not that complex.....

Really smartass, love to hear what you have!, man some people are so fucking dumb!

Especially when you clearly state what your carreer will be, you really lose credibility as far as I am concerned.Though I gotta love those who think they know it all!.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Gordi
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 02:01:04 AM »

Can't be bothered reading that again, what did he say his career will be?  Huh
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 02:01:49 AM »

I already forgot.lol  Cool

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Gordi
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 02:02:28 AM »

Ah well not that important I guess  hihi
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 02:03:54 AM »

oh law school.lol if I were him I give up cause well frankly I seriously hope your not a trial lawyer.lol

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: