Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  This kind of stuff is waht worries me!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This kind of stuff is waht worries me!  (Read 7770 times)
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: June 22, 2006, 07:12:20 PM »

Ok,
     So I am at work today, and this kid walks up to the counter wearing an old gnr shirt. So I say to him, "are you a fan, or just wearing the shirt?" He said he likes some of the music but thinks axl is a dick for using the name with out the band. I tell him that there are new songs, and he says "you mean axl is going solo?" This is my point, the people on these boards love axl, but the general public, thats who needs to buy into this again. How do you even promote this tour in the usa? Do you guys remember when motley crue toured. (I dont care if you like these other bands or not, we are not disussing them) Or, I have been seeing poison and cinderella on tour this year. The ads day, so and so is back! You cant say guns & roses are back. You can say axl is back, but Richard fortus is bacK? He was never here to begin with. He, along with other guys are on tour covering slash, duff, izzy, adler, and matts parts with a few new songs. This album needs to come out before any usa tour, if axl does not let the new band get associated with TWAT, IRS, BETTER, CITR or what ever songs are going to be on this album, I fear 2002 all over again. Moyley Crue can go years with out touring, but when they do, you know the guys on stage. Trust me, i have seen my share of gnr concerts, and they always fucked around on stage, but NO-ONE ever booed slash during a solo, because he earned our respect. This new bunch cant earn respect showing me they can play slash's music! Please do not start touring the USA with same setlist. All the true fans seen it in 2002, me included! Release the damn album, let some time go buy for the public to know the songs, then tour. And please, no one on this board say" they toured the UYI albums before they were out" That was the old band, they already had afd. We loved them no matter what.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:15:42 PM »

Ok,
? ? ?So I am at work today, and this kid walks up to the counter wearing an old gnr shirt. So I say to him, "are you a fan, or just wearing the shirt?" He said he likes some of the music but thinks axl is a dick for using the name with out the band
dont worry, its just "Da_Pope". and im sure CD will be released before the US tour starts.... i hope.
Death Cube K
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:15:56 PM »

Wow, you have come up with soooo many new points  ok
flickn
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »

after reading this , I totally agree with you america needs tohear the album to give the newmembers somekind of credential's
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 07:22:53 PM »

And this weeks originality post winner goes too..........

*drumroll please*

.......freddiebrph !!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!! ? ?You win an all expense paid trip to Dead Horse!!!! ?While there, you can spend your vacation time talking about old topics!! As an added bonus, you can enter the drawing to be the one thousandth poster to bring up the same old subject! ?Good Luck and Have fun!!!! Smiley

Axl is God.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 07:26:08 PM »

global warming worries me. what i'm having for tea worries me. the crusty stuff between my toes worries me.

this? well, this bores me.
Death Cube K
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »

Im very worried that this bores you.  hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

I just think the album needs to come out so we can all see what happens.. That would be quite interesting..
Death Cube K
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

I just think the album needs to come out so we can all see what happens.. That would be quite interesting..

I predict everyone will buy it. Doesnt matter if they like GNR or not..new or old band. They will buy it and later they can talk all the shit in the world about it, but they still bought it. Sort of like here...some dont like the band but they still post like mad...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »

I just want to hear it and see how it does on the charts.. I think it'll debut number one for sure, but will it linger like GH's or drop fast ,will we get a single soon, will there be a video , will mtv have a day dedicated to gnr, etc..
Death Cube K
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 07:38:31 PM »

will mtv have a day dedicated to gnr

Since when did we go back to 1991?  hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 07:39:33 PM »

will mtv have a day dedicated to gnr

Since when did we go back to 1991?? hihi

when a famous group makes a comeback or releases new music mtv 2 or shit has a day of videos to pump up the single or release.. i see it all the time these days
Death Cube K
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »

mtv 2

You know, it doesnt really bother me what they do about MTV or not
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »

Notice how you said "This kid" comes up to you. ?Once again like Frozen_Inferno put it, you have some da_pope 14 year old trying to say "Oh man it's a shame it's not like the old days anymore." ?What fucking old days? ?That kid probably got that shirt at hot topic because they were all sold out of HIM shirts. ?

And yeah don't even bring MTV into anything............MTV doesn't classify as music television anymore. ?Unless Axl is going to a high school prom in Laguna Beach to bang some stuck up skank who's daddy bought her a $60,000 car for just getting a D+ on her math gest.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 07:41:23 PM »

And this weeks originality post winner goes too..........

*drumroll please*

.......freddiebrph !!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!! ? ?You win an all expense paid trip to Dead Horse!!!! ?While there, you can spend your vacation time talking about old topics!! As an added bonus, you can enter the drawing to be the one thousandth poster to bring up the same old subject! ?Good Luck and Have fun!!!! Smiley

How is this an old topic? Do read these boards? Every topic is old:

1) axls clothes
2) axls weight
3) slash sucks
4)slash is god
5) set list

This is a GNR forum, when something happens to the band or one of us has an experience about gnr, we share it and try to discuss it. I was just saying it was odd to hear someone diss my favorite lead singer, then give those reasons, thats all. Nothing really knew has happened since the New York shows, so we should never post a topic till there is something new?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 07:42:13 PM »

Us fans have to deal with a lot of ignorance about GnR.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »

mtv 2

I think mtv is key for the younger demographic

Bill gnr is trendy like an ac/dc shirt, same shit it's just style now, it's like bob marley, hendrix, che etc
Death Cube K
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 07:43:25 PM »

That kid probably got that shirt at hot topic because they were all sold out of HIM shirts. ?

He propably picked up on the "he shouldnt use the name" thing from someone else or some magazine or something. It's usually like that.

They just adopt other people opinion on to themselves when they lack information.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 07:45:29 PM »

this is an old topic as its asking how will people react to the new band and questioning if they'll ever accept slash not being there.

it is part of the ten commandments of dead horse. right up there with slash vs buckethead debates and novmber rain vs the blues.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 07:45:43 PM »

mtv 2

I think mtv is key for the younger demographic

Bill gnr is trendy like an ac/dc shirt, same shit it's just style now, it's like bob marley, hendrix, che etc

Haha yeah man I walked into JC Pennys the other day and it was like a giant buffet of trendy clothes with band names on them. I especially loathed the Rolling Stones 77 tour shirt (pre-faded ripped and worn).

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: