Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want  (Read 73197 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »

Excuse me?? You've been spending too much time with LoDuca gambling on animals and picking up teenagers, I think!

I wish.

You would take Pedro over Clemens?  I'm not so sure I would. Pettitte is pretty solid in playoffs, pal. I would'nt discount him so fast. Oswalt is better than any pitcher on either staff. Yes even Pedro, because Oswalt can pitch into the 8th inning if necessary. With Sanchez out, Pedro's lack of durability is gonna kill you guys even more.

Pettitte's playoff numbers are about the same as his career numbers... good, not great.  Except he's not good this year.  I like Oswalt too, but with the way Brad Lidge has been pitching, he'll need to go 9 innings, not 8.  And, yes, losing Sanchez sucked balls, but having El Duque available out of the pen in the playoffs will more than compensate.  Fuck Clemens, Pedro is God.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:28 PM »

Fuck Clemens, Pedro is God.

Maybe 7 years ago pal.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2006, 02:54:30 PM »

Alright, so the yankees regain their 3 game division lead with a comeback win over Baltimore. They win 6-3.

The tigers edge the sox by a score of 3-2. The 5 game series in boston starts in 2 days. I'm so pumped for it.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »

Alright, so the yankees regain their 3 game division lead with a comeback win over Baltimore. They win 6-3.

The tigers edge the sox by a score of 3-2. The 5 game series in boston starts in 2 days. I'm so pumped for it.

I think the time is right and the Red Sox are reeling, and Boston is ripe for a good ole' fashioned butt-whomping!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2006, 04:59:43 PM »

I think the time is right and the Red Sox are reeling, and Boston is ripe for a good ole' fashioned butt-whomping!

Yep. I've looked at the pitching match-ups and we have Randy Johnson going aganist Josh Beckett and Mike Mussina going aganist Curt Schilling this Saturday and Sunday. So far, I have a lot of confidence about this series.

However, on Friday's night game, game 2 of the double-header, it looks like Sidney Ponson will be the starter that day.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2006, 01:35:43 AM »

Damn, the Dodgers have lost two of their last nineteen.  crying
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2006, 07:34:56 AM »

Yep. I've looked at the pitching match-ups and we have Randy Johnson going aganist Josh Beckett and Mike Mussina going aganist Curt Schilling this Saturday and Sunday. So far, I have a lot of confidence about this series.

However, on Friday's night game, game 2 of the double-header, it looks like Sidney Ponson will be the starter that day.

It's gonna be a tough series for the Yanks, I think.  I'm just hoping they come out of it with their lead (2 games, now) intact.  If they could extend it by a game I'd be psyched.

The problem is....the bullpen.  Playing that many games, in that many days, is going to be a strain on them.  They've been excellent, of late, but they've also been getting a lot of work.  And the Red Sox have today off, so their bullpen is going to get a bit of a rest, giving them a slight advantage in that department.

I'm hoping the Yanks can take 3 out of the 5.  I'd be OK with them taking 2 of 5 (which would at least leave them with a 1 game lead coming out of the series).  Anything more than 3 out of 5 and I think you can pretty much call the AL East Race, especially if the Yanks win tonight in Baltimore.  They'd be, with 4 out of 5, 5.5 games in front, with the toughest part of their schedule mostly behind them.  Remember, after the Yanks finish up this tough stretch (21 games in 20 days...against some of the best teams in baseball), they get the "easier" (as far as records go) stretch to end the season, while the Red Sox schedule actually gets a LOT tougher.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks, that's for sure.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2006, 09:10:12 AM »

the abreu trade was big for the yanks. i've been watching their games this week (i'm staying in NY for work). the top of their order was already smart and patient (they take alot of pitches). and abreu takes more than anybody. that gives them a huge advantage since opposing teams will have to depend on their bullpen (opposing starters will rarely make it past the 6th).

and that advantage becomes even bigger in a long series. i think the yanks win at least 3 vs. boston.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2006, 11:40:42 AM »

the abreu trade was big for the yanks. i've been watching their games this week (i'm staying in NY for work). the top of their order was already smart and patient (they take alot of pitches). and abreu takes more than anybody. that gives them a huge advantage since opposing teams will have to depend on their bullpen (opposing starters will rarely make it past the 6th).

and that advantage becomes even bigger in a long series. i think the yanks win at least 3 vs. boston.

After the way they played yeterday vs Baltimore, I'm hoping they manage to pull out one!  That game was just a debacle in every sense of the word.  And so much for protecting the bullpen for a day so they could get a break before the Boston series.  They blew every bullet they had (with the exception of Proctor, Farnsworth and Mo)...which, for today's game, with Wang's penchant for going deep into games, might be OK.  But for tonight's game?  I'd be telling the position players on the Bench to prep to throw an inning or two tonight, especially with Ponson starting.

You know, everyone has been talking about how Boston has been realing of late.  The Yanks haven't been any prize (granted, against better competition than KC and TB) of late , either.  They're 4 and 6 over thier last 10.  I think the Sox are about the same.

One thing's for sure, it's gonna be a great weekend of baseball.

Together again,
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2006, 12:06:44 PM »

Yes, the yankees did play poorly aganist Baltimore. But, you have to remember that after the yankees lost 19-1 on July 4th, that that's when they went on a tear winning all these games to get the division lead.

Anything's possible...

I still say the yanks win 3 of 5 in Boston.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2006, 12:33:30 PM »

Yes, the yankees did play poorly aganist Baltimore. But, you have to remember that after the yankees lost 19-1 on July 4th, that that's when they went on a tear winning all these games to get the division lead.

Anything's possible...

Man I hope you're right.

First game in about 30 min.

Smiley

Together again,
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2006, 04:08:16 PM »

Anything's possible...

Man I hope you're right.

First game in about 30 min.

Smiley

So far so good. With 2 innings left to go, the yanks lead 8-3. Wang is on line to get his 14th win of the season.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2006, 05:33:58 PM »

The Yanks make it a blow-out. 12-4 Yanks.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »

Frankly, these were two of the most disgusting games I have ever watched.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2006, 10:19:57 PM »

All right now...the Yankees take the 1st 3 of a 5 game series meaning the worst they can finiash is with a 2.5 game lead hihi

Watch they get spanked at hoem when they play them in NY

Boston's ERA after 3 games= 13.00 rofl

ESPN hasn't got a clue hihi
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2006, 12:35:22 AM »

My whole family and I are Yankee fans, have been since day one. We have friends up in Boston that always talk shit and also a neighbor that does. Our neighbor spray-painted "RED SOX #1" on our pavement road infront of our house back in 2004 and it recently just wore away. So we're awaiting the time to get him back, hopefully by spray-painting the NY symbol on his house a couple times  Grin.

If the Yankees do sweep this weekend, don't really want to jinx it but what the hell, we plan on sending a broom to our relations in Boston. Wonder how that'll go over!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2006, 08:39:54 AM »

Well, Markus....you were sure right on the  3 out of 5...at LEAST. Smiley

So far, it's almost been the '78 Boston Massacre all over again.  If they win today, the Red Sox are going to have a tough climb to overtake the Yanks for the division AND a pretty tough climb to overtake the Chi Sox or the Twins for the Wild Card.

Together again,
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

This series has been so sweet so far!  It's funny how I can't seem to find any Red Sox fans around this weekend.  hihi

Hell, I lost sleep Friday night to watch the game and then last night I went out and got home much later...

Hope I can stay awake tonight for the game!

Why don't you just....
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2006, 07:13:10 PM »

That would be really sweet to have a 5 game series sweep, and in Boston no less....talk about alot of suicidal Bostonians rofl

I really hope the Yankees pound Shilling to the point where he chokes on that bloody fucking sock hihi
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2006, 10:33:05 PM »

Good lord, the Yankee love-fest in this thread is about as disgusting as the past two days have been.  Does anyone yet understand why I despise that team (especially its owner) and 95% of their fans?

Red Sox fans love their team.  This is why the fans all boo Johnny Damon, Roger Clemens (even as a Blue Jay), and any other players who have left on their own accord.  If Derek Lowe played against the Sox, we would boo the hell out of him.  As my fiancee says, "I wish I could find a man who would love me as blindly as the Red Sox fans love their team."

Yankee fans only love winning.  Every player is just a disposable part to most of them.  They boo their own players more than they boo former players who left.  If you aren't a winner, they don't want you.  It's like someone once said about the 1990 Yankees (when they were 7th in the AL East, 67-95 record, Rick Cerone led the team in batting average among players with 125+ AB's, while Eric Plunk and Lee Guetterman led the team in ERA)-- "Fond reminiscence of the days when the past was a rapidly fading Mattingly, the present was as barren as Steve Balboni, the future was Bam Bam Meulens and Kevin Maas ... and the bandwagon was less crowded."  The team was 9th out of 14 in the AL in attendance, and 11th out of 14 the next two seasons.  Seems the fans at that time forgot the old axiom of "Yankee pinstripes, Yankee pride."

As an aside, Jack Nicholson is both a Yankee fan and a Laker fan.  How is this possible?  Can we paint a mustache on him and call him Hitler already?  You wanna be a Yankee fan?  Fine.  But you'd better be a fan of the Knicks, Rangers/Isles, and Giants/Jets too.  None of this four favorite teams in four different cities kind of crap.

Anyways, enough of this crap.  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch the loser team that my fellow fans and I will continue to support through better and worse.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: