Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want  (Read 73186 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2006, 09:03:27 AM »

Yes the yankees have a tough strecth coming up Lips Sealed

However, the last time they played the White Sox they swept them, and the Angels aren't quite the same team they've been in yars past, and Boston lost 2 of 3 to everybody's favorite wipping post tampa bay......but they always play the yankees tough.....

I guess they call it the dog days of August for a reason....

but all things considered, the yankees have been getting the best starting pitching of al those teams since the All-Star break and hopefully it continues.....and they still have the best closer in baseball (papplebon blew another rofl)

should be fun to see papplebon get called into a game in the playoffs in the 8th inning needing to get 5 outs if the Red Sox make the playoffs hihi
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2006, 01:06:22 PM »

Sox are 0.5 games out of the wildcard lead, they are 4-6 in their last 10 while the Twins (who are also 0.5 games out of the wildcard lead) are 6-4 in their last 10 and the White Sox (the wildcard leaders) are 6-4 in their last 10.

Meaning the sox need to step it up.

But, the yankees do have a tough stretch of games coming up. They have 3 in Chicago, and then 3 aganist the angels. Later on they have 5 in Boston which could be a determining factor in the winner of the AL East.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2006, 07:41:27 PM »

I think they have Wang, Johnson and mussina goin....so they may be OK
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2006, 01:47:46 PM »

You would think. Wang surely wasn't great last night 4 earned runs in 5 innings. Rivera blows the 5-4 lead and Proctor gives up the rbi single to dye. We lose 6-5 in 11 innings. Too bad.

But, the red sox lose 6-4 to the royals, they are doing just horrible.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2006, 02:24:18 PM »

Got a feeling the RedSox are gonna get real hot in late August / early September
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »

Got a feeling the RedSox are gonna get real hot in late August / early September

Well they better hurry up and do it, they've lost 3 straight now aganist the devil rays and royals.

They've clearly hit the bottom.

On A SideNote, I don't really trust feelings, when other people say they have them or when I have them. I've realized that they're really just our greatest fears...

So many times, I've heard people (or myself) say I've got a feeling that and it turns out to be false.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 02:31:53 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »

And chalk up blown save #3 in a week.

OK, we've seen Carmona needs some work on it and that he should be eased into the role.  Why keep throwing him out there rather than putting Davis in to close?

A sign of mental illness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result each time.  I think Eric Wedge needs a psychoanalysis.

4 Losses in 1 week? 3 walk off blown saves, 11 earned runs? In the last 7 games he has a 37.80 ERA, with 11 Runs and 3 Homers.

Ouch.

I suspect he'll be saying Hello to Buffalo of the International League pretty soon.  You can't put up those kinda numbers and expect your team to keep you around...whether you want to play setup man or not.

He won't do the buffalo shuffle just yet.  They just need to drop him out of the closer role for a bit.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2006, 08:16:50 AM »

The Yankees turn a blowout to a nailbiter and the Sox turn a "sure thing" into a loss...what a night.

I was pleasantly surprised by Randy last night, who looked great through 6 innings.  When he came out for the 7th, after the long break, I though their might be trouble.  But Villone, while not sharp, managed to clean up the mess.  Farnsworth...well....the guy has been pitching lights out since the All Star break.  Like almost everyone, I figured the game was over.  Then, he came in and sucked pond water.  Even Mariano wasn't exactly sharp in the 9th, even though he managed to stomp on the breaks.  Bad night?  Or was the bullpen just sort of caught unawares after the way the game was looking?  I don't know but the Yank bullpen has been rock solid since the All Star break and the last two nights do NOT give me warm fuzzies, if you know what I mean.

Of course, it coulda been worse.  The Red Sox, and their vaunted "best closer in baseball" (more on that in a sec) blew their 4-3 9th inning lead, which helps the Yanks in the standings, which is sorta nice.  If you're a Sox fan, though, you gotta be feeling some pain this AM.  4 straight losses to the bottom of the barrell.  And, in addition....KC threatened a LOT last night.  Seemed like every inning after the 4th they had guys in scoring position but couldn't come through.  Almost any other team and the Sox would likely have been looking at getting blown off the field.

One other aside: I keep hearing people says Pappelbon in the "best closer in baseball" (sorry, not for my money...Mariano is still the man for me).  With the number of blown saves he has.....I don't know how you can give him that honor.  5 blown saves? Yikes.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2006, 10:21:04 AM »

It was still ineveitable that Papplebon was gonna hit the wall. He was on too ridiculous a pace there for awhile. He's pretty nasty, but please Rivera is GNR compared to Papplebon who may be Avenged Sevenfold
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2006, 04:27:49 PM »

Yeah about the yankee bullpen:

Last 2 nights, it's mainly been Rivera (both nights) and then Farnsworth (last night) who have gotten themselves in trouble. Rivera has not pitched well aganist the white sox this season. And, also this is Chicago and the the white sox do have the most potent line-up.

Also, you have to remember Farnsworth is the one that gave up 2 homers aganist the Astros which basically ended the Braves Season.

---

But, the yankees held on last night and we go up 3 games on the sox. The more games ahead we are of the red sox when we go into Boston, the better.

Oh and Johnson finally gets his 12th win.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2006, 03:15:06 AM »

nice mets are 25 over 500 14 in first and their pitching has been good.. This time is all about personal numbers and hopefully some off days for the stars also 100 win season would be nice.. 31 wins out of 50 left..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »

nice mets are 25 over 500 14 in first and their pitching has been good.. This time is all about personal numbers and hopefully some off days for the stars also 100 win season would be nice.. 31 wins out of 50 left..

Do the Yankees still have the best record in NYC or did the latest series against Chicago set them bacK? hihi

The prblem with the Mets is the inferior competition they face rofl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2006, 08:03:14 AM »

Do the Yankees still have the best record in NYC or did the latest series against Chicago set them bacK? hihi

The prblem with the Mets is the inferior competition they face rofl

The Mets record is now better (69-44) than the yanks (67-44) by a game (well, 2 wins, but 2 more games, so really 2 1/2 games, so...one game Smiley  )

The problem with the entire NL is they're mediocre, at best.  The Mets are a good team in a mediocre league.  You put them in the AL and I'd bet they're "middle of the road"  in just about any of the divisions.

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »

The Mets can hit with any team in the AL, but that staff would concern the shit out me if I were you. You better pray that Houston does not sneak into the Wild Card and come to Shea in the 1st round either.  Clemens , Oswalt and Pettitte lined up against Pedro, Glavine and Traschel?Huh??

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2006, 12:49:04 PM »

The Mets can hit with any team in the AL, but that staff would concern the shit out me if I were you. You better pray that Houston does not sneak into the Wild Card and come to Shea in the 1st round either.? Clemens , Oswalt and Pettitte lined up against Pedro, Glavine and Traschel?Huh??

FYI, I'm not the Mets fan, obviously. Smiley

Have you seen their record in interleague play? Not what I would call encouraging.  They're 6-8.  And the ONLY team they've "won" the season series against is the Blue Jays.  They're 3-3 with the Yanks(  2-1 early in the season when the Yanks were in their "funk" and 1-2 later in the season), 1-2 against the Orioles, 0-3 against the Red Sox, and 2-1 against Toronto.  Like I said, throw them in any division in the AL (well, maybe not the West...) and I'd bet the Mets would be a middle of the division team.  They're decent, for sure, but their record is benefitting from playing against mediocrity, too.

If Houston makes the play offs, I think they've got a good shot at doing exactly what they did last year.  Their top 3 on their staff are just unreal.  If their offense could score runs, they'd be eating up the NL.

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2006, 01:49:05 PM »

The Mets can hit with any team in the AL, but that staff would concern the shit out me if I were you. You better pray that Houston does not sneak into the Wild Card and come to Shea in the 1st round either.? Clemens , Oswalt and Pettitte lined up against Pedro, Glavine and Traschel?Huh??

FYI, I'm not the Mets fan, obviously. Smiley

Have you seen their record in interleague play? Not what I would call encouraging.? They're 6-8.? And the ONLY team they've "won" the season series against is the Blue Jays.? They're 3-3 with the Yanks(? 2-1 early in the season when the Yanks were in their "funk" and 1-2 later in the season), 1-2 against the Orioles, 0-3 against the Red Sox, and 2-1 against Toronto.? Like I said, throw them in any division in the AL (well, maybe not the West...) and I'd bet the Mets would be a middle of the division team.? They're decent, for sure, but their record is benefitting from playing against mediocrity, too.

If Houston makes the play offs, I think they've got a good shot at doing exactly what they did last year.? Their top 3 on their staff are just unreal.? If their offense could score runs, they'd be eating up the NL.

Listen up Caped Crusader...I think your tights are riding into the unknown!  I'm well aware that you're a fellow Yankee fan - I was speaking to the other guy
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2006, 02:35:34 PM »

Listen up Caped Crusader...I think your tights are riding into the unknown!? I'm well aware that you're a fellow Yankee fan - I was speaking to the other guy

Heh heh...wanna pick it?

Smiley

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2006, 02:51:45 PM »

Listen up Caped Crusader...I think your tights are riding into the unknown!? I'm well aware that you're a fellow Yankee fan - I was speaking to the other guy

Heh heh...wanna pick it?

Smiley

It was inevitable for a baseball discussion among Yankee fans to become about assholes.  You guys have taken one too many dives into the home plate netting.  hihi peace

As for the Mets, the 6-8 interleague record would be much better if they didn't run into Boston in the middle of their 12-13 game win streak... I'd love for the Mets to play them now.   hihi

And Houston?  No chance.  Pettitte has been awful this year (he's contemplating retirement), Oswalt has been so-so, and I would take Pedro over Satan any day.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2006, 03:47:58 PM »

Heh heh...wanna pick it?

Smiley

Ummm...no......freak
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2006, 03:52:36 PM »

It was inevitable for a baseball discussion among Yankee fans to become about assholes.? You guys have taken one too many dives into the home plate netting.? hihi peace

As for the Mets, the 6-8 interleague record would be much better if they didn't run into Boston in the middle of their 12-13 game win streak... I'd love for the Mets to play them now.? ?hihi

And Houston?? No chance.? Pettitte has been awful this year (he's contemplating retirement), Oswalt has been so-so, and I would take Pedro over Satan any day.

Excuse me?  You've been spending too much time with LoDuca gambling on animals and picking up teenagers, I think!

You would take Pedro over Clemens?  I'm not so sure I would. Pettitte is pretty solid in playoffs, pal. I would'nt discount him so fast. Oswalt is better than any pitcher on either staff. Yes even Pedro, because Oswalt can pitch into the 8th inning if necessary. With Sanchez out, Pedro's lack of durability is gonna kill you guys even more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: